Just started a sinking fund for my dream car, is this a good idea or am I fucking up big time...

Just started a sinking fund for my dream car, is this a good idea or am I fucking up big time? What can I look forward to as far as repairs and such?

Also questions that don't deserve their own thread.

You want a Testarossa???? Good luck

In the US one can be had for ~$110,000, seen them go for lower though. I don't have any debt and I'm making some good money (to the tune of $81,000/yr), no spouse or kids or anything, so if I can put about $1,500 every month in the fund then I'll be having the testarossa within around 6 years. I can put more money in teebeeache, but I'm not sure

do you have a house with a garage? get one of those first.

Gonna work on it, right now I'm in a condo but I'm going to move out soon. Been saving for a house for some time, and I'm about there. The house I'm looking at has a decent garage and a decent neighborhood. No way in hell I'm keeping my testarossa outside, lest some angry normie keys the fuck out of it.

You know where to go if you are interested in its quirks and features

then sure, a ferrari fund isn't a bad idea.

Don't drive anything you're not comfortable with pushing to the limit and totaling. You're just going to wind up keeping it in your garage and rubbing it with a diaper.

>testarossa
>good condition
>2017
>less than 150k
>implying the price will NOT change during the years it takes you to get the cash
>you still have no own garage

Dude, if you somehow get the car (i dont blame you, my dream super car is a ferrari F40) and you somehow dont get broke you will find out why ferraris dont stay afloat with their civilian car department.

They are borderline homologation cars. They are track queens and fun cars, you dont daily drive them, if you are above 5'11' they are likely to be uncomfortable, and you cant even fucking improve them one bit without either being overpriced because >muh classic ferrari or a lot of people bitching at you for ruining perfection.

>Implying I would ever daily drive it
I have a Civic for that, it's not like I have unrealistic expectations of "hurr durr I'm gonna be just like Miami Vice and daily a testarossa". I'll take it out for the weekends, don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna just leave it in some showroom. Cars were meant to be driven, and this one is no exception.

Also, >tfw 5'10"

Well, you still have to remember ferraris are not comfortable. Lambos as much flak as it gets for being the pussy's fast cars are made to be comfortable. Ferraris aint. If you want to spend so much money in a desired classic super car just dont expect it to have luxury options or to have nice seats or a lot of roomspace or trunk space.

B'sides, what i said before applies. Your job aint cutting it. Specially because the car will increase in value as time goes on.

Sorry some cars are not made to be driven everyday. This is one of them.

>Also questions that don't deserve their own thread.
I want a car that is tall and doesn't get stuck in puddles or scraps its floor passing speed bumbs when its fully loaded and carrying 4 fatass passengers plus the driver, has some power(something over 150bhp would be okay) and is modern enough to let me connect my phone to it and listen to music.

any recommendations Veeky Forums?

A pickup truck.

I guess...

>Well, you still have to remember ferraris are not comfortable
Wild guess, you don't own one.
I do, and at 6'3 it's still not uncomfortable.
I've driven Lambos too, and they're less comfortable, not more.
As for the rest of the stuff you posted:
>homologation
>fun cars
>job ain't cutting it
>will increase in value over time
All true.

>no luxury options
>not lots of roomspace or trunk space
True, but these aren't a news flash to most people.

>can't improve them without being overpriced
Given what these cars tend to be worth, if you were a mechanic, would you or would you not charge out the ass to someone who owns a car they could (demonstrably) sue you (for possibly millions) for ruining?
Keep in mind that it's likely they have the financial firepower to do so.

I aint talking about options here. But ferraris are delicate machinery. I've not worked on them but i've worked on some sports car, and you can feel a difference between a shitbox and a corvette in terms of fragility. I would not imagine how easy it is to fuck up a ferrari. Even more considering the testarossa is an overdesired classic.

I always think of classic ferraris as more of a show off toy, barely a fun car to begin with, since the point of having a dedicated track car to begin with is that you dont have much fear of fucking it up and needing a new one. You cant do that with a ferrari.

>fun car
>dedicated track car
Two different things. While I might take my car to the track, I still enjoy pushing its limits on local roads/highways. Losing control and fucking your ride up is always a possibility while doing this (with any car), it's just a question of cost to fix/replace it. While the costs of doing that with a Ferrari are steeper than average, the owner is going to look at it the same way as a guy with a Honda who totaled his.
Namely, he can buy another Ferrari like the other guy can buy another Honda.

Big difference between a Testarossa and a 360. Testarossas are the least tall person friendly Ferrari of the era aside from the 308/328. The pedal box is very small and severely offset. My knuckles hit the windshield when driving aggressively.

They are the most labor intensive Ferraris to service of the modern era (the 512TR is a bit tougher but those are well out of the reasonable price range now). I don't think the price they are peaking at right now is reasonable, they will probably drop down as this boom flattens out.

>360
Who said anything about a 360?

Good to know. Was unaware the clearance varied so much from model to model. Also sounds like there's several models I'd rather drive than own.
A bitch, considering I want a 328.

I assumed you were the guy with the 360 since that's the only poster that owns a Ferrari on Veeky Forums. Didn't realize you were vaguely alluding to own a mystery model.

FUCKING sound advice here boys.

Rent one first regardless (I would say rent it and leave it at that).

>the only poster that owns a Ferrari on Veeky Forums
Really?
From the posts I read, several anons own F40's.

Fuck man, I'd say just buy one in GTAO instead and be done with it. Good luck either way though, shit's gonna be expensive. To get a rough idea on why Ferrari is still around have a look at Doug Demuro's F40 video. He goes over the expenses you can expect from them. It's obviously not going to be the same as an F40, but it's the same ballpark.
Get an SUV them m8. If I was going to get something like that I'd get a Discovery or Defender or something, but that's just my tastes. You might be better served by a crossover.

Get a wrangler