If everything is so cheap in America, then why are their tires so expensive?

If everything is so cheap in America, then why are their tires so expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar H/T G056&partnum=565TR6G056OWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes#RatingsReviews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I pay about $87 USD per tire with Goodyear Wrangler Radials, how does that compare to your tires?

>Goodyear

After working at a tire shop I really began to realize how shitty Goodyear tires are.

What are good tires boy?

wouldn't you like to know tireboy

TIREBOY TIREBOY TIREBOY

Michelin, Continental, BFGoodrich, Yokohama, Toyo, just to name a few

>Michelin

>t. poorfag

T nigerr lol

Goodyear really are shit, Viva 3 I put on my last car it was like driving on molasses i changed them out only 400 miles after getting them. Really really like Yokohama

Agree with everything except Yokohama. Surprisingly not that good. They do ok.

I should have specified before I made that guy mad, goodyear makes *some* good tires. But the problem is that they are so expensive, you can get a much better tire for cheaper.

Pretty much any tire brand that isn't from china makes at least 1 decent tire

SPEEDY SPEED BOY

GASOLINE'S BURNING IN

Goodrich are the best tires on the market

I got an Iron Man 205 for $60 mounted and balanced :^)

>No Bridgestone

I run Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, paid $75 each mounted and balanced in 205/55/16. They grip pretty damn well. Not like the Federal 595 RSRRs on my M3 but not far off either. Way less tire noise though, the Federals sound like fucking Super Swampers on the highway.

i used to work at a tire shop as well, saw plenty of michelin and goodyear tires wear like shit, fall off the bead, separate cords etc. bfgoodrich have always been the most expensive, but the best wearing and fitting tires. we had a run of michelin tires that were so loose we could put the beads on by hand, and another set that were so tight we were ripping the beads while trying to install them. kind of a crap shoot.

What about yokohamas, I have an suv and do alot of driving so I have to get the most out of my tires for the least amount of money
tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar H/T G056&partnum=565TR6G056OWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes#RatingsReviews

I don't think you can just pick it by brand. I ran some cheap Yokohamas for a while and they were pretty much breddy gud for the price point, but it was worth moving up another 10 dollarbux from there.

Were those the top shelf Yokos? No. So there's no reason to judge the brand as a whole just because the did a pretty OK job cleaning up the economy market.

the geolanders are good for the price. they are what i would call an average tire, not bad, not amazing just average. they are priced well and last a long time depending on the durometer of the rubber and seemed to wear evenly and not separate like the others. i would rock them if the price was right.

but honestly at 120+ a tire, i would check out the chinese tires as well just for a value perspective. unless your going to be putting serious miles on your vehicle and going off roading you might be suprised by some chinese tires.