Is the IS300 the best first car for someone who wants to get into cars?

Is the IS300 the best first car for someone who wants to get into cars?

If by IS300 you mean 3k civic then yes it is.

No. The IS300 is the best first car for someone who appreciates a good, fun, stock car. All the ricerfags don't know what the fuck they're doing and ruin the hell out of it.

If you want to get into mods and shit get a Saab. Those things are cheap as dirt and come turbocharged from the factory. Slap some Euro-rice on it, diverter valves and whatever the fuck else then have some dude tune it for $100. Blow it up then learn from that.

I dont think an unreliable shitbox will be good for a first time car buyer

Saabs are money pits

A best first car is the one that will not ruin you financially and which you will not mourn too badly when you inevitably get 2hektik in it.

>buy a saab
That's probably the worst thing I've ever heard

Get the IS300 wagon.

miata is

Have you guys actually ever owned any? They're just as simple as anything else and there is a mountain of used parts sitting around.

He said that he wanted to get into cars - what does that mean if he's not going to get his hands dirty and work on shit in the car? A lot of cars are turbocharged these days and he can get used to everything that goes into them in the Saab. Not only that, but Saabs also have a huge diehard following so there are internet guides and resources on literally every little problem and procedure.

Oi Garret, is that an old Leprecon console?

>found a sport cross in the wild in some cincinatti Buy here pay here lot
>look at the car, hatch feels super loose, probably needs something replaced in the vacuum lever thing
> looks like the car literally hasn't been moved or cleaned in months, caked in dirt and debris from trees, even though it's in the middle of the lot
>ask for a test drive, salesman insists on coming with
>has me make 4 immediate right turns, insists I follow his "track"
>we basically just go 35 mph in a tight circle around the dealership
> sticker price was like 8500 dollars, insisted that he didn't care what the NADA or TMV values stated he won't take a cent off the car
Was already sketched out by general impressions of the place and the car, but the dude refusing to negotiate pissed me off and I just stormed out of there

Saab went out of business for a reason

You did a good thing to yourself user, by not being a cuck and knowing when to back out, not alot of people on this board know how to do that

Funfact from an SX owner: The gas shock for the hatch in an SX is IDENTICAL to the one in the Volvo 860/V70 wagon (early one), which is super cheap and strong and it can be fitted in less than 60 seconds. But yeah. Get a proper SX if you get it, not some overgrown crap. They're starting to become exotic.

don't forget to roll up that rim bud, could be another doubledouble hidin under there

Why is this being argued? The Volkswagen beetle is pretty much the only answer to the question of "what car do i get if i want to get into cars". This thread shouldnt exist

>lexus
>good
lel

They are good cars. Be careful if you want a manual one, most of them are hooned to shit. The manuals also don't play nice with higher amounts of horsepower, so if you plan to get more power out of it you should keep that in mind.

>toyota reliability
>german level luxury eithout breaking every 50k and costing 10 grand to fix

lmao

>is 300
>german level luxury

This. The IS300 is the least luxurious out of all the lexus models.

The IS 300 is a nice car for its time, but if you want to "get into cars" just get an older Civic. The car itself is fairly reliable and inexpensive and community is large and diverse enough to expose you to a lot of facets of car culture. And if you decide that cars really aren't your thing, it's no big deal and you can just sell it without much loss thanks to slow depreciation and a large pool of potential buyers.

You're right, the Lexus was far better than this garbage.

>that gauge cluster
>that screen
haram

I fix Saabs for a living, they're fucking money pits. Especially with the B207. Parts prices are through the roof for factory shit and your only other option for most things is URO and URO is trash.
And God help you if an interior part breaks. I had to replace a driver seat in a 9-3 once time and the closest replacement was in a junkyard in Georgia (I live in Washington). It wasn't even the right color so I had to strip both seats down to the frame and swap the upholstery.

Cheap Beetles don't exist anymore, dude. A decent example to learn on is still going to run about $4-5k, minimum. At least around here.