/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #784 - Everynody needs a buddy edition.

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Sonic is slow and a rat.

fast

BATS ARE ASLEEP POST KNUCKLES

Literal wall of OCs.

>Unlike Sonic I don't fucking lose every time

>Everybody needs a buddy.
THANKS FOR REMINDING ME I HAVE NO FRIENDS ;_;

>OCs
>Original

Your falling into his trap, user! Don't look at it, it's like Medusa except with bad writing instead of stone!

Leave and don't come back until you made a friend.

Rude!

You mean a wall of Knuckles, right?

He lost though.

>this makes Amyfags salty

You guys are my Buddies

They're overrated anyway.

I'm a Sonally fag, but I'm glad it's fucking gone

I'm glad the drama is gone but it went from lots of good interaction to almost no interaction, so I'm not.

rats are fast and cute

The problem was, for every good interaction they had that came close to capturing what made Sonally at least bearable to begin with, there's at least 15 moments that make it into this soap opera drama shit that has them both act retardedly out of character (Yes Sonally in and of itsef, if it gets serious, has Sonic automatically out of character, but there is a way to maintain it). Ironically, the few moments from the reboot they had extended interaction did manage to capture what made it likable in the hands of Gallagher and Decesare. The fact that it was never super serious or super dramatic. Yeah they're dating but A: it never gets super serious, and B: They know when to put it aside for the greater good and never let things get out of hand.

It was cute, it was fun, I liked it. It's like Boom Sonamy in a way. He likes her, she likes him, that's all ine and good, but the world doesn't revolve around it

After that clip from Boom, I'm surprised SonAmyfags haven't gone crazy.

MENACING!

And how many of those good moments are after Flynn took over and how many of those bad moments were before he took over? Saying being in a relationship automatically causes Sonic to be OoC is cow shit.
>but it ties him down
Only if the person he's in a relationship chooses to do so and we saw how that situation would ultimately work out. As with most of it after Flynn took over, Sonic was never tied down. At most he was steered.
It just seems that he was too scared of having them interact too closely in fear of being shitposted to death by shippers mostly Amyfags after having Sonic be in no relationship. Not being in one is fine but it was taken too far and they barely talked after the reboot.

At least there was this but it was probably just a friendly outing since Sonic got back together with Sally soon after. In the pre-reboot, Sonally was obviously end-game. I can say that, even as a Sonamy fag.

>And how many of those good moments are after Flynn took over and how many of those bad moments were before he took over? Saying being in a relationship automatically causes Sonic to be OoC is cow shit.
To be fair, in this case it's moreso because it's tying him down to royalty than anything else.

And yeah, a decent amount of those were after Flynn took over, but there were also some cringeworthy moments (Issue 222 and really, EVERYTHING about Iron Dominion come to mind immediately, Ian was pretty bad about pushing the pairing at points)

While it's true he was never ultimately tied down, it still felt off at times. But yeah, wish they got to talk more in the reboot. I liked the scene of him reuniting with her, it was nice.

Sorry if I'm coming off as rambly and disjointed, it's been a long day

Meant to add this.

did someone say amy shitposting? Because I've got here an image of the rare reverse amy.

Here come the enemy

Yeah, it was blatantly obvious. Being a SonAmyfag myself, I don't get why so many SonAmy shippers were pissed about that. Not just because it was clear as day throughout the entire preboot, but because if Amy was in Sally's place in the comic, then all the stupid bullshit probably would've happened with Amy instead. Honestly, they should be happy SonAmy wasn't canon in the old comics, given how much of a trainwreck Sonally was for most of the preboot.

Wouldn't it be cool if in Sonic Forces you see the entire resistance at some point and it consisted of all of the characters that players around the world made? Like if you have Internet connectivity enabled on your Switch/PS4/etc. at some point the game grabs a list of say 100-200 random characters and then displays them in some interesting way. Sort of like Miiverse or something. Maybe in a cutscene towards the end of the game or whenever the 'big fight climax' happens.

If the game truly has a more serious tone than the past few games, there might be some sort of message/moral/theme they want to convey too like in Sonic and the Black Knight or Sonic Rush. Since the tagline was "Join the Resistance" and the custom character looks kind of plain and unremarkable, I think the message (if there is one) will be something along the lines of "anyone can make a difference; you don't have to be special or famous to help a cause" or something like that. If that's the case, I think showing other players' characters will really hammer that message in. Buddy truly is some rando off the street who decided to do something. He's not some special guy. He's not famous like Sonic. He's just some dude.

Of course I'm probably totally wrong about all of this but it's fun to theorize

Adding onto this, Bollers was going to make it canon in the worst way possible, so Sonamy fags really did dodge a gigantic fucking bullet

Interesting.

strike them down

>because it's tying him down to royalty than anything else
And? Even in the shitty future arcs, Sonic didn't do shit. Sally did the diplomatic work since it's something she knew how to do and well. He was just a figurehead and it's a position I think he would take up some decades in the future in order to guide the next generation. Now that I think about it, him and Sally had kids when they were 40 in the second arc. Weird.
The only times it really felt off was when he went out of his way to butter her up when there was no real need to.

I forgot, how was he going to do it?

sticks and sonic standing in a room kay eye ess ess....

That sounds like a good idea, so it won't happen.

>literally all coldsteels and ridiculous characters
Pass.

>And? Even in the shitty future arcs, Sonic didn't do shit. Sally did the diplomatic work since it's something she knew how to do and well. He was just a figurehead and it's a position I think he would take up some decades in the future in order to guide the next generation.
I suppose you're right. Just feels...wrong to have him in a position like that. Like, I'd accept royal ambassador because it'd allow him to travel aound and do his thing. I'm doing a really shitty job making my point
Have them travel to Little Planet, get stranded, and kiss

Hey guys

I get what you're trying to say. You think it'd turn into a Simon the Digger type deal where he held the position but wasn't cut out for and didn't want to do the work. The difference is that Sonic didn't have to do any of the work. For all we know he took his kids on adventures and still traveled the world regularly.

>Sonic and Amy becoming a couple and keeping it from Sally
>All the retarded drama that undoubtedly would've followed
Fuck that. The shit that happened with Sonic & Sally was bad enough, but that idea? No thanks. I'd much rather stick with the cute interactions they had in the reboot.

Thankfully that bitchy princess cunt is gone and dead forever.

Enjoy it while you can. Knowing our luck, after Forces we're likely to get outright bestiality with a fucking Arin Hanson cameo.

That escalated quickly. Where'd you get that from?

I still prefer her over Elise.

>Kissing Sonic in front of everyone while Amy just hangs back and watches
Sticks is the alpha.

I wanna smooch that snarl.

I won't say I'm glad Sally's gone (as I kinda thought her reboot self had potential), but I won't miss preboot Sally.

Sticks can kiss Sonic all she wants. Amy's the only one who's gonna be doing more than just kissing him.

>Wondered if you were talking about Blaze, Elise or Sally as image was loading
>Realized that statement applies to any of them.

Hey blaze doesn't deserve that! She's actually a fleshed out character with development and shit.

>Blaze
The other 2 are better off deleted but Blaze is just tsundere.

She's still a bitch, tho

What are the chances of something Sonic Mania being shown at E3?

I would like this to happen

High but I think we've reached the point where I want them to stop showing stuff entirely. I just want to be surprised by the rest of the game now.

Sure, but plenty of people hate her and she is as good as dead, it isn't like she is doing much of anything. Her current situation is the one that triggers the "rage" outlet.

100%

Pretty likely. They'll probably reveal another level. Forces is most likely going to be the main thing they talk about though.

teasing rabid badgers is a good idea

Ok, then at what conference? Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo? or do sega have there own little conference I don't know about?

This is giving me deviantart shipping war flashbacks, pls stop it.

You can show new things/a trailer and NOT be showcased at a conference, you know.

Does anyone else think Eggman's mustache looks just a little like a boomerang?

I don't get it.

It used to be really bad back then. Hell, now it hasn't really improved. Like this picture for example. This is tame compared to everything else I've seen.

Post cute pics of Buddy pls.

How?

Hedgehogs prefer animals that can actually produce milk, Sal.

she really looks nekkid without the vest

>mammal
>can't produce milk

The only reason anyone would hate her would be specifically because she's not sonic, tails or knuckles... fuck that mindset.

Press releases, floor demos, new trailers, etc. There's more to E3 than just watching suits embarrass themselves live.

I can't help but feel we'll just be tricc'd by Sega at E3.

Do you see any nipples on that she-beast.

>forgot how fur works

I expect the final motherload trailer when it comes to Mania, revealing shit we had no idea was in the game, it'll be the big OH GOOD GOD that makes everybody preorder, can just sense they're holding back with Mania, they know they have a gem in there hands.

With fur that skin tight? Please.

user, they're cartoon characters. They don't have visible genitals unless it contributes to the narrative, which is to say, never.

zzzz

Sleep tight bune.
Sleep tight hog.
Sleep tight squirrel and compuper.

oh no a rapist has found cream's window

You broke into the wrong house mutherfucker.