/vn/ - Beatrice Edition

Visual Novel General #1487

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_MZyaE4IIE
youtube.com/watch?v=deg1RHwmKpo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xeeTGruUM
youtube.com/watch?v=7cTWmeOn6cI&ab_channel=wingshad0w00982
humblebundle.com/sekai-project-bundle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kei best girl

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Dies irae is shit and that we've been legitimately honeydicked by JOPs for years? On the other hand, how can they ever recover now that we lowly EOPs can brutally criticize Masada?

Rusalka

Don't know I'm still waiting for the 18+ uncropped version before I read it.

Rusalka did nothing wrong

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Beatrice is the best Cain?

So does she have a route or not?

I just finished Marie's route and wow, how can Rea's route ever top this? Probably the most climatic fight I've witnessed in any medium.

Also someone please give me the name of the song that starts playing during the final moments of the route, I looked all over the song list and can't find it.

You didn't even mention the worst part. Last scene of the route, right before the credits, they go "BTW we're not blood related"
It was so completely unnecessary and out of nowhere that I couldn't even get mad.

Yes.

Why do you even care? There's like one h-scene and then 5 hours of overly lengthy battles per route with zero romance and character progression after the dicking. Or before for that matter.

She gets a CG's But fucks multiple men and MC

This?
youtube.com/watch?v=7_MZyaE4IIE

Thanks! Think I lost my shit when this started playing

Why is this allowed? Dropped

AHAHAHA

Wilhelm fuck is literally inbred

>how can Rea's route ever top this?
Ha-ha-ha-ha-h-ha.
And that's not even the best part.

She's a fucking centuries-old Nazi witch. Why do people want every girl to be virgins?

>shoots at his teeth
>mocks him
>shut up you albino shit

based

No she ain't

>Piracy existed long before download editions existed
Yeah, I know but we live in the current year. People are too lazy for that now.

I think we can all agree that Lilly is best savior

It is stated that the souls are used to open the swastika. And when one of the Dreizehn dies then that also opens the Swastika becaus they have absorbed lots of souls which then go into opening the Swastika.

Yet they also they sometimes after defeating one of the Dreizehn that they absorbed their souls despite it supposedly opening a Swastika.

??

So, what's probably an unpopular opinion: I think the combat writing in Demonbane is actually better than Dies Irae. It never failed to get me hyped up, with the voice acting, music and artwork working well to make it better.

Also, I've yet to find a better 'Main character has gained the revelation/resolve he needs to beat the final boss' track than Those Who Challenge The Divine Will.

youtube.com/watch?v=deg1RHwmKpo

Honestly, I was planning to take a break after this but fuck, might have to start right away.

Too bad each and every one of his fight scenes are horribly inconsistent, with the writer completely disregarding any established injuries or battle conditions.

>I think the combat writing in Demonbane is actually better than Dies Irae.
I have been saying this since literally any thread since DI release faggot.

demonbane chuuni was so stupid it was fun. It didn't take itself seriously and had fun with it.

I've been saying that for years. Demonbane, Kikokugai and Katou Kotarou's scenes in Ayakashibito have been fully available in English for years, and it literally doesn't get any better action wise.

>Demonbane and Liger Legis literally cause the extinction of the dinosaurs
I died when I read that, also the tightness of Al's cunt letting Kurou fight off Nyarly because she's a used up old hag in comparison.

>So, what's probably an unpopular opinion
You mean in general?

Koichoco was not that bad. I'd even say outside of one route in particular it was pretty good and not the dumpster fire people say it is

No, it BECAME shit the moment it got a translation.
Get it right.

So translation confirmed to be a reality bending power that can even influence the flow of causality and time?

How can any pussy not be tight to Kurou? Even an adult horse vag would be too tight for him with that massive whale dick.

I'm a fan of both and I won't disagree. To me Dies and Masada's Shinza Banshou multiverse has an entirely different kind of appeal, which exists on a meta level as well as the cast. It's also a lot more fun outside the actual game, in the bonus drama CDs which are mostly comedy, and shit like the Valentine's/White Day special.

>his dick is so big that it's actually larger than the main heroine of the game
Not sure how to feel about this.

>Demonbane and Liger Legis literally cause the extinction of the dinosaurs
Its been 10 years for me now and I still have to chuckle everytime I am reminded of this.

Loli pussy gives you the resolve to fight off Lovecraftian gods.

>the one negative steam review just says "meme game"
Ok which one of you faggots did this.

There is nothing funnier than almost-comical huge dicks.

It was me!

I thought Demonbane was extremely tedious to get through and I was ctrl-ing through the fight scenes 2/3 of the way in. Never bothered with other routes either. Some of it was because it wasn't voice acted.

Only about 5 hours through DI now and I hope I won't feel that way. I think the good TL and voice acting will help a lot.

Was this with the Demonbane PS2 voice patch? It should add voices the vast majority of the game.

I think Demonbane pretty much embodies the chuunige dream. Starts off with relatively low level stuff, with fireballs and the like being thrown around, then jumps to reality/time-space warping stuff and finally ends up with two giants mecha's throwing universes at each other. And in between, there's a moment where the protag get's depowered and goes full Magic Batman to deal with his enemies.

Also, In Cry of Vengeance was cool as fuck, mostly due to the Batman moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xeeTGruUM

nah, it is just quantum mechanics. we can't read VNs when untranslated, so their state is kamige and kusoge at the same time. when we observe it by reading when they are translated, they either turn into kamige or kusoge. JOPs are retarded so their opinions don't matter.

To add to that, maybe the mechashit fight scenes just weren't my thing. There was a duel in the middle of the game when that disgusting assassin guy invaded the base that was super interesting.

>almost-comical
>almost
>implying

Used goods

Kakeru from 11eyes' dick seriously looked like it would destroy any of the girls it was ridiculously huge

This made that one anal scene with Kusakabe that much hotter. Also the one when Kukuri puts it in herself

Anyhing good come out recently or soon?

Dies Irae is literally out right now and /ourguys/ finished Hatsukoi. Maybe only 3/5 good though

Man I just finished Kei's route. This is the most fun I've ever had with a VN, holy fuck. I don't want it to end.

>Anyhing good come out recently
Sweet Young Bride

Utawarerumono 2 and Dies irae

Great times ahead user, it only gets better from there on.

CUTE!

That song and scene is probably one of the few things that made the anime worth existing. Other than the novelty of seeing it in anime form that is.

>We'll lock up all the Outer Gods into a prison
>through the power of time fuckery we both have one
>then we'll duel with the Outer God prisons as our weapons, every hit creating and destroying countless universes
Demonbane is love, Demonbane is life.

You do realize DI makes fun of chuuni stuff right?

Demonbane is one of my favorites. It has some great characters and music.
youtube.com/watch?v=7cTWmeOn6cI&ab_channel=wingshad0w00982

>I was only pretending to be retarded :DDD

Thanks.

Not that guy, but I find it understandable, since Dies tends to go at it in a subtle ironic way while at the same time playing up some of the more grating chuu2 straight. It's missable and can be annoying to people who come in looking for chuu2 played for their direct entertainment.

>i-i-its satire guise
>95% of the content is repetitive action scenarios
>y-y-you're just a brainlet
>s-s-s-s-s-surfa- *Janis pseudo-JOPlin has a stroke*

The game is definitely self-aware, but that doesn't mean it's a parody.

>the game is self aware and despairs in its condition
Holy shit that is deep as fuck

What should I do today, watch some anime or start a replay of a long VN I really like?

>Mercurius getting pissed that Ren didn't pick Marie in Kei's route
kek

humblebundle.com/sekai-project-bundle

I wouldn't buy a Sekai Project product regardless of the earnings went to cancer research or not. EAT A DICK DOVAC

this seems like a good deal until you realize every single one of those are shit

^_^

Schreiber using plain old guns while teleporting around on a super-powered motorcycle kind of feels out of place.

Can't make this shit up.

Lolis are for loving.

Wait a second I thought we all agreed that JOPs were right and Dies really is a masterpiece?

Is there some hidden other word in english that also happens to be "semen" besides you know penis-semen.

I forget.

Isn't Ren basically Mercurius's self-insert in his own world? As in, a being he created to project himself onto?

No. Even a dick comes out of his eye.

pretty much

Ah, so this is what happens when you grow up in a orchard-cum-prison.

That's more or less correct.

Mercurius gets mad because Ren has chosen who he considers to be the worst girl, rather than who he thinks is the best girl in the story.

Imagine writing a story, but the protag keeps spontaneously rewriting things so he keeps ending up with a different girl from the one you intended him to be with. Now you know Mercurius's suffering.

Schreiber has a messed up past, his eye was used for skull fucking

So how long till 18+ content is restored on dies irea?

in a month.

How many anons ended it?

>Valkyria is just some side character for flashbacks
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>Imagine writing a story, but the protag keeps spontaneously rewriting things so he keeps ending up with a different girl from the one you intended him to be with.
That's more or less the cause of the events in Muv-Luv Unlimited/Alternative, except Sumika ends up actually getting what she wants.

WHOA SUCH PROFUNDITY

>Mercurius is a self-inserter
Is he /ourguy/?

Too bad Sumika is worst girl. Mercurius is truly a sage beyond my pleb intellect.

Muv Luv > Dies irae confirmed

it's not even remotely equivalent dude, have you read dies irae or are you just shitposting

>guy called divine VESSEL
>only at the very end does everybody realize that hes a VESSEL for Heydrich

That's not even remotely what that post suggest, mongoloid. So this is the mental capacity and reading comprehension of a pseudo-JOP... whoa.

I was looking at that. I don't know about the Nekoparas, but World End Economica and Fault both look interesting and worth the price.

what did your post suggest then? please tell me, i'm retarded

He took a certain person's soul, did some god hocus pocus to it to make it work for his plans and then laid out the keikaku for his totally awesome stage and opera script.

Snek, pls. Stop throwing tantrums and savescumming just because no one followed your secret awesome keikaku.

>spoiler
No. Mercurius's sensory are literally his own copies. They don't possess a free will, and they are pretty much him, just projected into the multiverse. It isn't like that for others though, Yusa/Judas Strife/Tenma Sukuna don't know anything about being Naraka's sensory, and have their own personalities. Same goes (probably) for Habaki, who doesn't even know about Amaterasu's existence. Well, "probably" because we know pretty much nothing about the Amaterasu's personality, but I don't think it's too similar to Habaki's.

I'm very new to visual novels, and started with my first one, Ever17, a little while ago. I just got to this ending and am very close to crying.

Am I an oversensitive pleb?