Daily reminder that these are the tires 80,000 lb semis are driving on

Daily reminder that these are the tires 80,000 lb semis are driving on

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruckersreport.com/truck-overweight-85900lbs-needs-2nd-tow-truck/
youtube.com/watch?v=aMHhOk4FSb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*breaks your windshield*

*drives 500 more miles before realizing it's blown*

semi tire explosion is a major hazard when working in a tire shop, although steps are taken to minimize the risk.

at least you guys have tire cages
when theyre driving next to you on the highway and they pop its a whole different story

b get some coco lotion u ashy

a relative of mine has a tractor trailer with 30-year old 10.00R20 tires, which have even more dry rot than OPs pic, but he doesn't want to buy new ones. I'm amazed they haven't blown up yet.

thetruckersreport.com/truck-overweight-85900lbs-needs-2nd-tow-truck/
>laughs in the face of 80,000 lbs

>160000lbs
Get that shit out of my face

IIRC, that is actually a standard weight for Australia's road trains

what could it possibly be hauling that weighs so much?

Yeah, but not in a single trailer and 18 tires.

Veeky Forumsbligatory yo mama joke here

i've seen trucks like that transporting transformers and the like for power stations

It was a massive generator if I remember right

beep beep

wrf

excuse me coming thru

Alberta does not fuck around

> tfw have a tiny car where my head is at semi-tire level

I have a 1979 tractor with the original tires.
I also never drive it on the road

>YFW TOO CLOSE TO DODGE IT

I had that happen a couple months ago. Thank fuck I had my windows up.

Looks straight our of a science-fiction movie.

THIS IS A COMICALLY WIDELOAD

LOOK AT THAT PUNY PICKUP FOR SCALE

THEYRE DEFINITELY TAKING OUT THAT LIGHT POLE

Just duck.

That thing actually has thread left... get that weak shit outta here

Now THIS is the real shit. Here you have a normal tire you'll have eastern-european truck drivers driving on when they're transporting their precious cargo in northern-scandinavian mountain passes

This is more like it.

There is a bar I frequent which you have a good view of the main Street into town.

I have seen 3 trucks blow tires on that street in the last 5 years. It may not sound like much but think about how many times you were sat at a bar to witness a truck tire pop 4' away from predestrians.

its cheaper to just retread the tire and drive them till they pop instead of replace them when they wear down

Truck tires get like 3 retreads before they thrown them out because of sidewall degredation

Is the rear carriage steerable? If so, how?

>oversize load

>THEYRE DEFINITELY TAKING OUT THAT LIGHT POLE

Nope. They just steer the back end around it.

Looks like a nuclear reactor pressure vessel

>blows up next to you when you're on a bike

>August 2005
Those are a bit dated.

I was a tire dog for 7 years, and I had to call the cops on a few truckers for shit like this.

They come in with a flat and want me to fix it, but the carcass is 12 years old and retread is ready to peel. I tell them I can't fix it and they need a new tire. They say nevermind and try to leave.

But I can't let them leave. If I let them leave and the tire blows, the company or I could be liable for it. They try to leave anyways and I have to take their plate and call the cops. I even had a guy get his thumper out and chase me, but luckily there's 4 other guys at the shop with me.

But most of the truckers are cool and and just want everything fixed right. And the trucks are leased, so we just bill the lease company.

The point isn't tread, it's dry rot you retarded europoor

I don't understand what's so impressive about this.

They have strong man competitions were people Hercules C130s.

I should've been more specific - an individual with two fucking legs pulls military transportation aircraft.

FUCK. I DON'T NEED TO THINK ABOUT THIS.

I actually saw that very truck and the Endeavor just a few days ago. I didn't see anything especially strange underneath, but there was a barcode on what I think was a metal cover for the driveshaft. They used it to pull it over bridges too narrow for the super manuverable platforms it was normally on.

I should have snapped a pic. If any anons are in LA, it's on an exhibit in the parking lot for the California Science Center. There's also an SR-71 trainer and a garden.

that's why they have 18 of them

>i've seen trucks like that transporting transformers

no wai

MULTI AXLE DORIFTO

youtube.com/watch?v=aMHhOk4FSb4

And thats what I meant - its a tire in such good condition that it even had thread, which means that the driver is a pussy who fears hydroplaning

Saw one truck on the road, the inner tire was so bald it was shooting sparks because it was worn down to the steel belts

>didn't know about tire rot that much
>read the thread
>realize my frontier is starting to get tire rot

All Russian drivers are crazy. Car passing truck meets truck passing snow plow. What are the odds?

>Is the rear carriage steerable?
Yes. There's a cab with a second driver and steering gear in the rear carriage.

Seen that lots of times in the Pacific Northwest on logging trucks and Boeing hauling wings down the road.

Forgot pic

Somebody, somewhere... please

Neat

Truckerfag here, DOT regs for drive treadwear are 2/32" which is practically nothing, but they cannot have dry rot, sidewall damage or significant shoulder damage. Steer tires are 4/32" and much of the same. Most of us get them done before they get to the 2/32" point I am due in the next couple of weeks for 4 new drives on my rig.

I'd daily drive this if I were an eccentric millionaire

The truck driver gets my respect. The cam car driver pulled out like a retard there. Truly the snowfags learn how to handle low grip best than anyone.

> blows up next to you when you're sitting in your mr2

Can you explain the purpose of fuck huge lug nuts please? Thanks!

Maybe the fact that it weighs 40 tons?

(ME ON THE BOTTOM)

>SMASHED AND SLAMMED

CUZ DEY LOOK KOOL

too bad there's no engine

I don't see the problem here, it's just the outer layer if the casing and you can't see any cords or zippers.

Fuck, I'd drive on it. From experience it's more how a casing has been treated rather than how it looks that contributes to blowouts.

>uiuiuiuiuioh
>vodka
They barely give a fuck.

That won't end well...

SUCH IS LIFE IN THE ZONE

That doesn't explain why they need to stick out. The design behind them must be able to be improved upon

Yeah, the tread wears out way before the carcass and sidewall on commercial vehicle tires. It'd be more common practice on passenger tires if not for the stigma against them.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to put anything you'd want in there.....

>anything you'd want in there
You know very well that there is only one option

In drunken shitholes you tend to face death so many times you stop worrying.

I have a feeling that the afterlife is just Russia and if you die, you end up there anyways.

DOT regs are 475ft.lb. per nut do you really want that wheel coming off at 65mph

>tfw they still do

FUCKIN ELL

WHAT KINDA CRAZY ASS TORQUE WRENCH DOES 500FTLBS

I'VE NEVER SEEN A PASSENGER CAR LUG ABOVE 100

>he doesn't have a 6 ft long torque wrench

you wouldn't happen to have a link to the original thread for this, would you?

Well, depending on the method the wheels attach. Hub pilot and Stud pilot can be torqued between 450 and 500ft-lbs. Dayton's can be torqued up to 300ft-lbs

>"your mom's new dildo is here"

>>SMASHED AND SLAMMED
ahaha

>I'VE NEVER SEEN A PASSENGER CAR LUG ABOVE 100

Maybe because it's a passenger car and not a truck?

It's not so bad. You can drink and drink and just drink s'more.

That is simply adorable.

BONED UP

Bought a car (usa) and am looking to get insurance, the car is worth 3k (not a civic lel) and I'm wondering what is the most economic approach for car insurance. How do you typically insure your car? Who do you typically use for insurance? Any tips/tricks to keep premiums & copays low? Located in Utah if that changes anything.

are those trucks in the back pushing it from behind? what

Yes. Shits heavy and there's big hills.

>tfw your mind put the word behind the truck cab together as "manlet"

there is literally nothing special about this, ask any person that tows heavy on a regular basis if they are more worried about the acceleration or stopping, and every single one will say stopping.

you could literally move that entire plane with a 5hp brigs and stratton if it was geared correctly,. however there is zero chance in hell that truck could even come close to slowing that plane down once it started moving.