I'm going to switch to Synthetic oil but I'm not sure which brand to use...

I'm going to switch to Synthetic oil but I'm not sure which brand to use. The prices vary widely brand by brand and in just wondering if there is really a difference between Mobil 1 which seems ubiquitous or a brand like Royal Purple, Schaeffers or Ams oil.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vxdO_9nc
540ratblog.wordpress.com/
apfco.com/secure/R8235W/
walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-5W-30-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt/17034372
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mobil 1 is love

Mobile 1 is life

Royal Purple and Amisol are for racingfags

M1 changed its business model to bitching out the average joe, so I'm not going to comment on it. When you can buy a case of whatever at Costco you know you have an oil company in trouble.

Castrol GTX

>I'm going to switch to Synthetic oil but I'm not sure which brand to use

Whatever is cheapest. It really doesn't matter.

Thank god for the ISO

This, been running my car on gtx high milage since 180k, just rolled over 300 without a problem

>M1 changed its business model to bitching out the average joe

what do you mean?

whatever full synthetic is cheapest in the weight you want

M1 was early to get in on some synth molecular lines to make oil and then it figured on making more bux by using a different stock. In the process it got yuge market image.

For real unless you're racing I wouldn't worry about it. Nowadays it has to live on being still a decent oil even if it went for volume production and brand recognition as the profit model.

I was just curious as to how the business model changed.

IDGAF what I use, as long as its changed every 5k or better. Thanks VW turbos.

>Dealer says interval is 10k and it will be $100
L O L

>business model
It's like Detroit aka "motor city"

You get what the call "the hook" and then string them along. It was great when you saw Mobile 1 emphasizing LS1s and shit and showing how these engines looked clean as fuck when taken apart. There's nothing wrong with that. Mobile 1 is a decent oil. I use it sometimes. But it just goes to show the old-fashioned MURICAN advertising model.

I only use mobil1 it really doesn't matter. Mobil1 0w40 yuro is really good.

Rotella T6 in fucking everything.

Is it really worth the trouble going full synth, when the potential outcome can be a leak?

That's only a meme if you're driving an actually vintage car.

My car "requires" it

If you want the turbo to last at all

Helps to put sawdust in the transmission, too, to make it feel better.

Brand isn't important. What's important is weight and changing it at the appropriate intervals.

brb, hope I haven't had too much beer and will fuck it up, thanks user!!

>live where it gets -30F in the winter

Yeah, I'm only buying Mobil 1.
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vxdO_9nc

>Synthetic oil
It also depends on what type of synthetic oil. Remember that the legal definition of synthetic oil by the FTC (usa federal trade commission) is what matters for oil sold in the usa. That definition allows conventional oil to be highly processed thru hydro-cracking to called synthetic oil. It is a cheaper approach than Pennzoil's genuine synthetic approach of creating the oil from scratch.

One of the biggest advantages of synthetic oil comes from being homogeneous (oil molecules have consistent chain length). Cracked oil has a lot of molecules with varrying lengths although it does have a lot of conventional oil impurities removed during the refining process.

You can check the PSI test results from the oil database at the 540rat site.

540ratblog.wordpress.com/

I trust my motors with Mobil 1.

MOEBILL JUAN
ENGINEERED
TO
PERFORM

#eatsleepraperepeat

You can literally get 5quarts of Mobile 1 synthetic for $10 right now:

apfco.com/secure/R8235W/

walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-5W-30-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt/17034372

Amsoil, it's the best.

Castrol Edge