Hoovie finished his Apollo 911 LS-swap.

youtube.com/watch?v=DZfUln_t4MY

What's your excuse you lazy slob?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jAgQETYgKuc&ab_channel=MightyCarMods
hauteag.com/services/ls-engine-swaps/
996ls1.blogspot.com.au/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its too bad he did it to a 996. Wish he would have bought a more beloved era to swap an LS engine to just to feel the butthurt.

Cause I'm too poor to afford anything.

fuel economy's gonna be fucking shit without all the hot new MCM fuel economy tips
youtube.com/watch?v=jAgQETYgKuc&ab_channel=MightyCarMods

>What's your excuse you lazy slob?
He didn't do the work. He paid to have it done.
His video quality is terrible, his personality is terrible, he is just a terrible channel trying to cop views by throwing money around.

in truth he is more of a car dealer than someone who normally wrenches on their own projects like MCM do... thats why had to pay for the labour on all of his shitboxes.

He's a Doug copycat and he flat out admits it every other video. At least Doug has a presentable voice and demeanor. Hoovie just seems weird. Especially that one video where he takes his whole fucking family up a mountain or something in a 25 year old minivan. Super awkward.

I'd stop working on my car if I could find a garage that charged what his guy does. Everyone around here starts at around $100/hour.

I'm almost positive that guy is a serial murderer. He talks just like Bundy

>implying he isnt either paying someone that money, or a youtuber did it

do not post hoovey here he is too pure for you people

this, but multiplied by a factor of 12.

It also cost him twice as much as he though it would, so we'll into the mid-$20k range

I think I'll just buy a 911 engine for my Boxster for like $7k and rebuild it for like $3k. No need to chop up the chassis either

There's a shop in my town that specializes in LS swaps. I'd only drive a Porsche with a proper engine, I can't stand the sound of flat 6's.

hauteag.com/services/ls-engine-swaps/

911 is a fwd car driving in reverse. How is that cool?

I didn't know the rear wheels did the steering

what an amalgamation of shit

>makes as much power as a 996 Turbo
>weighs like 500 lbs less
Sounds shit right?

Sounds a lot better than the stock engine.

If there's one thing GM excels at, it's at exhaust notes.

>parents are millionaires
>hook up son with well paying gig
>son splurges on car projects and keeps claiming to be broke and stupid to appeal to actually stupid masses
>convinces mechanic friend to do the entire job for peanuts despite being loaded

I don't have a 911, and if I did I wouldn't LS swap it.

He seems to work in some fringe area where "I bought the cheapest/shittiest so and so". He looks for unique cars that might interest viewers since Doug and everyone has the regular car vids on lockdown.

Here's how I got fucked buying the highest mileage POS mercedes SUV!

RE RE RE my nigger tier mercedes got stolen at a shady car wash!

I bought this malaise era land barge! WOW what a deal for such an anchor!

I would not be surprised if here were waist deep in credit card debt. no way his finances all his shit with his day job and youtube channel. Hes absolutely not well off or rich, hence the shit tier cars.

>convinces mechanic friend to do the entire job for peanuts despite being loaded

Kek, the dude is probably in like 50k credit card debt.

Its almost always better to get a replacement car rather than fuck with installing a new engine.

Hes gonna be lucky if that video even nets him $1000 over the life of it.

Idiot could just bought another on copart since we know hes so partial to beat pieces of shit.

>yuropoor education

>Le big tongue shouting jew man
lel m8, pls

>Somehow got the Porsche and Chevrolet computers to talk to each other enough to get most of the gauges working

Sounds like someone's going to be chasing little electrical gremlins for the rest of its operable life soon enough

His tachometer was DOA kek.

I seriously hope he doesn't try to sell it a few years down the line, he's completely fucked if he thinks he can recoupe his losses that way.

I wouldn't buy it desu. Guy seems like a fucking moron, I mean, I think sometimes what it'd be like to LS swap random vehicles but who the fuck is autistic enough to actually spend over 25k to do it?

A guy with a lot of mommy and daddy's money.

>Its almost always better to get a replacement car rather than fuck with installing a new engine.

Kinda sounds like the attitude of someone who doesn't wrench

>le youtube arrows
Nope. Not clicking.

does anyone know the name of the music he uses in the intro ? its ironically very good

it was already shit when he bought it and being a 996 it's not like you could get a lot for one of those to begin with

>muh butthurt
Dumb nigger. The 996 is perfect for this, what with the prevalence of the IMS bearing failure meme. Moreover, the only thing that upsets a Porsche purist more than a 996 is a 996 quicker than whatever their favourite series is.

>996ls1.blogspot.com.au/
This bloke did it and did all the work himself. A pity he sold the car to some knob who Paul Walkered.

But LS engines sound like shit compared to OHC V8s.

thing is fast no doubt but why? i don't get the LS swap meme. only a few cars have good chassis and shit engines. mr2s and miatas come to mind; putting an LS into them would honestly make sense, but a fucking porsche? the 996 makes 300hp stock so it's plenty fast, and balanced/refined. spending 17k on an LS swap is just stupid. this guy has more money than sense. he clearly only did it for the memes.

The original engine died a bit after he got it if I remember right, and so he did this. Probably for attention.

As for the LS swap meme, inexpensive, and makes allot of power per buck, there's even variants for people who need to uber save money like pulling one of the truck engines from the junkyard, and they take boost like a prom queen takes dick. Granted some LS swaps, this one for instance, make far less sense than others.

>inexpensive
it's not though. building/turbo'ing your stock motor is almost always cheaper

He thought that the LS swap would be cheaper

He had a dead engine and the LS makes as much power as a much more expensive 911 Turbo

>LSfag enablers

It's a 996 who cares?

kek, those diesel tier revs on takeoff.

Elderfag here.

How comes northstar swaps are not popular anymore?

This. Nobody cares what you do to a 996.

because northstars are unreliable.

lol headgaskets

What's European equivalent of LS engines?

See

There isn't one. Not to mention that in most EU countries swapping the engine is illegal.

Not illegal, just expensive.

You mean not illegal if you're rich

Isn't that going to run really hot?

They overheated from stock with the stuck big radiator and roomy engine bays.

stock*

Or if you know the right people that can help guide you through the inspections.
It's nowhere near as easy as in the US obviously, but far from impossible in many countries.

I'm curious, did he run coolant lines the length of the vehicle? Or if he kept the cooling system nearby, how did he ensure adequate air flow?

Probably used the stock 996 cooling system, which has 2 or 3 rads in the front.

bmw m50 straight-6

You realize 996s are the first watercooled 911s right?

>Lets sacrifice weight balance in an already precarious RR Situation for POWER

I hate every single one of you faggots

>He didn't do the work. He paid to have it done.

But he did do some work on it, just not all of it. Did you not watch any of his videos about this?

>Hes absolutely not well off or rich, hence the shit tier cars.
Have yous seen his house? He's not exactly hurting, plus his dad owns some of the Freddy's franchises here in Kansas and close around and he used to own his own dealership before working more for his dad.

I thought it ended up around 17-18k?

>the 996 makes 300hp stock so it's plenty fast, and balanced/refined.

But the LS2 from a Corvette makes 400hp so it's faster and still balanced because the weight is close. Also, the LS2 responds to mods a lot better and has a much cheaper aftermarket.

Northstars that have had the studs done are perfectly reliable though.

>996 3.4 weighs 440-485lbs
>fully dressed LS2 457-497lbs

It's almost like you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

The LS weighs the same or less depending on how much you spend on it. #savetheplaneenginesfortheplanes

It's almost like you have no clue how balance and center of gravity work

>muh CoG
M96s have stupid high CoGs for flat units.

Because the northstar is a shit engine

Hoovie also literally had a shop do the entire install

>just $500 and an afternoon bro

>opens video with "by some miracle"

yea dude can't fucking wait to get into my own swap

That's why 20 hours in labor was deducted?

I don't have 15 grand to toss into a ditch in rural Alabama

>poorfag busriders complaining about someone paying others more skilled to do the mechanical work

have fun electrocuting yourselves when you rewire your house, because you didn't want to be a "soft-hand pussy" for hiring an electrician

The whole thing had to be rewired and they had to cut an access panel into the 911. Probably more than 100 hrs spent on it

Exactly. Hoovie did the easy shit like getting the engine in and bolting things together. The hard part was getting the Porsche and GM computers to talk to each other

>LS
>Quick
Pick one.

What some of these poorfags dont understand is sometimes it''s more cost efficient to pay someone to do something whilst you're out earning some extra cash.

That implies they have jobs