/twg/ Total War General

Shit covered peasants Edition

Developer Interviews on TWW2, focus on Lizardmen, High Elves and campaign features.
FFA confirmed as separate MP mode with its own maps:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version to avoid aneurysm:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

Introducing: Temple Guard:
youtube.com/watch?v=PI2d3r5fhA8

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWaLEfu5fRU
vermintide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Clanrat-Quote-1.mp3
vermintide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Stormvermin-Quote-2.mp3
vermintide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Packmaster-Quote-1.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=7UVGp5F77Ik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Christians and Chaos out

Rock the boat!

Fantasy out.

MANY
ENEMIES

Nth for hoping Warhammer II bombs so CA will never make another fantasygarbage game again

THEY THREATEN OUR BORDERS

AND ROOK FOR ANY WEAKNESS

top kek

Probably won't unless they fuck up the release hard.

The basic framework is done and got through the fire with TWW1.

Remember to take it easy /twg/ and start posting interesting and funny screenshots.

Darren is showing off a mod about Cyrus if anybody is interested

>wake up
>go up to the walls
>see this
>wat do

This is coming from the guy that probably posts the most campaigns in this thread and made most of the webms you see here

I hope TWW2 bombs, because what they're doing is unacceptable, not only the new expansion doesn't have naval battles, but it barely fucking adds anything.

I've defended TWW to death, but every new thing they release has something they've cut even if it's expensive as fuck, someone the other time made a comparison with GTAV, the difference in production value is staggering, but TWW ends up costing the same (and a lot more with DLC), why should we accept this mediocrity?

This is disregarding all the gameplay decisions etc. CA if you're reading this and I know you are, get your fucking shit together.

Reminder that is a fantasy general

Remember that this is meme general.

THIS IS TOTAL WAR general tm

ask myself
>since when can beastmen make siege towers?

>but it barely fucking adds anything.

The list somebody made seemed pretty extensive 2bh. It was more than what I expected and this is just some early info.

Make memes, not war.

>nearly 200 hours in shogun 2
>almost lost a damiyo in the first campaign battle i fought
Can i get any more retarded, anons?

Worry about the minos, not the towers.

Best unit ever, in any total war game

How do the people who find these games super easy still have fun with them?

I've noticed multiple times where people say it's hilariously trivial and it makes me sad thinking I'll eventually get bored of fighting greenskins.

I've read the list, it's fucking nothing, shitty pop ups and random mixed armies made with units from existing factions are shit modders do.

Where is fire? Where is siege escalation? They even confirmed minor settlement battles will STILL not be in, they haven't reworked the abysmal sieges, but added a new one that uses the same fucking mechanics, oh, but no siege equipment this time, as if anyone ever fucking bothered with it when they can just blow up a tower and pepper the braindead defenders.

I hate this, I hate the excuses, when asked how the geomantic web would work in co op with two lizardmen players they had no fucking clue, that's how much they give a shit about TW.

I cast Urban Cohort.

You get used to it I guess. I still always have a lot of fun though.

>when asked how the geomantic web would work in co op with two lizardmen players they had no fucking clue

They actually confirmed that head to head campaigns would be a ritual race between players. It would end with some showdown event. Sounds neat 2bh.

fucking up your friends in H2H campaigns is really the only way I can play. Taking contol over the AI armies ensures at least a competent opponent (most likely with shitty AI compositions, but you get to customize your own stacks to throw at whoever you are playing.)

Meant to reply to too

Geomantic web and the vortex ritual are separate things, geomantic web is basically amber rebranded, the more settlements you have the more shit you unlock.

Try mp

HOLD UP

Except it is also a physical web which can be damaged/ruined by your enemies sacking key settlements that form crucial links.

Its not really amber, as it rewards map painting a bit differently and has no bonus for making alliances.

We will see how it turns out in game. I heard there will be a lot of footage soon from youtubers. I am cautious about the price, but I can probably find it for half the price somewhere like how I did with TWW1(even rome 2 and Attila) at release

>Except it is also a physical web which can be damaged/ruined by your enemies sacking

So...like amber then?

Guys how come the third age mod gets away with using pictures, clips and music from the LotR movies?

Copyright only applies if you make money off it

Anyone else waiting for Empire 2?

Not really; I don't really like the aesthetic of that era, or the actual battles for that matter.

I'm personally hoping for Renaissance/Pike & Shot.

The setting and scope really deserves a fun and not broken game. I want it.

Except by the sounds of it, they could raid into your territory to cut off at one point if the web goes through a chokepoint and deprive you of a huge amount of it.

And that it doesn't change recruitment, but provides buffs to cities instead (Described as being like "edicts on steroids")

So... like amber in that it is a game mechanic tied to conquest? Sure. But then that is every single fucking mechanic in Total War.

Gold? Just like amber man, they sack my city they cut me off from some of it and I start taking penalties.

Whilst i must disagree about your first comment, your suggestion is nice.

>tfw no good rome total war gold torrent

> But then that is every single fucking mechanic in Total War.

....no? it's the same mechanics because both relies on maintaining control of settlements to unlock more tiers.

You can somewhat make up for it with darthmod, but that's really just scraping the surface of what needs to be done with the game

>CA will never touch the Old World again
>no special sieges like castles with moats, several tiers of ramparts, 4-sided castles instead of 1 or 2, chokepoint bridges etc.

It's a little frustrating

Five days.

Its really not, but I suspect you're meming at this point.

Amber allows WElfs to go wherever they want, as they can take any settlement to get the benefits.

Geomantic web relies on taking adjacent settlements to build up the strength of the web, so encourages methodical, slow map painting where Amber basically alows WElfs to raid wherever they want.

>You can somewhat make up for it with darthmod

I have tried.

>>CA will never touch the Old World again

They probably will with the combined campaign. e.g they have to do something about Skavenblight.

While your post is sad, the pic is absolutely wew.

Oh please, no one expands randomly.

gaiz, what do you think about youtube.com/watch?v=BWaLEfu5fRU
seems interesting

Lots of WElf players do just that, going off to conquer Norsca or the Badlands though.

You're a fucking idiot. History fags on sucide watch.

Roll my gits

no, damn it!

You only do that when the game is already over.

BRETONNIA OR MEME MEN

Games going to sell like hot takes. No way it won't. And all the history fags will cry and scream like the autistics they are.

This desu, can't wait for warhammer 3 to get announced before even a teaser for the next boring history shit.

i just wanna paint the minis i have

You're objectively wrong, but whatever mate. You do you.

Looks well made enough. Might be a bit bloated though as is most of these mods.

>And all the history fags will cry and scream like the autistics they are.

No reason 2bh. History total war will come as confirmed. I have hopes that it will be good. I do hope they give the game some focus though. China might do well.

feels good to like both fantasy landsknechts and lorica hamata 2bh

Yes I'm sure everyone sends their precious stacks to fucking norsca with the chaos doomstacks coming for you.

Speak for yourself.
I started genociding those fuckers as soon as I was done securing the forest.
Tons of loot and everyone loves me :)

They will have to include some features in combined map. Modders shouldn't have a problem moving those options to normal Old World campaign map
r-right?

By the Lady!

Should work, once they release the patch that allows you to combine the two maps.

Might not work for people who only own part 1.

>playing sassanyds
>loyalty low as fuck for almost all family members
>they all had ilegitimate kids at once
fuck fuck what happens if my king gets overthrown or something? i think im taking way too long for the main objective

>The
>Not ze

Someone give me a game, faction, and goal/challenge and I'll post campaign screenshots

Attila
tanookis legendary
Eliminate Sassanid empire before settling

Dwarfs
Grombindal (no other LL allowed)
No blackpowder
No fighting other Dawi

Warhammer, Vampire counts, no grave guard, monster armies focus. You must wipe out mousillon as soon as possible, those french fucks are making you look bad.

not warhammer
that's all

Play as one of the northern domains in FOTS and migrate to Hokkaido and start a republic.

Or this. Go full Ghoul

Rome 1
Dacian - hardest (bots are idiotic anyway)
Migratory campaign to Hispania or Britannia, and start from there

I like this one. Haven't played FOTS in ages

I need ideas for challenge runs in Attila. Post suggestions.

Pic unrelated.

It's going to be pretty hard. The faction ruling Hokkaido is really big compared to the other factions at the start.

select this option to get the best UI in the series

start as picts
start migration
migrate to Egypt
establish pict dynasty of Pharaohs
become a scotsmen in Egypt

wtf just the first reply not what you like

I fucking hate nu-/twg/

>Wooden barbar city of Alexandria

Ugh. CA really should have done something about that.

That Tanuki campaign is too standard in my opinion. BORING

It's like 5 dollars on G2a

Maybe you need to take some time off la

Supporting credit card fraud is for Russian niggers.

This is still the greatest total war webm ever made

But those aren't royal peltasts

>Japanese napoleon
how dissapointing
they should add that option in other total war games tbqh

>Perpetuating the shitty state of the game industry

These are soundfiles from vermintide, it might be what we can expect skaven to sound like.

vermintide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Clanrat-Quote-1.mp3
vermintide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Stormvermin-Quote-2.mp3
vermintide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Packmaster-Quote-1.mp3

hope the voiceacting will be better than this

Am I the only one who doesn't particularly like or want to play as Skaven?

Aye the Reddit tier memes made me hate them

I hope they sound like this youtube.com/watch?v=7UVGp5F77Ik

I look forward to killing them in droves. I'll eventually have to play as them for achievements cause I'm an idiot, but before and after that point I'll be enjoying slaughtering filthy rats.

I'm indifferent
The only one I dislike are the Delves but thats mostly because I don't know anything about them and I'm too lazy to learn

Please please please no more DORFS

Never been a fan of them, despite my dad owning a skaven TT army which I helped paint. Empire is my thing.

abarehpfksdhafgasgharhšćžčeagćsg

How are Ghoul Kings?
I never really used one