blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/patch-1-06-combat-balance-updates/

>Patch 1.08 notes
blog.bioware.com/2017/06/06/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-08-notes/
blog.bioware.com/2017/06/07/patch-1-08-combat-balance-updates/
Patch will be out on June 8 at 8 AM PDT

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kAQ4Fgi5
unit2a93.tumblr.com/day/2017/06/07/
dailycaller.com/2015/07/27/upcoming-gay-pride-parade-in-sweden-is-racist-say-leftists/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw she has the least amount of content out of all the squadmates
>tfw ~22% of the male audience romanced her
>tfw her litho sold out a hell of a lot faster than Jaal's
>tfw she might get more content in future games, but at the end of the day, she'll never get a nude model
Fuck Bioware, why do I have to love this universe so?

Maybe next time

lynch all the fags

Friendly reminder to prepare black clothes for MEA and BW Montreal tomorrow's funeral.

Who's fault is this?

1/3

DLC I guess

Producers'? EA's? Who knows. Did the big bosses even know about this decision? Because Edmonton clearly doesn't approve this move.

1.08 is just a joke/dream. We'll all wake up soon, right?

2/3

>Because Edmonton clearly doesn't approve this move.
Sauce?

We live in times when our worst nightmares become real, dude. You can never wake up.

I know Weekes does not approve of this by his liked tweets.

Extended patchnotes have been leaked:
pastebin.com/kAQ4Fgi5

3/3

Examples?

Lead writer of DA's liked tweets, for example. Such move is critiqued by their most loyal fans and "insiders" like biofan and ritzyfox as well, who say this is a shit decision.

Eh. This patch only brought good things though. I mean, of course imwoidove preferred more Gil than biJaal but I guess it's fine

>tfw even kl-paste is weaker than 1.08 patch notes now
Well played, bioware, well played.

This concern is unfounded because Jaal never said he wasn't interested in guys. Gil says clearly he's only interested in dudes, Liam says he's not interested in them, and Cora thsame for women

>19 unique visitors and counting

His romance is tailored-made for a woman. You can't deny that.

>>It's raining now.
>>Caught on a hiking trail in the woods with your spiky girlfriend, there wasn't much anyone could do against the sudden downpour caused by the autumn season.
>>Just a minute ago you were admiring her, watching her scarf flap about in the wind, the occasional orange or red leaf brushing past her face
>>She shivers slightly and clings onto you just a bit more.
>>Now, both of you are soaking wet.
>>You spot an outcrop in a massive boulder ahead.
>>Breaking out into a brisk jog, you lead her to shelter.
>>The soaking fabric of your clothes cling to your legs and arms, showcasing every curve of your body. She can't help but stare.
>>Finally reaching the shelter, you look at her glistening face.
>>Small droplets spill down her forehead and onto her cheeks. You reach up, tenderly wipe the water away from her forehead, and caress the side of her head.
>>You can't help but lose yourself in her eyes, in those comforting seas of green

Yeah, trying going through, but there's a lot and I can't seem to find an ...

Oh! Wonderful! But it's just saying "we're not gonna make Suvi straight, so don't even ask". Basically nothing, then.

Yeah but at least it's not farfetched to have him show interest in men. It would be for Gil, he has three different lines turning done Sara because she's a women, removing them would be unacceptable because it's literally a case of changing his sexual orientation

>bioware admitting the one of the most important parts of their games, the characters, means nothing to them, they ARE nothing but lines of text and we should threat them the same way, and that their first priority is breaking company's principles, making it a strong weapon to manipulate them in future, bland pandering and pleasing the loudest minority is more important than finishing and polishing the game is a good thing
I really hope this is a b8.

gross

>>

The people who want bi Jaal only like the romances in BW's games. I've seen people buying it now just for this patch.

Well yeah it's bad that they gave in to loud crying to change a character instead of addressing real issues. But at least the patch didn't do something really bad like make Gil or Sufi straight despite the fact that they clearly aren't

Here's a full version of the statement. It's basically a polite version of "what the fuck are you doing".

You're gross, is cute.

They've lost the same amount of loyal fanbase because of this patch tho, AND their reputation.

She seems more concerned of something going the other way round. Even calls Jaal's change "for the better". Doesn't seem judgmental of the change at all, merely concerned for the future gay characters turning bisexual. Also, those tweets are not by Weekes. I guess he just reblogged them? Either way, I don't see how you can come to your conclusion.

>2017
>not 2012

Proof? I've only seen rejoicing. The ones who openly hate it get called biphobic or homophobic.

>But at least the patch didn't do something really bad like make Gil or Sufi straight despite the fact that they clearly aren't
Sorts of shit. Straight people are as loyal to their tastes as gay people. So making Jaal bi is like making Suvi or Dorian, or Gil bi.

Like I said, polite. Even because of most politest comment on the patch, pic related, from biofan he is called homophobic (when he's gay) and harassed by crazy twitter bifags. You can't say shit directly nowadays.

Don't lurk moderated places, it's useless. If you say you don't agree with rejoicing people - well, you know what happens on places like reddit or nu-bsn. See closed discords, boards, local forums, adequate part of tumblr, in the places where freedom of speech still works.

Nothing implied Jaal wasn't bisexual at least. It softens the blow I guess

Except the fact he never ever showed any signs of affection to males in his whole life - sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

>Like I said, polite
It sounds to me more like a "fuck you cis het scum for wanting a bisexual Suvi" basically, than anything.

>Nothing implied Jaal wasn't bisexual at least
Lack of evidence is not the same as proof.

What part of #SexualityIsNotAPatch in ritzy's tweet and "Treating sexuality as a toggle is kind of insulting" in is unclear?

It feels like the only reason these people are complaining is because it might happen to a gay character, though. They don't give a shit about it beyond that.

>closed discords, boards, local forums, adequate part of tumblr

I don't know where any of those are. I have seen tumblr argue against it but they are in the minority.

That's enough to start a small war and a shitstorm.

It would never happen to a gay character. They shouldn't freak out. Gay people in media are untouchable now.

Here's just one of examples. Knowing tumblr harassing methods, it's annoying as fuck, so don't expect many courage or motivation in telling an opinion on public.
unit2a93.tumblr.com/day/2017/06/07/

Silus Coraxian was a fit young turian girl, with dark blue facial marking denoting her planet of origin. Having recently made it through boot camp, she was finally a part of the military, a job she had dreamed about since a little girl. You see, Silus didnt dream about being a war hero or a great general, or anything like that. Silus was a sick demented person even as a child, and dreamed about committing war crimes, and as she grew older said crimes evolved from mere beatings to torture, rape, and killing. Luckily, the Turians had recently discovered a new species opening relays, and she jumped at the chance to show these "humans" what she could do to them.
She was there at the Occupation of Shanxi, and delighted at abusing the local populace.
One day, a young human boy looked at her funny, and she had him arrested on trumped up charged of conspiracy to incite rebellion. Of course she knew this was bullshit, the boy was barely an adolescent, about 15 "years" of age as the humans put it.
Silus now had free reign to interrogate the boy who was spread-eagled on a metal bench, and she was determined to enjoy every minute of it. First, she asked the standard questions "Who are you working for", "Who are your co-conspirators", "What are you planning" etc. She knew he couldn't answer any of those questions, which filled her heart with joy as she then was allowed to "enhance" her interrogation. Electric shocks ripped through the boy's body, causing him to convulse and writhe in pain. His eyes wide with terror, his teeth clenched as his screams struggled to escape them. After nearly an hour of this, Silus got bored. She decided to directly physically abuse him in combination with the shocks. She had stopped asking questions long ago, and the boy couldn't even speak at this point. She punched him in the stomach, causing him to wretch before she resumed the shocks. Another punch, another shock, again and again until the boy coughed up blood. (contd)

It really doesn't, though. He didn't show interest in men, that should be enough to imply that he's straight.

>It would never happen to a gay character.
I know that, but they don't because they've convinced themselves that everyone in the media is out to get the gays. That's how you get Twitter panicking over this and other shit like the Fire Emblem Fates localization - they ignore the fact that they're blatantly catered to so they can keep using the oppression card to get more attention.

That doesn't sound like a Turian name

I wish it would ACTUALLY start a real war

>does he know i shit from th-
kek'd
nice work man
here's your first fan art sorry its shit

Montreal genocide when?

>T-that was just a human false flag!
>t. Heirarchy Office of Public Relations

Kill yourself, Jurix "Rapetor" Rinthius.

I wouldn't go that far, but at the very least I hope it can stand as an example of what not to do with your franchise. I can't see anything good for Bioware coming from this.

Yeah, people really overreacted with the Fire Emblem thing. It really hurt the localization. This is weird times to be alive.

Seeing an alien's precious life-fluid made Silus flush with her own blood. Her slit began to swell with sadistic intent as she realized what she wanted to do next. Quickly stripping both herself and the boy of their pants, she then mounted him, the boy's penis erect in terror. She laughed as she engulfed his dick in her plated slit, and laughed again as she felt those plates scrape against his sensitive cock, causing him to wince and groan in pain. Every thrust of her hips, she punctuated with another punch to his young face. Cruel blows struck him in the face again and again, the cuts from the plates on her fists beginning to bleed profusely, his nose already broken, his jaw threatening to break, and his eyes beginning to swell shut even as tears flowed from them. Silus came so many times she lost count, and every time the boy passed out from repeated blows to the head, she would simply sit on his face until his body convulsed from lack of oxygen and he was revived. Finally, she had come so much the boy's lower body was soaked, and here legs became weak. She pulled herself off the boy's now bleeding dick and released him from his bonds. He fell to a crumpled heap on the cold metal floor his jaw broken, face bloodied. Silus then squatted over the boy's face and relieved herself onto him. The hot piss stung every cut on his face, and caused him to cough and sputter as the bitter liquid splattered into his mouth. She forced his mouth back open, and made him swallow. She knew that due to her amino acids being incompatible with his, this was in essence poisoning him. That made her cum again.
Once she was done, she had her fellow guards also piss on the boy, and then threw him out in an alley for him to stumble his way back home, beaten, bloody, and soaked in turian piss.
While Silus would rape, beat, and violate many other prisoners in her care, she never gained as much satisfaction as she had from this one boy. She pleasured herself to the memory for years.

Right? I was lurking /feg/ when they first started translating everything, and it couldn't have been more than a day or two before game journos descended upon it screaming about conversion therapy. I feel like I'm trapped in a crude caricature of reality.

He also doesn't show disinterest. They shouldn't have made him bi but at least it wasn't that extreme of a change

you got issues dog

I wanna do an experiment on tumblr. I wanna divide a group of people and see who they would rush out and protect, and who they would demonize.
>A POC straight woman
Or
>A white gay man

And see who they like more for social reason. Also to see the hypocrisy. I just don't know what to make the experiment about.

has anyone made a mod that removes the f*gs yet?

I'm just arguing that the change shouldn't have been made at all. If you claim to take pride in writing characters as if they were real people, you shouldn't turn around and lobotomize those characters to please your audience after the fact. It's shitty and disingenuous, and they're only getting away with it because he's straight.

I like how the west overreacts but the east does not care at all.
>we never got the other DLCs, it's not fair!!

Sounds like a job for . Nice idea though.

poc straight woman, for sure.
tumblr hates gay white men

Sounds good. Do it.

i cant tell which is worse

Funny thing is that there wasn't even anything resembling conversion therapy in the text. The main character wants to help another character learn to talk to cute girls without dropping her spaghetti, and then she falls in love with him as they spend more time together. How they got anything anti-gay out of that exchange is beyond me (because the character wasn't gay in the first place), but somehow it morphed into this wretched game of telephone where people who hadn't even read the dialogue were sobbing in their showers over Nintendo's blatant homophobia.

not even going to read it

Race first, gender second, orientation third.

If the lesser characteristic is less favored, refer to the higher to see who wins. For examplr, white always loses no matter what. Gay men usually lose to women unless the woman is white. Straight black male loses to gay black male loses to straight black female loses to lesbo black female.

>he doesnt want to be beaten and raped by an alien
wew laddy

>tumblr hates gay white men
wait, what?

I don't go to /pol/. Not my type of politics.

See I don't believe that. Being gay gives you a million tumblr points. Being straight is negative a million. They gush over gay men.

I don't know what to make the experiment about...and tumblr is so vast.

the first one is a pretty vanilla "human rapes femtur" with about all the deviance being in the idea of rape itself
the second one is basically like Marquis de Sade played Mass Effect

There's already one. Gil's still there but he'll sex Sara if you want

POC
dailycaller.com/2015/07/27/upcoming-gay-pride-parade-in-sweden-is-racist-say-leftists/

>dailycaller

was the first result when I searched for it

It was because the male mc uses a potion on Soleil (the girl). It makes her see the male mc as female in their S rank. Soleil also likes to flirt with girls, which didn't help.
People thought it was similar to gay conversion. Even though it wasn't.

>reaction_2361.jpg
p-pls upload your reaction folder

Combat balance updates:

I like that Cyclone and chain overload got good buffs (x1.55 and x3 damage buffs respectively), but holy shit the Asari Sword didn't need to be even more powerful. Nearly x2 damage buff. Anyway, do weapon buffs apply to squadmates? Like will Vetra do 55% more damage now?

I still can't get over the fact they really did it...
They actually made Jaal bi.
I just...
I can't believe it.
All I know now is that I'm never buying another BW product as long as I live.
>implying I bought MEA
That's what they get for abandoning their principles.

why do they make all the men gay or bisexual and make all the women ugly?

I'm planning to make a mod which locks Scott from romancing Jaal after the patch. Will it be fun?

that site is hilarious

YES. DO IT. I wanna see the salt!!!!

/meg/ BTFO

THAT SALT TASTES TOO GOOD

There ain't no rest for the triggered
Donate to my Patreon

>salt
Shit meme.

The DA team is actually different from the ME team. Different principles. But I get what you mean.

I really hope this ends up biting Montreal in the ass. What a stupid move.

Please do. I can't enjoy it because I'm on console, but it'll still be nice for the people on PC.

do it

>literally written in copy-paste tumblr style
>not recognizing ruseposts when you see them

Good. You opened this message. This isn't
actually asari military command. They're busy
tending to what's left of their planet.

So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're
not as weak as I thought. But never forget that
your best wasn't good enough to stop me.
Now an entire planet is dying because you
lacked the strength to win. The legend of
Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm
there for the last chapter. It ends with your
death.

-KL

I wanna see the RAGE then! I'm pretty sure nexusmods would remove it instantly tho.

>jaal being bi causes a couple of people on /meg/ to never buy a bioware game again
this will certaintly be the end of Bioware

>"While the change was for the better this time, it opens the door for the opposite to happen. Demands for Suvi for example, to be bisexual. Treating sexuality like a toggle is kind of insulting."

I refuse to believe that anyone could be this blind to their own hypocrisy.

>"And I will fucking a meet in a pit anyone calling for a bi Suvi one."

When you're that fucking guy, why would you ever even put the imagery into someone's head of physically confronting them? Laughable. I kinda want to see someone Tweet at him "make Suvi bi; now fight me: my address is XXXXXX, I'll see you there."