Why in the fuck are these so expensive Veeky Forums?

Why in the fuck are these so expensive Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccz8drePBuA&app=desktop
hartford.craigslist.org/pts/d/2008-bmw-135i-msport/6254394054.html
newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/d/2010-bmw-135i-6mt-black-coral/6282547786.html
carsguide.com.au/car-news/why-cars-cost-more-here-than-in-the-us-18284
youtube.com/watch?v=cJAMlvsveFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God machines

Modern E30

this.

They are easily available for around $11.5 in the USA. and they are literally god machines except pretty heavy compared to e30. Still. Can't do better at the price point.

Kraut tax

Because people still like German luxury cars for some reason even though they're steaming piles of shit after the warranty runs out

Can they be lightened up a little?

Also, for anyone buying one.

The window regulators are cheap and the water pumps break at 60k miles. Make sure it was replaced or get a 600 dollar allowance when you buy it. The thermostat will usually go out soon after the pump, another $400. get them replaced at the same time!

Literally where can I get one for that price?

>water pumps break at 60k miles.
Mine crapped out at 88k, although I have the N52 not the N54. It probably craps out sooner on the N54.

get a cts-v and live with the ugly power

you're crazy

that's a 135i, not a 1M

no.
>non M bimmers
pigfat luxobarges only good for highway pulls
>M bimmers
actually good cars.

so much this

>tfw new 2 series is modern e46

Not him but in the UK fiddy grand for a good1

carandclassic.co.uk/car/C896442

>1M
>luxury
Laugh at this retard.

Anything below a 5er isn't luxury my dude, doesn't mean they still aren't great cars though

I'll answer your question OP

>BMW 1M Coupe
>RWD
>3,296 lbs
>335 hp 3.0L 6-cylinder
and last but not least.
>Limited Run (740 units sold in the US and a further 220 sold in Canada. There are a total of 6309 cars sold worldwide.)

Its literally a somewhat modern E30 M3 and they held their value since they have been released

>BMW 1M
>11.5k

lol dumbass thats not a 128i

Let me guess: you think the e46 m3 is a luxury car too?
The 1M has less features and extras than a fully loaded 1 series.

It's entry-level luxury, like Acura, Buick, C class, or A4. Not trying to be a full-on luxury car like an S Class, 7 series, A7, etc, but still nicer inside than say, an Accord.

1 series maybe is nicer inside.
The 1 series only has leather seats and everything else is wrapped in alcantara. It's basic as fuck, doug explained it here:
youtube.com/watch?v=ccz8drePBuA&app=desktop

Just get the M2.

Yes that's right, everything is a gradient after all

THIS

>a modern bmw isn't luxury

i don't know what kind of metric you guys are using, but any performance car is a luxury car.

luxury by definition is something inessential but desirable and difficult to obtain. i think a car that costs as much money as most people will make over the course of an entire year and is completely useless except for going from one point to another point with a lot of speed, is a luxury.

Did they make them out of plastic?

Even with the M2 it's still the best driving """modern""" BMW.

An Accord is basically entry level luxury these days.

My dad had one in that exact color.

>tfw never drove it

fuck.

How can you tell when your water pump is going to shit the bed? Do you have to wait until it does break? Are there any other common BMW issues?

You can't, just wait for 60-80k and yoru engine will go limp.

More like a 128i. 135s are like 20k with over 80k. Its bullshit.

revised from my experience:

Buy at least 3 sets of regulators/motors for any window you plan on using. Get a cooling system overhaul. Get new gaskets for everything as they are older than you think. You will need a new MAF and camshaft sensor. Also you may want to replace the center console as these cars are great but often treated like shit, with the enamel clawed and peeling.
Also just go on eBay and buy a 100 set of every kind of plastic clip in the car.

I love mine but god damn it was abused by the last owner

>135s are like 20k with over 80k. Its bullshit.

what are you smoking

>2008 135i
>71k miles
>$15k

hartford.craigslist.org/pts/d/2008-bmw-135i-msport/6254394054.html

>2010 135i
>46k miles
>$18k

newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/d/2010-bmw-135i-6mt-black-coral/6282547786.html

Explain this meme

kek just got done googling it
depends where you live but I like what this aussie said:
>Ellis says that's not all. He says that what we get in Australia is a far, far better product than the Americans. "In the US you basically get a cardboard box and steering wheel for your $88,800," he says. "Our cars have a much, much higher level of standard equipment."
carsguide.com.au/car-news/why-cars-cost-more-here-than-in-the-us-18284
it was in 2011 though, don't know what's changed since

Its one of the best cars ever made. As in God himself would spawn a son just so he could experience driving it.

1M is better, it was more of a skunkworks project

just get the e90 instead what's 300 pounds when you got 2(3) more seats

>autotragic pieces of shit with no turn indicators that are even more fragile than RX8s, 3000GTs, and Yugos COMBINED
>"god machine"

i dont think you understand this is the only reason why the BMW 1M is expensive. see this post what you said makes no sense in relation to this thread

>luxury vehicle

Because it is BMW.

youtube.com/watch?v=cJAMlvsveFA

So it's an overpriced POS

and it is much better than your shitbox.

manual only stupid tard, omg

See dis nigga right here

DAS A RETARD

Stay asshurt little cuckboi

You pay for quality.

a lot of people ITT are misguided. people are thinking OP means BMW's in general when in fact he is referring to the BMW 1M Coupe

They're so feminine and cucked looking. I bet you liked to get pegged too.