/rsg/ - Runescape General

Menaphos is here and it's fucking shit edition

Previous Thread: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,803,65903630
>BTS
services.runescape.com/m=news/the-month-ahead--may-2017?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>Menaphos update [June 5th]
runescape.com/info/menaphos
>Menaphos stream #2:
youtube.com/watch?v=En1tm8U6_TQ

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6fippv/dark_beasts_unintended_accuracy_buff
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The damn quests shouldn't be locked behind reputation

>Kill stuff that takes over a hundred slayer
>5 rep

Fascinating.

is it even worth doing herblore for super antifires or is there something else i could be spending time and money on

>is it even worth doing herblore for super antifires
Yes without question

>get key from 3rd gorilla kill
>sells for 1.1m

Feels good

reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6fippv/dark_beasts_unintended_accuracy_buff

top kek. can't wait for them to do the same to abbysal demons

>make mid level focused update
>make slayer impossible for mid levels
?0

good. it was retarded to have shit like dark beasts and abby demons where you could afk, get good combat/slayer xp and still profit like 2m or 3m per hour.

Hey, almost maxed shitter here. If I toggle off certain skills for Shifting Tombs, does that mean I'll get more XP for the skills I leave on? Construction and Div are 2 of the last skills I need before I max, so should I turn off everything else? Or does that not affect my construction and divination xp gains?

Also, I've heard a few times that leaving the Shifting Tomb with 5 seconds before it ends yields the most reputation gains, T/F? I don't see anything about it on the wiki.

Does shifting tombs dungeoneering xp also give tokens?

Why does qbd destroy my shit? Im trying to melee this slut and am constantly swarmed by grotworms no matter how fast i surge to the crystals and the tormented souls mechanics are bullshit and i can never seem to outrun the effect. Should i just give up and range her?

>meleeing qbd

Idk what other boss to do to save for torva and i dont wanna blow the money i saved on other equipment right now

royal crossbow is 100k
royal dhide is 20k
literally all you need if you have super antis

I got and sold a corrupted Jew for about 30m this afternoon.

Are they using "expansions" to disguise the fact that most staff has been moved to other games?

pls respond

Can someone give me the pros of newscape compared to osrs?

pros; gay stuff can be avoided by holding spacebar
cons; you might not like the combat

when you see the message in the chat box that indicates souls are spawning, get the fuck away from the edge of he arena. if you're stood on the edge of the arena when a soul is trying to spawn next to you, they spawn randomly around the arena and will gangbang you. for the ones that spawn to the side of you, just step over them and the wave will hit them. for the 4 that spawn all around you, step diagonally over one of them, and it'll tank 3 waves, you'll get hit by one. when you see that she's about to breathe extremely hot flames, get to the edge of the arena otherwise you'll be hit for 1950 each tick even through super antis. you can run through the walls and take no damage if you time it right (start running straight north when the wall is 2 squares in front of you) finally, just don't melee, it makes getting to the artefacts a pain in the ass AND the worms will hit you harder.

>thieving isn't even AFK despite having no secondary drops and shit xp
riiip

I hated on Menaphos yesterday, but then I actually tried it and realized it's pretty good for training sub-90 skills.

Enjoy your pointless skilling, maxfags :^)

more convenient skill grinding
more cash shop garbage
more high end equipment
more inflation

>more cash shop garbage
How is that a pro

more quests
more areas
more monsters
more bosses
more convenience
dressup

quest dude in memephos asks for 1000 barberry seeds and the exchange limit is 100 every 4 hours

what the fuck am i supposed to do

get fucked

>been grinding all day
>managed to go from 2.75 to 5.5 rep
WOW!

Stockpile more every 4 hours of course

>can't install on work pc
>can't connect over browser version
I hate corporations

"Wait until menaphos comes out to train slayer" they said

>ability queuing is broken
fug
I use that to get around fast

>there HAS to be some kind of an artificial grind

>"Guys, it is supposed to be an expansion. So that means it has content withit for like 3 months. So expect things like grind reputation. What is wrong with that? Im maxed aswell, but the expansion is still fun to play and it is new!"

Is this guy statistically more likely to wear a cock cage and enjoy his wife being pumped by big black men?

Not even surprised
I understand that it's the best xp/h for most medium level training methods which makes the city attractive as a medium level hub (which is what they wanted) but why the fuck can't think take his points into consideration during development? It's unbelievably retarded that
>Release literal shit
>Wait for player feedback
>Update previously mentioned shit to be slightly less shit after everyone has endured the aforementioned shit
has become their go-to template

>"This is a 6 month expansion, did people really expexct to be able to do it all in a day or even a week? ( and if they did wouldn't that be disapointing?) There are so many ways to get reputation, so much hidden content to explore that it shouldn't feel like a grind. If you just play the content and try different things you'll passively get enough rep to unlock what you want."

Of course
Also, speaking of big updates, how much is the smithing rework gonna suck?

You know all those rune items that are basically the core of the economy, whose only value comes from their alch price?
They're nuking the alch price.

Game developer zealots are the fucking worst
I wish people would stop giving positive feedback on everything they SEE within the first 30 minutes of an update because it's the first thing the morons at Jagex see which makes them think the entire fucking playerbase likes the update solely because a random retard thinks the entire fucking expansion is great solely because the walls of the city he hasn't entered look nice

But can they go beyond our expectations and fuck it up more than that?

what

The t90 stuff takes as long as ports (months) but actively trained rather than passively.

They're removing runite drops too, only some mobs are going to have drops replaced with unknown items that they say will have similar value.

>"You have until the 12th of June before all of your Fayre Tickets and Tokens are cleared up."
Is it even fucking possible to still use them? The fayre is fucking gone.

i guess its to reduce inflation?

how the fuck do i get a soul eater task

>nothing in the sophanem slayer dungeon is even remotely close to being as good exp/hr as ripper demons despite needing up to 117 slayer to fight them, much less any decent gp/hr making it completely obsolete
Amazing.

Can someone tell me what does the new slayer helm do? It still says it's t70.

draynor lode
click the hourglass
right click death

Talk to death near the draynor manor
Ask for a grim gem so you can get tasks anywhere

Higher accuracy and damage bonus which is what matters anyway

How much? Where does it say?

Who knows

i specifically remember the content developer devs for menaphos saying that dark beasts and abyssal demons would not be changed for 120 slayer, yet it has been changed. What gives?

fuck you

they said some time ago that they'd make monsters like Dark Beasts and Abyssal demons tougher remember?

pardon my autism. soul devourer, not soul reaper or soul eater. these fuckers.

all ive managed to get so far are corrupted.

They should have just added more health

How many slayer pokedex entries have you filled up so far?

>can you think of any alternatives we could implement [...]
This is what THEY are paid to do, and yet they release shit and ask the players to design it better for them. Extraordinarily unprofessional. Jagex might as well fire all of their game designers and have the programmers just implement ideas they read on the forums.

And yet people still play their game.

>I have to block dark beasts now
How does Jagex manage to fuck up so badly?

>everything that's in the game was made by nu-jagex

Gotta shoehorn early-bird bonuses into every update :)

time to get to work

I didn't say that, but Jagex has employees that have been there since even before rs2 like, believe it or not, Mod Mark.

The point is that no matter how bad they fuck up Menaphos people will still be playing their game, if the whole year has been nothing but shit updates and Jagex is still reporting huge profits what makes you think the playerbase is gonna be leaving anytime soon?

The playerbase is used to shit updates by now.

>""""""""play"""""""""""""'

you mean bankstand whilst browsing the runecoin store for the hip new cosmetic meme?

0 till i get 115 dg for edimmu

my farts smell so fucking bad, anyone else have this problem?

>Livid farm
> a boring, long, repetitive grind, everyone hates it
>Jagex says they've ''learned their lesson''
>Shattered Worlds
>a boring, long, repetitive grind, everyone hates it
>Jagex says they've ''learned their lesson''
>Menaphos
>_ ______ ____ __________ ______ ________ _____ __

Menaphos makes shattered worlds look fun

>can put tormented demons in your dungeon

>fc becomes /r9k/ thanks to the resident brazilian

Which quest dude is this?

>soul runes are in the invention skillguide

>we have to invent the soul altar

>filthy casuals not using surge or mobile in shifting tombs

>jagex fucked up ability queuing so going fast with surge is harder
reeeeeee

>log in
>message from jarimbflex that they've given me my samids gloves back
>this happens the first time I get some exp
how is this balanced

It's not, samid gloves were one of the most jewish and over goldselling things before the introduction of actual goldselling via bonds.

*overt

Would it be worth putting just 1 td in your dungeon so you don't have to deal with them aggroing across the map anymore?

AHA!
also eww elves are degenerate knife ears

>you can enslave an elf soul and put it into your eternal dungeon to die till the end of time
-

Yes.

fries>>>>>>>burgers
processed meat is shit

somethings off about those arms.

I would totally be an elf if given the chance

I need that lifespan man

ANGERY

then be a blood sucking vyre
>long life
>shapeshift
>sucking puns
>flying
>slight telepathy
>immune to many weapons
>have human bloodbag slaves

>this shit is less smelly than this other shit

Apparently vyres are in perpetual torment on the inside.

are you saying I'm a vyre

only if you actually suck blood.

you don't even know how bad I want to be a vampire. you have no idea user.