If you're having a bad day, just remind yourself you aren't driving a 1.3 diesel Fiat

If you're having a bad day, just remind yourself you aren't driving a 1.3 diesel Fiat.

You're welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ruECU48iNI8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm atheist and I thank God every day I don't drive a fiat

yaknow what they say FIAT stands for dontcha?
fix
or
repair
daily

I drive a 1.4 diesel Toyota.

I’d rather drive a fiat Punto than be a busrider

This is the car I learned on when I visited my grandparents in yurop. God machine confirmed.

What's even the point of a diesel in such a small car?
I get 5l/100km on my 1.3 petrol shitbox, how much better can a diesel do to justify all the drawbacks over petrol?

FOUND
IN
AORD
TEAD

actually made me feel slightly better

thanks user.

About 20 years ago there was a big push from European governments for people to switch to diesels because the idea was lower fuel consumption meant fewer emissions. As such European cars all have diesel options from the bottom to the top of the range

Which drawback should diesel have? The only cancer I see is the DPF.
An 1.3l mJet engine can easily reach 3l/100km maybe less if really pushed.

So it can stink and be slow while it's being a shitbox that makes people just not want to have a car at all.

driving a manual Yaris atm. Easily best dd I've ever had

You're thinking of a Ford, Dale.

lmao he took his trip off, what a butthurt little dago

Thank god, I'd much rather a Focus RS.

Fix
It
Again
Tony
?

Man, I drive 2l diesel and fuel economy is shit. 9/100 in the city. I'd rather have any petrol car. At least they are easier to work on.

What the FUCK 2L diesel do you have that does 9l/100 city???

Not that senpai but the 2.0TDI from VAG does 9L/100km city, aswell as the 2.0 diesel from BMW.

E46 with M47 engine

I had a golf TDI, if i gunned it everywhere I got 7l/100

Jesus, thats pretty bad, sorry I guess for sperging out

Try 1.6 Opel.

>at least it's petrol

>tfw 1.4 liter Fiat
Anyone got a 1.5 now so we can keep this going?

Yeah, let me just go rev my 1.4 diesel Peugeot, that'll show them.

Yeah much worse than the 1.3L Opel Agila Automatic I'm currently using

Oh wait

>tfw you drive 1.9 DIESEL fiat
welp, at least it's one of the best sub-2l diesels ever made

don't feel too bad
youtube.com/watch?v=ruECU48iNI8

>9/100 city
Seriously are you that naive? Every car diesel or petrol will guzzle in cities, and as a matter of fact diesel engines wear out faster in those environment as they are meant for constant RPM cruising

No...

FIAT =

Fix
It
Again
Tomorrow

It's louder which isn't a big deal in an expensive car with good sound deadening, but it makes these cheap shitboxes feel like farm equipment.
If you're such a poorfag or cheapskate you can't install an LPG conversion and run on fuel which costs 1/2 of what petrol does per L.
Diesels stop being cheap the moment something goes wrong with them, they are more expensive to fix as a rule of thumb and other parts like clutches are usually more expensive too.
They are a pain in the ass in winter and take longer to warm up the coolant thus you're freezing your ass of longer when you get in the car on a cold winter morning.
It's arguably better suited for bigger cars where the extra torque helps with highway overtaking, and they've got less usable rev range than a petrol engine making them less enjoyable imho.

You are like little baby

Try diesel Peugeot

I wouldn't even want that kind of mpg. That just sounds emasculating.

it could be worse, it's not an Awfully Loose Failing Automobile

Found
In
Aoad
Tead

Do you realize that the only difference between gasoline and diesel engine is the lack of throttle body and spark plugs?
Also for argument sake I did have LPG and you know what, I was in and out shops because LPG makes the fuel injectors go boom. Yes you may jew off some gas money but you'll have to buy a new set of injectors every year, talking about being econopoor. If it was true what you say >60% of registered cars in Europe wouldn't be diesels, I think you've heard some gasoline-propaganda.
Also yes they warm up faster because diesel engine does convert more energy into motion than useless heat vs a gasoline engine. Although many cars nowadays have AC which can be used as heat pump, I don't see much problems.

>Parking Parking next to someone that has the same (or similar if you're that guy) car
[Autism intensifies]

It certainly does not. That thing isn't all that frugal on fuel.

23 km / l is the best I could muster.

I drive a 2.0 d4d toyota rav4 and I've never gone above 7.5L/100km

>tfw only had to fix the passenger airbag pad twice and the ECU only left me stranded three times

can't say i know this feel because i drive newer bravo
look at the bright side, at least no problems with the engine itself, right?

i drive a tuned bmw 330d e46, about 300hp and 600nm, getting 6.5l/100km

Fire
Ir
Aust
Testroyed

No major ones. Other than the computer saying ENGINE FAILURE and stranding me for no real reason, the closest was the fuel filter spraying diesel all over the engine bay and exterior of the car once, but I suspect it was human error (it had a revision days before).

Fuck diesel and everything that goes with it, the lung cancer, stink, rattle, maintenance, $1k injectors, high pressure pumps, turbos and intercooler hoses, hydraulic engine mounts, dual mass flywheels, windshield full of ice in the winter.

Still have one because euroslav and our german overlords have to sell their superior tech to someone.

>coworker buys a not that old renault diesel hatch
>starts making noises, which is not that surprising
>crankshaft bearings are toast, which apparently happens every 100k km on that engine
>car is obviously totaled

kek. why bother with euroshit when Hondas and Toyotas exist? They're also bland looking and meh to drive, but even the base models come with everything you need and they're 100x more reliable than french/italian cars.

And on top of that, pick related is the most spacious and practical subcompact due to neat packaging.

>Fuck diesel and everything that goes with it, the lung cancer, stink, rattle, maintenance, $1k injectors, high pressure pumps, turbos and intercooler hoses, hydraulic engine mounts, dual mass flywheels, windshield full of ice in the winter.

That's exactly what I wanted to add to this thread. Used diesels just come with a lot more shit to go wrong, taxes are higher, too.
The extra torque is nice (once you got going) until you reach 3k and the engine falls on it's face. Meh

>things that aren't real

whatever m8, get 6l/100km on highways and 7.5l urban driving and I beat E46 M3s on a straight line.

The Jazz is indeed a very good car.
I wanted to buy one but the nice examples were too expensive so I got a K11 Micra instead.

0.9l Fiat reporting in.

The only pro about diesel in winter is that it shakes off the snow itself

Didn't like yaris too much. Clutch was very stiff for such a small car, 2nd gear was kinda grindy from day one, engine is ok at low rpm but doesn't really like to rev (1.3 gas), engine mounts are too soft so there's lot's of freeplay in trans.

Euro models are also built in france so interior is quite rattly.

now my troubles don't seem so bad
thanks op

Idk OP, I drive a fuckin 1st gen Optima -its like I'm too poor to drive an old Acura, Lexus, or Infiniti.

It almost seems like you're a bit salty.

The Punto is the patrician choice for who wants a nice good looking small hatchback without spending too much money.

The Multijet engines are immortal and the car is both comfy and enjoyable to drive.

That car is 10 years old and it looks NEW

>Not parking next to someone that has the same (or similar if you're that guy) car because you don't have one

[BUSRIDING INTENSIFIES]

Panda a cute

Such a good looking car though.

Cocks,
Hoes,
Even
Virgin
Yaks

OG/grande > EVO.

SPI? The MPI ones of that era are pretty decent. Even the 1.4 is quite nippy for an engine its size.

truuuuuuuuu

KYS. At least consider it

>they like things I don't

You need to be at least 18 to post on this website

Do you realize that you're a faggot and that you're wrong?

A Diesel literally "diesels." Meaning the method of ignition is to compress the charge so hard it explodes rather than setting fire to it with a spark plug.

Even the newfangled lean burn high compression gasoline engines with direct injection into the cylinder still only try to approximate some of the properties of a diesel without actually dieseling.