Asymmetrical Slasher General /asg/ /dbdg/ /f13g/ Friday the 13th Dead By Daylight

Peace at last edition.

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online Multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2741975115062342321/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/12918172084960

Previous thread: Asphyxiated

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/vg/1496504702798.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just saw the first F13, it being the mom was a pretty nice accidental twist.

DbD is dead

what

Post some #JustChadThings

>Told this beartrap to lay on the floor.jpg

This is not Chad things. Chad is a selfish opportunist who'll screw someone over to survive (and save someone if he can without putting himself in danger), but he's not going to fuck with them for the hell of it when they could possibly be of use.

He's Dr. Crews from Part 7, basically.

Times you were a cunt?

>Find phone fuse and boat prop in first cabin
>2 cabins between me and boat
>Find gas in the final cabin
>Take prop first
>Guy starts racing towards the boat
>Turns around when he sees me heading away
>Grab the gas and return to the boat
>Escape solo
>With the phone fuse

>Jason finds me
>disconnect

>Go to fight jason
>Grabs me from five feet away

I'm all for Jason being OP but that's just stupid, so many cool moments ruined by that

>fighting jason with out a pocket knife or someone else to save you
what did you expect?

>It's a "Tommy is Betraying for no reason at all" episode
Not a fan desu

Who /hero/ here?

Regardless of who I am I always make my main mission to get everyone else out.

>you will never have a Cantonese speaking wife
f13 is giving me bad thoughts whenever I hear that high voice.

As counselor, I try to get as many as possible out but I also want to be on the first vehicle to freedom, even if it means leaving on the boat alone.

Now, as Tommy Jarvis, I am full hero mode. My only job is to protect the survivors and get them to safety, come what may. I don't escape until everyone else is out. Yesterday, I was driving the four-seater and stopped right at the exit to let someone else take the wheel so I could go back for the others. Felt pretty good, desu.

>Challenge Jason to a duel
>I won't run and he can't grab
>They always just go for the grab

NO
FUN
ALLOWED

>find the prop and gas in the same house near the boat
>find the car keys as well
>tell a friend of mine the boats about to be fixed so he should head over
>a Vanessa sprints up to us and is clearly mashing E to get into the boat
>wacks me as soon as I finish gassing it up
>I start the boat while my bud dukes it out with Vanessa
>he gets her to injured status and hops in the boat, we leave
>another counselor who was watching what was going on kills Vanessa
>in all the excitement I forgot I had the car keys
I mean there has to be more than one pair of keys lying around, right? Granted there was only 1 car.

>Be Tommy
>Gonna fix this 2 seater and let the remaining 2 escape
>Find gas
>Fuel that bad boy up
>1 person dies
>Well I guess it's just me and the other guy
>Find keys
>Now if only someone will find the battery
>Other guy dies
>Guess I'm doing that too
>Juke Jason through 3 cabins.
>Find the battery
>No more pocket knives or firecrackers.
>Try escape a cabin out the back by unlocking the door and running for it.
>Don't have the stam for it
>Rest a bit and go for the vehicle
>Just about to repair it when Jason grabs me
>Insta kills me
>Spectator calls me a tryhard
>mfw

>I mean there has to be more than one pair of keys lying around, right?
no there's only the one pair, one per car.

>that one guy that hides beside the door, then stuns you when you break it down
Granted, they usually wind up dying down the road anyway, but it's still annoying

>how dare counselors fight back by actually utilizing Jason's weaknesses

Who the FUCK are these assholes counseling at camp? Where are all the kids?! What about the cook or the actual fucking adult who runs the whole thing? Have the developers never been to fucking camp before?

>can't use a mic right now
>limping injured with gas and the fuse as a low repair character
>found the phone
>see AJ grill gamer
>signal to her to come so I can give her the stuff so she can repair the phone
>she sees I am limping and instead of coming up to me she drops the medspray 20 meters away from me
>I am signaling to her with my flashlight
>she's just talking about some stupid shit, completely ignoring that I have gas, that I can't move fast and that I am signaling to her with the flashlight
>Jason shows up
>just as I am getting close to her by slowly limping she takes the medspray and runs inside a building
>tells me barricade the door
>takes me forever just to get to the fucking door
>now I am slowly limping trying to catch up to her
>finally get to her and drop the fuse
>she drops medspray, completely ignores the fuse
>seconds later she is getting killed and screeching at me how she shouldn't have given me the medspray, how I should save her
>I am carrying a fucking gas can and can't do anything about it
>try to repair the phone
>get killed because it takes way too long
Playing without a mic, not even once
I am starting to hate people who rely on mics more than people without mics. These people are completely unable to figure out anything, they need to be told exactly what is happening over the mic. These people can't simply look at you and figure something as simple as ''hey, this person isn't carrying a weapon''.

Why are people still playing Skyrim?

Autism.

>this Jason was playing ghostbusters music for the whole chase

I understand them doing it when they're cornered or getting someone out of a grip. But when you forgo the opportunity to get a window open, head for the hills while he's still busting for door down, and instead just sit there and takes swats at him? That's not survival, that's just being a cunt.
But again, it usually gets them killed since they didn't run when they should have

There are some people who simply live those games, user. They download three hundred waifu perfection mods, create waifus, pose and screenshot their waifus, then start over. Head over to /tesg/ and gaze there into an abyss in which you will leave a part of yourself behind.

Is there a way to be always transmitting? I don't want to hold down T just to share my sweet beats with my victims.

There is a push to talk option in the settings

>Game start
>jason spawn right after you
>ista grab
>FFS
>get back as tommy
>he teleport AGAIN close to you
>shoot him and run away
>running in a house with someone inside
>he open the door
>he close the door in my face make me die

this shit is happening in every fucking game

I heard there was a site to cheat and get perk.

Give it to me.

>some guy comes back as tommy
>i'm sitting in a tent in a corner of the map waiting out the police timer
>tommy leads jason to me and calls me a faggot for hiding
>disconnect to deny jason xp

Does anyone know a way to rebind keys since the game won't let you? I use a trackball mouse, so I don't have a middle mouse button, and not being able to throw knives is really hampering my ability to catch people as a non-running Jason. Which sucks because Part 6 is my favorite Jason and I basically can't use one of his abilities.

Is there an easier way to do that shit than using MorphVOX?

Hmmm

Don't break down the door with the prompt and attack it normally, you'll break it down faster because your not stuck in that ending animation like you would if you did it with the prompt. So you can just grab people right after its down if their trying to hit you.

They need to fix it imo.

Watch the movies.

It's always the counselors are there alone during orientation or whatever

Voicemeeter Banana, but you need to figure out how everything works.

Fuck shift grabbers, honestly. I don't even care about choke or anything else anymore. But shift grab is fucking retarded and anyone who uses it should die.

I wish there was a practice mode where you could play Jason and check out his wep animations some Jason are aids to hit windows or control.

>cook
the cook is dead

>hiding with kenny in a house because jason nearby
>buggsy betrays us and reveals our position
>probably tells jason where last person is hiding
>proceeds to kill himself.

You just gotta get a friend and do a private match with him

>friend
my friends wont buy this game after its terrible launch and high price tag for little content.

lol
map generator working as internded

I don't blame them, 40 is too much for this game and I honestly feel like this game(while fun) is gonna die soon.

I honestly hate playing as Jason now because without knives, playing as zombie Jason just becomes tedious and aggravating. Sure, I could just shift strike, but shift grabbing ends the nonsense quicker, and is the optimal way of doing. I put my preference on counselor because he just isn't fun to play if you want to win

>try to kill jason in pub
>have everything
>start the pamela dres
>lol better hit him with the most shitty weapon in the game
>fuck up everything
>"IS YOUR FAULT user WE KILL HIM 2 TIME IS YOUR FAULT"

fucking cancer people

I main 7 and I always kill at least half the people or more. Never shift grabbed.

you realize that the zombie jasons can't run and are intended to use shift to catch up to people right?
>Why not shift melee!
because some Jason are shit weapon swings and miss a lot and people like Tommy jarvis, Vanessa and buggsy should be killed on sight.

This senpai, Jason is shity pressure on a player to hold back and get memed on or tryhard and decimate people.
want to have fun and get environmental kills?
no fuck you Jason were going to walk around in a 5 and only focus on one objective it's like people want to fucking die in uncool ways.

Does leaving while being in kill animation denies XP to Jason? I just got shift grabbed again, while being last one alive and waiting for the cops.

you don't have to shift grab, but instead of chasing Tiffany across the map until she gets tired is just annoying when I can end it much quicker with a shift grab. But it's insane how fast some of the counselors are. I always thought they were slow as hell, even when I play Tiffany, but being zombie Jason, they're so much more faster. My past few games, I've killed everybody and shift grabbed, but i try to not do it often. Even though if you get caught by a shift grab, it's probably your fault for walking ina straight line

I used to play part 7 because of the machete, but I just go part 8 now bc the destruction

git gud desu senpai

>Does leaving while being in kill animation denies XP to Jason?
yes, but dont be a twat and do that. Dying is part of the game, take your lumps

8/8
7/8
every time i play what chu talking bout son?

i go completely try-hard. I trap all the objectives, block flare/firecrackers, and just(usually) kill someone the instant I can, but not always grabs. Most of the time i just melee attack people

It's kind of amazing at how many people don't know that you can block flares and firecrackers as jason.

It is kind of dumb though imo.

Fuckin wanna play so bad. But its too buggy and needs more content before its worth £30

*shift grabs u*
dying is apart of life but people still get upset over that

I really enjoy environmental kills and long animations, I like to fuck around and hit them around before dragging them to the bird bath.
with the exception of tommy jarvis and buggsy who I just kill on sight. or if i just dragged you outside of the car and there's 3 nigs about to jump out and try something.

The flare im a little iffy on whether on not blocking it is balanced, considering it's basically a free stun, but the fire crackers should not be blockable, because it literally defeats any purpose of using them when he can just walk right through, other than like a shitty pocket knife when Jason grabs you.

I'm fine with dying to anything and at any time, as long as it's not shift grab. Especially when it's done by part 2 or 3 without previous confrontations.

Someone said jason can just walk over traps while in combat stance while blocking. Ive yet to try it though

Can you re-repair the phone box after Jason smashes it? I didn't get to check myself because I got killed during the ensuing chase.

Can confirm the trap triggers it's just nothing happens to you. that's not as big a deal though you can just shift over those if you wanted to.

yes, you can re repair it. You gotta do the minigame all over again though.

Yes, if you fix it and he hits it just repair it again, same with all the power generators as well.

Seems like if you cut maps in half between East and West, the exit the cops will be at will be opposite entrance to the side of the map the phone was spawned.

Okay what's the right way to play all the specific Jasons if not using shift?
People seem to have a lot of idea's about how Jason should be played but aren't sharing them or proving their worth instead it just seems like people vent about Jason after he's just fucked them.

Has anyone made a list of every action that gives you XP? (Picking up a weapon/ Setting a trap/turning on the radio/etc)

>Okay what's the right way to play all the specific Jasons if not using shift?
just use shift, its in the game to be used. people will bitch but it is what it is

Just don't insta gib people right away and try to bring them to a environmental kill if you can.

But if their some annoying guy feel free to insta kill.

FUCK FRENCH FAGGOT WHO THINK THEY ARE GOOD AT THIS GAME

Alright here's how I play

Never harass the 2 seat boat or car if people don't tunnel on the 4 car and phone good for them they can leave.

If they've got a shotgun kill them
if they are tommy jarvis kill them
if they are buggsy kill them
if they are Vanessa kill them (only if you want to help them I've never seen a positive Vanessa player. )
if you limp them and they heal to full consider killing them outright, to many times I've encountered that fucking double healing perk.

there's 8 people and 20 minutes. you can afford to give people 2.5 mins of your time if no objective is active. if the cops are coming or you are stopping a four car all rules are off.

Everyone else take your time try and spook them

hey guys i have an idea
since everyone seems to just shift choke as jason i think a good idea would be to make environmental kills more worth it
heres what im thinking- more xp for enviro kills to incentivize them (maybe nerf murdering/equipped kills xp if necessary)
much more xp for being versatile (jason kills almost everyone uniquely in the films, there should be a huge push to do the same in game)
and finally make it so enviro kill spot circles show up as red or something and make it so jason can see them even if he isn't holding anyone (that way people can know whats nearby without having to trial and error every time they play jason)

Feminine penis mods

>you drive
>constantly juke the jason and get a full four-seater out every time

>someone else drives
>they either crash into everything, fuck up a juke and get killed, or drive in a circle around the map in reverse

Jason can't stop the car if you drive in reverse.

So 2 left on a 4 seater and others called the cops. So I started watching boat from the water. I killed 1 at the cops and 4 on the bot when they tried to ride one it one by one. Was I playing like a cunt here? Jason wasn't my preference anyway and I chose random Jason and got 2.

The fucking shit Devs still haven't fixed the server problems on console fuck these stupid cunts

Yes he can!

I've yet to see a Jason manage to stop the car if it's driving in reverse.

If it moves into him while he's in whichever direction it's moving he slams it and it breaks down.

That's because most people go forward the second Jason teleports behind.

Interesting

>when you complete your todo list

Anyone got that map with all the position of the possible cops/cabin/phone on the three map? Thanks!

How the fuck do you know where the cops are etc? This game is fucking hard

i.4cdn.org/vg/1496504702798.jpg

>How the fuck do you know where the cops are etc?
With a map

Sorry mon amis. 90% of the french playerbase are Vanessa player sadly and won't try to learn the game.

Also french streamer. They just give the wrong image of the game by playing Vanessa and saying that she's the best character and character like AJ mason are shit because they don't have enough stamina/speed. Also, that Jason is OP when they don't even know how to manage their fear or play really good (they troll most of the time and ghost).

One of them that i watch (because he's entertaining in other games) is also a dead by daylight player that will non-stop say that Harpy, Doctor, Michael Myers are the most OP character in the game. Oh well.

No when you weren't 2 people had already escaped
cops were active and the boats a death trap because jason is so fast in the water.
i mean if the words drowned came up 3 times and the forth guy still didn't catch on not much you can do to help him along.

So how do I go about and micspam the NES fight music? Is there a guide out there I can use?

I just want to give the players a bit of joy before I break their spines.

>"He's coming! Quick, I already had that cabin locked up and the windows open, we can slow him down there. You jump in first!"
>SNAP
>"JASON QUICK, THE FRONT DOOR IS UNLOCKED"

Okay, so some russian tiffany was running around and when i was playing Jason, he never gave off those 'sound pings' on the map despite running around like a madman, and never glowed red in sense.

Is this some kinda bullshit perk set, or is there foul play going on?

>tommy jarvis comes back and kills a hiding AJ
>he rages over the mic

God bless these players

Nobody ever speaks in any lobby I've been in. Most I've had is 1 dude.

>finally jason
>get matched up with people who can't even call tommy let alone the fucking cops