Bought a new car a week ago

>bought a new car a week ago
>already regret it.

Is it possible to return it? Is there are 30 or 90 day return policy on cars like with other consumer goods?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jyFQIrr9QKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you regret about it user? shit financing? shit car in general?

It think I got a good deal on the financing. was 6% at 72 months. Not happy with the car tho, it's uncomfortable and slow not what I thought it would be

Did you not test drive it? What did you buy?

Answer to your question is no, you can't return it.

Toyota 86. I did and it seemed different at the time.

its gonna be a long 72 months

That is horrendous financing on a new car. How much did you put down? What was the final price?

You have three choices:

You eat the depreciation and sell it and go buy something new.

You deal with it.

You break your warranty and give it more power.

$4000 down. After taxes and fees it came out to $30,980. I thought anything under 10% was good?

killme.jpg

How much was MSRP for the car as you bought it?

$26.5

>anything under 10 was good
Maybe if your credit is double digits user...

tfw OP bought a BRZ

You paid $31k out the door for a $26k...?

$2000 was taxes, so the dealer markup and fees was only like $3000 which seems to be the norm from all the listings I see

bawhahahahahah, he fell for the slow shitbox meme

>dealer markup
>for an 86

Do you like in Hawaii or something?

You can buy a 2013 with no miles for like 15k. What have you done user.

Vermont

>uncomfortable
How so? The seats? You can replace them. Shouldn't void any warranty.

>slow
... How did you NOT know this going into it? It's a car designed for handling, not speed. You want more power and not void the warranty? Pretty sure intake and new exhaust doesn't void it.

Why do people only want advice /after/ they spend their hard earned dollarydoos?

Damn, dude.

Call Trump, he might stop thinking the Iran nuclear deal is the worst deal ever after hearing your story.

you got raped user.

What about a turbo cost wise?

WEW
>tfw there's people that listen to dealers who say they're giving them a great interest rate at under 10%

Wow, congrats. I hope you had good time with your salesman. I am sure he was so happy to work with you.
I am 100% you have extended warranty and gap. Since that is easiest way to pack the back end of the deal. Go to the dealership and cancel both. You should get something back at least.
Now enjoy your mid 500 and up payment for next 72months.

>$30,980
holy shit, user.

Hi OP.

I own a BRZ, back in 2014 I purchased it for 26.7k OTD with a 0.9% interest rate.

I like the car, it's not fast but it just feels great as a daily, that you can push and have fun within almost legal speeds. When I want to go fast I have motorcycles so no car feels fast to me, but when it rains or snows I can rip some hectic skids in the burz.

Just give it time... but you did get played on the financing.

I mean, why would you even let the dealer talk you above MSRP? I literally always say, 'I'll pay X for it with tax though' an they usually bite.

stop guys, I am sure OP is crying right now

also it does seem by doing a cursory search through the classifieds that a whole slew of people have gotten tired of the toyobaru in fewer than 10k miles

yea I kind of figured that out early in the thread but thanks for reminding me

I didn't want to buy used this time because I've been screwed buying used cars in the past.

No he paid more then that. He said there was 3k mark up, msrp on them is like 26 to 27k. Not to mention 4K down payment that just went down the drain

This is a great thread.
Having never financed a car, I find it fascinating.

He won't be able to dump it anytime soon. Only hope is American new car with crazy incentive to make up for the loss. Even then....

Listen here op when financing a NEW car and dealing with interest rates never go above %3 you should aim for at least 0.9% i know it depends on how good your credit is but you should wait until your credit gets better and the dealer offer their sale clearance for a better deal but this is an expensive lesson you will learn

That only makes the depreciation worse.

This is what I'll never understand about buying new

>30k for toyobaru slowcarfast meme
>25k for a 5th generation 5.0 mustang

I'm a ricer at heart and not a huge muscle car person, but you can't deny that dollar-for-horsepower, you're gettin ripped off pretty hard.

>inb4 "but muh handling"

It'll cost you about 5k-10k. I'd do a supercharger tho. That's probably a little cheaper desu.

look OP, i bought a new car on not so great terms with some large mark ups about 6 months back. sure it wasn't the best deal, and sure others have done better, but it's your car now.

it's just natural for humans to want to have something different. it can be their hair color, the looks of their spouse, the type of car, etc. it never ends. it's just part of being human.

it may sound like mental gymnastics, and it sort of is, but most of Veeky Forums is sour grapes about new cars, and will never buy one themselves. they always rationalize it with depreciation, better value per dollar, etc. it's not like there's no merit to their arguments, but it's part of life.

enjoy your new car. it's never been abused by somebody else and its a good looking car. i enjoyed the heck out of the 86 when i test drove it. its one of the few lightweight rwd coupes you can still buy. by buying it new, you're telling auto manufacturer's that we want more like it. people who buy used never get to put in their vote to that matter where it counts - they just bitch on boards like this.

fuck supercharging. gonna sap a noticeable amount of power vs a turbo

Also to add to this don't buy any extras like extended warranties, protection plans, etc. that's where you can get screwed hard and dealers make even more money off you

Best post.
Have this pic, user.

>Tfw I regretted buying a clean, 1-owner, fwd v8 with the sexiest looks, at 22 y/o, $9k 4% 48mo
>Completely forgot how smitten, smart, proud, financially organized and focused I was when buying it.
>Forgot about the awesome shit I experienced.
Yep, you always want more, and you always have to sorta compromise.
I want better steering and rwd and a better tranny in my nu car, but I already got A LOT with it that I take for granted.
We are all ungrateful little shits, but we really just always like moving on with things, cause its easy to dream big than make what you have work.

You really shouldn't be caring about the top end in these. What these cars really lack is acceleration, and a supercharger fixes that issue. You'll get marginally less power at your top end, but power all the time in a rwd coupe makes a world of difference.

Sounds like you need the qt 86 doctor to console you, and fix your vehicle.

OP, I kinda feel your pain.

Looking back on a new car I bought a few months ago (ND MX5), I think I could've negotiated the APR lower than 3%, but I did manage to get them to give me the GT trim for the price of a Sport trim. So i don't entirely regret buying it. It's a good feeling to know that the miles building up on it are yours and yours alone. Just take it as an expensive lump on your financial experiences.

Sorry dude, gt is on sale for 23k with brembo package at near by dealership.
New of course, I don't see any nd selling.

>think I got a good deal on the financing. was 6% at 72 months
jesus christ

>6%
Are you stupid? Most banks are giving 3.1% and some deep discount credit unions will gladly do it for 2.1%.
Shit man.

shit that hurts. But not surprised. 2016? What dealership?

>After taxes and fees it came out to $30,980
>+6700 in overall financing at 6% for 72 fucking months
>OP is paying almost 40k for a fucking gt86
somebody help me im fucking dying

Should have gotten a Focus RS bro.
I just bought one a month ago and am still loving it.

>Paying 36% over value for a rapidly depreciating asset.
Holy shit user. Don't they teach kids how to be financially not retarded in school?

Are you kidding? If they did that, our economy would collapse.

I think I just need to kill myself

Im new to all this how was I supposed to know. Im going to try and make more than the minimum payment - thatll help reduce the interest right?

Well this time you got ultra-ducked buying new, congrats. You almost always buy used, let the poor sap that bought it new take the HUGE depreciation hit that it takes the second the papers are signed. If you bought a lightly used one you would have easily saved almost $10k, had factory warranty to take care of any issues that may arise (to lessen your fear of "getting screwed"). If you do have GAP on your loan leave it in the ghetto with the keys in it and pray the guy who takes it totals it running from the cops, that will be your cheapest way out (if you don't get caught for ins. fraud that is)

4k down on a 30k car is fucking stupid OP you're gonna drown in payments, did you even think of having someone cosign for you?

Not really. The loan amount already has interest factored into it. The only way you could reduce the cost associated with interest would be to request a payoff total and they would give you maybe $1k off for paying the entire thing in full but that defeats the entire purpose of having a loan in the first place. Consider insurance fraud.

Or don't consider insurance fraud because you'll fuck that up as well.

You could try bringing it back to the dealership. Talk to the management, say you were taken advantage of, lied to, manipulated, etc make up some bullshit if you have to as long as they can't prove it didn't happen. Threaten to sue, have a lawyer call them, they might cooperate.

take it fucking easy dude, you're fine.

It's not all that bad yet man. Pay on it for 6months at your current terms, then go shop the banks for a refinance deal. If you keep your shit together and don't miss any payments in willing to bet you'll be able to refi at a much lower rate. Maybe knock $50 to $100 off your monthly depending on the new terms...

>tfw paying 25k car over 7 years
>tfw 5.74%
>tfw put 0 down
oh wait
>military job security
>salary jumps every year
Mr Goldstein may be laughing but i dont care

This

>buy a lightweight rwd coupe
>complain about muh comfort
are u sure u didnt want a crossover?
>its slow
its fast enough, but you should have known its not built for straight lines. Consider learning with this car and trade it in in a few years, or slap a tarbo. its a good car user, you probably just had no idea what you were paying for.

>tfw 0% financing

Sure, its just a Focus, but it gets me where I need to go and is relatively comfy. Its also helped me figure out things I'll want to look for in my next (likely more sporty) car when it dies.

A v6 2018 camaro is 28k with 335hp. Really easy to negotiate and get it down to something like 24k and not shit interest payments. You fucked yourself here op, no one else. Dealership may have presented you with shit, but it was your decision alone to eat it.

Yea, because you can totally use all that hp on public roads!

Buying anything over 300 hp for daily driving is a stupid waste of money. Very few of you fags can afford to track regularly.

Nevermind that a Toyobaru is probably a better track car than a Fatstang as well.

what exactly were you expecting from it?
did you even watch any comprehensive reviews of the car?
If you wanted more comfort and straight line speed you should have bought subaru crosstrek or something gay like that.
you bought a lightweight, low powered 2 door coupe thats designed to be fun to drive and pretty much nothing else.

maybe do some research on the car you are buying next time

>72 months
HAHAHA THEY GOT YOU GOOD

Google "how to not get fucked at a dealership"

Turn on Sport Mode every time. Leaving it off actually neuters the car. Well, neuters it more.
Floor it. It's low on Horsepower so you can open it up like mad instead of having to restrain yourself to keep from spinning out.
Or save up about 5 grand for a supercharger kit. You can get another 50% HP and make it a capable track car with that.

If you hate it then make sure it looks sparkling clean and go back to the dealership. Tell them you don't like the car and would like to return it. At the very least they will buy it back and you'll be out six grand. Better to owe six grand on nothing than 30 grand on a POS 86.

You can, user.

It's called not getting caught.

>his car is under 350hp
>thinks having a car that powerful is a waste of money
what do you spend you money on user, animoos and pocket pussies?

Shitty excuses. If OP wanted HP then he should've carefully considered his options before signing anything. It's not like he got a good deal anyways.

He can refinance it instead of doing this retarded shit. I would only recommend this if OP either REALLY hates the car, or he REALLY cant pay for this thing.

i'm convinced this is a bait thread
hard to believe someone who's a car enthusiast would ever finance a brand new car, let alone one they don't even like, and at 6% interest kek

nice bait op

Honestly OP, what were you driving before that the 86 feels slow?

>hard to believe someone who's a car enthusiast would ever finance a brand new car, let alone one they don't even like, and at 6% interest kek

Do I need to remind you where you are?

>car enthusiast
>wouldn't buy a new car

Actually, car enthusiast with money wouldn't buy used if he had the chance. Why would you want a car someone else mistreated?

Also, are you really stupid enough to believe stupid people don't exist?

02 RSX was my last car, and it was slow too.

When I go to buy a used car should I walk out if I can't get the car for their asking price with the tax and fees included?

Where in Vermont are you?
Whats your plan for winter, you gud at drifting aready?

You've already got an escape, just crash it.

And, timestamp and bread on hood or this is a troll thread.

No one here has that kinda money in this shit hole

i don't post here often because i can't really drive(have license but no car), but i'd never ever buy a new car in a million years. even if i had an 800 credit score i wouldn't take out a small loan to buy a 10 year old car because you don't fucking need to finance a car these days. you can buy a decent car for ~5 grand that will be safe, reliably and cheap to run/repair. i see no point in buying a new car unless you fell for the status symbol meme. if you want a fast car then buy an old beretta with a getrag tranny for ~2k and put a supercharged 3800 in it out of a GTP for another ~2k. there you go, a 300hp car that weighs less than 2000lbs for under 5 grand.

>Actually, car enthusiast with money wouldn't buy used if he had the chance. Why would you want a car someone else mistreated?
there are ways to tell if a car was mistreated. wasting a few grand on a beater that falls apart after a year is still more sensible than wasting 40k financing a 3000lb 200hp coupe that's slower than a minivan

speak for yourself

Yes yes your shitty poorly made challenger. Should have gotten literally anything but that.

If the car was mistreated for the first 5k, nothing is going to show up until 30-50k, unless the car is utterly fucked already.

There's nothing wrong with buying new if you can afford it. Learn to negotiate and not buy cars at MSRP.

Blow me.

Post your ride or forever brand yourself a bus rider and leave.

Also as an aside for people who fall for the salesman bullshit when they try to hit you for 72 month 6% financing: If you can't afford to make payments like pic related consistently then you should argue for better financing or consider coming with a pre-approved loan letter from your bank.

I made a calculated decision to take the financing for this vehicle because there was an additional $1000 off the price of the car if I took the financing. By being this aggressive with the payments I will have only "lost" about 500 in interest by payoff time (November). If I wasn't aggressive with payments the thousand extra off the vehicle would have been eaten up in interest already. Take the time to sit down and plug the numbers in payment calculators before you blindly sign on the dotted line.

Fuck that. I'm not paying more for my car a month than I do for my house. I'll take the extra 500 dollars over the course of 5 years.

That's not Vermont you flaming faggot.

if a brand new car is broken in hard(standard breaking-in procedure is 300mi at 5k rpm) then it will have higher performance than a new engine that was babied and never pushed higher than 3k rpm. it might leak/burn oil, but that's not a big deal

youtube.com/watch?v=jyFQIrr9QKA

That's why I asked him where in Vermont he was, I like that you're so self centered that you convinced yourself I was speaking about the entire fucking internet.

This is one where you should seriously consider killing yourself. Or maybe read with a little more intent to understand rather than to look for opportunities to, we'll, be a

FAGGOT

>recommends blowing $4000 on turbos for a piece of trash that can't turn
>"have license but no car"
Its painfully obvious that nobody should take your advice

>hard breaking meme

My bad, I thought he meant Veeky Forums as a whole.

Ladies and gentlemen, behold, the retard that makes used car buying a living hell for everyone else.

i kept a 380k mile 25 year old Audi on the road for 5 years and i've been through three years of tech school, i know my shit

It would have been $500 over six months you hmong. The total interest payments for the loan would have been over $2300 for a $17000 loan.

Taking OP's scenario:
His standard payment for that 86 is $497 a month for 72 months. At the end he will have paid about $5800 in interest. If he pays $1000 a month instead, then he will pay off the car in 32 months and only pay $3300 in interest.