CVT WRX

Thoughts!????

dogshit
unless you are a dyke, go for it.

I don't think of it at all.

/thread

oh cool I wanted a automobile to accommodate my vaping lifestyle and need to protect my fragile masculinity.

If you're not willing to shift all the time, why not just buy an impreza?

Inb4 Subaru shill shits up the thread even further.

>cvt

>In the manual: Don't drive through grass, it can burn out the transmission

MUH RALLY GENES

wait for the hatchback

I have an automatic right now. Cvts are way worse than normal automatic. They break alot too

If you want an automatic look for a dual clutch DCT or get a automatic from a different company. Ford makes some good ones, mazda as well

Avoid CVT at all costs, they break alot too

It's shit, and this is coming from a subaru owner

yeah, haven't heard anything good about them yet, maybe their reliability will improve in a generation

Kys for even asking

Literally why?

If you want an auto then the wrx aint your car, go for the impreza

Is there a reason so many manufacturers make cvts if they know it can't take as much stress?

I assume they're thinking if they can get it right they'll have more MPG gibs and be all set for the electric car scene. The risk/reward ratio is too weird for it to not be coming from some kind of non-market forces.

I've test driven both the manual and the CVT WRX (the CVT was the only one the dealer had at the time so I gave it a go).

The CVT fucking sucks. It's fine for economy driving, but if you actually want to buzz around and go fast it's incredibly lame. The CVT WRX felt like a regular sedan that could go a little faster than normal. The manual WRX on the other hand felt like it had a completely different engine.

MPGs. That's it.
Of course, the retarded thing is that many of them use fixed gear ratios to be more like a conventional planetary gear automatic, completely destroying the point.

Did you have it in the Sport Sharp mode or whatever it's called?

I've heard that the CVT wasn't so bad, but then again I own one with a 6-speed.

I can get why it'd feel so different, though. CVT's were never meant for sudden bursts of torque. I mean just imagining a chain attempting to grip the drives sounds nightmarish.

The only reason why Subaru used a CVT in the WRX is because they weren't going to be spending the extra money to develop a brand new DCT or Torque Converter-based automatic just for one car - the CVT was already being used everywhere else so they just reinforced it and shoehorned it into the WRX to get more sales.

That's the other funny thing - the CVT WRX actually has LOWER estimated mpg numbers.

>I've heard that the CVT wasn't so bad, but then again I own one with a 6-speed.

It's better than the old slushmatics but not as good as a proper H pattern or DCT.

VAPE NAYSHUN

It wouldn't be Subaru if they didn't come up with a brilliant car and then did something completely retarded with it. Except they were serious, not just doing it for the lulz.

They are excellent at lasting the warranty period then failing spectacularly.

the only thing more cancerous would be a CVT Evo

So are perhaps 10 speed autos more efficient at least?

The Accord for people who wanted a Subaru

Accords are in a larger size class than WRXs. The Legacy would be Subaru's Accord competitor.