Should i get a 3.8 V6 Firebird? If not what are some good and fast alternatives for around 10k?

Should i get a 3.8 V6 Firebird? If not what are some good and fast alternatives for around 10k?

V8 or bust, don't be a cuck.

This, don't be that guy

Subaru plus mods

>10k
>Wants a V6 firebird
I would pay no more than $1000 for a V6.
Get an LS1 car or don't buy one at all.
Don't trust a iron-block V8 in one if you're buying it, it can be difficult to tell if it's a 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0.

Don't listen to these V8 fags OP
They all either ride the bus or are just looking down on you for wanting something economical and fast because "muh American heritage" or "muh extra 100 horsepower needed because I need to overtake 3 semis at once"
If it looks good take it wether it's a V6 or a V8 that's what I did with my mustang and I'm happy with it

This is reason why you want v8.
If you get v6, you will spend entire day justifying poor purchase.

It's okay to be gay but don't try to convert an innocent OP.
He's already a step above you in looking at an F-body instead of a mustang.

would a V6 be ok with a manual?

>V6
>Firebird

Nah, bro.

I had the opportunity to buy a 94 Firebird with ~100k miles on it with a V8. Guy wanted no less than 4k cash. Thing was a piece of shit.

Anyway, get a G6 GTP or something. I just bought one and while I had a budget of 10k, I only spent 3.5k on my GTP. 90k miles, fully loaded interior, coupe, 6speed, and a 3.9l V6. Love it.

I hope you're not trying to pay more than 3k for a V6 firebird. I'm selling my 99 TA with 67k with heads/cam/intake for 10k.

Other good quick non-ancient cars in the price range:
GTO (especially LS1 gtos)
C5 Corvettes
new edge mach 1's and non-terminator cobras.
05-10 mustang gt's too. Not so much great cars to mod as an LS car but they're cheap and pretty reliable now.

Caliber SRT4s.
Cobalt SS (stick to the turbo ones)

those are some of my suggestions. You don't have to spend 10k on all of them to get a nice one of those either.

Nothing wrong with cobalt ss supercharged.

Easy way to save $2000 vs the used turbo models.

>feels the need to justify his V6 on an anime forum

Get the V8 OP. Don't be this guy

Is that your car in the pic? If you weren't across the country I'd consider buying that.

yeah it is, but i honestly see a lot of them around this price. This is the time of year to buy one.
Where are you located?

Get an LS3 with anything wrapped around it.

10k should be enough for a clean v8 unless u live somewhere shitty

Michigan. A lot of the ones by me are "collector" vehicles going for $18k+. Most are auto and convertible which I don't want.

Meant to quote

This guy couldn't be more right. My current 2010 SS has an ls3 and those are around 20k in good shape now. If you can't afford it a v6 firebird is fine. That was actually my last car. Don't listen to the fags who will tell you v8 or bust. The v6 late 4th gens make 200 hp and 225 lb-ft and while they aren't super fast they are definitely not slow. That being said do not pay more than 3k for a v6 model. No more than 10k for a v8 firebird. Pic related my old firebird v6.

forgot pic.

>Don't listen to the fags who will tell you v8 or bust.
I bought a LS1 car with a built trans for $4k. It was 4k because it had fucked paint.
A 5k F-body should look decent and run well, and it'll be plenty fast.

>$10k
>buying a V6

Buy any roller and put a built small block in it.

Nice z/28 mang. I was just saying a v6 late model 4th gen is a fine car but not to pay over 3k for one. A v8 model in good shape for 4k is a pretty good deal. Dat LS.

Used corvette

Damn thats nice

This so fucking much. Just read all that bullshit he has to spew every time someone bad mouths his puny V6 trash.

V6/t-top/manual is more enjoyable than v8/convertible/auto. Manual gets more street cred even if it's a v6. Drive stick or eat a dick.

>V6
>Mustang
>happy with it
Sure you are
Not for that much. You might want to consider the Trans Am/Formulas or even the 4th gen Camaro SS for a bit more than $10K

I got my 02 WS6 M6 for around $10k. Could find a non-WS6 for quite a bit cheaper, and an LT1 model even cheaper. You could easily find a very clean LT1 f-body for $5k~