Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/scorpion-exo-410/
youtu.be/h7XAiA5wYHs?t=105
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So apparently motorcycle sales and interest are in decline.
Was reading comments on this article and more the replies were:
>build cheaper bikes
>reduce cost of current bikes
Then idiot suzuki fags:
>build DRZ500
It would be heavier, cost more and still have 30hp. Get past the meme suzuki fags.

Im in the US and do agree that small, cheap, town bikes would be good for sparking interest in motorcycles. However, in the US most people have to commute on a freeway at 65+mph and cheapo bikes cant really do this.
Honda got it pretty good with the grom being cheap and having excellent sales, but its not good for freeway use.

So what should be done to spark interest in motorcycles?

1st for the pure enjoyment of all motorcycles

More like worst cb400 edition

didn't you get enough (You)'s?

All this talk about café racers. How should I café my Sym Symba? I will actually ride it to the cafés

Its a good discussion

Rude.

>Enjoyment of all motorcycles
>Posts Suzuki

Bruh

>tfw need new rear
>don't feel like shelling out $350

>$350 for a rear
Nigga what the fuck are you buying? Even meme tires like supercorsas are barely $250

today i had my first lesson and did not fall
great success

>So what should be done to spark interest in motorcycles?
More stunt gangs

Nobikes get out

rude

Faggot

I'm about to exchange this (plus few k€)

with this...

how dumb am I ?

Honda makes a V4 sportbike that adheres to the fact that you don't need racetrack ergonomics and milder ECU tuning on your homologated machines because WSBK regulations actually allow you to change bars, seats, rearsets, and ECU programming
It costs less than 15 grand
Everyone else follows suit and makes sportbikes you can actually ride

Interest in motorcycles = restored

>sportbike craze takes off when they have milder ergonomics
>motorcycle sales reach all time highs
>slowly dies as ergos and tuning get more extreme with every revision
>uuuuh...maybe we need to make torquey nakeds?

Sportbikes already sell well enough.
I don't think that's the issue

I'm in the minority here, but I just don't like the street triple.

Hyperstrada is dope af.

Sportbike sales go down every year though

Surely it can't be because the pegs keep getting higher while the bars get lower and the seats get slimmer

>but....it's a racebike
So why the fuck does it have a starter motor huh

Give me a tire spinner. It's gotta be light because it's a racebike.

>Hyperstrada is dope af.
Yeah it really looks like this. I'll test it on Saturday I'll know better.

I was looking for the 939 initially, but it sold so badly there is none at less than 600Km from where I live ;x

where to get/design faggy helmet patterns?

Keep it up bud

exchange for what, user? that street triple was the best looking one. not to mention it's a great bike

>AGV is actually selling Rossi's Hayden memorial helmet
Damn, I kinda wish I had 2 grand to drop on a helmet right now.

the post just below, hyperstrada 821

>street triple was the best looking one. not to mention it's a great bike
Agree2, it's why it hurt my butt so much to sell it. Yet I'm doing a bit travel with a friend and it's not its strong suit. Needed a more GT ride yet still agile and fun....So hyperstrada

>$2500
>First bike
DARE I?

What bike

A CB400*, of course!

That's kind of a lot for one depending on condition

I might be able to wiggle the seller down a few hundred depending on what the odometer is at

Sure, why not?

Resr sets, oops.

yeah the reviews say its pretty comfy, it has italian "quirks" but its pretty pleasant. I've seen a bunch around here in San Francisco. Those guys don't look like they're inconvenienced by anything.

Because i live near atlanta and could go get a stolen gixxer for a grand then crash it into a tree instead

Go get it tiger.

If I were shopping for a helmet what certification would I want to ensure my brain doesnt become a bowl of soup?

Seems like the 3 are DOT, ECE, & Snell. Is there one that has the highest standards?

Dunno, but most race tracks require at least Snell.

did Baita come on to you?

SNELL and DOT approved on same helmet or nothing.

They're different organizations that rate things based on different qualifications. Generally DOT is good enough to keep your head from exploding

ECE is United Nations Europe based and tends to have the most up to date certifications

DOT is united states based, general safety practices for the US.

Snell is non for profit organization that started after a racer tragically died. the AMA allows Snell certified helmets.

Each group tests for certain things none of them really supercede the other.

DOT is often considered the "lowest" one because there is no third party verification; if the company says they completed the DOT tests, they get a sticker to put on the helmet. US states that require helmets usually require at least DOT. if a helmet doesn't have at least DOT, it's shit. Generally favors a more shock-absorbent helmet. Not accepted at most tracks; it's designed to give adequate protection in 90% of roadway collisions without being astronomically expensive to produce.

Snell happened partially a reaction to the laxness of DOT (snell was a racecar driver that died); companies have to send helmets to the Snell people for testing so there's third party verification. there are more Snell tests and they are more intense (higher drops, drops onto flat surfaces AND points, etc, etc) but this has resulted in it favoring a more shock-resistant helmet (a "harder" helmet) to the extent that many think the 2005 Snell standard is TOO hard and can lead to injury. the 2010 Snell has moved to a more shock-absorbent approach. US tracks often require Snell or better.

ECE is the euro standard and is accepted in many countries and many racing leagues. It gets updated pretty regularly, though, so the version number is usually included when an ECE standard is enforced somewhere. More shock-absorbent than Snell. Accepted at most tracks depending on version. Not sure how it's verified.

>pic related, my helmet
>$140 scorpion exo r410
>stickers for DOT, Snell, and ECE 22.05
>4 star rating at sharps sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/scorpion-exo-410/
>currently on sale at revzilla for $85

anyone got any links to find out whats going on at the aimexpo 2017?

so far all i know is new KLR, some weird SV650 custom concepts, new WR250R, and XSR700 for NA.

A2 test in 11 hours.
Any final hints? I'm really anxious and I almost puked today in the morning out of nervousness.
I don't want to pay another 300€ for the test + 100€ for another lesson.

Why do manufacturers only give us a choice between track focused, high end power supersports and comfortable, torquey nakeds? Why can't I have a comfortable, torquey bike with a full fairing (for wind protection and looks)?

Good question, also why don't have we more after market options to give said nakeds fairings?

make some and then sell it. You could own a business.

I wouldn't even know where to start neither can I be bothered to figure it out. I would pay for some though.

dumb question

So my chain was way too loose so I looked up how to tighten it. very easy and all but the notches on the swimgarm, are those just rough guidelines? Because it was set to a notch just above the "standard" and it was too loose, so I tightened it to the next notch and it was way way too tight, so halfway between notches feels good man. I checked to see if the chain aligns and it does, before it was off by a bit.

tldr allighnment scale on swingarm, is it okay to go between notches and find the sweetspot as long as they match?

Stop giving boys estrogen so they'll be more interested in bikes than gender studies.

Yes. The notches are not for measuring chain tightness, they are for alignment. So if you're halfway between notch 2 and 3 on one side, you *should* be the same way on the other side. However, a lot of bike manufacturers are lazy nowadays and those only serve as general guidelines, there's no guarantee they are perfectly aligned. Ducati is notorious for being pretty inaccurate sometimes.

Notches are a meme, on my bike they don't even match, there are more notches on one side than the other. Just set the left side by looking at the chain tension, and then set the right side by using one of the multiple wheel centering methods. Recheck again after you did both, and readjust if necessary.

Start by watching Kamen Rider

Seems like you are looking for a sport tourer. CBR1100XX ?
For sure there were more relaxed faired bikes in the late 80s - early 90s, eg Suzuki RF900

thank you

Kind of, but sport tourers are usually way too focused on the "tourer" aspect, in terms of weight and size. I'm talking something like taking a MT-07 and just slapping a fairing on it without doing any other modifications, I would love a bike like that. The SV650S mostly fits what I'm looking for (even though the riding position is a little more uncomfortable than the naked version) and will probably be my next bike, but it would be nice to have more choice, especially new.

Can somebody identify the specific model of this Tomos? Guy selling it has no idea what it is other than it's a 90's model, but it's absurdly cheap so I'm tempted to buy it.

>tfw Slovenian and don't know
I'm a shame to my country

>Rcrfag detected

It's okay, user. Some of us are just born to be different. I'm Canadian and almost never eat Timbits or maple syrup.

I assure you it was a coincidence, though I would be lying if I said his video didn't pique my interest a little bit.

Tomos mopeds are fun as fuck, I've been riding them since I was 7 and I'm still not tired of them. There's something fun about really slow and light bikes

Tomos' are different models?
I thought they just made the same one since at least the early 80s

Some of them are variations of existing models, but there are different platforms like automatic 2 speed, manual 4 speed, manual 5 speed, then you have the difference in frames, different gas tank and handle bar configurations, different plastics, etc

All look same to me

The bike you're looking for is the Ducati Supersport.

That does look good, actually. Ducati is the last company I would expect to make a bike like this, though

I mean, I can run start my aprilia twin despite the high compression, does that eliminate the need for a starter?
After all we can just all go back to kickstarters, not like innovation happened or anything?

Hop on an old 636 and a newer one and tell me you can feel the difference
Bikes got faster, cuntbag
Having thinner seats and better rider positioning is as important to racing as is engine tuning

If you want your comfy overpowered barge get a tourer
But rest assured it is ALWAYS easier to make a fast bike comfy than it is to make a comfy bike fast

You can have a lot of power, good looks, good suspension and light weight without a super aggressive riding position (that only benefits a small minority of people who buy supersport bikes). Sacrificing a bit of speed around corners for a more reasonable riding position is something I'm sure a lot of people would want. The problem with sport tourers is that they're boring, ugly, underpowered and heavy, it's not just a matter of comfort. Hell, I bet if you gave supersports naked bike ergonomics and kept everything else the same, they would serve the needs of their owners way better and have better sales.

You're clearly not in the market for a supersport, get something else
People are gobbling up sporty nakeds with rearsets so you clearly have views completely opposed to that of the general market

An er6f is what you're looking for, a boring starter bike with fairings so you can pretend to be cool

The Ducati SuperSport has naked bike ergos with the sport look due to it having the Monster frame, it's basically just a Monster with full fairings and clip-ons. Unfortunately, it's only slightly less expensive than a Panigale so there isn't many reasons to get one over a 959.

Most people who ride one think it's comfy and fun, but it isn't quite what people want. Nobody wants a sportbike with naked ergos. If they want naked ergos, they get nakeds. If they want sportbike ergos/performance, they get a sportbike. Nobody wants a bike that does both okay, but neither great.

This
Exactly the reason standards are being surclassed by nakeds
Why have mediocre when you can have TORKS

youtu.be/h7XAiA5wYHs?t=105
how is this dude doing a wheelie on a 500f
asking for a friend

at 1:45 btw

He's cutting out the throttle and then ripping it open quickly. Closing the throttle loads the front suspension, ripping it open after that lets the springiness of the forks help get the front up.

Most bikes with okay displacement can do this, but you typically have to be perfectly in the power band when you rip the throttle back open. I can do wheelies like this on my Monster 696 if I'm at 7-8 grand, close the throttle, and rip it back open in the power band at 5 grand or so.

ridin

fucking bicycle nerds

as some one who pedals as much as he rides, what is with those cunts. I would have though us 2 wheel bros would be on the same page but they are always getting in the way and being a nuisance.

Ducati also made a cruiser.

I want it.

did you do this?

That was actually a good review, made me want one too.

yo anyone have experience with spyke gear?
i bought a pairt of gloves from them and they fit my super difficult to fit hands really well and i was quite pleased with them but they're wearing out and i want to order another pair but i'm worried they won't fit the same

if they're moving in herds and they do that thing where they hear you coming so they take up more of the lane i always drop a gear or two and blast them with my 2 smoke
if they be normal i don't

Yamaha tricker needs to be brought to the US

I couldn't figure this one out on my own, how does the fuel get to the petcock from the portions of the tank that are lower than it. Do you have to do wheelies to properly use all of the gas in the tank?

Accelerate quickly and ride hard

>you will never again take the MSF for the first time
>you will never again feel the thrill of riding a motorcycle for the first time
>you will never again feel the fear of learning how to ride again

Thank god

seriously they got in our way, and its not like you dont hear 3 bikes traveling together. we were nice and slowed down to avoid dust for the nice ones but the dick ones we spun tires by for max dust and roost. fuck bicycle faggots.

one year anniversary never forget

sleep tight itty bitty honda two fiddy

Can people in Ontario Canada ride motorcycles?

Sure, unless you're poor.

Stop riding for a few years and I bet you it comes back. Just like when you don't fap for a few weeks.

last two meme arrows sounds like youre burnt out.

burn out is great because it usually means you come back to motorcycles with more of a burning desire than before.
Or it means you are completely done with it and gotta move on

yes

t. rider from ontario

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SUZUKI IS BEST BIKE DESU! THE KATANA 400 IS THE BEST BIKE EVER MADE SENPAI!

Just remember the speedlimits, and to look straight forward during all slalom exercises. Pro tip: for bonus points look way too much into all directions when crossing rails or pedestrian crossings

What about winter tho