Eve Online General /eog/

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".
>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg (embed) (embed)

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9 (embed) (embed)

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>Previous thread

best

>What race should I pick?
Gallente for drones (PvE).

>Should I mine to get some ISK?
No. FW is something that can be done immediately, and it pays like 40M/hr, vs. 5M in a Venture. It's another reason to pick Gallente. The Catalyst ship has 8 gun slots and some of the best early game DPS. Medium complexes are good pay, but the rat requires like 225-240 DPS for quick clears. The stabilizer fit is an option, but it's expensive, and low DPS until skills are up. I would just pay attention through a single Medium before running a stabilized fit. Recons don't show on Dscan, so that may come as a problem, but if you're aligned as often as possible and paying attention to the field, it's simple enough to just warp out ('cause cruiser lock speed). There's no reason to join low level militias. They flip as they get farmed.

This DPS is with GalDes III. The stabilizer fit requires Hybrid Rigging III for power grid.

Thanks Kevin

Amarr's.

LP for a Medium.

It's like 20-60M ISK if Gallente/Minmatar militias are still lvl 3.

>Amarr

Why do people rat with Geckos? Isn't the omnidamage bad for ratting?

geckos being retardedly overpowered makes it ok

They are hardly any better

CODE is doing god's work.
It's a pity you can't Vietnam kspace systems, because if you could, I'd be doing it in James 315's name.

Yeah, those risk-adverse high sec miners should be more like nullsec miners and dock up any time a neut enters the system. So much better.

>he unironically wastes his time on miners when he could gank retarded freighter pilots and make money for zero work

If I could Vietnam (spawn a load of Drifter Battleships which then start warping all over the system looking for players to kill and pod) popular highsec systems, then they wouldn't be able to undock at all.

And, IMHO, there should be no one older than a month mining in highsec.

They are worse but they have pretty good speed and tracking. It also forces you to use mediums too and they also have good speed and tracking.

>there should be no one older than a month mining in highsec
>in this sandbox

lol

Out played CODE the other day. They tried to gank my incursion boat. Held cloak they had to bounce then burnt back to gate. Two of them got concorded and I continued on my way.

CODE is kinda strange, they're willing to sacrifice their ship for le salt/messing with miners, yet they still care about killboard isk efficiency? As evidenced by leaving the somewhat tanky miners to AFK in peace. ?

>wanting cowards to jew all day where they can't be harmed.

At least sovnull miners have to leave system with the rest of their alliance when they lose sov, and can be interdicted or ambushed by stealth bombers.

>I did nothing

well played high tier highsec pvp

>and can be interdicted or ambushed by stealth bombers.
Except for the ones that dock up as soon as anyone not blue to them enters system, which is most nullbear miners/ratters. Seriously, the idea that living in null somehow makes you a cut above highsec shitters who do the exact same risk-adverse shit is absurd.

I would argue nullbears are more risk averse because intel.

When the new changes to mining hit, they will have to move around the region they're in, and we can grab them in gatecamps when they try to move.

>assuming anyone pays attention to intel

>how dare you not feed me free kills

Get rekt code pleb.

Also so much for fighting afk gameplay :^)))

>Deplete colossal anom in system A
>Dock your mining ship
>Hop in interceptor
>Scout system B for neuts
>No neuts? Go back to system A, get mining ship, move it to system B
>Continue as usual
Nothing will change.

but I'm not in code

People will just logoff or if they are in bad timezones, they just gonna quit.

>cap ratting in the subcap ratting system
Can somebody come nuke this guy or something?

It would be entirely possible to use a spy to drop a catch bubble between the anom and citadel, or drop a mobile warp disruptor at a similar point when the system's empty. Either way, once we enter system, they warp back to station, get caught in a bubble and massacred.
But either way, local is a fucking free intel channel, and needs to be nerfed.

>muh scary local is preventing me from having effortless kills boo hoo :(

It's the only 100% accurate intel source in the game, and as someone who lives in w-space, you're all fucking retards for needing it to survive.

Sure, name the system and character.

>ugh no, local prevents kills
>check zkill
>full of kills
Maybe you are just shit at the game

Or maybe the people getting killed are.

New to mining. What's the actual average a skiff or procurer earns in null? With crystals and boosts it hovers at 30m/hr and a bit above, but if youre not cherrypicking wouldnt they go down to like 25m?

Do Mercoxit

>mfw my wormhole corp gives me 100m/hr for watching the exit to the rest of the chain when they're C5 ratting

t. Rorq miner who wants people to clear mercoxit for him

>memecoxit

It's the most profitable ore. It's meanigless to mine anything else if you just want money. And if ccp does the autistic 4h respawn it's gonna be the only thing left anyway.

Shit isk/m3

'Undertaker' Heavy missile launcher

Rate my shitfit

[Nightmare, Nightmare]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Cap Battery II

Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II

Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Nobody likes it. Actually some rorqs tip people to get someone dealing with that shit.

trash
shit

>not being able to spare the cost of a couple of meals every month on video games

What are you, 12?

It's super cheap on "reporting RMT for PLEX" as well. RMT prices are like 230M/$1.

Hi CCP:

Capital Propulsion Skill Book?
Maybe 5/10/15/20/25% less capacitor required?

Not needed

You're right. Because people literally don't use propulsion mods on capitals outside of mwd warp.

You use a 500mn for that.

You know when you try to argue- make sure that your argument doesn't instantly make your opponents win.

In this instance: You're implying that people don't use capital prop mods. In your naive brain, you think "Wow, I'm about to wreck this nerd, by being right". But you have to understand, by being "right" you're only proving my point. Because I am right.

>retards use cap propmods
>ugh it means im right xD

>continuously paying real money to CCP for a game they don't care about
kys normie scum, you're part of the reason why nothing will ever improve

>having to spend hours every month grinding to keep on playing
How does it feel being such a cuck.

>spend hours every month grinding

Maybe you're just shit

>in every game p2w fags are viewed as absolute idiots
>eve p2wfags: "ugh look how elite i am!"

>implying I even grind anything

People who spend vast amounts of money on PLEX for ships are the laughing stock of literally everyone. Especially when they're fucking shit (see: Pohds).

I pay the fucking subscription because I'd rather be doing things I enjoy instead of grinding. EVE isn't the only game I play.
And when you get down to it, I'd rather spend a small portion of the $350 I get a month from my parents for being a full-time university student than waste time doing shit that's fucking boring. Especially now that PLEX is getting even more expensive, something you cucks brought upon yourselves by not paying the sub.

>brought upon yourselves by not paying the sub

You aren't very good at the video game if conjuring the meager amount of isk it takes to keep playing is so difficult for you. Please learn to play before making broad statements.

Almost all PLEX comes from whales(Like that moron Pohds), and there are only so many of them. Also, more people are moving towards plexing their accounts as time goes by. Limited supply, and massive demand that's always increasing. Which means, according to Economics 101, the price is just going to keep going up and up.

Sure, I could plex my account if I wanted to, but I don't need to, and not doing it means I get to fly much more expensive shit and/or inject more often.

You can literally extract SP every month and make a profit while staying subbed. That takes zero effort or grinding.

Or are you one of those low SP newfags who can't help themselves but post about how proud they are to spend their parents' money on a shitty spaceship game. Feel free to fuck off anytime.

>complaining about high plex prices while paying for a sub
the fuck? you dont plex and care about plex prices? neat faggotry

I'm not complaining about high plex prices. I want them to go up and stay there.

But of course, because in that case you'll get more isk from dumping the plex you purchase with cash.

Also because I hate highsec, and aside from incursions, which seriously need a nerf, it has the worst income sources, meaning that the people who live there get hit the worst by plex prices rising.

I'm flying around a Catalyst with 125mm Railgun I's equipped with antimatter. I keep getting my ass kicked on level 2 security missions. What can I do to jack up my DPS, or at least my range? I just started a week ago so I'm not loaded out with a lot of skills yet, but I do have 15 million space bucks to spend.

>I have an autistic grudge against hisec because someone stole my site years ago

Get a t1 exploration frigate and make dank isk

I have a grudge against highsec because too many people live there, every miner or mission runner in highsec is one less soft target out lowsec/null/w-space, and because cowards hiding in their safe spaces is half of the reason Elite Dangerous burnt me out, which was why I switched to EVE. Seriously, what kind of fucking MMO has a fucking solo mode, instancing, and random subsystem stat ups/downs?

post fit and explain how you're getting your ass kicked

Not him but capital prop mods aren't used as often on carriers as they are on super carriers. One reason is that they use fuck tons of cap. I see they get used on super capitals a lot for slow boating out if bubbles and stuff. I occasionally see them on regular carriers probably because they don't have a siege or triage module any more to keep them still

I keep going into missions where I get swarmed with projectiles that have a range of 50 km, but I have to get within 15 km to stand a chance of piercing their shields. I've dealt with it by killing one guy at a time and then activating my microwarpdrive to get some distance so I can repair my armor.

maybe try moving up to thorax

Would using command destroyers to boosh the enemy away from the wormhole give my side the advantage in wormhole fleet PVP?

You're locked to a single type of damage so try to stick to shit that's weak against that. Its also easier to tank.

Yes, obviously.

>wormhole fleet pvp

what did xhe mean by this

Try orbiting them with an afterburner. Keep in mind that you are vulnerable when you're approaching the target because no transversal.

Yes. It's not easy to pull off though, your enemies kinda have to "let" you do it

So if you keep it cloaked until the battle has taken the majority of their attention, then decloak and take them on Mr. Bones' Wild Ride(which is what I'm calling all of my command destroyers from now on), what are the chances they'd notice it and realise what was going on before it could spin up?

'Radical' Damage control

Someone will call you out over comms or broadcast you so it just depends on how fast they can switch primaries

So tank it to the nines and take drugs?

Can finally sit in a manticore, should I go for Astero next then work towards Hound and Prurifier or go for the racial frigate V's first?

Train support skills first. There isn't much variation between bombers, so it's a lot better to be good with one bomber rather than mediocre with all 4.
Though the Manticore is the best choice most of the time, so unless you're going to be dropping a lot of bombs you don't need the other 3.

astero is fairly pointless you can already fly a buzzard

But I can't gank other exploration frigates stealing my relic sites/herons trying to murder me with hobgoblins in a buzzard, I could atleast send out a few drones and retaliate while I flew a heron, can't with a buzzard.

that doesn't even happen though

It's happened twice while I explored W-hole space,
>fly into tight debris field to hack a chest
>get decloaked
>right when heron shows up on grid
>instead of fleeing like I thought he would he sends out his three hobgoblins
>bumping into shit trying to get enough room to cloak up
>drones right on top of me
>forced to warp to safe spot

Fly an astero then

It really depends on the group. It's a viable tactic but it won't work 100% of the time.

Also, you can't really be cloaked and close to other ships at the same time

>Almost all PLEX comes from whales(Like that moron Pohds), and there are only so many of them.
There are lots of players with displosable income who fund their PVP by selling PLEX. I'm a NEET who grinds all his Isk and it often feels like i'm in the minority. In my corp there are both whales who don't have a problem dropping a few thousand usd on PLEX to buy a Titan (and they often already make 10b+ per month but just want more Isk) and guys that sell a couple bil worth of PLEX each month.

oneiros

>if you want a serious answer train gallente