What is the comfiest and/or best colors for gauge clusters?

What is the comfiest and/or best colors for gauge clusters?

Other urls found in this thread:

sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/d/1990-buick-reatta-select-sixty/6255117015.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

orange or green
everything else hurts the eyes
maybe google before posting a thread
here's your (you) by the way you fucking dipshit

Just trying to have a comfy dashboard thread calm down user

definitely orange, no doubt

hunt for red october red

Red or orange for sure. My biggest problem is when you can't turn it sufficiently down at night.

red, no contest

Red and green.

Oh wow that is nice

This, especially when it's fucking blue.

RX-7 FC orange

comfy/10

looks like this bitchboy is having a bad day.

such a salty little twat you are, so sad.

that is white

thanks captain obvious

Fucking love the golf mk4 cluster

Amber is my personal favorite, although most warm colors will look good. Likewise, any cool color that is not radium green should be avoided.

>cool color that is not radium green
How's this? Florescent markings with UV LEDs

I love blue even though I know it is detrimental to the eyes. I did a full conversion to blue to match my stereo.

I wish the stereo had the option to change the backlight color, I would be all over orange lighting if so. Oh well

Blue

this

Orange without question, but a blue-green
90s-style digital clock alays adds a little bit extra to a car.

On this subject, I'm looking to update the gauge cluster on my R33 to have stronger colours in amber to match the new stereo I have (out of a 2012 Nissan Navara) how would I go about this exactly? Do I just find an auto-elec?

The orange from older BMW's Infinitis/Nissans were the best comfy interior lights. I do like the purple theme with current Infinitis only because purple is one of my favorite colors.

this thread begs the question, is there any way to easily change gauge cluster colors in a modern vehicle?

blue is too bright

Classic BMW orange or FB/FC RX7 is best

BMW clusters are pig disgusting.

Get some class your rancid swine

no you have shit vision

Gauge clusters are for oldfags, HUDs are perfect.

What vehicle is this in?

I prefer dim white.

Yes

>here comes the sun

Fuuuuuck if only I had the money
sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/d/1990-buick-reatta-select-sixty/6255117015.html

Blue a best

looks like it came from fallout 3

so easy on the eyes

Pull the cluster out and change the bulbs

red>orange>green>blue in terms of confort.

orange is better than red in terms of making things easier to read though.

e34?
any more?

For me it's this orange, but there is no colour I dislike. White, red and blue are all okay aswell.

Blue and red.

That's an E24. The hexagonal instrument cluster is a dead giveaway.

t. E34 owner.

Purple is quite a comfy colour.
I would have posted a nice picture to show you, but I keep getting a 'connection error'.

red

Came to post this.

Ford green.

I don't know how exactly to describe it, you know the color I'm talking about, it's the same green they used for their gauge cluster lights for like thirty five years.

Cool white.

Maybe Aristo EL green/yellow?

Not sure but I know which is the worst, it's the blue/red from VW, horrible.

I've always preferred red, but a dark green is fine.

Pic related from when I had an STi tuned to 19 psi that'd get 30mpg at 60-65mph.

oh i see
any more of the e24 or your e34?

I have a distaste for blue lights on anything, everything else is vastly superior.

The work car has red lighting and I like it BUT the individual symbols like low beam/high beam etc. use LEDs and not bulbs, which wouldn't be a problem except they have a 50Hz flicker.
Seriously, how the fuck did they manage to do that, it's not like the car uses 220V 50Hz AC, why would they make the LEDs flicker on a car?

And yet stock and teal look best.

Red/Orange for sure.

are you on meth? who the fuck would notice the flicker of a led lit high beam symbol

When the car is stationary you don't notice it, but when you're driving and everything vibrates you see the flicker.

maybe because the cars vibrating it appears to flicker

Have ford with led dash backlight and I can also notice pwm flicker now and then.

Like you move your head fast to the side and you'll notice how everything on dash flickers.

Agreed

You are all fucking plebs. The ultimate dash colour is pure unfiltered "vanilla" halogen.

Green + Saab's night mode. Top comfy.

This is bad for the same reason looking at a screen with black text and light background is bad.
It's like having a lightbulb shine directly into your eyeholes.

I'd buy a saab just for the dashboard senpai

Let's clear something once for all.

Double units (mph + km/h) clusters are fucking garbage and ruins the aesthetic.

wrong you are not

What was the orangy color name on those displays?

American people should know the kilometer format pretty well because of the double units.

>hurr did you mod that into your car
Have an Audi from the same era and one guy was amazed when i said it's the stock lighting.

Never think much about color but I do prefer the rpm gauge to be front and center

My car in particular has a shift light in the rpm gauge which I'm absolutely loving

Mine also has a shift light but it comes on at 2500 rpm since it's a disgusting romanian shitcan

red, simply because it doesn't fuck your night vision.

Dashboard gauges need to be replaced with Nixie Tubes.

I had a 2004 P71 and its lighting was different from my dad's '97 Expedition.
The P71 had yellow-green lighting while the Expedition was blue-green.

>red>orange>green>blue in terms of comfort
Where's white? Green and moon white are my favorite.
Red doesn't seem like a pleasant color when looking at pictures although it seems that a lot of people are praising it. I have no experience with it so I have no opinion.
Everyone who doesn't think that green is a pleasant color should have a night drive in a Saab. You'd be surprised. Theoretically green isn't the best color for sensitive eyes but Saab has a good approach on it. Especially when looking at the very minimalistic NG900. Just look at it Blue seems like the least pleasant dash color. A friend of mine has a VW with blue dash and it bothers my eyes even when I'm sitting at backseat. Modern Hondas seems like the worst. I might be wrong but I think that people who are saying that the blue is the best just like their cars and they accept everything that comes with it. You should be able to adapt for everything in your car if you truly like it.

Amber?

>I do prefer the rpm gauge to be front and center
Yes.

90s green

>green illuminated by moon white

> D

>4/4

Orange, obviously.

Have you got any more florescent/UV dashes? I dig it.

>Diesel fiat

For once he's not wrong though, orange is pretty top-tier.

Stupid faggot

truuuuu

Holy fuck yes

white=green.

Orange>Green>Teal>White>Red>Any other color>>>>>Blue
>like

why does the gas tank say "2/4" at the half mark?

half a quarter gallon ?

2/4 = 1/2
What's wrong?

Red or orange, otherwise most of them wouldn't be red or orange.

I really like the backlit instruments of the old Lexus GS though, even though they're green.

Car designers never learned to simplify fractions.

Some people consider it simpler to read 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 instead of 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 1/1.

The yellow-green is the one I mean. The blue-green color is more common in Lincolns but I guess it was in a number of plain Fords, too. Sometimes even both at once.

bmw orange and dark green