/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

"Yes, they're actually doing this, the fucking idiots" edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Health - Patch 2.21 will be live on June 7.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Total Defeat:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DaYg83vI5ZwwyMxj85bhl5FAUuCA7wETFTxfC921BGw/pubhtml#
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1683256-Reasoning-behind-the-Kanal-spawn-kill-change-in-2-2-1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quazal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I imagine him going "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT" as he killed/shot me.

>Try to fix spawnpeek
>Implement change that completely fucks up Kanal Defense without a second thought
>Spawnpeek is not even fixed because you can still do it from East Server windows

UBISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT

IGNORE FAKE THREAD

COME TO REAL THREAD

Fuck off this was made first and is actually game-related.

To be fair, Kanal is an awful map. Spawnpeeking shouldn't be required for defense.

Most of the maps need serious reworks.

this was also made 10 post early by some "OMG I NEED TO MAKE THE NEW THREAD" faggot who couldn't wait till the fucking bump limit

>you know that character whose identity is defined by their sniper rifle
>what about him
>he's a little too effective at being an entry fragger
>maybe we should increase the magnification of his scope so he can't hold more than one angle effectively in close quarters, but also serve a useful niche that fulfills the role he was originally meant to have
>nah let's just make its damage output the same as other DMRs and move smokes around

wah

I'll take an early general that actually has a game-related topic with an updated OP versus a guy sperging out about a fucking booru

>makes a thread 10 fucking posts early
>a real thread that is related to the general is made at the proper time
>"f-fuck off"
do the world a favor and kill yourself you retard

Can you two idiots stop?

Booru-witch-hunt user you can stop posting now

>things related to the general (and the state of the general) don't matter
really activates my almonds

FUCKING UBISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT

i know you are just shitposting but oblige me, why is the booru something you consider so sacred and important that you're willing to shitpost about it months on end?

>The decision to cover the Kanal window to prevent spawn killing is much more complicated than it appears to be. We looked at multiple different avenues of approach, and realized that the only way to completely prevent spawn killing was to close off the view from the window.
>A few of the issues we ran into when exploring object placement options were related to navigation and funneling. If we placed an object on the ground, we saw that players would be funneled into choke points at spawn. Furthermore, objects being placed around the spawn point were not sufficient enough to block line of sight from the window without creating other potential exploits. We were unable to find a solution we were satisfied with, except for blocking out the window that provided line of sight to the spawn.
>After the announcement of the change, one of the first suggestions that we saw was moving the spawn point to behind the nearby building. While this would remove the immediate danger of the spawn kill from this window in question, it would also require work being done on art, navmesh, lighting, etc. During Operation Health, our resources are being used to touch on, and correct, as many issues as possible. This may be something we look at doing down the road after the sprint of Operation Health is over.
>We also recognize that this is going to have an impact on a number of strategies that involve this window covering Attackers that are rappelling. We are always open to input from the community, but would prefer giving it a bit of time to see how it plays out in game. Again, we will monitor the impact, and may revisit this at a later date should we see an issue arise.

>several months later and the dogposter is STILL this butt-blasted
Your life must be eventless af user, I'm kinda jealous

>attacker-sided
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DaYg83vI5ZwwyMxj85bhl5FAUuCA7wETFTxfC921BGw/pubhtml#
Here's my proof. Where's yours?

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1683256-Reasoning-behind-the-Kanal-spawn-kill-change-in-2-2-1

>inductive reasoning
You have to be 18 or older to post here.

>>After the announcement of the change, one of the first suggestions that we saw was moving the spawn point to behind the nearby building. While this would remove the immediate danger of the spawn kill from this window in question, it would also require work being done on art, navmesh, lighting, etc.

??????????????????????????????

Why the fuck would moving a spawnpoint require anything extra? it's a fucking spawnpoint.

>IMO: that window was easy to counter spawn killing. should have left it the way it was and told players to pay attention instead of running in gung ho!
This fucking idiot

If you spawn construction you have a solid 10 IQ

While this would remove the immediate danger of the spawn kill from this window in question, it would also require work being done on art, navmesh, lighting, etc.

>IQ
>a solid 10
I agree.

Reminder that the game we know and love was doomed from the beginning because of Ubisoft being cheap as fuck with their infrastructure and so the game will never be truly fixed because it was built on the shittiest foundations imaginable

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quazal

(1 of 2)

The Consulate one was definitely fixed

(2 of 2)

i literally don't give a fuck anymore. just give the guy who keeps bitching about the booru what he wants so he'll stop shitting up the threads over this.

there is still no black Eotech...

Hello booru user, you are irrelevant, might as well stop now

A fucking recolor of the holosight into black is too much effort, apparently

>anybody who also dislikes the fact that the booru is run by an incompetent hypocrite must be the dogposter
really making me think here

>it's always the same response
If these issues make you think this much every time then get yourself checked, you are either lacking in grey-mass or social skills.

What weapons don't have hitmarkers beside the deagle?

you're equally pathetic either way

Samefag, seriously stop
Nooone cares

>calling me the booru user
i've never been more offended in my life.
i just want the shitposting to fucking stop already so we can talk about shit that's actually relevant to siege.

Hitmarkers are only visible upon getting a confirmed kill user
Desert Eagles are not exempt from this

well at least kapkan is fixed now

Fuck off dogposter

>FNG

SO
TALK
ABOUT
SIEGE
AND
STOP
FALSE
FLAGGING
BOORU-WITCH-HUNT FAG

HOW MANY MONTHS HAS IT BEEN

IMAGINE THE THINGS YOU COULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IF YOU HADN'T WASTED ALL THIS TIME HERE

GET HELP

fucking good

Except it's not even fixed. that exact same thing is still doable from server windows.

Seek help.

but you can avoid those windows, so it's not a spawnkill

Spaghetti code, probably.

Changing the spawn point, or maybe recompiling the map afterwards, probably sets off some sort of demented code dominos that breaks everything.

You literally can't. You simply get on top of a deployable shield up by the east server windows and then you have 100% line of sight into spawn, just like in that webm.

>>it would also require work being done on art, navmesh, lighting, etc.
>Why the fuck would moving a spawnpoint require anything extra?

An important part of video game level design is constructing the environment in a way that directs players where to go, without signs or HUD guidance. Even on maps where you don't spawn looking directly at the objective building, players should be able to figure out where to go based on the placement and angles of props, lighting, and so on. Players might got confused on where to go, or what approach paths they could take, if they were just plopped behind the large building at construction. In other words, Ubi saying that they don't want to just move the spawn behind that building and want to "do it right," but that'd take too much time for them to do and test before this week's patch.

>navmesh
Navigation mesh is telling the game engine which parts of the environment can be interacted with. Basically, Ubisoft is afraid that moving the spawn behind the building might cause people to fall through the map, clip through walls, or other related issues. Yes, I know people can walk there currently, but unexpected bugs in Siege is hardly new.

>wanting reticles that don't hit where you aim

Might as well just equip the L85.

I can't imagine what sort of unholy beast is Siege's code, between spaghetti and Quazal being a dev there must be awful

They could always just implement the change quick and dirty now since it's a priority, and put it on the goddamn TTS to see if people fall through the world. Besides, this would hardly be the most confusing spawn in Siege for a new player, and it would take a level 1 a very very short time to figure out where to go, so I really don't think the lighting/prop angle cues worry is very relevant at all.

If they really wanted to address that second point for design reasons, they could address it when they have more time.

But as it stands right now this is pretty inexcusable. This the sort of thing the TTS is built for. Just put it in there and iron the kinks out.

Didn't they fix all reticles? I haven't noticed any weird behavior there, all my shots are landing on the reticle

57 for bullying bullies

>PS console players are literally confirmed fags
like pottery

pretty funny how this is a parody account

boogie's retarded and can't tell the difference

You idiots reply like you are talking to him, but you never are.

whatever you say boogie

Multi doesnt even post in the thread but you keep giving him (you)s

>he doesn't play bomb exclusively

What's your excuse for being a shitter?

Probably incase you don't have a full team. Most randoms you cannot trust.

Why would I want to play the worst mode in the game?

Tbqh I do find that I enjoy hostage a lot more. Maybe just cause it comes up so rarely.

hostage forces everyone to play smarter. fuze can't be a retard, frags have to be thrown carefully, smoke can't go full auschwitz, etc

Post your best siege related memes ITT

Operation health

Is the boost already active right now?

>get matched with players with "smurf" in their names
>they get upset when they lose
>complain about team mates

why am i getting griefed so often i bought the game yesterday

You'll find that player skill and intelligence go hand in hand

Yes, it's currently active. 50% bonus Renown based off of the normal renown gain, so it doesn't include boosters or challenges in this.

It won't get any better, either learn to live with it now or try to get a refund.

>Play solo
>Been at top of Gold tier for past two seasons
>Start mid silver this season, almost at bronze

fugg

I have no interest in QP since its rampantly full of griefers and leavers

I got placed in gold 1 after playing my placement matches and comp is a little more manageable

Plat is where you want to be.

okay, id honestly take straight up sweaty tryhards over smurfs who pretend not to be sweaty tryhards so ill try my best

like i said im completely new

Don't worry, i either get gold 4 or silver 1 and get back to gold

The Siege twitter says the bonus renown stacks with boosters

Plat is no salvation.
Below plat you play with total retards, above plat you get shit on by premades and pros who make the usual sweaties feel like a blessing by comparison.

>being mad at people trying to win.

Oh, I get that.
Doesn't make dying to it any more fun though.

Hey r6g, the pastebin says disable vsync but if i do i get noticable tearing and lag as my frames go from 45-70 depending on location. Surely its fine if i turn it on right?

At that point, why bother playing on PC at all?

In-game vsync is terrible and will always hurt your performance, afaik.

If you want to get good vsync and get rid of the tearing, turn on vsync separately on your NVIDIA Control panel/inspector/the AMD equivalent if you have AMD

+triple buffering as well, same place

how do i play IQ?

from a complete noobs me point of view her wrist computer doesnt seem that useful since most gadgets are behind thick or reinforced walls

help me r6g

Use it to find valk cams that are thrown outside or hidden in rooms, Echo drones around the map, and to hunt pulse if needed. That's all really. Gadgets inside OBJ would be handled by thatcher or twitch

Rush, use nades and abuse 3 speed

New here. What should I better to not get shot in the back by roamers on offense? Also what should I be doing in relation to my team as Sledge? Should I just be following around the other people who seem like they know what they're doing and back them up?

IT"S JUST CASUAL BRAH!

ex dee XD XD !!11!!!

go to rank if you wanna TRYHARD LOLXDXD

I personally enjoy the other team telling me im a tryhard because i spanked them in a casual match.

You can't win. Auto mute everyone you don't know. Ignore chat. Be you. DO what you do.

its just casual brah

I'm playing this in favour of Overwatch since solo-ing is completely out of the question in that game, anything less than a full stack is in fact

can i carry matches alone if i git gud enough? essentially the maps are the only thing completely eluding me at this point

>essentially [only the most important and difficult thing] is completely eluding me

You can't carry matches against good players. Your best bet is to have at least a good three man and hope your randoms are competent. Two man can work too but you want at least theee guaranteed communicators

like i said i bought the game yesterday so yeah

thats why im not hot right now but hopefully i will be