New Lancer EVO

Mitsubishi Just announced the comeback of the Lancer EVOLUTION. It will be supposesly all Electric, AWD and a crossover-coupe (Just like the Eclipse). Mitsubishi also supplied us with a concept tease.

Is mitsubishit, dare I Say it, a fucking lunatic?

Other urls found in this thread:

highsnobiety.com/2017/09/21/mitsubishi-evo-comeback/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wow, did they look at the BMW i8 and go "yeah, that's the new Evo alright" or some shit?

SPESS CAR

Damn shame.

???

>Crossover

Automagically shitty.

you know youd think the company that also makes main battle tanks wouldnt be scared to make a new sports car.

>it turns out to be some shitty crossover

This looks so horrible. Don't call this piece of shit an EVO Mitsu pls.
Let the EVO die in dignity

>Is mitsubishit, dare I Say it, a fucking lunatic?

no, they're fucking dead

As long as it beats any modern AWD sorts car, I'll be happy. It's also pretty sweet how much it's trolling the wannabe rally car drivers right now.

FUCK NISSAN
FUCK RENAULT
FUCK CARLOS GHOSN
ES NO DELICIA

>all Electric, AWD and a crossover-coupe

It's always been AWD

so it's pic related with an electric motor?

>crossover

Why does Mitsubishi continuously make horrible decisions?

Because the original board members were old conservative types who ruled over everything and we're no fun allowed honoraburr types
Now that they're run by Nissan-Renault, they're in an even worse position

It's not a Lancer Evolution. All these faggots thinking anytime they hear Evo from Mitsu it must be a lancer.

This is a testbed baby from the XR PHEV Evolution and the MIEV Evolution they ran at PPIHC for 3 years. If it looks yice, performs well, and has some pretty intriguing new tech I'll be into it. Using the Eclipse nameplate on their other crossover was a mistake, but do not be Autistic and think it's based on any of the Lancers because it has Evolution on it.

Carlos Ghosn has been pushing EV's for Mitsu and Nissan for the future. It may not ever be the fun ICE cars from the 90's, but if they get a good jump on the future and make fun cars that work on alternative fuels/hybrid/electric everyone else will be following suit. Volvo even stated all of their cars will be electric in a couple years.

Except it isn't the same company. Mitsubishi is a conglomerate company. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and MMC are no longer tied now the Renault-Nissan owns them.

Volvo stated that because the EU is fucking retarded and setting an unrealistic timetable for phasing out fossil fuels
Europe is a big market, but the bigger markets (US and China) are still reliant on fossil fuels and will still use them in the foreseeable future
It is premature and unrealistic to make EVs the focal point of your product lineup just because one market acts like a screaming child because it's filled with tree hugging communists

It's the combination.

It's also incredibly archaic to just think we'll use it until we use it up and not try and get the technology implemented and on a roll to make it efficient and reliable by the time we are out of our main fuel.

Gonna be auto only.

Why bother?

How would this in any way be an evo? Idiots.

See

Lel

Bet it'll be a crossover hybrid

>Won't have the god tier 4B11T or even a 4G63T
Why even bother

>Electric
>crossover
Into the trash it goes.

>Lancer

"Rather than an elevated version of the Lancer sedan, the Evo name will add an extra “e” to become the e-Evolution. The vehicle has been described as a “low slung, highly-aerodynamic SUV Coupe” that is rumored to have an electric AWD powertrain with “advanced Artificial Intelligence technology.”"

disgusting

>crossovert
I know they pretty much stopped giving a shit since forever, but goddamn if there's any car company that is the equivalent of low-functioning mental retardation, it's Mitsubitchshit.

When your biggest consumer base is third-world chinky-mudslime shitholes like Phillipines, you know you dun fucked up.

>“low slung, highly-aerodynamic SUV Coupe”
THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE
THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE IN THE SLIGHTEST

source?

highsnobiety.com/2017/09/21/mitsubishi-evo-comeback/
it's a shit site but It seems to line up with info from other sites that covered it

RRRRRANCE EVOWWWWW

That sounds progressive. Time to pre-order one :D

It won't beat any hot hatches

>When your biggest consumer base is third-world chinky-mudslime shitholes like Phillipines, you know you dun fucked up.

low-key kek'd, i hope a filipino nigger reads this.

Wtf is a crossover coupe?
I'm pretty darn sure the eclipse was just a coupe

flip here
this is sadly true, where even the yaris is seen as desireable.

Murifat here, I want me a three door Yaris with the 2ZR-FSE, the one shared with the Avensis

im sorry but thats too many pesos how about a 1.2L

This better be some sort of joke.

>too many pesos
Son, trust me, it ain't

>low slung, highly-aerodynamic SUV Coupe

This. Until I watched Initial D I didn't think Mitsubishi had ever made good cars.

Until a week ago I had no idea Mitsubishi was still in the US market.

As a owner of a evolution x, this pisses me off. I can not find a car comparable to what i have now with out spending about double to even get close. Now the new evo XI is gunna be shit great

>Hey, we're absolutely fading in the US market, what can we do?
>I heard one of our dealers in SoCal managed to see an Evo VI for almost $140K
>Let's build a new Evo, a car renowned for its racing pedigree and performance, as well as tunability amongst car enthusiasts
>Sounds like a plan to revive the brand
>But instead lets make it a boring electric monstrosity to attempt to compete with Tesla and BMW
>Sounds like we'll alienate fans of the brand and other consumers as well
>FUCK YOU MOM, I'LL MAKE IT ANYWAYS

And thus is the death siren of Mitsubishi.

You realize oil is used in variety of components than just fuel right? Electric cars are just a stop-gap as other form of fuel are.

Widely available fuel cell vehicles when?

From my knowledge mitsubisbi aren't doing that well. By making a car which will probably sell well to all the normies that are eating up all these shitty crossovers. Maybe if they actually make a profit they can spend on R&D for more niche sports cars

or end up like nissan

when will Mitsu return to making good cars?

pic related, very comfy & reliable

never. That era is gone. These days it is all about electricity, ecology, connectivity.

True story
>be me, decent photographer
>friendly user gets invited for test rides in Subaru dealership on promo day
>I get superexcited because I daily old Scoobie (but don't vape)
>go with user as his photographer
>expecting some STi for test rides
>mfw only cars available for testrides are N/A
>not a single one of them has a clutch pedal
>CVT mayhem with underpowered cityengines and glorified haldex awd
>gtfo imediatelly cuz I want to live in a denial - I want to believe that Subaru still makes good reliable very driving friendly cars that don't care about ergonomics, design or fuel consumption

>when will Mitsu return to making good cars?
when they actually start making cars again instead of shitty crossovers

>tfw you will never be able to 3D print you'rea're own dream car
I just want to download an Evo ;_;

....I-i.... know.... that shadow.... n-no! It cant be!!

....its uncanny.

Does it come with dildos in the seat and estrogen injectors?

That's only for miatas