/utg/ - Undertale general

Reach Out To The Truth edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo.htm

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/7011136
pastebin.com/NkEjTvJg
teoft.deviantart.com/gallery/56415558/Undertale
reddit.com/r/UndertaleAUs/comments/5bedx0/curated_fan_fiction_list_part_1/
archiveofourown.org/works/4942816
archiveofourown.org/series/338128
nhaingen.tumblr.com/post/134329696996/cishurts-undertale-science-here-is-the-truth-of
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My name is Chara
I am a demon

Goat

Children

But then who was kiddo

You were the kiddo all along Frisk

Alphys!Toriel, and MTT!Frisk/Chara.

An idea I came up with while drawing this was, while Mettaton loves humanity and became a robot with a form that appears very human (even with his soul inverted like one), what if Frisk/Chara loved monsterkind and wanted to throw away their humanity and become a monster?

t b h I just want to buy a bottle of vodka, drink it and then think about flowey

I should actually do it

The true kiddo is within you

I can see that for Chara, but not necessarily for Frisk. But then again, you don't think of them as individuals, so whatevs, do what you're gonna do

>Alphys!Toriel, and MTT!Frisk/Chara.
Did you just try to do a Boolean search?

??????

Out of all the potential swap AUs that I think of, two of which have a lot more thought and interest put in them. One that swaps the Human and Asriel with Sans and Papyrus, and Asgore, Toriel, and the 6 humans are swapped with Gaster, Goner Kid, and the Gaster Followers. And one that swaps Toriel and Asgore with Alphys and Undyne, and the Human and Asriel with Mettaton and Napstablook. In the first one, I don't know what to do with Undyne and Alphys, in the second one, I don't know what to do with Sans and Papyrus.

Who is the main character in either of these?

The first one, Sans. The second one, Mettaton. But I also think of the minor 'underswap' variant with Papyrus or Napstablook, but overall it's stil lthe same idea.

Look at this little demon

Then forgive me for pointing this out, but the fact that you have extensive backstories abs motivations for circumstantial characters, but nothing for your mains, suggest to me that you've got your priorities backwards

Allow me to deliver to you the knowledge that I gained from my legal research and writing class. Boolean searches are more accurate than plain word searches. You combine symbols with key words and phrases in order to narrowly tailor your search. A search like "Alphys! Toriel MTT! Frisk Chara" would search for a document with any word that is or begins with "Alphys," or a document that contains the word Toriel, or any word that is or begins with "MTT", or Frisk, or Chara. You are now enlightened as to Boolean searches. Please note that I am not sure if a space in between two key words defaults to searching for one word or the other. I am already on the short road to forgetting everything I learned over the semester.

The one with Sans in the human's place, was actually created from the idea of the human in Sans' place. I designed Sans!Frisk, and Sans!Chara, and came up with the backstory for them and everything while I was drawing, and over time I expanded upon that backstory a little, but I have yet to figure out the backstory for the "main" characters, which are the skeletons. All I have so far is a very very vague idea.

The one with Mettaton, I have a more vivid idea for the backstory figured out, on both sides.

The way I go about these sort of AUs, is that I group certain characters together in "Families". But there's only like... 3 families. So, swapping only two leaves me confused as to what to do with the third, but I guess the third family would retain their original roles, but the circumstances are kinda different because everything around them is different?

Cute robots!

now look at this one

I will befriend that one too

I am glad that the [insert character]fags are all gone.

Why is it so hard to find post-TP fanfics and AUs?

because you have to include shit characters like Asgore and Alphys and can't use good ones like Chara or Flowey.

Because Undertale is not real.

You, bitch, start it again?

I thought there were lots of post-TP stories. Is there a particular type of story you want?

Its what the majority of the fandom believes

>delusional fantasies of nigga

r & i

report what?

Any proofs?
That

>any proofs
The large amount of fanworks that shit on Asgore and the large amount of people that dislike Alphys and talk about how shes the worst character.
>that
I fail to see how any of that is reportable but you do what you need to do

>The large amount of fanworks that shit on Asgore and the large amount of people that dislike Alphys and talk about how shes the worst character.
Proof links. Or you don't understand?

Aren't most Undertale fanfics either fontcest AUs or post-TP self-insert X Sans stuff

I don't want to make dadfags or lizardfags feel bad and start avoiding these threads again since we're so dead but just look at the billion of group photos that don't have Asgore and the various /v/ threads that shit all over Alphys

>I don't want to make dadfags or lizardfags feel bad and start avoiding these threads again since we're so dead but just look at the billion of group photos that don't have Asgore and the various /v/ threads that shit all over Alphys
So, you can't prove anything. How you feel yourself now?

Can anyone help me find a fic? I vaguely remember it being a short one where Papyrus talks to Asriel about negative emotions he's trying not to have. I thought it was comfy.

>reporting people for having different opinions than you

>reporting people for shit tier bait

Wait, there's not a lot of post-TP fanfics? I thought those would be common for fluff fics, and I've seen complaints about there being no fics that deal with post-neutral stuff either. What ARE there fanfics of?

>post-neutral
Yeah, this is a pretty barren field. I like this one however

>archiveofourown.org/works/7011136
>Forward

It's just a contrary opinion.

50k long fics of Sans and Reader hooking up, or Chasriel where nothing happens for 75% of it, but it's second person narration so it's very deep

>The way I go about these sort of AUs, is that I group certain characters together in "Families". But there's only like... 3 families. So, swapping only two leaves me confused as to what to do with the third, but I guess the third family would retain their original roles, but the circumstances are kinda different because everything around them is different?
Crazy idea here I know, but how about when it just doesn't work, you change the framework and break up this needlessly convoluted selection method you have, which not even you are really sure about and the members/numbers of constantly change arbitrarily.

I know it's fun to design things, but unless you have coherent idea on how to run the whole thing, you're trying to build a house with no foundation. It doesn't matter what details you give certain characters, because A) as a storyteller, you should know what to exposit and what to keep just for yourself and B) unless you have a central idea, none of it will work in any capacity.

>It's just a contrary opinion.
Without any arguments it's not an opinion, just bait. Unproven fandom opinion is not argument.

That's not a boolean search. You're probably confused with boolean search operators, like AND, OR and NOT/-, in search engines. ! as you describe it is a search engine operator, but not a boolean one.
A boolean is a value that's either true and false. AND and OR are logical operators that operate on boolean values.
At first I thought you were talking about a binary search, which is a certain simple algorithm for searching in a sorted list.

I don't exactly understand, what do you want specifically? Comics shitting on Asgore by using his broken relationship as a punchline? There's plenty of that. Or Alphys being turned into unironic Mengelelizard? There's some of that, too. Granted, most people just tend to omit her and Asgore from stories, rather than directly shitting on either, but they're both definitely underused and villainized pretty often.

The spider a cute! CUTE!!!

Well, you start that shit, just prove me wrong.

Writing is hard and it's easier to daydream about the stories without putting effort into them.

No!

what if images of the thing we like were being posted?

N-no! You won't trick me into posting spiders again! I won't do it!

Then there would be many goats and earnest skeletons

I'm not the one who started it, I just asked you to clarify.

An interesting idea.

sounds good to me.

Self-insert stories, OOC shipping, AU stories about different versions of Sans and Papyrus fucking each other because their personalities are rip-offs of anime tropes, laughable angst stories featuring Chara and Sans, and everyone's favorite 'Sans endlessly fucks Frisk to death across the timeline but feels bad about it so he's actually the victim'.

I want proofs for and and

O'nonymous wrote a good one the other day, in case you haven't seen it.
pastebin.com/NkEjTvJg

I'd get lots of new additions to my collection.

Sounds like the problem's not so much a lack of post-TP fanfics as it's a lack of any good fanfics.

This happens

shotagoteberry,so warm nd fluff unlike bone berry.., perfect for daddy orange sweater mmmm

So this guy has made a bunch of cross over covers of various manga with Undertale characters which I think are pretty cool.

teoft.deviantart.com/gallery/56415558/Undertale

Everyone from Asgore, Chara, MTT, Alphys, Undyne, Monster Kid, Toriel, Papyrus and Sans. Check it out I guess because its neat

most excellent

>tfw slowly starting to understand

To be fair, finding a good fanfic in any fandom is like finding a needle in a haystack. Undertale's fandom is (or was) enormous and inundated with AUs, so there's significantly more hay to search through.

I recognize that artist, I can't believe he's still doing Undertale art! His style is interesting, thanks for sharing.

But can the spider make a robot!?

Yeah I had known that he did a few Asgore pictures I liked in the past but I had no idea that he had done so many of other characters. I really really like a few of these

the smallest goat

Are you afraid to love the spider? The only way forward is to face your fears! You'll see how easy it is to love the spider if you just try!
If you are holding a fresh spider image hostage, release it immediately or I'll call the Royal Guard and the International Cuteness Committee!
Unless it is a real spider, in which case feel free to Imgur it, I guess.
Of course! Among the countless spiders there has to be at least one who knows how to build one. Powering it, as you know, would be no problem whatsoever!

Fresh spider

Will he grow up to be big and strong like his papa?

no but he'll have a great ass and a midriff I wanna kiss

from Pixiv!

I really don't feel like going through ao3's sea of shit, so I'll just ask here, anything decent you know of? there, or on the writebin, doesn't matter

Nice trips

An AU where instead of buttercups, Asriel feeds chara greasy food so they develop heart disease and die by that instead.

>Unproven opinions
You really need a remedial lesson on the difference between opinion and fact.

those kiddos are fat

HEALTHY

That spider
is adorable! I am this close to needing a new heart, but it is worth it. Thank you!

Where is this meme from?

This is a list of recommended stuff and famous, maybe you'll find something you like
>reddit.com/r/UndertaleAUs/comments/5bedx0/curated_fan_fiction_list_part_1/

Is monster food nutritious?

Spiderfags are exclamation points and not much else.

I can live with that.

It contains everything you need without sacrificing flavor or reaching unhealthy parameters. Glambrgers made of sequins and glue are even edible!

One by One is one of the most popular fics, and by far the best I've read, together with its two sequels:
archiveofourown.org/works/4942816

Holding Pattern starts out fantastic. It doesn't stay fantastic, but it does stay pretty good. You could stop after the first few parts if you no longer enjoy it. The beginning is worth it even without the rest.
archiveofourown.org/series/338128

nhaingen.tumblr.com/post/134329696996/cishurts-undertale-science-here-is-the-truth-of