This just showed up on my car after a "BING" sound

What is it? Please help holy shit.

BUMP

you need to fill your engine with more orange

you dun goofed

Get an IV going on your engine

This means your engine has reached half it's original horsepower.

Kek

This thread is proof that the alphonse posting is european. Jesus fucking cheist why are eurocucks so fucking stupid?

Oh w8 wtf. It's actually true. Says it in the manual.

Engine's been cut in half

Ok i am about to go to the Autobahn and just sequeeze the shit out of it. It will fix that.

Limp mode
Try doing it on a road out of town first, some cars have a governor that will limit your speed or RPM in limp mode

It's a half check engine. You better bring it to the dealer. Before it becomes a full check engine.

Put on seatbelt, that's what German cars put for it

This is one of the many fuck you lights from BMW. If the service engine soon light isnt also illuminated and the car drives fine then the issue is probably not too severe. Might go away after restarting the car.

It's the warning light warning you to get used to the check engine light being on from now on. This is a standard feature on VAG cars.

that's not a VAG though

Also you can find out the exact cause with an inpa cable and a bmw app like carly or mhd. Your car will be limited in power with this light on.

Update. The light disappeared after i Smashed the gas pedal and got to 230 km/h for 5 minutes.
Hasn't showed up since then.

Why are OPs always too dumb to check the fucking manual? That's why they actually do the effort of making manuals.

>modern bmw diesel

probably particle filter faggotry.
if it is gone after blowing the shit through it, it kinda proves my point

particle filter failure has a different sign, pic related.
OP probably has a faulty O2 sensor or something.

Definitely looks like a limp-mode indicator.
It basically means this:
Your ECU is spitting out an error code that is consistent with an issue that can potentially lead to catastrophic engine damage. Even if the light went away you need to get that shit checked ASAP.

every smallest engine sensor can cause a check engine light on modern cars
i doubt it has gone so far to be fucking fucked, mate

>he fell for the diesel meme

Get used to it since the third time that shit happens you need to change the whole DPF and EGR, this translates in thousand shekels.

There's a difference between just a check engine light and an engine powered reduced condition though.
The check engine light just means there's any error code at all. Could be as simple as you didn't screw your gas cap on all the way.
but if the engine goes into reduced power mode it's usually because the error code is coming from the valve train or something critical like that.

does it have reduced power though? My dad's e65 7 series diesel had a faulty O2 sensor and it threw the same big yellow helicopter light.

To add this shouldn't even be an issue because you should always own a code reader and be able to check for yourself. They really aren't that expensive, and they'll save you from shitty mechanics trying to sell you extra repairs you don't need. Like my fucking dealership tried to tell me I needed a new throttle body because I was getting a TPS error code (which I wasn't) so they lost my fucking business in the blink of an eye.

Engine misfire light. Drive slow and have it looked at. Bmw club will recommend a guy who wont give you the BMW tax.

Push the accelerator as light as possible and the auto tragic will do an unmarked version of ecoPro btw.

>diesel BMW
It's fucked mate, time for a new one