Rising Storm 2 General /rs2g/

Gook Wives Edition

Previous thread: → → This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Official Steam Group Edition VVVVVV
steamcommunity.com/groups/rs2gsquadup

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

>tfw no gookfu

How do I not suck lads?

Fucking commies in this general.

m-14 a shit
m-79 a shit
grease gun a shit
claymore a shit

greasegun is 9/10 bro

this game is shit

GET ON THE CAP
GET ON IT U NIGGER
REEEEEEE
And stick with your squad for dem extra ptssss

Pic related/unrelated.

I'm thinking to start putting up a pastebin to "solidify" our general. What should be there? Some guides explaining retards how to play, just a bunch of links? What should we do?

Nothing because nobody reads pastebins and you know it.

how unfortunate

Shit I really gotta learn how to quickly stabilize the huey after throwing it to the side to lose speed. Crashed way too many helicopters already.

pastebins can be good if it's a game that is kind of exotic but there isn't much to say in this case.

It ain't me

Low speed so you can land?

Rip Commander.

What are the odds of that happening? Only thing that can top that if it's an F20.

>That last second desperation shot even though the MG will not traverse anymore

>lying prone with MG
>firing single shots at a guy 100m away and nothing's happening
>after I've fired half a pan, he turns around and headshots me

>mg
>single shots
Doing it wrong

yeah

Is it just me or is the server browser shit?

>server says 60/64
>join
>0 people in the server

Not that you can't do it but it's safer if you just have a phase of killing speed before you land. Fly low and use trees and anything as cover.

What's the most satisfying feeling in this game?

>see some retard poking his gun through some window
>empty mag into wall
>killfeed intensifies

steam -> view -> servers ->rs2 vietnam

Shooting a burst of flame inside a building and hearing five gooks scream in agony.

beta wave 7

beta wave 8

When the entire helicopter load of GIs trying to back-cap B walks into my mines or tripwires.

now

How do i fix this?

spraying 2 or more people with the stockless greasegun and / or other stockless weapons and killing them all

Why are you posting chinks if you want a gookfu?

>0.35 per match
>0.05 per match

>watching platoon right now
This doesn't look so fun anymore.
Night maps when ?

By recognising that the line of fire is below the line of sight, and upon having this nirvana-like strike of enlightenment, raising the barrel above the cover you're kneeling behind.

See this brush? That's a Blocking Volume, you can get to the top of it here. You can't vault over the ledge but you get a clear line of sight of any gook trying to run up or down the wall.

invent a gun where bullets come from the sights

>Using a suppression weapon to not supress

WEW!

Playing Sapper

>finally figured out that the arrow on the dial indicates rate of change in altitude
>the dot is speed in that direction
>mfw flying almost entirely on instruments now and it's awesome

There are a number of tall bushes with trees in them you can hide in. Can't be seen at all. Snuck into one them earlier and got passed all the stone walls that blocked off the objective, got like 10 kills with the shotgun before they realized I was there.

that sucks

You only just now figured that out? I knew it from the start, and I still rarely even look at that shit. Just check if the descent rate number is yellow so you know when to add some thrust or crash.

75m plus kills with a shotgun.

Is this your OC, user?

There any handy engine tweaks? I read about one that supposedly fixes the "Foliage expanding out of the ground" issue, are there others?

patch the SDK you tripwire faggots, everyone crashes when building lightmass and maps looks like a pile of feces without it

What are the chances of that happening?

>Texture Detail : Ultra

Thanks Tripwire, this is truly the power of the Unreal Engine.

With the 5 maps and all those bugs and annoyances from previous games like RS2 just feels like a cash grab. In Q3 we might get 1 (ONE) new map and we should be happy about it.

>5

lol

Not to mention that it runs like gobshite. Fucking Tripwire, I hate them so much but I also keep falling for their shit. FUCK.

Please, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks. What type of ammunition should I be using?

The bullets come out of the gun's barrel. The barrel is pointing at the wood, so the bullets hit that.
It isn't a glitch. You could try moving back or standing up so that the gun's barrel isn't pointing at the wood.

>TFW none of your fucking shots register and people don't die despite huge clouds of blood coming from the bursts you put into them before the game decides you didn't.

>gun resting on something
>barrel is pointing at said something

>Tfw 1.1 K/D with just AKs/M16s and a few games with the shotguns.
Stop playing like its CoD and be more cautious.

pretty bad excuse for a shitty K/D

Much like Australians, I get fucked over by the exchange rate.

I mean, most deaths aren't failed exchanges. Most deaths are being shot whilst trying to push points. I could just stay back and not die and sit down in a nice little bush drinking coffee and waiting for people to show up.

I kind of want to.

Slugs or buck? My record is 105 on a moving target with buck

buck on a passing helicopter

Camping to get your K/D and ego up doesnt hurt every once in a while.

it would be nice if this didn't happen.

>it's another firing into someone from 10 metres away and no rounds hitting episode

I just want to jump to level 60. The double xp is gone soon, and Im only lvl 21. I want to run through the jungle looking like i've got a pair, not like a FNG.

How am I doing so far boys

Supremacy needs a mandatory tutorial.

>try to shoot transport heli landing
>-5 KILLED SELF
>-25 TUNNEL DESTROYED
How?

>find a GI rifleman trying to snipe across the river on An Lao
>sneak up to him and try to scare him by taunting first
>he just keeps shooting
>keep taunting for a good ten seconds
>melee him
>starts turning around two seconds later
>GI's squad mate shows up and stabs both of us to death

i've never been a fan of a "back-capping" mechanic in any multiplayer games, I'm sick and tired of the enemy team having a squad dedicated to cutting off our line right at the stem and no matter how much I explain we need to stop that nobody listens.

Admittedly i'm playing on london servers and so likely the only english speaker but still, come the fuck on and realise we need to stop that shit happening!

But killing clueless opponents that are wandering aimlessly is fun.

>Its a "Invisible barrier 3 inches around hedges and fences blows my cover as I shoot into it" rerun marathon

Just do it yourself and try to get a buddy with you. You don't need many people to make it very difficult for them. In extreme cases you just go SL and force your squad to help.

Boosting/10

Losing because all your team is charging up C on valley is irritating though.

You can't fix stupid.

>stand behind a gook
>literally able to see the hair on his neck
>bayonet is already on the rifle
>stab him
>does nothing
>he turns around and shoots me

Meele in this game is awesome and super rewarding :)

Hopefully it'll be better when it loses popularity.

Hopefully.

I wish you could C4 from the loach passenger side

>TL calls arty on a bad spot killing half his own team
>"Be sure to forgive the teamkills guys, forgive the teamkills or I'll be kicked"

I wish you could do graded punishment with suitable punishments for TKs.
>full forgiveness/own fault
>it happens
>retarded
>holy shit get this retard off the team

R8 me

FNG

>needs more ppsh/10

>at the beginning of the match a teammate killed me intentionally with a flamethrower
>later into the game, I kill a teammate with a deadnade
>he doesnt forgive
>be a little bit upset and ask him "why didn't you np my deadnade tk?´"
>message doesn't appear instead a message appears that I have forgiven the flamethrower guy

>Unload buckshot right into someone
>They're not where this piece of shit game says they are, and it's a total miss
>Instead they're 2 steps ahead of where they are visually at any one time unless they're standing dead still
>Animation and netcode don't mesh at all

This is why the duckbill is nice.

Gook/10

Stood next to a tree and the backblast of your rpg destroyed the tunnel?

does the loach have any use at all?

Thats why I dont stop shooting until the killfeed confirms it

Spotting tunnels it really fucking useful, assuming anyone on the team has the brains to use that info.