What is the drastic fall from grace that has happened to a vehicle line?

What is the drastic fall from grace that has happened to a vehicle line?

I'll start with the Nissan Z line
>240x, a beautiful,lightweight, sports coupe that anyone could afford
to
>370z, a ugly,1 and a half ton bloated 'sports car' that starts at $30000

the celica :(

Pretty sure the old ones were just as expensive or cheap as the new ones in regards to their era. Also you're absolutely deluded if you think 30 grand are expensive.

nigga they both ugly

Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Went from cool look AWD turbo to bloated v6 fwd

Adjusted for inflation a 240z was about $21000, a 370z is $29999
shut ur fukin face m8

370Z has better power to weight
30k is cheap and adjusted for inflation the prices are about the same
your subjective opinions are irrelevant

wow

lancer -_-

>from a global icon of american culture to a rental fleet vehicle in just a few decades

The newer ones arent bad though.

they sure as fuck don't look nice

if they had the hellcat trim in the 2005ish era charger body i would be so happy

>40 years
>Drastic
How about stuff that really changed in a much shorter time. Celicas, Cougars, Eclipses, Pathfinders, Impalas...etc...

the datsun was $3,526 in 1969
which is $24,365.77
a plain jane 6-cyl mustang was $2635
which is $18,208.68

lol you posted the wrong generation for Chargers fall from grace

the newer ones are 10/10 compared to this shit

everything after the first gen was shit
>inb4 ironic westaboos

first 3 gens are fine

turbo 4 cylinder in light weight hatchback
>implying this was not the best charger

All manufacturers are doing this now because people get married and they have to think they are making a compromise because the wife will never want to buy something more than 5 years old because they could easily get 4 cars for the price of a new one. The single purchase has to do everything, so sports cars are just slightly more sporty family cars and now every family car has to make an attempt to be sporty and fail at it. They are all copies of the same nothing.

Pretty sure you're thinking of the wrong generation as the first generation. Also shit opinion.

i daily a mk1 Celica coupe. you cannot possibly fathom my disappointment when i test drove a 2015 model.

yeah i forget about the coronet one

It's even worse now, they turned it into a crossover

even the turbo one runs 16s

faster than the smogged out 4th gens Im sure but its an ugly motherfucker and fwd

>Hating on Turbo Mopars
Get the fuck out of here

anything as ugly as that deserves ridicule

I'll admit the looks, while in line with rest of the garbage that came out from that era, are a bit on the weaker side. Dodge Daytona improved on the looks a lot though. The Scamp also looked oddly nice.

>A car 20-30 years newer has better power to weight
YOU DONT SAY

These things don't even exist anymore.

every L platform car is ugly imo

the Omni/Horizon is least offensive

late 80s shit got better

well dang if its so pigfat vs a lightweight sports car it shouldnt be any better

its supposed to be a fall from grace after all not an improvement

theres a guy with a black one that runs around here same guy also has a black Rampage

not Shelbys tho

>the guy who bench races with spec sheets he finds off the internet is calling people's opinions subjective

>the guy who got btfo is still stalking me

lol

Im sorry youre retarded and wanted to argue about how a car was faster then act salty when you get proven wrong for the rest of your life

The 370z is not ugly. In fact it takes several cues from the 240 like the fastback roof, straight A pillars, and upturned lower window line.
It also doesn't weigh that much for a modern car. It's definitely lighter than the American competition. New cars will never be as light as the old ones.
It does cost a bit more when adjusted for inflation, but so does everything else. The cost of living is higher than it was 40 years ago.

>its a newfagay hasn't killed herself yet episode

Both Z's are nice

I don't understand, is this like the mustang II of chargers?

this is true

Nah, that's the 4th gen "Sapporo" Charger.