/twg/ - Total War General

Jabberslythe confirmed edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Developer Interviews on TWW2, focus on Lizardmen, High Elves and campaign features.
FFA confirmed as separate MP mode with its own maps:
[YouTube] Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles (embed)
[YouTube] Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans (embed)

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer (embed)

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - Lizardmen Roster Reveal (embed)
Text version to avoid aneurysm:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer (embed)
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary (embed)

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MC0G-Lbuuk
youtu.be/bLsDGtolKLI
youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo
youtube.com/watch?v=QbdkJ6cL4Aw
strawpoll.me/13135902
lukeuedasarson.com/NDvisi.html
lukeuedasarson.com/NDtervingi.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fantasy and history living in harmony.

youtube.com/watch?v=8MC0G-Lbuuk

>fucking up the video links again

ffs

What could have been...

First for Old Worlders in the New World

youtu.be/bLsDGtolKLI

Sorry. I did a bit of pruning and added the High Elf Roster and today's stuff. But I missed the video links.

How can historyfags ever recover from the massive success of Warhammer? Can the intern-teams really provide the same quality as the main team? I think we all know the answer to that.

Seriously though, I really hope the new race is Dogs of War.
I need fantasy conquistadors.

>We are planning to set this in an era we have already visited, but will cover a particular period.
>We are very fond of and haven’t done enough justice to yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

Steam tanks!

youtube.com/watch?v=QbdkJ6cL4Aw

Daily reminder that this is a Fantasy General.

No history fags allowed.

When will we get amazons?

>new historical concept art all but confirms a germanic campaign for r2 focused on arminius/germanicus
>won't get new content for attila despite it being the better game
>won't get a true medieval campaign
>will get Caesar in Gaul 2.0, furry edition

Never ever

HASHUT DEMANDS SLAVES!

Is there a rolling chart for with Total War to play?

So, what do you guys think will be the new dlc for WH?

>Middenland faction
>Boris Todbringer
>ulric themed units to fill out roster
>comes with Ghorgon/Jabberslythe to fill out beastmen roster

>Estalia/Tilea
>New unique roster
>Dogs of War/new RoR for other factions

>Dogs of War DLC
>Has Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks
>Empire gets access to Halfling units if they have a special building in the Moot.
>Has Anakonda's Amazons
>Amazons + dinosaurs are one of the roaming random armies in TWW2
>Has Pirazzo's Lost Legion
>They're another roaming army

It would be a nice dumping ground for a lot of the weird shit.

>New Race Pack for TWWH1

ROCK

THE

BOAT

Expanded Norsca roster with wulfrik the wanderer.

CA teasing indicates Norsca, with Wulfrik the Wanderer as LL.

I don't see it being Middenland. There's not enough there to really make it worth being called a race pack rather than a Lords pack. But I'm just glad we're getting more stuff, so I'll take it.

>That mix between Old World style with New World iconography and objects/artefacts

That picture is so fucking cool.

Yeah, Rich with his Cold and wanderer references pretty much guarantees it.

How the fuck do I deal with enemy agents following my armies like puppys? Even my highest level dude specced specifically for dealing with keeps failing. If theres a mod that would be fine too

>flying longship

Yes.

Posting art an user requested a few threads ago.
Hope you like it.

Don't forget to vote

strawpoll.me/13135902

Kill every mortal,
Search high and low,
Raze every byway,
Every path you know.

Kill every mortal,
Ford every sea,
Follow every Chosen,
'Till you find those fleas.

A quest that will need
All the chariots you can give,
Every turn of your life
For as long as you breathe.

Kill every mortal,
Ford every sea,
Follow every Chosen,
Till you find those fleas

A quest that will need
All the chariots you can give,
Every turn of your life,
For as long as you breathe.

Kill every mortal,
Ford every sea,
Follow every Chosen,
Till you find those fleas.

That's an... interesting army composition.

Bretty gud, but i would prefer version without words.

>Could have been Southern Realms, or even just Tilea or Estalia
>Would even be a nice tie-in to TWW2 with Old World presence in Lustria
>It's going to be Norsca fucking shits

>Wulfrik the Wanderer
Isn't he a Warriors of Chaos guy?

How is it possible to even be this bad at the game.
And then to post this for all to see.
I literally can't even

Norscan in the lore, but can part of WoC in the TT

He's a Norscan Warlord, but the division between them and WoC is pretty small for the openly chaos worshipping Norscans.

I don't see how there could be anywhere near enough content for Norsca to constitute a 'race pack'.

Seriously, they have, what, War Mammoths?
The King and the Warlord had 3 units for Night Goblins alone.

I don't know either but that's what the signs look like they're pointing to.

I could see CA just fleshing out the Norscan roster a little more, and making them playable, and that constitutes as a race pack to them.

Maybe Wulfrik is the accompanying FreeLC?

That's one of the best guesses I've heard yet.

One day, user. But not today.

Finally played a brettonian campaign after not playing for a few months due to work.
How the fuck do I play brettonia? The only tactic that worked for me late game was to throw my unstoppable heroes and generals into the enemy army and then shoot the moshpit around them and near the end get a good charge in.

Their infantry melt the moment somebody touches them and their cavalry gets tarpitted way to easy for me to micromanage cycle charging.

please give me more advice than just to get good.

Don't think so, since they've said the FreeLC will impact base game and DLC factions.

FreeLC is pretty obviously Regiments of Renown for playable factions that lack them. (Or maybe a mercenaries system)

A friend challenged me to not use cavalry, greatswords, magic, or faith units in an Empire campaign. They specifically mentioned that artillery/steam tanks were fine, so I went with it.

>Outnumbered almost 3 to 1 in an ambush.
>No buffs other than rally.
>No magic to cheese with.
>Lord started with 400-500 health.
Gors are no joke when you don't have armor.
I will admit I'm shit with Empire, though.

fantasy fags btfo

>War Mammoths
>Huskarls
>Warhounds (fire)
>Warhound Chariots
>Horsemaster Chariots
>War Mammoth Chariots

Maybe it's dragon breath from warhammer 2

Probably Shield-Maidens/Sword-Maidens too, as they are implied in the lore too, and GW appears to have given them permission to turn things implied in the lore into actual units (See High Elf Princesses in TWWH2, who were implied to be a thing in the lore but never given a model)

Ettins, as well.

a grail reliquae goes a long way in keeping the front line standing. Lore of Life too
As long as your main line is supported and your cav is dealing with ranged units and monsters you should be fine. Peasants and such are largely expendable anyway

Marauder Mammothmasters (Throwing Axes)

Aren't the kurgan relevant in the warhammer world?

I hope they don't we need daemons of chaos.

>tfw you get to play as valkia the bloody

Not really; all the tribes fall under "Marauders" which are given little enough spot light as it is.

Roll!

I dont see them saying the new content is for Rome 2 rather than Attila.

>The most recent project team to kick into full production is now working on a particularly large Campaign Pack DLC for one of our more recent historical releases. It’s an expansion we’ve been wanting to do for a while now, so very happy that we’ve been able to get it into the schedule for later in the year.
>At the moment, this team is building art content and working on the update for the main game needed to accommodate the new expansion. We will certainly be sharing more details when we can

The helmet is specifically migration era, not Rome 2. The hauberk however is closer to Rome 2 and other features seem rather gallic. Yet we already have Caesar in Gaul.

My money is on an Arthurian british campaign. The shield symbol really reminds me of a Late roman one, this guy could be a Romano-Briton and they just went with anachronistic cuirass because why not.

Just install a no hostile agent actions mod

>Stop playing videogames, eating junk food and go outside

>My money is on an Arthurian british campaign.
I'm with you on this one

Could be neat

>tfw you fend off a full roman stack of tier 2 units with just germanic pikemen

It would be worth it just to see the history fags meltdown, especially if it had fantasy units.

Like the southern realms are any better, right?

>Pikes
>Pikes
>Pikes
>More pikes

kek

I like it

DELET THIS

Pathetic bait.

I didn't mean to bully user, just the thought of shitty doggos and harpies wiping out your valuable artillery and ranged hurts. Praise Sigmar

Sooner or later.

It's literally free money for CA.

think of all the feet

What's the satisfaction in playing those armies when you can't even look at units firing properly?

Oh look the cannons are magically reloaded, wow apparently in the warhammer world all it takes to reload an arquebus is shouting.

Some people find satisfaction in playing TW:WH. Some find their entertainment in crying about TW:WH. We all have our own vices.

the shield is cherusci - since its concept art I'd imagine the helm may a good indicator of what exact era the content will be in. But since the shield is a direct rip off of the cherusci emblem from R2 I would imagine that it will be a germanic campaign focusing on arminius/germanicus for R2, since the Cherusci are Arminius' tribe

But the fact that its going to be for Rome 2 pisses me off

I havent played since Brets came out, might as well give it a shot.

List franchises that would sell like hot shit if CA made them into TW games.

Age of Mythology
Lord of da Rangs
Specific 1-planet war W40k
Victoria: Total War
Yanks killing eachother: Total war
Rennaisance TW

(no more gook shit tho, no one cares about that)

Didn't the Rome I Barbarian expansion have Knights of the round table or something like that?

R-R-R-R-ROLL

>Yanks killing eachother: Total war
>sell like hot shit
have a (you)

warcraft total war

>Victoria
>Yanks killing eachother: Total war
Yeah, that sure sounds inters...zzzZZZZZZZ

But we already got the superior version...

>Implying Cao Cao-anime total war isn't going to be the best TW ever.

I love Isabaella the MILF vampire.

Hao, hao!

Looking around a little

lukeuedasarson.com/NDvisi.html - the Visi shield pattern has the wolves but a head that is missing from the shield.
lukeuedasarson.com/NDtervingi.html - Same deal, missing head.

The shield is a generic oval, it doesn't have the spindle the old germanic shields usually had. Shields tend to allow for a greater degree of leeway because to most people they are just a plank of wood. It does have the Cherusci triple arrow, but it also has those jumping roman dogs. Also that belt is explicitly Migration era/late roman - this isn't a perfect example but they do the whole under and over swing. You could argue the cherusci symbol plus the jumping dogs is Romano-Germanic for Arminius, but unless that cheurisci symbol has specific Cherusci insinuations it could just be a germanic symbol.

I don't think it'll be Arminius, or at least I hope it won't be because that would be a waste of time.

Also that's a spatha, not a gladius.

Venture Bros total war

>army of hank clones (superheavy infantry) and dean clones (missile units, frenzy)

>various henchmen armies with unique heroes and elite units

>council of 13 act like the pope in med 2 giving missions

I have a hard time believing anyone but the chinese would be interested in a rice nigger total war.

Hell, even Shogun 2 isn't that popular.

FotS plays great but setting is boring, burgers killing eachother is a lot more fun.

Yeah I'd buy that.

>That one short window in time where historically artillery, rifles, infantry and cavalry melee combat completely intermingled.

What sort of double gobbo wouldnt like that?

And they already have Arminius in Total War Arena and he's got that Roman cavalry mask going on with an imperial roman shield.

The cherusci symbol could switch it over to 4th century (Constantine and all that) or maybe 3rd century crisis.

If we get Total War: Chang the shitposting will make history vs fantasy posters look like the best of friends.

>This whole post

Holy fucking autism Batman!

So what're the chances of the standalone historical title using Warhammers updated engine?

I swear to god if I have to play through another title with attilas shit-tier optimization, I"m gonna kill myself

Would killinger be a legendary Lord or hero like the green knight?

This isn't autism, reloading animations are basic fucking things

I hate shithammer but at least that one has variety, what variety could there be in a ching-chong total war? that would turn the memes of "arr rook de saem" memes from shogun 2 into actual complaints

>she will never suck you dry

Marauder Axemasters ( Throwing Mammoths )

>r2 dlc
>not attila
>literally why