/ovg/ - the brakes are on the right edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the Discord server and use the james emoji
>discord.gg/AKdvzdf

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=abEVuRoylBk
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1724796006
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGT6_Grand_Valley_300km
gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/
youtube.com/watch?v=Oheuyp7DFNI
gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/Mr-6rumpy1/course/2899873/
youtu.be/wulpDrtuob0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xqBVJ7QWT0bE5wUW5EbF9VZE0/view
youtube.com/watch?v=cEhtjLkHOdY
youtu.be/Sv7u4sv3fI8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1ST FOR ARCA BRAKES

second for RR3
WAT1 report in

>Leave the Bugatti VGT to me

>314 posts
>*new*

could you just shut the fuck up? Noone fucking cares about your fucking check ins and who in the group is ovg or not. Jesus christ

I did not do anything, since I can drive well both the truck and the GT-R.

That Porsche is pure shit.

Is pcars2 good on controller?

man forza 7 is looking good

The Porsche is Undrivable, understeer to total spin instead of turning, gtr in the rain is breddy fun though

haha xd

>960x540
>1024x600

RR3 confirmed for late 90s PC resolutions

How could they fuck up this bad?

I surely won’t preorder the game since MS can suck my dick with the criminal prices they ask because muh Xbox (((play anywhere))) which I don’t give a fuck about since I’m a pc user only...maybe they’ll discount it like they did with horizon 3 around Christmas.

I bought mine for like 39-45€ two months after it was released

you mean early 2000s

xD

what am i looking at, some fucking spaceship cockpit?

porsche 919
dude im playing it on a 35$ amazon tablet, im surprised it even runs

I wish the driving in Gear Club was better. I like the idea of managing a garage/showroom in between races.

lol we dont actually talk about games here anymore

eyah, it just doesnt feel right
i love the turbo arcadey driving of asphalt 8 and xtreme, too bad the games itself are money pits

How it went past testing I'll never know, main problem for me is that the AI is suicidal, constant contact, don't yield, ramming, really ruins what could be a great experience

No I mean 90s. And I'm being generous, everyone knows the story that Doom was programmed on a 1080p monitor.

>Doom was programmed on a 1080p monitor
more like 64Kp
320x200=64000

youtube.com/watch?v=abEVuRoylBk

>They want to buy Forza 7 instead

i pity you for your horrible life decisions

based ian lel

>are the controls for a game that isnt out yet any good?
oh yeah theyre great buy 3 copies just to be sure

the 15 deadzone makes the steering utter shite tho
not dismissing the issues with the porsche but i suspect it a setup to try and make the car accessible since its a demo

PCars2 or FM7 lads?
>shit FFB/physics but more cars and superior graphics/sounds
>better FFB/physics but hardly any road cars and probably more glitches

>breaks down

>road cars in a racing game

are you hating on Gran Turismo you faglet ?

Gran Turismo is a driving game

Indeed, GT is the real driving simulator not the real racing simulator

>GT
>Simulator

In 1995 John Carmack had a monitor with a better definition than the device you're using to play video games in 2017.
No need to be upset

Reminder that the OVGT6 Grand Valley 300km is THIS WEEKEND. Be sure to tune your cars and sign up on the doc and join the /OVGT6/ club in GT6 if you haven't already.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1724796006
get-good.net/index.php?title=OVGT6_Grand_Valley_300km
gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/

ill have a testing lobby up in an hour or two

Nice picture

its not mine but ty

>Online Required for all game modes
>More Vision cars than actual ones

Yeah nah, I think I'll pass. Sucks too because I used to be big into Gran Turismo back in the day, but GT5 killed my interest in the series and while GT6 was better, it wsn't enough to get me interested in GT Sport. Besides, I'm getting a gaming rig for Christmas and will be running on PCARS2 and Forza 7.

Why do shit games always have the best trailers?

Come watch James destroy Jimmy Broadbent and Gamer Muscle on the greatest sim of all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=Oheuyp7DFNI

james pls

Club lobby is up lids

No one cares, but NFS Payback's specs were revealed.

Minimum (720p @ 30 FPS):

Win 7 or later
i3 6300 or FX 8150
6GB RAM
30GB Storage
GTX 750 Ti or Radeon HD 7850
DX11

Recommended (1080p @ 60 FPS):

Win 10
i5 4690K or FX 8350
8GB RAM
30GB Storage
Radeon RX 480 4GB or GTX 1060 6GB
DX11

Surprised it's not higher.

>have to play as two dumb faggot numales and a strong, independent woman who don't need no man
What were they thinking? The story of having to take down some gang that betrayed you or whatever you easily be done with the character being a voiceless driver you can self-insert as.

characters with no features arent inclusive

I just watched the trailer

lmao this is literally Fast and Furious: The Movie: The Game

Also why is the trailer mastered like its made to be played in a movie theater. Do they play these as preroll ads for movies???

When I went to see It at the weekend, I saw an ad for the new Call of Duty, as well as Dying Light 2, so yes.

its a shame grass doesn't work the same as dirt. this track would be F U N if it did.

When you went to see what?

The movie

fug forgot link
gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/Mr-6rumpy1/course/2899873/

>Sign into the web browser version of the Gran Turismo 6 Community area.

you could download it off me in game or someone else who has it

>Providing functionality when you're away from your PS3
Why does this upset you?

Did I fuck up /ovg/?

buy me it

>mfw no idea of what car to pick
>4 days till race

Well then I'll have fun.

>t. will watch/play literally anything regardless of actual quality if it has explosions

Well, seeing as you've already owned the game for a year or so, you decide.

muh dick

just pick your favorite :)

Just pick what you want. Pretty much any decent car can be made competitive

How is it compared to the GT40? Does it have similar pace

I like 200hp shitboxes...

Very similar. I have yet to put them together in a race against the AI tho. But this has better dynamics, like, it doesn't oversteer as hard, nor is it as soft as the GT40.

I did a race in the GT40 against the 330 on the 67 Le Mans track and the 330 didn't stand a chance because of straight line. Although it seems like the 330 accelerates faster.

who top cop here?

Yeah, but you tried to mess with the setup?
Just to know, y'know. I just am not much fond of the way the GT drives, maybe it's just me.
It feels like they put the biggest engine they could fit in the Lola and went with it.

>chargingcar, the guy who likes to make F1 mods
>complaining the F2004 and SF70H are worse than his mods with fudged values

Yeah man, no.

youtu.be/wulpDrtuob0
>tfw maple valley is no longer comfy

all the talent in that team is on the art side

How so?

>all trees directly next to the track are in summer
>trees in the further distance are in autumn
>bridge has become modern art piece for no reason at all
This looks terrible

its no longer an exploration into autumns buthole
thee trees are green and further back and it feels more like a dreary GP circuit than a secret countryside track

oo baby

I didn't touch the setup that time around. It was also a mod track, so the AI were probably not at their best.

oooo baby
sfx preview drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xqBVJ7QWT0bE5wUW5EbF9VZE0/view

One of these things is not like the others

wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=cEhtjLkHOdY

Goddamn I can't stand this kid.

Wait so why are the trees next to the track in this video completely different compared to the trees in 's video? Is it some graphics setting thing or did they fix it in a day 1 patch?

I assume it's different track layouts/length

Just ran a 10 lap race at Spa, the 330 and the GT40 were really close in pace.
What an awesome combo

i see your correction and raise you video evidence that the trees are still further back than in FM4
youtu.be/Sv7u4sv3fI8
also could you not find a better source than the leader of the ass bandit society of collision testing

>oh you are correct
>b-but h-hold on!
>a few trees are still out of place in the background! why isn't this a 1:1 replication! reeee!
Just how autistic are you? Does this keep you from enjoying the core game any less?

>Just how autistic are you?
same as you
>Does this keep you from enjoying the core game any less?
actually yes because i really liked maple valley because it gave me pure driving feels
i cant get the same feels hotlapping in an ACR with how nu-valley is set up

Will I brake faster if I just slam on it and let ABS do the work, or will threshold braking stop quicker? I'm trying to git gud at AC but I suck at finding good lines and braking well

Don't go the lazy route.
Trusting the ABS will make you slow as shit, and have no control over the brakes when threshold braking as you should.
Train with a cara that has no ABS and no TC until you can confortably do laps without it. ABS and TC should be used as a safety net, not to brake and hold slides for you.

when learning say, a GT3 car I'd recommend running with no TC/ABS until you know the braking points intimately

What is the first thing you guys plan on doing in pc2?

ignore it and play forza 7

I'll Probably pirate it then try a random quick race then proceed to uninstall it because of how nothing feels any different or fixed from the first game.

Then wait for FM7.

So much shilling for fm7 in these reads recently, leave us alone microshaft
also kept the top time in rags for a whole week feels good mang

>bragging about having the fastest lap in practice on daytona
wow big accomplishment you dumb stoner

>tried Forza 7 demo
I'm out; see you on Forza Horizon 4.

Besides the Porsche handling, which was possibly one of the worst handling cars I've ever used in any game ever, I'm looking forward to it. But that dumbass excuse of a car felt like iRacing's last road car tire model with everything stupid about it turned up to 11, death wobbles and all. I'm guessing all that can be tuned out since most cars by default in Forza drive like crap until you buy the race differential and suspension upgrades so you can fix the dumb driftbro settings.

The only shilling here is Ian and his cohorts you stupid fucking mong.

wtf are you talking about? It's natural for people to discuss upcoming games. We did it a bunch of times, so what's the difference this time?

>try the FM7 demo on G27
>FFB sucks
>a few simple tweaks
>FFB is good
I find it mindblowing that we're in 2017 and games still don't ship with good FFB settings. Especially one that employs dynamic optimization so you don't have to even touch the video settings menu.
How hard can it be?

there's no single standard for how sim hardware reacts to software inputs so i bet you they build it to work perfectly with their Microsoft Approved Hardware and everything else is fucked