Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Nyms5hPe6A&t=25s
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Encountered this fuckstick out there today, stay safe my dudes, people are fucking retarded.

Red leader, all wings report in.

And we're the bad guys for knocking down mirrors.

In hindsight I really wish I had smashed them, dude didn't even attempt to apologise, just went straight through the red and cut me up. Was even in a left hand drive car (Bongistan so we're RHD), so he should have easily been able to see me, let alone hear me.

DO YOU have trouble shifting into neutral on your bike?

Y/N ?

Sometimes yes.

Literally never

On my bike no, shits smooth as butter on a kitten. But I've had and ridden plenty of bikes where it's a pain in the dick to find.

not ever on a bike with a modern gear box.

no liter no peter

Is there a general recommendation for bike cams? Are GoPros worth the money?

I have a dashcam in my main vehicle, and I absolutely want something to record while riding

I use a GoPro Hero 4 but the Sessions are a good high quality, low profile camera. Run it in 90fps so you can slow the footage down and get number plates.

only one of them. If you shift into neutral while you're still rolling before you stop it is easier. Or if you shut off the engine if you're stopped

Got the neutral finder on the Kawasaki, which helps

there was a busa at uni today, no top box but I've never seen anyone with a helmet

there are a couple R1s at my uni every day and I would be riding my almost-liter there if I could.

I also see lots of dual sports and ninjettes and a goldwing.

Nope but I don't know why this is such a big deal when the only time you want to shift into neutral is when you're turning off the bike

No but on my fathers R1200GS I have troubles of getting it into gear sometimes when I pull the clutch too far back. I just release it slowly while I keep trying and it'll pop into the gear when I'm near the point where the bike starts moving.

It's only when I'm in neutral.

>Be me, CJ
>Decide to go get Taco Bell
>Squid it up
>Riding down town's one major road
>Last intersection
>Car in oncoming left turn lane
>Let off throttle
>Sure enough they go
>Brake
>They fucking STOP mid turn
>End up with a good ten feet between us
>Internally reeeeee'ing at them
>All they see is some tall autismo with a mirror face
>They continue their half assed left
>Look at plates
>British Colombia
>Externally reeeee under helmet
>Rage eat my chalupa

BUILD THE WALL, YOU HAVE TO GO BACK, SNOW-SPICS.

Sorry

no, it's always right where I left it

>r3
They probably thought it was a bicycle

GoPros are good but definitely overpriced for the image quality.

what are some good gloves for not smashing taillights and mirrors

They were just being polite Canadians by letting you go first

Infrequently. Most of the time I have the most issue when I'm starting the bike while not on it. Shifting to neutral at a light is ezpz.

I've been really happy with my Yi 4k. I ended up buying 2 more batteries and SD cards to match it, but I can get 2 hours of 4k footage in a charge. And it was only $200.

>Yi 4k
You mean a Xiaomi YI?

Onyone here uses a SJCAM SJ5000?

>Yi 4k
I was looking at this, being a total newbie to action cams I have a few questions.

What mount do you get and is it something that you glue to your helmet? Which would be the ideal location?

How is the stabilization? Does it have any and is it necessary?

How large are the files? Can it auto overwrite old video?

Do you always use it when you're on your bike and how much of a hassle is it to keep the battery from being empty? (how long does it last?)

I broke a spoke a couple weeks ago and have been driving around lightly until I get around to fixing it, but today another spoke broke and when I looked at the tire, apparently ANOTHER spoke had broken off at some point and I never realized it. I might be paranoid but the ride home today felt a little more bumpy than usual. Before I drop a couple hundred dollars on an entire new wheel, how do I check my rim for true-ness?

>falling for the spoked wheel meme

I broke a few spokes on my Rog Pony bicycle and refuse riding it anymore. No idea how you come around riding a motorcycle like that.

nigga its fine just make sure you have at least 2 spokes left so it dont break

>Onyone here uses a SJCAM SJ5000?

A Friend had an SJ4000 and it was a great camera for the price.

Beginners course starts tomorrow boys, I'm pumped as fuck

Get the $25 china knock off. Same quality and you can beat the fuck out of it without regret. We use them for running trails

you can lace up new spokes instead of buying a whole new wheel.

>how do i check my rim for true-ness
put the bike on a stand so the wheel is off the ground. Hold an object like a pencil/marker up against the swingarm/fork to hold it stationary really close to the rim. Spin the wheel and observe how much the edge of the rim varies in distance from the pencil.

>being a beginner

What happened here, oil on the track?

target fixation, too much brakes, too much throttle, not enough brakes, poor body position, and gripping the bars too hard

Possibly, looks like there's a dark stain on the track.

user pls respond

Nobikes get out

Guy in front probably had unlimited banana power up

I've got a bike tho

prove it

#
You need:

2 tire spoons (and a bead breaker just in case)
A front and rear stand if you don't have a center stand
A wheel balancer and weights
A wrench big enough to unholy the tire

You'll drop a few hundred bucks, but if you don't wanna go to a shop it's definitely cheaper in the long run and pays for itself in no time at all.

Yeah, that's the one.

Sorry senpai, at work.

>Mount
There was an accessory pack on Amazon, so I got that. It came with more accessories than you can shake a stick at; I've probably used half of them. It work well enough, but the angle I could get by combining 3 or so mount brackets wasn't superb. I bought the helmet mount kit from AGHB, and it works pretty well. FWIW, most GoPro hardware should work as well.

>Stabilization
There is a setting for in-camera stabilization, but only for some modes(not 4k). Even without it, I can read license plates by pausing and the shake isn't too bad. I'd play around with the settings to see what's best.

>File size
You can choose from 4GB or "maximum" from what I've seen. Unfortunately it doesn't overwrite, it just stops recording.

>Usage and Battery
I use it 24/7 mounted to my helmet in the chin area. Since my commute is pretty short(15-20 minutes), I can get 3 or 4 days out of a battery(and a 64GB microSD card). Battery life is right around 2 hours, and I can get 2:16 worth of 4k footage per 64GB. If I'm paying attention, when I've run through 2 battery/SD card combos, I put the batteries on the charger overnight and transfer the moobies to my PC. I need to clear out some of my daily commute so I have some free storage, but haven't put in the time. You can delete from the camera, so if you were diligent, you could deleted your commutes when you get home, provided nothing interesting happened.

Tl:;Dr not the best system for a "dash cam", but makes up for it by being a good action camera. Sound could be better, but that's probably due to the waterproof case(which is).

I've thought about getting a more suited dash cam and just running the 4k when I want to record a ride, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I can get some pics of the setup when I get home.

I have an SJ4000, quality is great for the price. Night video is better than my friends gopro.

Came with a bunch of accessories and I bought some extra batteries but I've never had to use them.

20% of the time, nothing major

Why don't you take better photos

SJ4000 and Xiaomi are good. buy one of them.
Don't buy the Eken h9

Also Anyone here like to watch his video from the camera form the same day?
even if nothing interesting I watch it(of course I skip parts)

Get hype my dudes

It was damn near impossible when I first got the bike, but an oil change solved the problem.

Because I'm not a fucking pussy

I've grown fond of the shitphone blurries.
Replacement GoPro arrived yesterday, better pics coming when I dig up my microsd and hoon videos coming when the case gets here

>Filtering to front of lights
>1 car left
>Light goes green
Is the correct move to make here to go wot and shoot past them before they speed up or slide in behind to be a safe rider?

not saved

depends, if my momentum is really fast i'll launch past them, if i'm slowing down already and they're looking like they're trying to hoon, then i'll slide in behind.

It's exactly as fun as you think it's gonna be

I usually just slide in. I've seen people do some pretty stupid stuff, like turning from the wrong lane.

Have you never had someone cut you off before? Don't you realise that vehicles are driven by people who are fallible and make errors?
Why does this group of motorcyclists who film their commute exist? Why do they ALL completely flip out and throw tantrums when another road user makes some mistake?
I absolutely guarantee that you have accidentally cut people off before and will do so again.

no, every jap i-4 I've had was smooth as shit.

It's one thing to make an error and not see someone, it's a whole different story running a red light you stupid motherfucker.

>running a red light
>mistake

This broke on my bike any idea for a quick fix?

Take bike to landfill

Yes. My Sportster is the WORST. Sometimes it takes several tries to click it into neutral when parking, but frequently shifts into neutral when upshifting to 2nd while riding... its very obnoxious

sometimes.....depends on what oil im using.

>sportster
theres your problem.

JB weld

Did you watch the video I was replying to?
Obviously people shouldn't run red lights, but believe it or not, someone else breaking the law makes it no less pathetic when you respond by acting like a cry-baby.
Watch the video; while the rider is riding alongside the van he spends more time watching the van than he does the road, waiting for the driver to turn and see him. Humorously the driver either doesn't notice or doesn't care about the riders presence.
The driver's driving is obviously rude and potentially dangerous, but at no point in this video is the rider at risk of injury or damage to his bike. A better man would shrug off this nuisance and get on with his life.
If my life descended to the point that I was filming my commute, annotating it and then posting it on a Chinese sex-cartoon bulletin board I think I would kill myself.

>All these people shifting into neutral when parking
?????

Got offered a job at Zero Motorcycles

Should I take it?

took my xr650 out for a fucking rip today

left all the dr650 and kawashitty klr650 babbys in the dust crying and sucking each other off

youtube.com/watch?v=0Nyms5hPe6A&t=25s

>they will never hit 90 mph without pissing themselves

What's the job user? Where do you live?
What do you think of Zero's bikes?

no, why would you work at a place where there are no bikes?

If the rider just followed traffic without regard for the mongoloid running the red light he would've been hit. While I'd usually agree with you running a red light is indefensible.

>If my life descended to the point that I was filming my commute, annotating it and then posting it on a Chinese sex-cartoon bulletin board I think I would kill myself.
And yet here you are.

Mechanical engineer
It'll be in Cali near San Jose
I don't like electric bikes because they're fucking shit for casuals

>driving like a squid in squid gear
I hope for your sake you hit the asphalt at a speed high enough your helmet won't save you.

how come bikes dont use drum brakes any more? or at least not as much as they used to. discs are just better? why?

please answer as if im a retard

What did you do today?

>got new tires

Discs are better in basically every way except cost.

thanks man love you bro.
>being a fag

wow

Disc brakes are generally considered superior to drum brakes for several reasons. First, disc breaks do a better job dissipating heat. Under severe use, such as repeated hard stops or riding the brakes down a long incline, disc brakes take longer than drum brakes to lose effectiveness, which is a condition known as "brake fade." Disc brakes also perform better in wet weather, because centrifugal force tends to fling water off the brake disc and keep it dry, whereas drum brakes will collect some water on the inside surface where the brake shoes contact the drums.

how much did you get yours for?

>If the rider just followed traffic without regard for the mongoloid running the red light he would've been hit.
>running a red light is indefensible.

You have no right to walk through life with your eyes closed. People make mistakes and people break the law, this ought to be painfully obvious to anyone who rides a motorbike. It is also why most countries require you to have at least third-party insurance for a registered vehicle.
Obviously I'm not defending the van driver running a red, I'm pointing out the fact that the rider blew everything out of proportion and acted like a cry-baby.

I own a Honda. Every other gear is neutral.

Hondas new shift pattern

>1
>N
>2
>N
>3
>N
>4
>N
>5
>N
>6

Interesting. I'd probably take the job, one would assume that electric motorcycles in California is a growth market.

How am I a fag?

What Honda do you ride?
I have a CB1100, I can honestly only remember having two or three false neutrals and I've owned it for about four years.

Just put my steel braided front brake line on and bled the system. Have lots of stuff for the weekend

Tried to explain to someone what an sv1000 is in traffic
>no its not a hayabusa
>no it doesn't have 4 cyclinders
>no its not inline
>no its not made anymore
>yes thats go pro
>no its not for youtube
all in cuban mind you

thanks user, fantastic post. if i ever see you out riding ill throw a gallon of gas your way as a thank you.

then ill set you on fire

you do things i dont like

you arent allowed to do that faggot

smashing someones mirror would only make the situation a lot worse. You're thinking with emotions, dont thats dangerous.
I mean it usually goes like this;

>car cuts someone off
>biker honks and does international wtf symbol
>"oh gosh darn, I didnt see him. thats embarrassing il lookout next time"

vs

>car cuts biker off
>biker honks REEEEEE SMASH NORMIES
>cops called for road rage/property damage (they'll be there fast)
>"officer she cut me off!"
>ok maybe but you smashed her mirror

I had only 1 false neutral in my life before I got my F4i. That bike caught false neutrals all the time unless I really jammed the lever hard. Also it didn't always bring the shifter back to the center position so the next time I tried to shift it would do nothing.

yes

I like the APE manual cam chain adjusters rebranded as something expensive. How much did you pay? What bike?

>Take corner real hard
>Peg scrapes
>Upsets the bike
>Skids
>Nearly high side
>Slap balls into tank
>Still saved it
>mfw