/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #502

''Nowhere to run now'' Edition

Previous Thread: >A special message from DONTNOD Entertainment:
youtube.com/watch?v=YoVni44YBtE
''...we've been working, since the release of the box version last year, on a new Life is Strange game, with the Life is Strange team.''

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/13024639
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974
strawpoll.me/13112828

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/wtT
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
fanfiction.net/s/12512237/1/Arcadia-Gays-The-March-Hare-and-the-Green-Thumb
twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/871773113654104064
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

The nightmare is not the ending but it leads into the least imaginative and interesting ending you could think of. There are multiple endings but it is in the loosest way possible.

>I thought this game was supposed to have multiple endings, I snitched on Nathan at the end of the episode. That doesn't count?
Oh my sweet child, you've been lied to. If you really want to see the ending then go for it but we have warned you, nothing you did previously matters. Nothing.

Max is #1

"Oh no. I'm trapped by Max. How ever will I escape..."

I hope we get a full trailer for the prequel at E3 and not some random informations

My body is ready for E3

me on the right

They could go the same way as TLOU2, showing shots without revealing what th game is right at the beginning and then Ashly's voice to give it away

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

Do you think it could be a reference to back to the future?

No, it's not.

Is LiS gonna be in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Don't think so. There were a few BTTF references.
I think Max said at one point that she was a human Flux Capacitor.

Makes me want to see Max dressed like Marty with the plaid shirt and orange vest.

fuck chloe

fuck warren

And you!

I fear the images that were discovered was what they were planning to show at E3.
So there will be an announcement and then the stuff a lot of people have already seen. Unless they did prepare an actual trailer.

Max actually says in one of the unused audio files "better than a Delorean"

I can't imagine it would just be images, especially given several of the images found seemed to be WIPs

they should be already well advanced in the production so a trailer isn't something impossible to come with

if Life is Strange...
Death is Normal?

instaud.io/wtT

Neat. That would be a movie (or trilogy) I could definitely see Max and Chloe watching together.
Maybe they'd do it one night at the drive-in.

it would probably gives crazy ideas to Chloe, like "Max, I want you to meet your parents when they were young" or stuff like that

That would just be jumping into a photo. Unless Max can go into any photo and appear as herself or as a ghost-like thing.
In that case, she and Chloe can go on dates in any time and place. Just hold hands and look at a photo. Hella awesome.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Oh Alice and Lisa. Like mommy, too pure for this world.

"Max and Chloe" might just be my favourite phrase to say.

"Hello Max and Chloe, so it turns out you exist in real life!"

That seems to be the case, yes

If max is holding a living thing, is that thing also not effected by the rewind?

we have absolutely no way to be sure

>Life is Strange
>soundtrack is called "Max and Chloe".
>Warrencucks exist

>No more Max and Chloe
>Prequel with no Max

No more Pricefield, ever again.

We still have our imaginations, I guess...

Actually it's better that way. Just imagine Max doesn't succeed at becoming a great photographer, she has to do a boring job while Chloe ends up becoming an addict... I prefer not to know and hope for a bright future for them

That's the spirit, haha:)

Luc was right when he said: ''no more of Max's adventures''

Hopefully that statement is as true as 'Multiple endings depending on the choices you make' crap they told us

I want to play Overwatch with Brooke!

I can see the game starting with Chloe and Rachel running away from the cops or doing shenanigans

>inb4 Deck Nine pulls a "Max is Rachel"

I just thought of something. Dontnod knew when decknine would upload their files on their website if they helped with the game. Michel was the anom who posted the pics here, he never really got over the fact Square made them give their assets and characters to another studio.

Ugh

>Not a cosmic fusion of Max and Chloe.

Based on one comment "look, her clothes fit you really well"

I can see the game starting with a scene where Chloe and her relatives are attending William's funeral, and then comes a black screen: ''X years later''

Technically two qualify as multiple right? Even three if we count the alternative kiss

What kind of shenanigans do you think they've got into?

Smashing cars with a baseball bat it seems

Now I wonder if this scene wouldn't be the first time Rachel dragged Chloe to the junkyard and it will gradually become their lair

>It is not her primary motivation by any stretch - if anything, it's an argument she makes to ease her conscience, precisely to deal with the fact that she knows her parents will be hurt more by her death than any debt.

Suicide hurts the people who love the deceased more than the dead, no doubt, but it's hard to say it's not one of her primary motivations. Losing agency over her body--which plays into the implied lack of free will in time travel stories--crushed her will to live, much as the injury crushed her spine. I don't, however, believe it's her only motivation for the request. She was surrounded by William and Joyce fretting over bills. Besides medical staff, she had few, if any, other visitors. On the cliff, Chloe reveals how much she cared about her mother. Her reaction to Wiliam's death in the main timeline proves how much he meant to her. It's unfathomable that she would be unaffected by the financial and emotional burden she placed on them.

>the idea that in one, Chloe was bound to die from disease, and the other, by destiny.

From the way it was portrayed, DONTnod decided her destiny was to die, be it by gun, train or spinal injury. The original title of the game "What If?" and the text on the physical box describing the story as Max learning the dangers of changing time places it in a stable with the rest of Western time travel fiction. It's a sadly unoriginal take on the story, but the one Koch chose to tell.

Good luck with your studies. I'll be around. I've been participating in the discussions surrounding the leaks. I'm also hesitant to accept the prequel as canon unless DONTnod gives it their blessing. It's ironic that DONTnod gets so much respect around here despite the near constant Michel bashing.

I'm guessing Chloe or Rachel will be the main character. The stuff about the Nazis sounds like another game or, perhaps, a separate edition to the project. A WWII Japanese setting would be interesting.

(1/2)

If they pull off a game in post-WWI England, there's a good chance they'll manage the same in another setting. WWII Japan is rarely depicted in Western media period. I'd welcome the change, but would prefer a continuation of Max and Chloe's story. I do love their characters quite a bit.

(2/2)

I think it'll start with Rachel or Chloe at a Vortex Club party. Price will still be a student at Blackwell. She was kicked out for vandalism in the parking lot, if her student records are a clue.

Is is possible that the main character won't have special powers? What if it's simply a teenage mystery/drama without supernatural influences? How would that affect the canon?

That makes me think of a story where Max's powers are less reliable. She and Chloe have to stop the Prescotts without Rewinding.

To be honest when I first saw you going back and forth I ignored your posts because recently any long posts just seem have been pointless vitriolic arguments, but I'm glad I read that polite discussion.

--

Also is it bad I don't know any of the personalities on this board? I've been here a while now and I feel like often I'm talking to the same person but I have no idea, and some people seem to be familiar with each other. I don't like missing out ;_;

Someone wrote a human au story about them.

fanfiction.net/s/12512237/1/Arcadia-Gays-The-March-Hare-and-the-Green-Thumb

twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/871773113654104064

>There is still room for 3 additional stickers ;)

what did he mean by this

>twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/871773113654104064
maybe some subtle hint that there's 4 more games in the lis franchise being planned.. probably including the prequel/s2

3 more games*** lol oops

There aren't many posters willing to engage in polite discussion. Couple that with one particular asshole attempting to doxx me--luckily they failed--and I haven't been in the best mood. Not to mention my equivalent of Bongo died recently.

I've been posting about the leaks quite a bit. Mostly I've been civil, but then again most of the time I'm only recognizable when I'm at my most vitriolic. There's a good chance we've actually discussed the images without realizing it. I've caught hints of your narrative voice here and there.

Doubt it. He's probably just trying to engage fans and draw more followers before the E3 announcement.

we've gone too far

How on earth does on doxx someone if you post as anonymous? Sounds like much too much effort to me for something so silly.

I'm sorry for your loss. I always found the worst part about losing a pet is that it's harder to discuss with people and people are generally less accepting. So for that, you have my sympathy.

I wouldn't say I have a narrative voice, but I'm me so why would I know. I usually post when I'm tired and I post whiny, depressive and often vague rubbish. Perhaps you recognise that ;)

The only thing ep5 got right was the level art, it looked kino as fuck

Too far into what user?

TOO FAR BACK IN TIIIIMMMEEE

Too far into Chloe's pussy.
>pic related

oh shit i remember this

top kek
>pic related

I just thought of something. The leaks look like a prequel. What if... It isn't?
Maybe they went for the original concept of what if, that is to say showing us a parallel timeline where Rachel wont end up in a bodybag and Chloe will never turn a full punk? And maybe no Pricefield in this timeline either

What do you think characters like Kate, Victoria and Warren are doing in this possible alternate timeline?

>How on earth does on doxx someone if you post as anonymous? Sounds like much too much effort to me for something so silly.

Some people genuinely hate me on this board. It wouldn't be to hard. I won't say how, but with a little effort I could probably doxx an user.

Thanks. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I was getting ready to move her back in with me. To make matters even worse, her death forced me to talk to my family again. Overall it was a pretty shitty situation. I haven't felt that bad since I finished LiS for the first time, which was around when I became estranged from my family.

It's more the use of flowery language, coupled with the thesis behind your arguments. There's a reason I thought you were someone around my age and an American. You would've fit in with a lot of people I grew up around in the 90's/00's.

That's an interesting angle, but I don't see it as a possibility. Too much would've had to change. Max would've had to go back in time, kill herself and somehow save Rachel in the process.

Plus, Chloe always had some punk element regardless of timeline.

Same stuff, but without Max around.

It seems that LiST is free for PS4 users now. I wonder if that will affect the % of the endings.

LiS*

>but with a little effort I could probably doxx an user.
I'll keep on your good side then. Not that you would find much of interest.

I'm sorry about all that. Sounds tough to say the least. I hope you have supportive people for you.

Never really considered my language particularly notable, but it has been moulded by essay writing now so perhaps it is going somewhere. And I tend to drone and drag on conversations with anons, so you have that too.

And I never really thought I fitted in anywhere. But I have always liked the culture of the 90's/early 00's - looking back, of course - I was far too young to remember them to any significant degree.

As a fan of LiS and Mirrors Edge, this is officially my new favorite look for Chloe

we should ban the aussies when the new game comes out

Life is Edge.

What have they done wrong?

she looks good

As a fan of LiS and Mirror's Edge, this is one of the worst things I ever laid my eyes on. What the fuck

Probably won't change that much, because most of the casuals will end up getting bored by the end of episode 1

why tho

The gang goes on a field trip

Lovely picture

Did the Life is Strange Arc System Works fighting game get leaked yet? I want to pick Victoria and use my Courtney and Taylor assist

I love this webm so much

>Not maining Mad Max
pleb

Max is a cheap character she has an invisible projectile and for one bar of meter she can reverse the last 10 seconds of a round

Mad Max with Chloe as her assist is the objectively best pick.

Ready to fucking thrash

>not picking Chloe and doing sick bullet ricochet combos