zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/subaru-0-60-mph-times/
automobile-catalog.com/car/2015/2082590/ford_focus_2_0_tdci_150.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neither.

Miata.

My man got it figured out

fpbp

FRS no longer exist.

What happened to them all? A mass recall to rebrand them to match the GT86?

Most of them commit suicide after they lost a race to a family van.

Above that, with peak torque chiming in between 6400rpm and 6600rpm, Subaru’s flat four takes is fizzy and flamboyant. Enough to excite the BRZ’s driver and enliven its chassis. Enough to make our little Mazda feel distinctly lower-rung, even though it’s still rewarding. But not so much to make you feel irresponsible about giving the BRZ its head on the road.
is is a sports car first and a fast car second – which is refreshing to report. While the BRZ’s limits are impressive, it’s more the breadth and habitability of the margins of its handling that end up holding your imagination hostage. You don’t need to goad it. Just drive it with the same smooth composure and exactness that characterises the car vividly. Once you’re on terms with it, it becomes playful, subtle and totally beguiling. You can’t help falling for it.

Neither the 370Z nor the MX-5 can thrill at that level. Compared to Subaru, they look like blunt, dull communicators here, outclassed by a new affordable driver’s car of amazing delicacy and extraordinary talent. One that could be the best sports car to come out of Japan since the Honda NSX, and that must be worth £25k from anyone who knows what sunny weekends and great roads were really made for.

And the rest are making other commit suicide by beating them in a race

The one that isn't slower than a minivan

Explain the title of that image, it says the Camaro SS is slower than a toyota minivan, no mention is made to the 86 twins.

It's from an old thread that lasted longer than it should have. The Camaro is faster than an 86, and the image is just to joke how the 86 is slower than a minivan in a straight line and the track. The whole thing is Toyota marketing, so there really isn't anything objective in it, just fun bait.

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

Its all preferance and depends what kinda platform you want. Obviously the Z will out power the other, not sure how they would handle on the track but im gonna be bias and say the Z

I own a 370 myself because I love how its kept it roots since the 240z, I also think its a little more rare to see than a brz/frs since they're pretty affordable to a young person nowadays.

i btfo a pigfat 370z on the touge with my toyobaru once because my car is so easy to drive at the limit

In small track, brz will be faster. But anything bigger then gocart track, 370z will destroy twins.
370z is more of GT car, they also start at 30k. Base model don't even have LSD

Test drive an FRS. If you're like
>fuck this rough ride
>where the fuck is the power
>why does it feel like the interior was stripped out of a 90s shitbox?

Then the FRS is not for you

Why would you even test drive an FRS if you're into rolling living rooms with vee-ayts that weigh more than twice as much and can't turn?

Glorifying the Subaru's shit power band with this flowery garbage.

370Z is better

86 all day kids.

this.

the brz is slower in a straight line than a fucking miata

BRZs arent affordable yet. Once they are, Veeky Forums will praise them

I snagged a limited for $16k. We're getting closer. All the more reason to start putting in more power before too much longer.

>that mid-life crisis face

The one that comes with a V engine and actual torque.

the 370z is better in every single aspect. How's that even a question?

>why are we at the dock?
>Shouldn't it be sunnier?
>I look so out of place
>I forgot to pick up my son's medicine
>This car is too small
>I'm cold
>My feet hurt

Kek

What world do you live in?

I live in the world where I've had one for the past several months. Seriously if you get in one and what you notice are the bad parts then probably you're going to have some trouble enjoying it day in and day out.

You're really probably not going to like it much past the honeymoon unless the good parts put a smile on your face and you don't care much about the bad parts.

The FRS/86 is for the chucklefuck who trades in their Corolla or Camry at the same Toyota dealership they bought it from and decides they want a "cool car"

The BRZ is for the faggot at the vape shop that decides to buy a Subaru to fit in but also thinks they'll be the special snowflake sporty one.

Both are for emasculated nu-males that think they're breaking the system with a "sporty drivers car" that they claim has good handling because they never push it near its limits while driving 10 above the limit.

FRS is like a Civic Si with less power and more maintenance costs for 5k more

But hey you can slide it sideways into a pole unlike the Civic.

You can wrap a civic around a pole if you try hard enough

Are you talking smack about my honda? This is an 81 honda, HOW DARE YOU!

Back in high school I had a buddy who spun his civic three times, the second time being a two-car accident in which it got totaled at no fault.

I thought it was boring as hell to drive, and he leveled up to a 240 after that. Sick ride for high school driving.

> the second time being a two-car accident in which it got totaled at no fault.

What the hell was the third time?

>90s shitbox interior

In what universe my dude

Camaro V6 1LE
Though if we're being honest here anything with an N/A engine with less than eight cylinders isn't worth bothering with

only accurate if he's looking at a premium.

the brz limited interior is actually pretty nice

Post car
I agree with you btw, I just think you're a busrider

You're a moron if you agree with that, he projecting up the ass. Making a generalization that applies to every brand, Fiesta ST and Volkswagen owners vape just as much as the "common subaru owner"

BRZ is only 0.8s faster 0-60 than my diesel Focus... expected much faster for a sports car.

What's your 0-60?

I used 2013 BRZ (Auto) stats from here zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/subaru-0-60-mph-times/

And stats from here for the Focus (Auto) automobile-catalog.com/car/2015/2082590/ford_focus_2_0_tdci_150.html

Is this a fair comparison?

shit, it's actually 1s

I guess, just know you are comparing a well known shit auto transmission from the BRZ. It's almost 2 seconds slower than manual

1.2s isn't almost 2s. (comparing the BRZ's auto and manual time)

What did people say about the auto? Some cars have good autos like the dual clutch ones, others are really bad...

only manlets fit comfortably in the frs and only women drive the 370z

I'm not a very big guy and still found the BRZ quite cramped, a woman was driving so maybe it's the right size for women?

I thought the auto 0-60 was like 7.8 at least that's what the minivan video may may claimed. Alot of people complain about the 86 auto it's slow, shifts poorly, and has a bad launch. It's not one of the "good" automatics

>kept it roots since the 240z
nigger what part of the 370z reflects the 240z? The 240z was lauded as being light, handled well, had a great power to weight, and competed with cars that were in a price bracket twice that of itself.

The 370z is a pigfat car that handles ok, but costs just as much as cars that have more power and handle just as well. It is nothing like the 240z.

The last real Z car was the Z32, the Z31 and S130 don't count and neither does the pigfat Z33.

Why do people call the FRS/BRZ slow when it shares the same 0-60 as the Miata (manual transmission obviously) .

Next thing is since when is 25k expensive? The Miata with an LSD is 29k but that's not expensive? Funny how the base Miata isn't used in any comparisons. Maybe cause people know it has no LSD lol. How fucking delusional are you guys?

>Which one's better, Veeky Forums?
It depends on what your priorities are.

I prefer the 86 though

Also can't forget that everyone who tracks a miata eventually welds in chassis bracing and a roll bar because IT'S A FUCKING CONVERTIBLE.

affordable on Veeky Forums = 5 grand and you can count the mechanical problems on one hand

white really does look nice, I was super torn between that and world rally blue when I bought mine.

the body lines are far more aggressive compared to the 350, but i can understand what you mean about the weight

>complains about the 350z and 370z being pigfat
>'the last real Z car was the z32'

86 since I sometimes drive more than 1 person around

fucking loser lol what are you a taxi

Mix
It
Again
Tony
Ayy

In our universe. I wound up with a limited so the funky 90s bits are less obvious and more hidden. And seriously I don't give a shit and would have taken the proper half-shitbox interior of the standard trim for fewer dollarbux because it's not a car you buy for the interior.

It's more like a little bit of factory-provided rice combined with it looking fancier than it is when your friends and family come to gawk at why you bought a cool-looking little car that exists to be driven instead of a sensible appliance.

you want to go fast and look like a Dick®? Z

You wanna go slow look like a Dick™? frs

the 370z is a whopping one second faster 0-60, which is pretty sad considering toybarus arent even meant to be a 0-60 car.

toybarus are almost half a ton lighter, handle better, get better MPG, and, in my opinion, look a lot better as well.

Mend It Again Togo Akagi

we're talking about a car with 57% more HP. Don't be silly

Yeah I know I'm just trying to patronize him into posting his mom's shitbox

yeah thats the funny part

To be fair, I remember when the 370Z came out and there was a pretty big buzz about them, and you'd see them everywhere. But then they kind of just disappeared. You don't really see adults still cruising around in them. You don't really see kids hooning old used ones. Where'd they go?

The FRS brough similar excitement although there just aren't all that many of them around to be seen. So I think the question is whether the excitement will remain or whether something else will come along and make the FRS look silly.

Having owned a 370Z for 3 years before and driven multiple GT86's (old job had us going through a lot of cars), I can attest the Nissan is far better.

>370Z fastest Z car ever
Of course it might not handle the same; it handles better.

Having owned a FR-S for 3 years before and driven multiple 370's (old job had ME going through a lot of cars), I can attest the Toyota is far better.

tits pls

i live in cali and see another toyobaru almost every time i go outside

My Z pisses in your FRS's intake, fuck off queer.
Go ahead and benchrace. I've owned more vehicles than you've seen years, and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the FRS. The interior is 90s KIA tier too.

They are what got me interested in sports coupes again, but they are a letdown in reality. And I am a Toyota fanboi. The 370z blew the FRS away in the feels dept, that's why I bought one instead.

The 370z has Jap class with muscle acceleration, and the handling characteristics you'd expect from a traditional two seat rwd coupe making 330+hp at the crank.

You fell for the meme, while people who actually like cars and driving chose any number of quicker sharp handling cars in the price range.

Poor bait is poor.
Here you go sunshine. See you in your dreams.

>Mesa community college parking decal in windshield
I'm willing to bet that it's beaner owned

having owned and gotten used to a car with a lot more power, of course it's the main thing you notice

Owning a lightweight car with barely enough power, you're going to notice the pig fat on the Z immediately.

I recently drove a tuned 335i and I daily an FRS. The bimmer was way faster, but it was still heavy and had all the needless luxuries i don't care about. For that, my pick would be the cheapo FRS.

What's neat about the FRS is that when you pack it full of people and stuff it doesn't labor and you still feel like darting around. But then when they get out it's like
>ha ha wow
>wheeeeee!
and you remember that it doesn't weigh much

370Z is 100x faster than FRS/BRZ/T86 and MX-5

Buy a used g37 or g37x OP

Don't be a faggot racer kid

LEL

Check your math. It's probably only 1.65x faster at most.

>implying that OP isn't some benchracer that can even afford to drive

the auto(slushbox/torque converter) in the 86 is meant to be used in comfy cars. I guess they were too lazy to use shorter gears because there have been a few american production car with great straight line performance using torque converters.
That make no sense because even the Americans can make a good performance with a slushbox.

i live in australia and i see a toyobaru nearly every time i leave the house

>price

>hihg speeds
Z

>looks
Z

>fun
Z

>>fun
>Z

Troll harder.

Can't be THAT poor
I got this asshurt retard to defend his pigfat waifu

ND 129mph
GT86 144mph
370Z 156mph

So it's 1.21 times faster than an ND MX-5 and 1.08 times faster than an 86.

>Buying renaultshit ever
Eww what a fucking loser

I own a 370z and I think I would trade it for an 86

But only an 86, not an FRS and BRZ. And it needs to be white for maximum Initial D LARPing. And with the money left over, you might be able to get a supercharger for it.

>this level of nitpicking at hyperbole

I chuckled, here, have a Ferrari.
It's like being school again though.

Did you c/p this from a review?