Why do people drop $20-30k on these new modern "sports" cars that can't even spin tires in 2nd gear or come with LSD...

Why do people drop $20-30k on these new modern "sports" cars that can't even spin tires in 2nd gear or come with LSD instead of putting that money into a 600hp fully built 80-90s roller?

Even on older used cars. Brother just spent $9k on a used V6 mustang. He could have built a street/mild strip 302 and put it in an older mustang for that price tag.

Other urls found in this thread:

bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/home/nurburgring-laptimes/427-fastest-motorcycle-lap-of-the-ring-really
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>why do people buy new cars when they could buy old cars????

Why buy cars when you can spend sub $20k on a super sport bike and walk any car under $100k right out of the crate with minimal to no mods?

Why spend $20k on a super sport bike when you can spend $3-4000 on a mid 00s Yamaha R1?

bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/home/nurburgring-laptimes/427-fastest-motorcycle-lap-of-the-ring-really

Why spend $4000 on a R1 when you can spend $200 on a glock and shoot anyone faster than you?

Everything about dailying a newer car is better. If you're at the point where you're considering a weekend car then I'd say your logic holds true, but most people want a car they can actually enjoy driving somewhere besides the track.

>why aren't people benchracers like me

Not dying is kinda my thing.

>glock
>$200
noguns confirmed

You get spoiled with all the new technology it makes going back to the old shit hard

Most people also worry about insurance rates and smog laws for modified cars.

Why spend $200 on a glock when you can spend $100 on a rusted CB750 and $100 on sandpaper, plastidip and fake chrome and then park it at a cafe so nobody will ever know how fast or slow it really is?

Yeah, I live in a white neighborhood so I never needed one.

Why hurr when you can durr

>CB750
That's sexy as fuck and I hate bikes. Post more.

Person who hasn't ridden a bike: Wow, that looks cool
person who has ridden a bike: I'm getting sore just looking at that retarded shit.

>Why spend money?

>need
Well there's your problem

here's hoping for your continued success at not dying, but I have to admit, long term I'm not optimistic.

>Everything about dailying a newer car is better.
Except...
New cars don't smell like gasoline.
New cars don't make engine noise.
New cars don't vibrate as you go through the RPMs.
New cars don't respect your privacy.
New cars don't have cheap and/or simple fixes to simple issues.
New cars don't have character.
New cars don't let you drive without some computer interfering.
New cars don't actually spare the environment because making the car offsets any potential emissions reduction.
New cars don't actually save you money because the initial investment offsets any potential mileage improvements.
New cars don't actually save your ass either because airbags are fucking lethal and they're designed to protect pedestrians more so than occupants.

Fuck new cars.

>airbags are fucking lethal
>this bait again