/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 5th of June:
AD 70 – Titus and his Roman legions breach the middle wall of Jerusalem in the Siege of Jerusalem.
1832 – The June Rebellion breaks out in Paris in an attempt to overthrow the monarchy of Louis Philippe.
1862 – As the Treaty of Saigon is signed, ceding parts of southern Vietnam to France, the guerrilla leader Trương Định decides to defy Emperor Tự Đức of Vietnam and fight on against the Europeans.
1916 – The Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire breaks out.

>News
CK2 DD 53 - Time to Pay Tribute
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-53-time-to-pay-tribute.1025784/

EU4 DD 30/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-30th-of-may-2017.1025986/
>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/104713893/#104783394
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/103707590/#103718357
github.com/Horthy/HPMP/issues
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

BASED

Shut the hell up you mentally ill faggot.

w&b welcome back

w&b

R&I is the only thing with any worth to come out of these threads.

Where are the pics of europe faggot

based

>shitposter thread where he he defaces the OP with some fucked up warning
>proper
No thanks, steamcordplaza

Why?

Long boy

So does france minimod work with the newest hpm?

>goy 4 in OP

Yeah, the new version does

HoI4 is part of this general. Deal with it.

Almost done taking every Eastern Russian Port. Now do I drop Airborns units on Russian Victory ports? Or do I really have to fucking march my army across Siberia to Moscow?

Airdrop VPs and nuke the rest.

>weather map mode

Comfiest map mode imo
OK. This will at least take another year and a half or two

What's the best strategy to succeed as Byzantium in EU4? I want to retake the empire's borders as far as they are in the old gods start in CK2, re-Christianize and re-Greek it all, then colonise the Caribbean, the southern USA and Australia/NZ

>Now do I drop Airborns units on Russian Victory ports? Or do I really have to fucking march my army across Siberia to Moscow?
The AI generally keeps some units in cities and victory points, so unless you have a lot of paratroopers it will be the long march for you. That said, I think that it is not really fair to try and cheese it up largely because the AI is just to inept to even fight against the player in normal circumstances unless it is buffed out of it ass.

>comfy

The only weather effects you have to worry about in combat is mud and ice. Apart from that, its useless tbqh

Fighting across the entirety of the USSR to Moscow is fun in my opinion, because you use a lot of the map that is normally just ignored.
On the other hand, it's a long slog and you might get bored and quit before you're done. Maybe just start nuking them and don't stop until their unity is so low you win with what you've got.

Honestly I ignore the map even when fighting against the USSR

anyone have the link to meiou

In the forums

rehosting

HPM CCHM

benis come back

who

It's a shame that the weather effects are so meaningless in the game. Like you mentioned, temperature below 0 or mud are the only things that a person will likely ever notice as their unit speeds drop to ~10-20% of normal.
The other weather types have effects, like sea battles in thunderstorms tend to result in very little org loss as the ship firing range is so low that one side can retreat before they even come into range, but the effect for the player is pretty much meaningless as you can just move your stack into the next sea tile over and win a decisive battle like you planned. Air units are ineffectual in fog but ground units will probably be suffering from mud in fog so it's not like you can do a Battle of the Bulge and strike fast when the enemy's airpower is diminished. The weather just never matters. Very sad.

>I want to make a vicky2 mod with more American cultures. How can I introduce new cultures when they don't even exist when the game starts? For example, a Cascadian culture in Washington. If I add them to the US as accepted cultures, will pops convert to them even when none exist?

What cultures should I add? I've already thought of
>Californian
>Cascadian
>Utahn
>Coloradoan
I think that covers every independent state that HPM improperly has as Yankee.

So I could just make a simple decision that converts everyone in a state to its proper culture? Will the AI enact it without player intervention?

>Will the AI enact it without player intervention?
You tell the AI to enact it, did you relaly think that in 2010 paradox had somehow come up with an actual artificial intelligence and then rather than revolutionizing science, exploration, and the human experience, decided to make it play an outdated game about european privilege and race relations?

perkele

The best I hoped for was that the AI was set to always enact decisions as soon as they were available.

I am tired of Vicky 2 but CK2 and EU4 don't spark my autism enough.

It's 1945 and HoI3 is crashing. Would playing in fullscreen help or hurt?

See I told you guys my net was fucking up, things were cutting out.

you can edit pops to be target culture in 1836 instead of force-converting them at d1

>resorting to posting old as fuck image to try to fool people into thinking your shitposting thread is active

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/104713893/#104783394
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/103707590/#103718357

This is just sad

How to I into grand strat?

I own Civ and all that, I want to get familiar with a deeper type but not get so bogged down initially where I end up not liking it

EU1 is the game for you

Brief (final) update:

Some unexpected extra work came up. Nothing serious or long-term, but it took up my time yesterday, today, and will take up my tomorrow afternoon as well. After that I'll be almost completely free until Sunday and next Monday, when I'll have to do a little bit more work.

This just shakes out to the AAR taking a little bit longer than expected to start. I'll be beginning Wednesday instead of tomorrow, and I'll probably either have very short days or be taking a day-long break on Sunday and Monday, but aside from that everything will proceed as planned. After next Monday I'll be firmly on vacation with nothing else to get in the way.

Firstly, read the op image.
Second, coming from civ a good start would be EU4. Managing a budget with limited factors, war all the time, buildings, tech research, etc
If you're a more roleplaying guy and liked using custom nation mods for civ then try out ck2.
If you want pure war focused on a limited time frame, hoi4 is a good place to start. From there you can try DH or hoi3 if youre brave enough
After a year or so with grand strat you can try Vicky2 which is the best of them all

>r&I makes the thread fourty posts early and gets steamcordplaza to bump it
>somehow im the nigger
hmm

I don't want the pops to exist on day 1 though. I only want them to show up after the USA owns the state they reside in.

You can create a fake country(with the culture you want as it's primary culture), cede the desired state/provinces, assimilate some of the population, and then, in the same event/decision, give the state/provinces back to the US
That's the only way I know of creating new cultures mid-game

r8 my world

Does Mosley rule Britain, or is it childish nonsense to say a British government rules Britain?

0/10 too much blobing that don't make sense

Mosley rules britain
anything gray is a puppet/pet state of Germany
except for Britain, Denmark, and German East Indies

gracias

>tfw no BIG_BENIS bf

Fuck off faggot

forgot to meantion that they're still puppets of Germany, just different colors.

and here is the pacific

Just do one for every state, and have the US accept them all. Make them all releasable nations too, so if USA gets dismantled, every fucking state becomes independent and with their own culture

What if I changed the USA's primary culture to the one I want to add (Californian for example), converted all pops in California using the assimilate command and then changed the USA's primary back to yankee?

it's still shit bc hoi4 is shit, go play hoi3 or fuck off

It's alright man. Take your time, we'll be here

that's probably a better idea

i going make EU4 mod to destroy meiou, how to edit maps? and say some fun countries tags you guys wants too add

any reason not to accept cultures in meiou?

Why are truces even a thing in CK2? Doesn't really make sense in the time period.

ΕΜΕΙΣ

redpill me on greek yoghurt

Actually makes your blood less Aryan. I wouldn't recommend it.

I thought zoroastrians were supposed to be immune to detrimental inbred effects. My empire is currently ruled by an aristocracy of slow, insane, inbred retards.

>Doesn't really make sense in the time period.
how?

>My [Zoroastrian] empire is currently ruled by an aristocracy of slow, insane, inbred retards.
Sounds about right.

Holy warring for example. What would be classified as holy wars in real life didn't always have truces.

greek yogurt is white and based

Chobani is made by a Turk who loves immigrants.

bump

What's Colorado called in HPM?

Is this the setup for a bad pun?

How important is fleet speed in HOI3? The wiki implies that average speed of all units in a fleet plays a vital role in whether the fleet chases down and annihilates the enemy or gets kited and rekt, but then again the wiki was written at a third-grade level for the original version of the game rather than TFH.

No.
AFPG made a flag for it so I'm assuming it exists in HPM in some form.

That's not really how the AFPG/HPM relationship works.

It's in a section called Second American Civil War Flag Pack which is an event in HPM.

Is there a good mod for HOI3 or should I just continue playing vanilla ?

There is no mod in HOI3. That game is simply unmoddable,

Play Darkest Hour instead

flavormod

What is the meme bear event for Jan Mayen called in the files?

Played it to death already.
Aight, i'll try it if I like the readme, downloading now.

Any beef that you have with HPM or thing you would like to see please feel free to post it as an issue, you just need a github account github.com/Horthy/HPMP/issues

great idea thnks

What is HPMP?

Discord attempt to kick HPM out

it just works

I don't care about drama memes. All I care about is good mods.

Well its not a good mod so there you go

>saying "r&i"
>calling ANYONE steamcordplaza

Top fucking kek.

Why not?

Anyone know what event in HPM triggers the Congo confrence?

I can't find it anywhere

>steamcordplaza doesnt exist
t. steamcordplaza

bombermod