ITT: dumbest intersection you have to deal with daily

ITT: dumbest intersection you have to deal with daily.

The most annoying intersections are those where hundreds of people have to make a left and the left turn lane is designed for maybe 10 and only 5 of them are able to turn every light. When I lived in Tucson getting on I-10 south was such a nightmare on any day except Sunday that I'd almost never drive anywhere in that direction.

None of the directions in this clusterfuck are clearly marked - you just get in a lane and hope the person in front of you understands the flow of traffic.

>None of the lights are synchronized
>Sometimes light 2 will be green but 1 will be red.
>Sometimes 3 will be green but 1 will be red.
>It is impossible to truly go through 2 without fearing youre going to block the intersection
>Everybody stops when making the right on red at light 3, even though you can literally only have complete right of way
>This intersection is either the beginning or the end of a 10 mile journey in which you cannot pass, and everybody goes 10 under for no reason
The man who designed 206 should be shot in the skull.

>Literally every single intersection in this pic is caked in traffic cams
>183 north goes from 2 lanes to 3 lanes then back to 2 in the span of 500 feet
>Each lane at the intersections are turn or straight only lanes
>Always get stuck in the left lane every goddam time
>Have to salvage it by going left, right, then left
>Wait 20 years to get a left turn signal
>Take the left onto 46 then take the next right to main street
>Right on red isnt allowed. It has its own traffic signal
>Wait again to get the right turn onto main street
>Cut through main street and then have to wait forever for cars to clear from nearby traffic light just so I can turn left and get back on track
NJ roads do not make any sense. They did all this bullshit because retards were stopping on the tracks and getting t boned

This. Pic related is just south of the main artery between north Minneapolis and St. Paul, and the UMN campus is down County B to the west. I know it doesn't look all that impressive... See that little tiny left turn area from County B to Snelling? During peak (3-6), County B will be backed up over a mile waiting for people to make this turn. Even worse is that the light is timed so that the left turn goes, then the straight lanes go. So you end up with only 3-5 cars being able to make the turn at a time, while the others sit their blocking the through lane. Hwy 36 is just to the north of all this, and it turns into a damned parking lot during peak as well because a couple of really bad merge areas.

Off peak, I can make the run to or from the office in 8:46 seconds on my donorcycle. It takes anywhere from 20-35 minutes during peak.

You americans and your stupid roads, ffs

Lol this looks what happens when you put a bunch of random roads on Cities: Skylines.

The design being different at every exit combined with being a roundabout in America leads to all sorts of stupid bullshit happening while I'm trying to get through.

Except for the lack of a second lane from Prien to Cove, this looks pretty good. That said, I have no doubt that some truly amazing fuckery happens.

The entirety of the Detroit metro road system.

You leave the roundabout on the right lane, as you're supposed to do, and literally no warning, no sign, no info at all, its a turn lane to the highway with a solid white lane to the rest of the road.

If you drive like you're supposed to, you either end up going to the highway simply because you didn't know the road or you end commit an infraction by crossing the solid line.

>Right on red isnt allowed. It has its own traffic signal

The other side of the intersection is like that, too. You cant breathe at this intersection unless a traffic light gives you permission.

Kek thought the exact same thing

Jesus christ I hate going into downtown. The worst is when I try to go home by M10 and fucking Michigan Ave is STILL A FUCKING PICNIC AREA so I have to re route a few blocks over.

compare that to this standard one yours is better. its designed to be totally idiot proof, someone without a license could do yours with no training, all kinds of fuck ups happen at this one, with training, 30 hours of road code and 37 hours of driving practice plus an exam, and all kinds of black magic fuckery happen here.

Kelley square, Worcester ma. This is why you don't give participation degrees to civil engineer.

One of the many shitty things about Worcester, compiling onto the absolute massive shithole that is Mass.

I have never hated living in a place more in all of my life than Mass.

*blocks your path*

See that fucking exit from the gas station? Guaranteed, every single day, that there will be at least one idiot trying to turn right from that exit in his big-ass truck or SUV who will wind up blocking the center and right turn lanes.
This intersection is also very busy in the morning and there's occasionally some idiot who tries to get into the alley there while the westbound lane is stopped. I've nearly been in accidents because of these idiots pulling out on right-turn reds and just fucking stopping in the middle of the road.

Anyone from Adelaide will know this miserable piece of suffering.

>two arterial roads crossing each other diagonally with one of the busiest train lines in the city going right through the middle of it

Adelaide, again.

This used to be one giant roundabout of death, now it's two minor roundabouts of death. The title of 'most dangerous roundabout in the state' has now been taken by the roundabout in Blackwood.

And here is the Blackwood roundabout.

One tiny roundabout. Five exits. A shit tonne of traffic. Pure terror.

Back when I was a no-car loser, I rode my bicycle through here regularly. I stopped doing that and started using the pedestrian crossings nearby after I got hit by a car for the third time. Oddly enough, all the people who hit me were middle-aged women who weren't paying attention...really activates the almonds.

did I get it right?

More like multiple intersections for me.

>US 90 from Missouri city to Sugarland TX.
>Cruising speed is about 60 mph for everyone
>Multiple intersections though.
>at 3:50am a random mexicunt appears at an intersection light to turn into some random side street that leads NOWHERE
>Traffic signal detects him and halts all traffic to let this shithead turn.
>Traffic flow is fucked for the next couple of miles.

the first couple times I went through this intersection I had to make a detour since i didn't expect i'd have to make a right turn to make a left or vice versa until it was too late

i mean there are signs, but i'm like wtf are the signs saying. It's easier to see with a bird's eye view obviously.

oh fuck me.

Mine is right the hell next to a railroad crossing. It turns into a clusterfuck during rush hour because apparently thats when the trains decide to run as well.

This fucking spaghetti peice of shit all the time. Its like in sum city where the roads all fuck up when you dont drag it right..

better picture here, with my attempt at illustrating different paths. there are seven different major roads that all connect to each other. it'd be impossible to show every path without the map turning into child-like scribbles

Aptly named "spaghetti junction" in Melbourne is the biggest blackspot in Victoria, Australia, by over 3x any other intersection

what gets people killed are that you can anywhere from anywhere with no bridges or tunnels
combined with being in the center of immigrant asian land, Springvale
and that the main arterial road thats not a toll road goes through it (SE/NW)

the lights take fucking forever so people are inclined to run red lights

where the fuck is this? it looks like england

This is most confusing junction in country

So many unsynchronised lights, such shitty driving.
It floods sometimes. Feet deep.
The lights often fail completely, leading to what looks like a Hot Wheels set designed to cause T-bone collisions. Because nobody thinks to look. Last time, the middle bit was closed off and it reverted to a roundabout.

Red is cars, cyan is buses only.
> Unsynced lights on what seems to be a random timer
> ALLLL the traffic for one end of town passes through it. Every single bit.
> What's the speed limit? Nobody knows for sure, so they pick their own.
> It's 5:30AM. Do you do 30? 40? 50? 60? 25? Everyone has their own idea.
> Indicatre? Naw.
> Bus lanes everywhere
> Buses stop everywhere
> Contraflow bus lane down one side
> A 4-lane 2-way road was cut down to 2-lane 1-way with a bus lane each direction.
> Heavy traffic locks it solid daily, forcing people to detour miles out of town through a major bottleneck and over a bridge that predates the USA.
> It works better and faster when the traffic lights stop working.

Simister Island.
The STUPIDEST fucking thing I have ever had the misfortune to be forced to drive through. Every. Single. Day.
A 3-level stacked roundabout, which would be p. good if the main through route didn't have to go around a roundabout.
A fucking roundabout ON a motorway. Madness.

Going clockwise around the M60 is a complete ballache as four lanes of traffic gets compressed into 2 to go around it, and the M60 traffic on the roundabout has to compete with traffic going in other directions.
Anticlock gets it a little better as it gets its own slip road that misses the roundabout completely, the downside it is a single lane.
This thing is regularly jammed solid on the roundabout and anticlock slip, and usually a considerable distance on the run up to it in both directions on the M60. And I want to stangle whoever designed this piece of shit every time I get stuck on it.
The single good part is that the markings are spiralled perfectly so it's p. hard to fuck up your turn. However, this is ruined somewhat by not actually being able to see the markings due to everything being covered in cars.

Hail Satan.

I almost never drive to work, but when I do I have to pass through here.
The street on the left is one-way, BUT, there is a bus lane on it that runs in the opposite direction and buses or taxis can just suddenly cut straight through putting the guy turning left in danger.
In addition to that, the guy turning left there doesn't have enough info on traffic signs and sometimes tries to cut into the middle lane when he makes the turn not knowing the road on the upper part of the picture is one-way and that he can use the leftmost lane.

This is an intersection that is incredibly stressful and dangerous if you don't already know it. It's hard to believe, but the pedestrian crossings on this intersection are even more retarded.

THIS MOTHERFUCKING INTERSECTION
EVERY GOD DAMN FUCKING TIME
NO ONE FEELS THE NEED TO SIGNAL IN THE RIGHT LANE WHEN THEY WANT TO GO TO THE LEFT TURN LANE
I ALMOST GET HIT EVERY SINGLE TIME TRYING TO GET INTO THE MIDDLE LANE BECAUSE NO ONE IN THE RIGHT LANE FEELS THE NEED TO TURN ON THEIR BLINKERS, THEY JUST DRIVE THROUGH THE FUCKING LINE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES IN THEIR PORSCHE CAYENNES AND MACANS

it's actually not that bad

I only have one intersection on my commute.

I don't go through any bad intersections, but there is a two laned road with a merge into one that I drive on every day.
There is always some cuntnugget 300 meters back who race ahead in a futile attempt to beat everybody before the merge.
I see close call rearendings every single fucking day, because people want to get to work 2 minutes earlier.

REEE I HATE TRAINS

REEE I JUST WANT TO GET SOME MCNUGGIES

It has traffic lights but they never work. So on rush hours they put traffic agents to try and handle it.
Somehow it works, though