/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Stop fucking with the OP edition

Last thread: >Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Community Hub games2gether.com/
- Soundtrack - Soundtrack soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
- Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Planets Stats pastebin.com/3huefXGy
- Ships Stats pastebin.com/aabCNGau

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ygKd5oxoSU
stellaris.smods.ru/archives/5308
youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HAK HAK HAK

benis

>ywn live in an Atoll planet

>play Endless Space 2 for 12 hours straight yesterday
>finished up a game then started my first game using a custom faction, United Empire ability + Unfallen visuals/quests
>game bugs out and doesn't let me colonize lava planets despite having the right tech
>autism won't allow me to play until it gets fixed
>it probably won't get fixed for another month

Here's another fun bug for you:

The bonus you get for having ecstatic population in your entire empire, +25% dust/research is broken and doesn't work.

It was way worse before. There was 4 off/on ramps from the highway to the 6-way avenue below. No roundabout or anything. Pure chaos and congestion, probably why everybody's dead.

hey that's my image you fucking jew

Can someone tell me how to make Suri's Fuji show up in ynaemp in civ 6? I'm incompetent.

Thanks m8, do you want reparations?

I'm kinda tired of 1 biome planets.

I enjoyed Stars in Shadow's take on it, planets have multiple biomes while races have multiple biome they excell at and while you can terraform a planet to Terran to increase it's pop cap for Humans, it still can get even more population if you add aquatic aliens to go into in the ocean biomes and frozen world biome aliens to go into arctic biomes on the planet.

Only planets with one biome would be planets like mars or venus.

Shame the game was kinda bland otherwise.

Please do not bully the riftborn.

I want to sneeze on one

So is Atoll the best planet? So far every game I've played, as soon as I get the Food -> Industry tech I change every planet to Terran with a food specialization.

Atoll seems better than Terran. Forest looks better than Terran too, honestly.

This is the correct grouping for Riftborn, right?.

what are you talking about dude

also I think fertile planets are still better for riftborn because they have higher pop slots, which means more IDS

think its the same as op but in reverse? the top ones are gas giants so can't really be classed as primary or quaternary

Riftborn are SHIT!

Forest should be best for humans, not like we're using the oceans.

I'm taking about the fact that food is useless to Riftborn, and that they get a moral bonus with Sterile and a malus with Fertile.

T1/T2 planets are near useless to them except late midgame and onwards; while the Red sector makes up their bread and butter.

Gas colonization is only an era 3 tech; it's early enough to where it can be reasonably influential early mid game.

>also I think fertile planets are still better for riftborn because they have higher pop slots, which means more IDS

While that is important early game, it's not so much mid game. A 5 slot lava planet with 5 riftborn produces 105 industry BASE.
A 10 slot Forest planet with 10 riftborn produces 90, and keep in mind that building 10 riftborn is a fuckload of production until late midgame.

Any word on the identity of the two upcoming leaders for Civ 6?

I like playing as a non-materialist/non-spiritualist empire and drifting into one ethos as the game happens, depending on which one my empire adopts. Usually materialist because building a robot causes materialist factions to spawn.

>moral bonus with Sterile and a malus with Fertile.
Irrelevant, approval is never an issue past early game

>I'm taking about the fact that food is useless to Riftborn
This is true, except the fertile planets have more pop slots, which essentially means an extra 5 IDS per pop slot that you can only get on a fertile planet

do you comprende

that's assuming you only want industry, though

and the super biofuel factory exists, even though it is really late game

maybe in a perfect world everything you have would be barren/toxic/lava

there are also anomalies that give bonuses per pop

but then again there are buildings that give bonus pop slots on fertile/sterile

god this shit is confusing

Just make a custom riftborn with crowded planets 2 and industry the fuck out of hot gas giants and lava planets.

>This is true, except the fertile planets have more pop slots, which essentially means an extra 5 IDS per pop slot that you can only get on a fertile planet
>do you comprende
+5 IDS is fucking nothing, though. It's absolutely marginal as described in ; a lava planet with half the pop still outproduces the forest, and this can be said for science or for dust.

I think I want to try researching all the robot techs, and then see if I can flip to spiritualist

I tried this. Was next to impossible to get spiritualists >1% due to being robots, having AI rights and other such stuff. I only had a spiritualist faction because I conquered a spiritualist empire. Even with as much governing ethics reduction, promoting spirits and suppressing materialists, it would have took an ungodly amount of time.

>people don't just take whatever systems they can get

Ah okay.

Probably would have to get lucky and get the event then.
I was playing as materialists and found an anomaly that proved that my people were special in the universe or some stuff.
Had 4 options, adopted the spiritualist ethic if I let the people know.

Had not researched Robots though.

Has the Civilization series ever been referenced in a television show or movie?

I wouldn't bully them if they didn't close their borders to me every single game.

>offer 50k dust for them to open their borders
>they refuse
>declare war on them the next turn

no, but if it was it would be better than civilization 5 with the brave new world expansion pack

It's a lot easier to become a materialist than a spiritualist. Just build 6 robots and you'll have 25%+ materialist faction. There's no internal way of creating a spiritualist faction, only external factors of assimilating a religious xenos or making lots of defensive pacts with religious empires and then promoting whatever religious faction spawns.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ygKd5oxoSU

so the frog is the lumeris, who are the other 3?

>Connie is autistic

Makes sense.

>botnet
>botnet
>stock background

Good taste in games, but she's also an amazing plebe at the same time.

>conqueror kings 2
Crusader Kings?

>Grid

>tfw Lapis will never beat you with a baseball bat before forcing you to lick her feet

no. desert and arctic are the best planets for riftborn

Who do you think she mains in Age of Empires 2?

girl weebs main japan because of weebery
other girls main civs with bonus to walls and towers because they're bad

Japs are a pretty great civ though.

yeah but girl weebs don't play them for 33% ias, they play them because they're weebs

Good point.

there was a whole episode in stargate atlantis about them finding something they thought was a video game like civ but it turned out everything they did actually happened on some planet

>just passed 200 hours mark on Stellaris
It's not even a good game!

And now you can never write a negative review because everyone will be

>200+ hours

Guys why is Stellaris so shite? Even the events I just click the option with the most mineral/science output. Where is the game?

Twas a silly episode.

She doesn't wear a bra?

She doesn't when the director tells her not to.

I would assume Persians.

>wasting the Credits to Terraform worlds when you can just build Drones
>Build one Drone in your entire empire, send it to uninhabitable world
>Have migration agreement with other Empires so they send their Pops to build shit for you in Droneland

I can't be the only one who thinks Terraforming in Stellaris is kind of bland, right? ES2 with its higher diversity of planet types seems like it would make Terraforming more fun, but in Stellaris its just boring unless you're playing Xenophobe, Hivemind or Purifiers.

Funny thing is that terraforming in ES2 is pretty garbo too, in fact, maybe more so than in Stellaris.

Is synthetic ascension the worst one? I can't specialize like with biological, and you don't get the crazy random bonuses of psionics.

So we're all in agreement that with the Crusades expansion pack GalCiv 3 is the greatest 4x game ever made, correct?

As cravers is it better to hold on to depleted systems that you've developed a ton, or just evacuate them after moving all the pops to systems that aren't depleted? Starting to suffer from overcolonization and I'm not sure what to do with some of my older production centers

Would fanatic materialist / egalitarian match communism?

>egalitarian match communism
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
If you wanted to make Accelerationist Marxism, then yeah. Robot workforce with Utopian quality of life

>>Have migration agreement with other Empires so they send their Pops to build shit for you in Droneland
ew

fanatic authoritarian / materialist

No, because you can't gulag dissenters and restrict travel on your pops. Can hardly role play as a communist nation without at least that much.

Why?

Communism is a radical authoritarian form of collectivism. Using "egalitarian" to define it is such folly I can't even fathom why would you go with it.To put it simply Stellaris doesn't offer enough costumisation to create Ideology-driven empire, you can do something along the lines of materialist-militarist-authoritarian and pretend really hard that that's communism, but I wouldn't bet on it.

What they should really do is add a collective - individualism ethic axis

They tried. They utterly failed at it because they can't make it remotely representative.

What do you guys think works most properly with Fanatical Purifiers?

Psionic, synthetic or biological? I feel like Biological makes the best RP sense, but you kind of waste the advantage of biological by only having one race. Feel it fits a slaver empire best from a min max perspective.

Not real communism

What is the best 4x game that isn't aurora?

You're right, they're not killing enough people.

I thought a better way to roleplay a communist empire: replace all the farms in your breadbasket world with mines and power plants so you can afford to shit out a ton of ships to fight a neighboring Fanatical Purifier empire and then when several pops in your empire die of starvation you can call it the "Brice of gommunism :-DD"

How'd you manage to select Synthetic ships?

It's a mod user

Mods dude. Anything cool you see in stellaris is probably a mod.

here stellaris.smods.ru/archives/5308

Thanks anons

>ES2

>love the look, sound, and gameplay of missiles
>they're utterly hard-negated by minimal kinetics

>hate the look, hate the sound, and am indifferent towards the stats of kinetics
>they're pretty much the best allrounders

>hate the look, love the sound, and love the stats for lasers
>they're fucked by shields, and everybody uses shields

>love the look and sound of beams, but hate the stats for beams
>they're useless anyways

FUCK
I JUST WANT MUH MISSILEBOTES
Or, at the very least, lasers without that stupid fucking blue smoke coming out the barrel.

>kinetics will never be gigantic broadside shells fired like volleys like in Battlefleet Gothic Armada instead of the shitty water sprinklers they are

you're going to stick 4 peashooters on your ships and you're GOING TO LIKE IT

IT'S NOT EVEN THE GOOD KIND OF BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
IT'S JUST A FUCKING CHHHHHHHHHHHT

It sounds like a cascade of short, wet farts.

Maybe some mods can fix it, and add actual wet farts sounds.

Exactly!

I'd be perfectly happy with high RPM kinetics rather than cannons, if it sounded like this!
youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE

Distant Worlds

>play Stellaris
>turn on all tutorial
>follow its advice
>30 minutes later
>go bankrupt
Off to a good start.

>Funny thing is that terraforming in ES2 is pretty garbo too, in fact, maybe more so than in Stellaris.
How exactly? In Stellaris terraforming just changes habitability (happiness cap and growth) and takes way more resources and time than it is ever worth, whereas in ES2 terraforming is quick enough to provide noticeable tangible benefits and influences individual resources, happiness, and population slots. Different planet types in general have synergy with different species. Terraforming in ES2 is actually useful for min-maxing systems into specific FIDSI.

>Horatio is either begging for an alliance the entire game, or being a huge dickhead

the tutorial is just a tooltip voiceover
I had basically the same experience, but it was all my own fault. The two things you most have to look out for are Credit stagnation and Influence death spirals.

If you aren't making enough money, you're not colonizing enough. If you're not making Influence at a rate that allows expansion, you're not micromanaging Factions correctly (or you blew all your early Influence on a planetary Edict which is ridiculously expensive).

The other thing you need to know for both is to space out your Research and don't really push for any one specific thing unless you really know the Tech inside and out - a lot of tech is hidden behind early Techs that don't seem beneficial at all, like all the Influence techs being behind Propaganda Broadcasts

Horatio backstabbed me enough times to just remove him on sight on every single match I have from now on.

what does the constellations option do in es2?

It effects constellations.

if i do a lot will that mean there's more places to settle?

How connected is galaxy.
Many constellations = many non-connected parts of galaxy (where you need wormholes or warp between them).

No. It changes how stars are arrenged, not how many of them there are. Density is for numbers.