Is robinhood 100% completely safe?

My bank and parents are in panic at the idea of it. Im 18. Everyone thinks theyre just going to steal my identity and bank account. I feel like i wont ever get to start trading stocks till im fucking 30 because literally everyone is stopping me and calling me a idiot.

Get a real broker like TDAmeritrade then. Its a real broker that is well known. You get 60 days of free trading also, so if trading doesn't work out for you you wouldn't have lost any money from fees.

Get a new bank. They sound like hicks.

I guess i could consider that. Do you have to have a certain amount of money for day trading?

Im a bit panicky right now because robinhood has a pic of my ssn card. I dont want anuone to find out about this.

I know im a retarded 18 year old, but i just want to learn how to actually fucking day trade and see if im good at it.

I was thinking of getting a new bank account only i would know about. But, i think i would need to deposit $1000 to do it, unless you know otherwise

relax, it's safe

Yes it's safe, as safe as any investing can be.
Robinhood is an SEC-registered brokerage and member of FINRA and SIPC. It has been reported on by every major outlet for years.
Anyone who thinks it's a scam has done no research.

Don't panic, I would trust our NEET Veeky Forums friends...more than normie banksters, at least.

Thanks guys. But i dont know what i can do now. The bank wont let me do anything unless i have my "fathers permission" because i created the account when i was 16 so he knows my dad well.

Is there any type of bank i can use where i can just deposit $50 and make them do whatever i want?

>Im 18.
> parents are in panic

Time to divorce your parents

actually my parents dont know yet. Neither do i want them to find out. And i thought they wouldn't cause im 18, unless my bank squeals or if my identity gets stolen......

Have to crack a few eggs to make some money.

Open a new account else where?

robinhood is safe, man

Im looking at PNC which is right next to me. Do i need $1000 to start an account? Can I just make out a $100 dollar check and make it out to them?

Its just, i know its approved and everything. But they literally have my ssn number and card. Like, what exactly is stopping them from selling my info to some random person or getting hacked?

even if that does happen what can you do about it now?

Same thing that prevents your bank from selling your info or getting hacked. Robinhood is a multi-million dollar firm with well-known investors.

robinhood is legitimate

Okay. Thank you for the support biz. Im going to pursue robinhood. Just have to get a new bank account or pray my current one lets the deposits in. Shit is going down the next few days.

Get rich or die tryin'

Also 18, also parents freak out. Mother is privacy freak, father cites suicides when it comes to stocks. Know what your doing before you lose half your money.

Im only playing with 50-100 dollars tho. What is there to flip shit about?

You have a bigger chance of that sleezy ass bank of yours selling your info than RH. Don't worry, it's safe

>sleezy ass bank
... What banks would you consider sleezy? Curious now.

Wells Fargo comes to mind

Didn't realize you weren't 18. You have to be 18 to buy/sell securities man. Otherwise there shouldn't be an issue from your bank, they shouldn't have even called your father about it honestly.

heh. yeah
Am 18. Ive asked my father in the past about investing in stocks and bitcoins, but couldn't have done it, and on my 18th birthday, my bank account was finally seperate. I went in to tell the banker not to reject any deposits from robinhood, and he questioned me right away and told me to talk about it with my dad.

What kind of bank requires that much of an initial deposit? Mine was only $20.

Chase has student accounts so if your in college as long as you don't go negative you're fine. Also bankers could give fuck all about what you do with your account. Also robinhood is extremely safe I have had money go in and out many times

Ignore them. The bank has no legal authority to tell you how to spend your money.

>see if I am good at it

I bet you are. I can see how your family is worried, you seem completey retarded.

If he tells your dad, sue the bank. As long as you're 18, they gotta do whatever you say.

The one I work at has a $200 minimum and a zero balance for old people

Any small branch bank that has high turnover rate with employees

OP here. Thabks for the suggestions.

Ignore this guy, real OP here. Which stock should I go all in on?

no i actually caught gonoreheea from robinhood

Shut up baka. Im the real op