/neog/ - SNK and Neo Geo General

Arcade version to release on June 29:
twitter.com/NESiCA_PR/status/870536555504455680

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

The king of fighters XIV PC pre-sale and closed beta is up. Get access and 20% OFF if you preorder!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260
youtu.be/rgTXu88iMHU

BE SURE TO CHECK THIS THREAD. PATCHES ARE POSTED PRETTY OFTEN!
steamcommunity.com/app/571260/discussions/0/1291816880503043773/

Stuff from the chinese conference:
youtu.be/MJwlFbp4toU
youtu.be/QEqXaBq-Scg
youtu.be/JySin3zQqtE

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtu.be/C448iBxhY5c

Version 2.1 is out and fixes some bugs!
snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.01_en.pdf

Arcade version is up to date with all DLC.
Small snippet of exhibition:
youtu.be/yqvDPPcJatY

KoF Destiny Mobile game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobile RPG:
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/

Latest tournament footage:
youtu.be/RT4hkGwe7j4
youtu.be/cmA18dnqNxI
youtu.be/v1JH568QpR0
youtu.be/HwD3v53neA4
youtu.be/gLNqxvNQxQQ
youtu.be/v=WFaLZMTwIjk
youtu.be/xFFq3r0ln10
youtu.be/BV-bjwj5gik
youtu.be/i4zqA4OI5do
youtu.be/PwKfaJ9sJx8
youtu.be/HHOG5ViPrAg

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/868827974350458880
youtube.com/watch?v=-G_PhsAuUzY
steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817837636420421/
twitter.com/dajibanart/status/871805004868399104
youtube.com/watch?v=7u3N2ijLQzg
twitter.com/snk_enter/status/871733733447000064
snk.wikia.com/wiki/Iori_Yagami
youtube.com/watch?v=_up6I4gofzg&t=1m19s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There will be an arcade version tournament in July.
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/868827974350458880

If the mega download doesn't work, use emuparadise.

Fatal Fury Special 2017 world cup PV. They'll have 20 machines there.
youtube.com/watch?v=-G_PhsAuUzY

FFS the best FF

It's amazing that they hold these yearly. They're not even SNK supported. That I know of Oda, Kuroki and the Enta-chan account only retweeted about it.

I think it's got to do with Japanese culture. If they like something enough, they just keep at it pretty much for the rest of their lives.

What games do you play? What's your nick?

Good thing everything managed to fit with the shortened links. I just wish the japs released a bigger, better version of the OP pic, but that's all we've got. It would make a damn fine poster.

shock troopers
This is also the only time I'd namefag

I hope pixiv catches on when Steam version goes live.

user, I promise to play one round of Shock Troopers with you someday. as long as it's not shock troopers 2

Yeah I'm on during the weekends.

steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817837636420421/
Dead on arrival

Reppuken

How does that affect SNK?
Personally hope it does well and if turns out to be true it could mean more possible things to come, some of those possibly SNK related.

it's gonna be Iori Minase with Iori Yagami's costume and moveset

I'd be fine with that. Wish I had preordered tekken with the season pass or whatever it's called for the extra characters, but I'm low on cash, so I don't even own the game.

Why?
twitter.com/dajibanart/status/871805004868399104

What do you think of the hues list?

You guys think the major issues with the steam version of XIV will be fixed by the 15th? I mean they do roll out patches for the beta really fast, but since everyone's PC is different doesn't that make it a bit more difficult since it isn't just one standardized system?

honestly I have no idea

I had problems with the beta and refunded. Will try again on the 15th but who knows, might have to refund again

>TGM's headmaster's final score on Fatal Fury WIld Ambition
Now Frank, I enjoy your content for what it is, and your website is fantastic, but god damn it, you rate such great things with disappointing scores.

Unless they discovered some secret Chang tech he's up way too high. Then again there was a video posted about chang cross ups in the last thread that some hues discovered, but I don't know if that makes that much of a difference. Also not sure if relatively speaking Dino should be that low or if some of the characters in the too strong category really belong there. I base this on what I've seen in tournaments and stuff. Taking one step back and looking at the bigger picture it'd say it's fine. Overall the whole cast itself is pretty balanced and there are very few cases in which characters are too strong or weak. But I'm not really what could be considered good at fighting games, I'm just basing it on what I've seen, so might as well disregard what I say.

If you do buy again do it before 10 am pacific on the 15th or like a day before for that 20% discount.

will do, thanks user

I have Tekken 7 to play in the meantime, so I'm cool. By the way T7 barely stresses my cpu at all, unlike KOFXIV, kinda ridiculous desu

How the fuck am I supposed to beat this? This deck is ridiculous.

Fatal Fury Special is the only fatal fury I have people play with. I'd like to try out real bouts more, but playing against those hues only makes you angry. FFS is surprisingly alive on Fightcade. There's plenty of Japs, a few Koreans and some other Europeans. Good stuff.

Mein Gott.

Real Bout series is great everything except for having special moves available on specific strength i.e. Kim can't qcb with A or B. That is really jarring and hard to get used to.

I don't like where this is going

Doesn't Benimaru show up topless sometimes though?

Guess she likes Beni more than Joe.

Looking at my fc profile I actually have ~3 hours of online played with real bouts. I remember playing Geese and Franco, and totally sucking ass.

Also, play Art of Fighting 2, I hate playing only with those Indonesians(?) who have shit connection.

You aren't even online

You can tell someone is a whale when they have a fucking platinum Beatriz.

Not at the moment. I'm going to sleep now user, it's 4AM here.

What's a whale?

It's a MMO/phone game term. Someone who pays absurd amount of cash on p2w games to win because they lack the skill.

Someone who spends a fuckton of money on microtransaction

You know someone is a whale when they have a platnium box crank unit. That's the real telltale sign, since you need to do a stupid amount of cranks to get enough parts to silver, let alone gold.

Don't know why that made me thing of that "day with Terry" flash animation from a few years ago.

Enta-chan so cute

Waifu

My waifu

Will Iori's gf ever appear again? Is being a homo part of the Yagami curse?
Kind of a dick move from SNK to keep Kyo's gf and give Iori nothing but homolust. At least he has two hot ghosts haunting him.
Reminds me of that one manga page where Iori fucks Mature with the sole purpose of gaining power and being noticed by Kyo-senpai.

Speculations have it that Iori once loved a woman who was apart of the Kusanagi clan, way before KOF 94, at some point, maybe during the Fatal Fury events, which explains why he has "homolust"

SNK had a drama CD featuring Iori on good terms with two women who were siblings, Iori wanted nothing to do with them however, because of his connection to Orochi controlling his actions, forcing him to reject them, despite considering joining their band. While at the same time, being too emotionally attached to Kyo and the girl who looks like him who passed away.

Forgot the link to that beautiful song
youtube.com/watch?v=7u3N2ijLQzg

I think with this, FALCOONs sins are completely forgiven. This is way to cute for my heart.
>That armpit
>That Beni cosplay
>that navel
>THAT shinkiro beni
10/10 would marry and protect forever.

Topless Joe cosplay is imminent!

Oh, I find this very interesting. I figured Iori was in a band because of some official art of him holding an instrument case and also heard rumors about his lost gf, but having that explained in a drama disc gives it more authenticity. I didn't even know that the woman he loved was a Kusanagi and that she looked like Kyo, that explains everything.

Gonna have to wait 'till next year because she didn't do anything for Joe's birthday. I think the account wasn't her's quite just yet at the time.

Hope you like to share and not expect her to be loyal. She's already proclaimed her love for Joe, then Beni, then Iori and she's pretty much eyeing Eiji. Was gonna waifu that since she was revealed at the end of 2016, but decided to back of.

Leona a best

>Iori would be swimming in waifus if it weren't for muh bloodline

Enta-chan is training with the Kyokugens in hopes of one day appearing in KoF. This time while training under Yuri she had to do the "yoyucchi" pose 1000 times.
twitter.com/snk_enter/status/871733733447000064

If Enta-chan pics keep coming out expect to have some of them as OPs if I keep making breads.

Enta-chan training with Team Mexico when

I also forgot to mention the stuff about Kyo and Iori's past. Not much is publicly known about how their lives were, and the original material itself hardly delves on this topic, but it is unknown as to way Iori has an antagonistic relationship with Kyo, despite loving a woman from the Kusanagi clan.

I would see as to why Iori and Kyo would have a mutual respect for one another, which is why Iori himself still hasn't decided to kill Kyo, despite stating that he will, the mutual respect coming from the fact that Kyo was a loner, and had mental problems causing him not to be noticed by most people (which ultimately led Kyo to having his sort of douchey inferiority complex), meanwhile Iori was a loner throughout most of his life, so it would be a relatable situation to them both.

Despite this, it's not like Iori is a nice guy and all, so he wouldn't go about having a friendly conversation with Kyo, the fact that they're family clans have been fighting each other for years upon years on end gave reason enough as to why Iori wanted to kill him, (although Iori himself has stated, that he didn't care about they're family feud, despite it being implied.)

The fact that Kyo and Iori's lives are alike and so intriguingly intertwined is what make the rivalry so dynamic and great in my opinion. Without a doubt one of the best, if not the best rivalry in a fighting game.

I wonder how expressive she'll be when KoF ends, whenever that may be.

since when did kyo have mental problems?

The Orochi Curse turns out to be the ultimate cockblock, with a side-effect for Kusanagi-targeted homolust.

Being Iori Yagami is Suffering.

Kusanagi getting Krizalid'd unrelated

Anyone here plays kof 98 um ol mobile game or do I have to make my own general?

Thats Mukai

I do. Grindin for that exp. I need more diamonds

Is it popular enough in this general to be discussed or would it be better off with it's own?

Just discuss it here. Its not popular enough for a general

Fio and Eri are good friends.

"Oh no a homosexual fictional character in my fighting game, I can't play him as long as he's not explicitly heterosexual, my friends could make fun of me"

Come on, the chapter with Mature was hilarious, but why would you make such a deal of a fighting game character's sexual orientation ?

I was pertaining to Mukai dropping a rock on Kusanagi like how Krizalid died, but yeah.

Rumi a cute.

Rumi a big stinky shit, Madoka's way cuter.

>two characters are antagonistic toward each other
>must mean they're homosexual

I play it

normallyI would agree with you, but Iori literally only thigns aabout how to kill Kyo every fucking second of his time.

He even ignores the 2 sexy shadow women that actually care about him and would probably ride his dick into oblivion

>tfw you see all those messages of people getting your favorite characters and you don't have them

>tfw Ralf and Yamazaki still elude me

Play dead SNK games on Fightcade.

I know that feel.

Remember that Yagami is I'm a gay backwards

Anybody that plays Kyo long enough knows he's autistic.

mfw you're right

Today I'm going to play Metal slug 1 and hopefully 1CC it for the 1st time. Pic related always fucks up my try

page ten bump

I tried to play real bout fatal furies again and got absolutely bodied.

Holy shit, that is fucking awesome.

I never heard about this theory of him loving a Kusanagi girl, but if it was true, wouldn't Kyo have discovered at this point? My guess for Iori's obsession for Kyo is that his childhood was shit and he probably thought he wouldn't live for too long or find happiness due to his curse, so why bother trying to create bonds or care for anyone? But Kyo is different becuase he always had a bond with him, Kyo can fight him like an equal and will not die so easily if he goes riot mode. Kyo don't pity or hate him, he also treats him like his equal and they will fight side by side and protect each other when needed. I think at first he really wanted to kill Kyo and then wait for his own death, but after everything they went through, even other characters noticed that Iori seems to purely enjoy fighting Kyo (and maybe having him around?) and gave up on killing him for real.

Or maybe he just thought Kyo was a cute girl when they were young. Notice the cute ribbon on Kyo's hair in pic related.

In the future I would like to see a subplot in which he have the chance to break his family curse, not like in Ash Saga where his power was stole, but for him wanting to get rid of Orochi influence for good. That way he would still keep his flames and his rivalry with Kyo, but slowly becoming more approachable.

snk.wikia.com/wiki/Iori_Yagami

you guys could just read the wiki

they don't source everything on the wiki, so although it's a good basis, it's not 100% trustworthy.

There is still a lot we don't know for sure, like if he hates Kyo because of his curse or if he have a more personal motive, but I think this sums up what we know about him well anyway:

>In various drama CDs, Iori is frequently tormented by an Orochi identity that resides within him, which mocks and belittles him as its "master". Iori can be sympathetic to other people, but his Orochi persona often threatens to take over and harm them. Iori tries to ignore it until it angers him, causing him to physically snap in a usually violent manner. In his KOF XII profile, he seems to have trouble knowing which identity is actually his and suffers from a slight identity crisis. It's due to this personal trait that he doesn't like to associate with others and he lives as a lone wolf. He still retains pride for his humanity and won't let himself die under any circumstances.

So, if he have the chance of getting rid of Orochi maybe he can be a more relaxed and less edgy guy

If I remember correctly, in the KOF:KYO manga, Iori hates Kyo because his mere presence dishonors the Yagami family. Something about 10 year old Kyo being stronger than Iori's dad caused Iori's dad drown his sorrows with alcohol. Iori really didn't like that

In KOF: Kyo manga Athena unintentionally ends up in his mind for a moment and sees a crying kid!Iori, but is deflected when she tries to get near him. Not sure if they say more about his childhood in the game.

Maybe it's from one of the chinese mangas? I don't know how much we can consider KOF: Kyo or the mangas canon tho.

I wanna buy Krizalid a beer

the game isnt even out yet though

Samefag as and >Wouldn't Kyo have discovered the point?
The main aspect of KOF being the sort of "shonen" setting and tone which overall marks the story, so I wouldn't assume that some characters would go as far as discover about what happened to others in the past while they're main priorities were winning the tournament.

I do agree with everything else you have stated though, I would like to see Iori get rid of his curse in a unique way too, although I fear if SNK attempted that, he wouldn't be the same Iori he has been since 1995. it would be a nice conclusion to his overall character arc which never seems to settle, sasuga thinking my fellow Kyo/Iori fag.

I don't think KOF Kyo Manga is canon, but it does scope in that bit of Iori's childhood pretty well.

>Iori having homolust for Kyo because he loved a woman from the Kusanagi clan many years before the events of KOF, this woman was the only person to show Iori kindness and compassion throughout his rather miserable life.

I don't know if this theory is true or not, but I find it believable, and if it was true then I would be quite happy considering it would make the already most relatable anti-hero in fighting game history be even more relatable, they say that a man is willing to do all sorts of crazy things for a woman.

SNK has so bad language.

youtube.com/watch?v=_up6I4gofzg&t=1m19s

KOF:KYO could be semi cannon. Shit like how the characters live and such can be considered canon

Reppuken