Nobike? Start here:

A2 bikes:
>Meatspin.com

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/05/motorcycle-reliability-and-owner-satisfaction/index.htm
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suzuki_UC125
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dropped ninja >:(

starts in N with clutch in, but when I click into first the bike dies. I'm guessing the clutch is messed up and engaged when I have it pushed in, and when I put it into first it kills it because of the kickstand safety? It rode okay when I dropped into first with the stand up, some white smoke out of exhaust so i guess i have to look for leaks

I bypass the clutch/sidestand switches on my bikes anyway. It's cheap/free and those switches frequently fail and strand bikes.

Nth for >tfw bought 4 Harleys today

>tfw 98% chance of failure within 4 years

>those switches frequently fail and strand bikes.
I drive a bike know to be unreliable, never had to touch that switch after 17 years/145.000km.

what do they define as a problem?
and why is a time period given not kilometers or miles?

seems like fishy data.

>tfw flu
>tfw dry season is coming to an end

>tfw I bought them at auction for inventory and am going to sell them for a fuck ton more than I paid.

I want that street glide tho. 2016 street glide special with 1600 miles. Only paid $16,700 for it.

They give you a fair warning first.

The real devil is the old style R/Rs.

good thing I'm part of the green team.

Finally got around to changing my shitty spark plugs with some really nice ones, which someone actually happened to have in stock, and was as cheap as I could find online. Bike runs 10x better.
Rear tire should be in tomorrow and changed by thursday. While I hate having bought a new tire after only 2 months, at least I get to ride this weekend with no worries, assuming the weather holds.
I have this thought I might not have to work on it for a little while, but every bike I've had, it was always I should change this, I should fix this, I should upgrade this. My brain won't let me take something that works and be happy with it.

>Data are adjusted to eliminate differences linked solely to the age and mileage of the motorcycle

So they sort of deal with the mileage, but still they don't say what the problems were.

YamaHA.

>no shovelheads or evos

ya blew it

>Not being yamaha master race

>they value their bike on reliability
>not on ride quality

Found new riding buddies, rate the ride i did yesterday.

mine has neither haha :')

we hoverbike now

Did you at least take a quick detour for pie

>carpet in garage

nigga what

no detour needed friend, the first stop we made was at julian pie company where the 78 and 79 meet

We tried that about a year ago and they sat in the showroom forever. I really hope we don't get burned on the street 750 with no headlight. All these bikes were repos and whoever defaulted on that one took a whole host of shit off of it. Bars seem a little twisted too. Probably just the forks twisted in the triple tree, easy enough fix. Currently missing the headlight and turn signals with what I'm assuming is the turn signal wiring being cut. Also the horn doesn't work. I knew about the headlight and front turn signals being gone when I bid on it but the other shit was a surprise. Fucking adesa man. Only paid $2500 for it though so fuck it.

Not that guy, but I've seen it before.
What I assume, and what I saw, it's just free carpet leftover or something.
Only downside I ever saw was small parts and shit could be harder to find.

probably gonna get burned on the street 750 because its a street 750. never seen one outside of a dealership test ride or the harley tent at the NHRA US Nationals.

Ah, I've only been out that way like once.
Usually I just get it at the local market, or some friends brought it back.
Pie so good my friend who doesn't like pie likes.

good rides around northwestern chicago land? bike noob going riding with a friend tomorrow. or should i say today

Wee-curious guy from last thread here, fuck different timezones.

Guy named kit-kat asked for my age and size, so I'll just post it here:

I'm 29 yrs old, I'm 6'4" (194 cm) and 286 lbs (130kg).

My teaching bike at bike school was a CBF600, I felt that was really easy to control and was really user-friendly all around, despite having a half-dead clutch.

Eh I see a lot of them out here. bought 2 because they're cheap as hell, both are 2015's, the one in good shape has 1400 miles on it and I got it for $3700 and the one in rougher shape has 23k on the clock and I only paid $2500 for it.

Those bikes are not green.

>Among those bikes needing repair, 45 percent incurred no expense—suggesting that many riders are performing the work themselves or having the bikes repaired under the original manufacturer’s warranty. Of those that did incur out-of-pocket expenses, the average motorcycle repair bill was $342, with the cost being heavily dependent on brand and type. For those brands that we have adequate data on, median repair costs ranged from $269 for Kawasaki to $455 for BMW. Dual-sport/adventure bikes and cruisers were less expensive to repair, costing $313 and $322 on average, and sport touring models were pricier at $383.

consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/05/motorcycle-reliability-and-owner-satisfaction/index.htm

My kawasaki is though :^)

You weigh about as much as my Sym Symba big guy.

>unironically owning a ninja 250+400

ahem

Too poor for the 636?

Tall baby bike in front of "The Room"

Its a good commuter but that's about it. Haven't ridden it since I bought the road star though.

>tfw sweet well maintained California backroads

Nah, bought the 650 5 years ago as a commuter and have ridden it only a handful of times. Owned it since new and I have maybe 6k miles on it

Woosh

>VR46 stickers on anything but a Yamaha
absolutely disgusting

>Test rode an rnineT pure today.

Absolute ripper of an engine, there's excessive power always available. The stock can is surprisingly loud and sounds great, even for a boxer. There's pleasing pops and farts on the overrun too.

The injection is fucking trash though, I can't believe this is what a 2017 brand new motorcycle feels like. Attempting to rev match has the engine almost stall, backfiring and pinging while the injectors hesitate before fuelling the engine. Likewise for cruising around urban roads making small throttle adjustments - the engine will basically switch off as you roll thru 10% to 5% to 3% to 0% throttle. Rolling back on gives nothing-nothing-nothing BANG 5% fuel again. Steady throttle produces little surges and hesitations.

The brakes/chassis do the job, nothing special tho. Somehow has a mushy lever despite braided lines and radial calipers. It's quick to turn in/flop over, the bike overall feels short wheelbase and easy to dominate.

Other comments, the gearbox feels pretty vague compared to japanese stuff but I'm being picky. Not my bike but another RnineT at the dealer had a loose LHS switch block/grip assembly with about 5mm of radial play.

Overall the bike makes an extremely good first impression with the nice detailing and expensive finishes. The engine is strong and sounds realy good. You enjoy the bike for the first 5 minutes but a long term owner would go insane/broke trying to iron out the rubbish feedback from the fuel/gears/brakes.

>riding the R9T instead of the R1200R which is just objectively better

Are these helmets for fags?

Its outdated retro trash

It's popular and expensive, but doesn't have anything to justify it other than looks
I have better protection and comfort in my 130$ suicide special

Half of them are only rated for cars in my country.

I feel you, user. Always something to be improved or cleaned or inspected. I always find that riding paradoxically makes me feel like there's less shit to fix rather than pointing out more flaws.

I have never changed my sparkplugs because my hands don't fit in there.

I need a japanese girlfriend or something

>Sym Symba

Turn that street into a cafe racer and charge 5k. It will sell

>not the S1000R

Got my first scoot today an yamahaha 1100 dragstar. 3 things im gonna change off the bat

Bars, apes are gay
Paint, reflat the whole thing, the spiders and webs are so trailer trash
Swap the forward controls for stock position controls.

No bully.

Forgot pic ffs

>install crash bungs
>bolt goes through the frame
>ringspanner on one end, torque wrench on the other
>drive around for 2 weeks
>during mad twisty session
>notice sun glare
>holyfuckthatringspannerisstillhangingthere.jpeg

laugh at me.

Seems like a good plan. Looks compfy. Enjoy your ride user.

>Currently own a CBR600

For some odd fucking reason, I have developed a huge interest in 50cc 2-stroke Aprilia scooters.

sup fags
took my gixxer for a blessed rip again tonite. me and the boys are so popular that we had a 2 car fan club waiting for us at our first destination. i wasn't able to get their numbers :(

I'm 5'10" (178cm) 135lbs (61kg). Putting me on a bike is enough to make it faster. Feels turbo manlet, man.

At least most sportbikes are already sprung for my weight and set up for my size.

>mfw fatties and giants have to buy stiffer springs and bar risers
>mfw i can drive a miata with the top up and still be able to see

Its loud as fuck and honestly intimidating, kek. Im as excited as I am nervous. Next up, scoot safety class, and gear purchasing.

God damn cocksuckers broke into my garage and stole my empty aluminum panniers. I'm amazed really, what a stupid item to steal. The panniers are locked, and they only fit one specific bike with one specific rack. Can't imagine being targeted for panniers??

>buy BMW
>BMW has problems
>outta money but need aluminum panniers because you have a BMW
>some fag down the street has some
>???
>profit

One guy told me about them. He said that the fuel consumption is incredibly low for a 2 smoke, especialy on a newer, fuel injected model.

What is bad though, he said that everything starts going bad after about 10k km on the clock.

Thank you user. Im excited as fuck, ive wanted a bike since I was a kid.

I had one of those back in the day. Must be 10 years ago or something. Absolutely adored that thing. Take this picture. Repainted it some volvo metallic after being hit by a car for the 100th time.

Surprisingly capable of getting some lean. Surprisingly nippy too with just another exhaust (yasuni-r) and a basic tune, 80 km/h.
Surprisingly capable of racking up enormous amounts of traffic fines in the hands of a 16 year old little prick. Loved that little fucker. Loved it more than I love my bike nowadays. Though objectively it's an unreliable piece of shit and parts are hella overpriced.

Oh, he also said that the engines go forever. He said he put 40k km on it

Easy to steal, super expensive.
1+1

How can everything go bad after 10K and the engine lasts for 40K?

Electronics tend to fail

I have understood that the models with the carburetors are really good. Who gives a shit about the electronics anyways since you have a kickstarter?

You can forget about the kickstart if the battery is too flat.

Never had any problems with electronics myself. Even during daily driving it through the very wet fall, or storing it wet. Even though I spliced a electronic limiter in it for police controls, very ineptly. Kickstarting gets old though very quick.

They are pretty bullet proof though. Never had any critical failures which weren't due to a 16 year olds lack of maintenance or inept scooter mechanics. But separating the block to get to the oilpump sucks.

You're better off with an Aerox though. They are like the civics of mopeds. Parts are much cheaper too. Especially fairings.

EFI is much more fuel economical and doesn't require fumbling with a carb whenever the whenever the weather changes. Plus they have a little more overhead built into them to derestrict. Which you do via a gameboy. How cool is that.

Remember the times when I first went to high school. Motorcycle parking spot was littered with scooters and everyone moded them to oblivion. Sport exhausts and variators, 80cc kits and whatever else was in the trend.

Nowadays kids get a chinese scooter, put barely any kilometers on it and switch to a car ASAP. Damn, miss the old times.

What Harley is this?

Saw a couple bikes the other day. Brought my 1100D but got all anxiety about taking pictures after 10 minutes.

i got more pics, if needed

Good times,

wonder how I'm still alive after all that.

Looks like a sportster.

As an aside, anyone know of a program that can take .DNG images natively? I guess photoshop would be the answer.

I didn't even think about cleaned, jesus.
Sometimes I want to tear the whole thing apart and just clean from the ground up. I feel like I leave it dirty so that I'm not so ocd if it were actually clean

Sounds like shit design

did anybody die?

ATM I'm just taking screenshots of the image preview and pasting to paint and cropping, like an utter faggot. I'd rather preserve what little quality I'd hope to achieve with a dedicated camera I got for a couple hundred bucks over my phone.

On the topic of tiny brappers. Did someone ever make a non-pigfat (think burgman) 2t scooter that wasn't tediously slow. I need a scoot for my city commuting.

Best I could find was a 180cc Gilera Runner but that's a no go. Because it'll get stolen by a nigger within the minute. Or an Italjet Dragster 180cc but those are rare as hens teeth. Both aren't really fast anyways.

My SJ125 wasn't terribly slow, 4t water cooled. Only problem was the header would scrape before the stand.

Even got my dads arse in there, nice. 3 layers of clothing and jandals. Nice.

May not be an option for you, but maybe find some cheap ass 250 dirt bike, swap the engine into the scoot. Just an idea.

Small issue seeing as most scoots run a CVT swingarm.

Yeah, a few of them were killed by their parents after the police impounded their mopeds. Hell, they modded the things to go 100km/h.

Punishment was back then I think like 1000€ + the police either gave the scooter to an authorized dealership to un-mod it again (parents paid everything) or it was destroyed.

Got to stress the scooter bit here. Need the upright position and possibility of a leg blanket and windscreen to commute comfortably throughout the colder bits of the year.

Fabricating isn't really part of my skill set. Besides that's also highly illegal.

Yamaha T-max?

Sorry, didn't know the SJ125T had a different model designation in other markets.
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Suzuki_UC125

I had an SJ125T for a bit. Good fun, givi box,oily rag MPG etc.

Changed my rear tire a few days ago and goddamn.

I'm trying to learn to do everything myself to reduce shop visits but I'm honestly considering just letting someone else do it to spare me the headache.

Anyone know any tips for easier tire changing? Took me forever just to break the bead on the old one.

Just buy the tyre from the bike shop and they usually fit for free as an incentive.

Is it illegal, I did not know this.
Could swear I knew someone who did it

Didn't know it was illegal. Depends which country and whether or not you get it certified.

I'm US so prolly not illegal.
Most states I could probably just register it with the original engine then swap it. Cause who the fuck would know or care.

I always hated your kind and your lawn mower engines.
How did the wind between your meat flaps feel like?

My cheapshit Einhell lawnmower has 170cc lol

Should I do it, Veeky Forums? My brain is saying no, but my heart is saying yes. Plus I've owned a YZ 125 in the past, so I know how to maintain a 125cc 2 stroke.

Just buy the tire from a tire shop and have them fit it, changing your own tires is a pain in the ass if you don't have hundreds of dollars worth of tools.

If you have the money for it, why not? What do you plan on getting?

I really want to try one, I know one of my local dealers has one on demo so I'll have to take one out soon,