/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz (embed)

>Patch notes (OB51)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?41993

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

paladins.guru/profile/pc/SturmfuhrerHans
mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
youtu.be/L99OdS5X60E
reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/6ca8r7/how_hirez_handles_hacking_accusations/
youtube.com/watch?v=3fcfWwPLR6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to look into Fernando's eyes!

Skye is best girl, prove me wrong

I want Drogoz to step on my face!

Fernandoposter is here, so this is my home

was first. migrate

This was earlier by 19 seconds user.

My heart aches dearly for the loss of Super Monday Night Combat. I have never stopped missing it, not even after all these years. There have been many attempts to move on, but ultimately all of them have failed.

How successful will this game be at filling the void?

Why should I choose this /palg/ over the other /palg/? Sell it to me.

we have fernandoposter

This one's got tits in it.

This was made earlier and Fernandoposter posted here.

I need yingposter. I'm only interested in complete sets.

It might be, but it's pretty different. No bots and it's a little less MOBA-like.

Don't forget Evieposter!

Our palg.

Evieposter left. Now we have nobody to fill the void.

Their palg.

The real question is which one mermoco will choose!

so I can go to the other one

Threadly reminder, that Drogoz is the only husbando you'll ever need! he's much cuter than Pip, and much Hotter than Fernando!

Not being a memer here, but Battleborn is closer to SMNC than paladins, if you do enjoy team based shooters with light moba elements and no creeps/NPCs, then Paladins is a great thing to play, I like both.

Basically it's /palg/ with the waifufagging memes vs /palg/ without the waifufagging memes.

wait

which is which tho

seems like the memes are winning

Well the other thread is still at 8 posters, so OP is samefagging there. This one seems to be winning.

Is Drogoz jewish?

>ash and torvald on point in survival
>neither is doing any real damage to the other
>ash gets enough from lifesteal to survive, torvald is always recharging
>torvald ults as ash charges him
>both are pinned to the opposite walls as the fog comes in
>torvald dies

I mean, this one's got 10 posters, so we're not exactly talking about a landslide here. And our respective OP is probably samefagging as well.

Still though. Fernandoposter is the closest thing a /palg/ can have to legitimacy.

He's a lizard.

This is Ying.
She is my wife.

There's apparently some bickering about which new thread to go to, but I say now that we have two, then I should double my efforts to show her my love!

I'm here, user. How could I not?

Other thread is ded now.

I'm tired of Paladins and I don't like Overwatch. Please, recommend me a game to replace this shit. Free to play and not dead.

played against this faggot today
paladins.guru/profile/pc/SturmfuhrerHans
>mains hitscans,mostly victor with hipfire
>top 10 players in the paladins guru
>looking up his name, see videos of his gameplay
He plays like a complete shitter with questionable aiming, yet sometimes his aim is perfect. am I going crazy or is he a cheater? I seriously can't tell from both matches and recordings. help, palg.
(Hi-Rez won't do shit, and plebbit will scream "REEEE WITCH HUNTING" but I just want to know.)

pretty cinematic tbqh

I will cite as being correct here. Battleborn is the closest thing to SMNC on the market right now, so you owe it to yourself to see if it scratches that itch. It's kinda ded, but it recently went f2p and that might be the jolt it needs.

Courtesy of /shmupg/
mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

I recommend Mars Matrix and Darius Gaiden

I HAVE MADE MY DECISION

He seems to be a cheater. It's hard to prove, but it's super suspicious the way he acts, looking at walls that only make sense if he's wallhacking or on a 120 degree fov, getting long chains of headshots on a moving target while also moving. He makes a lot of stupid mistakes that seem to show he's not actually any good at the game, he just cheats.

>mastery rewards fucking gutted
>quests say they give 750 gold but only give 500 now
>harder to buy cosmetics you want
>basically forced to complete skin sets if you don't want to waste Chest rolls
>pedestals look like shit and have a pointless blue flame effect

when will evie get nerfed back to where she can be cauterized through her ice block

>>quests say they give 750 gold but only give 500 now
No fucking way

Battleborn. But really hold on till Friday for the new champ.

How about any debuffs have their timers "frozen" while she's in the block? Then if you get caut 3 on her, she doesn't really heal, but you have to actually hit her before she goes in.

pedestal chest soon user ;)
i have no idea what the fuck they're doing.
hopefully come friday things might change

>quests say they give 750 gold but only give 500 now
You've gotta be kidding.

>>quests say they give 750 gold but only give 500 now
you lie

>He makes a lot of stupid mistakes that seem to show he's not actually any good at the game, he just cheats.

I think this is the most damning part. It's really easy to see what you want to see when you think someone might be a cheater, so I'm not usually inclined to buy the "oh the way he looks around is like he's got a wallhack" unless it's really blatant.

But this dude clearly sucks. You can see time and again that his situational awareness and reactions are utter shit, yet he's apparently second-to-none on the technical side of things when it comes to landing consistent headshots. He just doesn't seem to act how a good player acts, he merely pulls results out of nowhere.

At least three other people that I have seen, have bitched about him here. He's obviously a blatant hacker.

average pip player

Reminder that hirez only bans for cheating if a streamer reports someone(even if they aren't cheating) or if you make a montage to show off their cheating

video proof when

I wonder how low you can get an elo
someone make a new account and purposely lose every single match to see what happens

look his nickname up, there are some recordings on YT

I completed a quest today. Checked my activity log and it said I received a FWOTD and 500 gold. Either they've already changed it or they're planning to change it and accidentally revealed it.

I dunno. I feel like if you remove Iceblock wiping all debuffs, you turn it from a "mostly useless" ability into a "completely useless" ability whenever she's not running Reprieve.

I mean, that just kind of leads into the larger problem that the Legendary system is horrifically busted in more ways than one, but I assume we're brainstorming a quick rebalance as opposed to waiting for Hi Rez to un-shit the bed at some point down the line.

there's some guy on guru that has -400~ or so elo last time i checked
forgot his username tho

If they do go through with it, there will be blood, I'm sure. They already cut it back from 1k, making it an even 1/2 that will not be taken well.

I want to check, but I don't want to actually play this patch. Life's hard

just did, I don't see how anyone could not think this is blatant aimbotting
youtu.be/L99OdS5X60E

why are they doing this
even if we're going for the "milking the last drops from the cashcow" angle, doing wreckless things like making legendaries unable to be disenchanted, removing mastery rewards, reducing gold gains from fwotd's and now HALVING the gold you earn from quests is just shooting yourself in the leg. with a shotgun

i refuse to believe the boys at the studio are naive enough to do all of this and have genuine well-meaning intentions for the game

didn't mean to quote, mb

>Video almost 2 weeks old
>He played a match 4 hours ago
What did hi-rez mean by this?

>the boys at the studio are naive enough to do all of this and have genuine well-meaning intentions for the game
We'll have to see how the next patch goes.

They actually think EAC would fix things, and have no server-side checks for this stuff. Cheating doesn't seem like a priority at all.

Maybe their shotgun is as shit as Buck's.

>Bought Founder's pack way back in September so I've had everyone
>Have not played Sha Lin a single goddamn time
>Finally try him out
Hot damn this nigga is fun. My aim sucks but this is actually kind of cool.

they meant this it's not even a joke here's them banning some guy for cheating because a streamer reported him reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/6ca8r7/how_hirez_handles_hacking_accusations/ they denied his ban appeal saying that they had reliable proof that he was cheating, he makes a reddit thread gets 1000 upboats and hirez finally unbans him because he didn't actually cheat

here's a montage someone made of a couple cheaters youtube.com/watch?v=3fcfWwPLR6Y can't remember how long it took for lorez to actually do anything about these guys

hasn't hirez already started working on a new game in a different genre?
I think we all know what's coming soon user...

I wouldn't really trust the Activity Log you know considering the fact that it's still buggy as shit. I'd still get random "You get 500 gold" from time to time after completing a match. Maybe it's from Mastery 2/3 rewards.
Maybe someone should try to do a quest and report back here.
Not like anyone still has their quests available.

They already have multiple games of different genres. I wonder if the Smite Clash Royale clone is still being made.

Reminders that Paladins started in 2012, Aurum Project, when Smite was just in Beta. Don't freak out. Whatever this project is it probably won't be in Closed Alpha until at least 2019.

>tfw all these people complaining about the gold nerf
>tfw I have all heroes, 40k golds and played only 30 matches since open beta without the founder pack

haha memestacks so much fun haha

At least it's only a few elo each loss.

Man, Ash's woohoo sounds so bad, like she is out of breath and dying

someone explain to me what "memestacking" is

Kinda fits her, emotionless oracle after all. But then again, she sounds so scared when she says "be careful, enemies behind us" and etc so I don't even know.
At least it's not as awkward as Inara's. "OH YEAH."

fuck. thought seris not ash. mb. brain dead today.

>Have a close as fuck and intense game
>Get to final round
>OVERTIME
>Both teams fighting tooth and nail for the win
>Suddenly the mostly ineffectual Skye comes out of nowhere
>DIMES DIGGING :DDD
I hate that slut god damn. I know she's garbage but damn that shit really salts my slug.

That feeling when you forgot to get Resiliance and you trip on all the Kinessa Mines....

Is this a bad time to get into the game? I have a shit laptop and looking for a new comp MP game to get into but it seems like everyone is just bitching about stuff.

>tfwywnsyb

Honestly, wait until the next patch preview. I'd they'll unfuck it, then go for it.
Also optimization in the game is pretty shit at the moment, so that may or may not influence your decision as well.

Well I already played a couple matches and I run it fine but I don't want to commit to a game if it's quickly going down the drain.

Honestly though, I just want to play it for a couple months because I'm saving up to get a real computer and I'll be moving on to other games most likely. Besides the currency thing everyone is complaining about is the game balance absolutely fucked or some other shit? I'm not trying to get into super serious comp or anything, I'm just tired of playing CoD2 as my main MP game.

Why is Skye considered bad? Her damage is pretty decent, smoke cloud is great most of the time, and she runs around the map at sanic speed

It's not really going quickly down the drain. It's just 1 bad addition in a generally good patch.
The game is balanced and patched quite frequently as well, like once every 2 weeks.

Anybody know if cc reduction cards stack with resilience against Ash and her knockbacks?

The game is doing somewhat all right, its just the currency is a problem. It sort of turns into a grindfest, if you want to own everything.But if not, I think you can play just fine. I'd still reccomend waiting until next patch though,because its HiRez we are talking about.

>implying 40k gold is even a lot
Enjoy buying a few characters with that and then having to grind forever to get more gold and essence.

I can't believe I have to wait 5 more account levels before it starts balancing my matches by ELO
I won this match and I'm still salty, please get me out of here
Watching teammates with no spacial awareness is the worst sort of torture

What's that? A Victor on the ledge above us, you say? Sorry friend, I only believe in one dimension - up and down are fake news. There is definitely a ghost shooting at me, though. Probably my perfectly flat father back from his perfectly flat grave to show his perfectly flat disappoint in how bad I am at videogames.

>t. Kusqt

>Constantly end up in Ash mirrors
>Establish my dominance over them every time
They never buy Resilience, I always do.

>30k essence
>1k crystals
>0 gold

thanks lo-rez

Goddamn getting flanked by Willo with Ying is suffering
>seedling nearby
>dimensional link puts me near the enemy
>dimensional link again puts me back near the seedling
It's always so fucking fast and unexpected too, unlike grumpy bombs
Plus with dead zone i barely get heals from illusionq

>fire up paladons
>10 losing streak
>switch to rocket league
>get matched against autists who hit aerials consistently and accurately
>10 losing streak

send help

>androxus on my team completely ignores drogoz
>he's literally flying above us killing everyone and andy's just sniping their sha-lin
>call him out on it
>"dude it's casual who cares"

losing streak
Find people to play with.

when are they going to stop adding champs that literally do not have to aim

I'm tired of having my health slowly drained because the enemy ash decided to hold down m1

Basically everyone ignores comp so just get to a high elo.

No vertical movement and no real movement ability. Good players will be expecting her and she's worthless against a team since they'll be communicating where she is/was.
And it doesn't help that her invisibility can be countered and you don't need to see her to hit her, I've killed invisible skye pretty often by just spraying left to right a bit after she runs away.

What about getting good?

why would they get good when they can literally press a button and deal damage to everyone around them

that makes no sense

Ash doesn't even deal that much damage