Driverless Electric Racing Car

A driverless electric race car that could "open a new dimension" in motorsport

>Drive PX 2, provided by nVidia, can best teach artificially intelligent vehicles to drive like professionally trained humans.

>Roborace cars would reach top speeds in excess of 300 kilometers per hour, or 186 mph. As The Verge notes, that would make it even faster than Audi's self-driving RS 7 race car, which is rated for up to 174 miles per hour.

Sponsorships
Allianz - German financial services company
Daniel Simon - German Designer, who designed Roborace
DHL - German logistics company
VISA
nVidia
Michelin

The sources say there are the rumors about MB and Porsche are planning to implement the driverless electric race car in Formula E Season 6 (2019–20).

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFCV1bKyVL4
youtube.com/watch?v=GTEBewANu8I
youtube.com/watch?v=PgL0--RIqgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The place I work at has had more than one kind of annual robot car race for years and years. They're quite popular, at least among the nerds and the geeks.

But I don't know if you're going to get Joe Sixpack to tune in out of more than a bit of curiosity any more than you're going to get him to watch F1 races at all in the first place. Seems like some stupid thing an academic came up with.

>Autonomours Racing meme
It will be no longer meme in the future.

>Driverless Electric Racing Car
I remember getting one of these for Christmas when I was 7

Boring, and a symbolic embrace of a future with no freedom. No point in making them the size of cars that carry people and taking up space better used for them except to push the continually more restrictive progressive narrative. Only worth watching while chained into a VR helmet, unable to leave the house and actually accomplish something. Utterly depressing.

what to do when one crashes ?
any reason to morn its loss

wew lads

>quick guys how do we make f1 even more boring?
meanwhile, we got touring car masters over here racing actual muscle cars and even shit like 911s in an exciting manner.
youtube.com/watch?v=HFCV1bKyVL4

But...why?

Trickle down to production cars.

Imagine a grid full of cars on the freeway traveling 200+ mph all with autonomous cars capable of driving skills the equivalent of Fernando Alonso on meth and cocaine.

that... is actually a great point...
these cars could drive faster and do more insane shit than humans would ever be allowed to do, there could be no safety regulations and then it all gets translated to on road technology.

i see.

Haha in 20 years time, F1 is gonna be obsolete.

Racing improves the breed.
Manufacturers can test self driving technology and it increases consumer confidence.

Imagine a city crowded enough to require that. Nobody would have enough personal space to do anything but sit in their resicube and watch tv. Nobody would be able to leave the city. Nobody would be able to even go shopping or go out to eat. Every attempt to do anything is blocked by a hundred other people, or by laws preventing you from doing anything so as to not bother the thousands of people around you at all times. There's no privacy. There's no fun. There's no grass or trees. The only illusion of freedom comes from indulging in addictions.

Not a world worth living in.

Not a sport

Why not drone cars??

Just have the drivers in the pits, going balls to the wall through a simulator with cars that go around corners at like 300kmh. They could be super light, super fast and have very few regulations

More like 50. It will start with displays of a 40 year old Max Verstoppen vs an autonomous car on a circuit. The driverless car wins by a large margin. They finally pay the next young hotfoot in F1 a dump truck full of money to do an "exhibition" race. And the driverless car wins again.

Now take it a step further. Imagine door to door pick up and drop off locations in front of stores. Your keys now become a homing signal and return function. Get dropped off at the front door to the store and off it goes to park it's self. Go shopping for food, with a cart full of groceries. Return to the loading zone and push a button, your car drives it's self to the loading area, and opens the trunk. Load up your groceries, get inside, and let it drop you off in front of your house. We are just getting started. Then once the autonomous cars are mastered, we start developing flying cars.

We are already at that point in many metropolitan areas.

About as sad as when your toaster breaks down.

>your car

You don't own a car that you don't control. How can you own something that you merely tell where to go once and let it do all the thinking for you, with no possibility of or reason for exploration? A driverless future is a future where an information broker tells you where you're going to go, and tells a car how to take you there. You cannot see anything but for the information broker, for you cannot go anywhere without a car, and you need the broker to give you information to tell the car where to take you. We barely own our lives as it is, if driving is banned, we might as well sell ourselves into slavery and begin worshipping the Holy Google, for it is without the Holy Google that we are blind and incapable of any productivity. A flying vehicle will be no different. Hell, cars probably won't even nominally be your property, just a service provided by the powers that be so you can work to expand their influence.

If I have to live I such a world, I'm going to kill myself.

>tfw got to see this thing up close

This race was the most fun race I've ever seen, why isn't this more popular?

Put down the Gibson you flaming faggot.

No Australian racing series is very popular outside Australia.
here is the end of that race btw, they do it in 3 stages.
race 2
>youtube.com/watch?v=GTEBewANu8I
race 3
>youtube.com/watch?v=PgL0--RIqgo

The camera work alone in this is epic all races should be recorded like this

Daily reminder that when people go "hurr durrr, self-driving cars would totally help the shitty bumper to bumper commute system in America" is a gigantic fucking meme and many people have already debunked that this doesn't work at all.

traffic jams are a fluid problem.
its like honey trying to get through a small hole.

Soo RC cars?

>Krauts try and popularize 1:1 scale RC cars
Germans sure do have a pension for ruining everything.

Just look at their "solutions" to timing belts.

> driverless
> electric

why not a wheel with an engine in the middle?

But why
at least make them RC

German here. I love the idea, but they should let human drivers compete.

I want to witness the triumph of machine over man.

Who has debunked it?

>A driverless electric race car that could "open a new dimension" in motorsport
>sounds and looks like some good PSX era racing game
Yes please.

>dat pic

>Just look at their "solutions" to timing belts.
It is the fault of the bean counters, who picked cheap materials. Research first before post.

I'd be more interested in this if they were driven from the side line with scalextric controllers than being self driven.

>the XB Falcons