Have any of you faggots purchased a car from another part of the United States and got it shipped to you?

Have any of you faggots purchased a car from another part of the United States and got it shipped to you?

I found a super clean, bone stock, rust free 240sx in California and I live in New England and I'm 75% sure I'm going to purchase it.

Would you recommend any specific company to use, that charges under $1500?

Or you could schedule a nice trip to California and come back with the car.

I was thinking about that as well. Would it actually be cheaper tho?

I've never driven cross country but it sounds fun

As long as you fly out there and come back with the car it should be cheaper than shipping however that really depends on gas mileage and if your willing to sleep in your car in a dennys parking lot

And even if you opt for the luxurious Super 8 it might be a bit more expensive, but far more memorable. And it could still possibly be cheaper depending on how efficiently you make it back.

>Have any of you faggots purchased a car from another part of the United States and got it shipped to you?
Yes
>Would you recommend any specific company to use, that charges under $1500?
I'd honestly recommend just flying out and driving it home, it's what I should've done in the first place.

It may be cheaper in terms of money but it definitely won't be cheaper in terms of time. If you've never made a cross country trip it could be a fun memory but otherwise have that fucker shipped. I've taken a two day drive before and it was a massive fucking PITA, and then I had the return trip too.

With a quick search its about $200 for a flight out to California. plus $500 and some change for the actual drive (pic related) and thats not even including food lol.

so I'm already around $700

Im stumped bro's I mean I want to drive across the parts of America I've never seen but also I kinda want to ship it and just be over with it haha

>I kinda want to ship it and just be over with it haha

Do whatever is most feasible for you, I just recommend driving it yourself because I had a bad experience with crackhead delivery drivers who said they would be at the pick up location at a certain time and not showing up, and because of how the driver routes work there wasn't another pick up available for a week.

Just drive it you fucking numale fuccboi.

Yeah I heard about drivers being extremely sketchy. Really my only problem driving it back home would be the plates/registration. I'd ask the seller if I could use his plates for the drive home and then mailing it back to him when I arrive home. But if he says no I'm kinda screwed.

What do I do in that situation? Insurance isn't a problem but I don't want to drive across America without any plates

yeah yeah Im thinking about it mayne.

ROAD TRIP

>plates/registration
When you go to the DOL to transfer the title just ask if you can buy a temporary pass, it's like not even $20/day and you can get up to a week at least here in WA.

>expecting a car you've never even seen in person to go further than 100 miles without work and putting yourself totally at the mercy of it being able to do so
You people sure do like living on the edge.
Just fucking ship it, if it takes a month then it takes a month. You don't have any deadlines.

true but some people like adventures user.

ill check it out for you just post the ad here. I got my 240 around 2 months ago for $7k and 60k miles.

located around the San Francisco area btw

I was about to ask you for a throw away email but this car is pretty damn far for you. its in Orange County lol.

Thank you for the offer though. I def would've sent some cash your way if you were closer

def go ask in one of the socal meetup threads

should i trust one of them wont just buy it out from under me tho?

A trip would be nice and 'maybe' save money, but you have to consider that the car may still have some issue that could creep up on you halfway to home, and you'd be royally fucked. Unless you can have it fully inspected and prepped for a long trip before taking it cross-country, you probably should just ship it.

I live in VA, and I was seriously considering an AMC eagle straight i6 in Ohio, but I just couldn't justify driving it home not knowing it's mechanical condition, even though it seemed perfectly intact from my research.

>pita
>falafel

I live in Texas and bought an FD from Nevada about 9 months ago. It cost just over $600 total and took less than 2 weeks to arrive (including the time between paying the company and the car being picked up). If you're fine with your car being absolutely caked in dirt by the time it reaches you, shipping is a good option.

However, I DO NOT recommend shipping a car you haven't seen in person. In my case, I had already flown to Nevada to check out and test drive the FD.

>As long as you fly out there and come back with the car

not him, but what about registration and plates etc?