Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349675/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-0-7

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Making sales and deals
you tube.com/watch?v=ffZfbi-wjto

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write you @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>is the game worth playing?
For those who read the OP before asking: yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

tamrielfoundry.com/topic/dark-priestess-pug-proof/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skills
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AD is the cuck faction

Is it American hours yet?

Orcs are supposed to be niggers right

HELLO AND GREETINGS

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS

ONE: i AM LEVEL 50 ALCHEMY BUT HAVE NEVER USED A POTION IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. WHAT END GAME POTIONS AM I SUPPOSED TO BE MAKING?

ALSO: DO YOU GUYS LOOK UP THE LOCATION OF TREASURE MAP TREASURES? OR DO YOU BRAVELY SET OUT TO FIND THEM ON YOUR WITS. I NEED TO KNOW WHETHER OR NOT TO FEEL BAD ABOUT LOOKING UP THIS TREASURE BECAUSE I CANNOT FIND IT.

>meanwhile, on steam discussions

What does the question have anything to do with the statement?

>playing an Argonian
>dunmers talk shit about Argonians to my face

Europe is gay

someone post the Salzor one

What is the "Champions" bind for? It's set to = and I want to replace it.

Is it important?

Champ points, will be important when you get to 50.

no you're thinking of world of warcraft orcs

in elder scrolls they're cute and based

What a time to be alive to shitpost.

Truly my magnum opus

out of all of the stages of VMA, I can definitely say 6 is my most fucking hated. stage 5 is challenging with all of the adds, but I manage my ultimates to take down all of the adds at once, especially in round 3 and the last third of the boss fight, it isn't too bad. even stage 7 with the flower RNG Im ok with, since there aren't as many enemies to contend with. but stage 6, fuck.

>stuck on my magblade on stage 9, level up my magsorc
>breeze through the first 4 stages
>died a couple times on stage 5, didn't kill the giant bosses fast enough in round 3, tarry too long on a platform against the final boss and they one shot me, shit like that, completely my fault
>stage 6, get to the boss fight easily enough
>all but one obelisk unwebbed
>start off right, grab the damage power up, unweb last obelisk to stun boss, drop ultimate and dots, boss down to 60% at the end of the ultimate
>swarm comes in, no obeliesks are lit, not even the middle one, die
>start over, no obelisks unwebbed
>grabe the hoarver at the start, unweb an obelisk
>going through the motions, taking down webspinners and the mini spider daedra as I go
>lurcher boss spawns, swarm comes at same time
>all but one obelisk unwebbed, but only one lit, run to it
>boss does her bullshit lightning attack on the only lit obeliesk
>at that point, stand in the light to be safe from swarm and get killed by lightning, or avoid lightning and be killed by swarm
>die, start again
>same thing
>start again, get boss down to 8%
>swarm, all but 2 obeliskes dewebbed, but none are lit, defense power up was used when the same shit happened earlier
>die to swarm while trying to finish boss

had to take a break at that point. I just want to finish the fucking thing.

>Decide to watch some ESO Twitch streams
>Click on the one with the most views
>Some random guy with millions of channel views is assembling a chair for 10 minutes straight with no gameplay

Watch Gilliamtherogue's youtube videos. He's the best theorycrafting autismo that ESO has to offer.

orc's are the top fragger race.

What would be a good class for a redguard/orsimer for a first timer?

I played a Breton Magicka templar for about an hour or so, but I'm not sure I really like the staves.

>redguard/orsimer

You know, you could be a bosmer, and then youd be cute!

>aldmeri dominion
Yeah, nah.

I might be willing to go dunmer if I'm seriously shafting myself otherwise, even though they're ebonheart pact, but my go-to races for tes have been breton/redguard/orc for as long as I can remember really.

Stam Warden or Stam Sorc are great for beginners as they both have a ton of self sustain/healing that Stamina usually lacks so they don't have to go farm PvP for Vigor to avoid dying all the time.

>watching the paid console normie streamer who probably never played a MMO never mind ESO before
>not expecting the waste product of sewage treatment plant
pick one

I started with just gold edition, so warden is out. How does stam sorc even work? From what I can see on the wiki, most if their abilities are magicka based with only a few stam morphs.

At least it isn't as bad as my friend playing a khajiit during that one quest at the plantation where some Dunmer woman proceeds to tell you that "Khajiit are incapable of real emotions." to your face.

Pretty much using all weapon/guild skills but Ultimates will scale with whatever is your best stat and Hurricane/Critical surge is a stupid amount of damage and self healing. Bound Armor's stamina morph is also great.

I've never had a poop like that before. I wonder how people manage it.

Is there a way to disable the compass turning into the boss bar? It seems redundant with both boss group and regular enemy target bar.

I see, thanks. I still have to get used to the relatively small amount of active skills you get to use at once, I suppose. What ultimate should I go for then?

Also, Would something like a stamina templar work? I do like the looks of the aedra spear effect.

Stamina templar is also a strong stamina class just maybe not the most beginner friendly in terms of being competitive in PvE but if you enjoy it then go for it.

Most stamina builds run Dawnbreaker (fighters guild level 10) ult on their frontbar and then the bow ultimate on backbar since Bow is usually the backbar due to it being 99% dots/ground aoes.

I like doing that though. You often find a new perspective for simple things because you're more intelligent and don't need help understanding things.

how easy are the low level dungeons ?

Mag wardens feel really boring and I can't quite put my finger on why. I had a blast leveling my mag sorc and magblade but this feels boring. The frost skill line feels like it's all over the place in particular.

It's because it's dog poop.
t.dog owner.

On normal, most vanilla game dungeons are a cakewalk. Some of the 2 dungeons might be difficult, like city of ash 2, but are doable if you know the mechanic. For the DLC dungeons, you'll need to know the mechanics, and even then you still might not be able to finish them if you don't have a somewhat decent build and gear.

because its a defensive/tanking tree. You only have one real DPS tree and its not stellar for Magicka.

What options are generally terrible to have on that you'd advice anyone disable. Like how everyone says to disable auto-attacking for MOBAs.

At least in some quests you get the option to be a dick to people who shit on your race, or give them the "bad" ending.
>be khajiit
>steal everything that's not bolted down
>do everything to help a kitty get ahead in reaper's march
>help skooma dealer in vvardenfell because you're right, moon sugar is our gift

I kinda empathise with these newbies.

I mean, if you haven't played many MMOs before, it's easy for this game to fool you into thinking it's actually meant to be a kinda Dark Souls style action combat feel. It dresses itself up with all the trimmings, and it never tells you it's really a thoroughbred MMO underneath. The fact your skillset options are so limited at early levels only compounds this.

They will learn though. I think the players who really had to climb the difficulty curve are the ones who turn out to be better when they've unlocked their abilities and figured out what works for them. If you're an MMO vet, you might well look at it and think "oh hey cool DOTs, AOEs, buffs, I get this" and end up using a very bland build and playstyle, without exploring a lot of the possibilities.

I was half way between the two. I've played plenty of other MMOs, but deep down I've always thought they were shit, and I wasn't ever very good, no matter how much I wanted to like them. This one finally let me get really addicted, but I had to ask a fair share of dumb questions on the way.

Then again they could just be DSP level crybaby shitters.

What's the point of dolmen farming?

I just did it for a while to get fighters guild to 10 but beyond that I can't imagine why people do it

it's kinda poor exp

Disable attacking non-hostile NPC's

People too lazy to try something else/on autopilot since it takes 0 effort.

I've been playing a khajiit that pickpockets all over and starts /crying if they get caught.

This. It looks like this is that guy's first mmo

all those people are in morrowind playing and joining your group right now

there's like an eternal raid of 60 people going through the alik'r dolmens it's so weird to me. 24/7

It's decent exp especially with training gear and pots but it's also unbelievably easy and requires very little effort.
Leveling a new character isn't a problem, its grinding up all those fucking skill points that kills me.

so I can safely do Fungal Grotto, Spiderclutch and Banished Cells without ruining it for everyone ?

Yes, the 2 version is more difficult but 1 is simple.

neat, thanks

How do I know what to sell to players and what to vendor

I figure I've probably thrown away some valuable equipment becuase I don't know what to sell or how much to sell it for

no auction house really confuses me and makes me not care about selling things

Spindleclutch 2 is actually way easier than 1

>Praxis
>Easier than anything in Spindle 1
He's the toughest boss of both instances because people don't understand the ring mechanic.

Meanwhile Banished Cells II is legit one of the hardest dungeons to do hard mode on with pugs.

Not since its been bugged and the Daedroth get stuck on the platform.

Also the best, most thematic boss.

Thats bullshit and you know it
SC2 is easy as fuck even on vet and HM
the fucking ghost nigger is the only boss that takes any time at all because of the adds phase

Before this becomes a debate of "this is easiest thing in the game, in a game full of easiest things in the game" I'm saying Praxis (the ghost nigga) is harder than any of the other bosses in either Spindle 1 or 2. Simply because the Add phase/tank positioning/boss mechanics kill dumb players.

Oh, is stamsorc more competitive in pve then? Because honestly I'll probably be doing nothing but pve for a long, long time.

If it is, I suppose I could go stamsorc for my first character and then level a magicka templar for an alt once I'm at the point I want to try out healing in group content.

Also, 2h/dual wield on frontbar and bow on backbar for stamsorc?

I've never had anyone fuck up that fight after explaining to them "kill the adds" and then "don't stand in his AOE or it wipes". I've done that dungeon with sub 160s several times and it remains the fastest dungeon to get through

I'm 50 in all the craftwerkz but I've never done any daily crafting writs because I don't have a crafting bag and never held onto crafting materials besides the color changing things

I want to start doing writs but how do I get materials to make things? should I be deconstructing things still even though I'm 50? I just am nervous about space since I don't have a crafting bag.

Stamsorc is the highest StamDPS in PVE currently, current meta is DW/Bow but 2h/Bow works too if you prefer it.
Then you are really lucky, I always run into issues with people dying during the add phase/running into the ring thinking thats how it works/tanks aiming the boss at everyone so people die to the frontal cone.

I don't think I'm lucky, you really must have trash luck. I ran that dungeon on vet over 40 times in the course of 3 days for a bloodspawn helmet and even then I never had praxis wipe more than once, even when I had a cp30 healer and 2 cp10 DPS

>no auction house
You'll hate it until you love it and this is coming from someone who's favorite MMO subgame is market PvP. Constant fluxes of undercutting and a tight knight group of individual superjews controlling markets kills games.

Some rules of thumb:
Sell everything to merchants that's intricate or that has >sells to merchants for 180% more on it.
Anything that's under champion 160 is credit trash
Set pieces are more valuable than non set pieces
Research everything you want first, start now; the later you do, the sadder you'll be
Use MM add-on and there's a couple really good videos once you're ready to start making money.
For beginners, the best tip is to steal everything and remember you never really need to spend money. Potions drop from enemies, and don't bother repairing gear until 50, just throw on whatever you pick up or craft. You can easily fence close to 10k a day and that's without any skill point perks to ledgerman and thief guild lines.

Tamriel Trade Center is an auction house website, very useful.

But as a new player you're 99% of the time going to be deconstructing gear and selling everything else. To me gear doesn't matter unless it's CP160.

>new magsorc
>wearing julianos, illambris, willpower, gold staves
>farming for specific sets
>end up getting a mishmash of armor and jewelry
>aesthetically it looks like shit
>stats wise balla balla as fuck
>don't feel like farming for the other pieces anymore, so roll with the murder hobo look

Seriously, spider cultist and netches touch don't go together. But god damn, +400 damage to lightning abilities, +450 damage to destruction staff abilities. That's +850, per tick, to shock clench, blockade of shock, thunderous rage, and plus +400 to mages wrath and liquid lightning. I thought I was going to lose a bunch of DPS dropping illambris, but I gained 4k DPS. Now all I need are lightning maelstrom staves (don't care about the traits at this point) and I am golden, besides getting the rest of the gear in divines.

I don't believe it, I'm sure stamblades and stamdks do better.

Stamina is much more balanced compared to each other than Magicka is, so by saying best its a degree of like a few thousand DPS not like being 10k ahead.

WHY DO SOME IDENTICAL GLYPHS STACK WHILE OTHERS DON'T

Just started a stamsorc as my first character. Found some purple item in a trunk that's called "motif: ancient elves" or something, but it says it's worth 0 gold. Do I just use myself, since it seems it's a consumable, or is it worth something to other players?

Here's the bosmer sorc healer build
tamrielfoundry.com/topic/dark-priestess-pug-proof/
>Seems like orthodox choice, but the 41 % base stamina regain isn’t going to be easy to come by after the Morrowind base game patch. The stamina regain allows the usage of important stamina based support skill and saving on champion points that would otherwise be used to allow more roll dodge or break free. Remember a dead healer can’t heal anyone, so that 1k ish difference from picking high elf could get you killed.

use this site for pricechecks

tamrieltradecentre.com/

It's a crafting style, if you're interested in crafting your own gear and would like different styles, use it - if not, hang on to it until you get a better grasp of prices.

Look at the quality. Are the drops, crafted by you, or is it just the greens that stack? I know that the ones I craft don't stack, but perhaps drops do.

Are there BiS weapons?

or just armor and jewelry

Is it a good idea to disable the boss group bar? It takes up a lot of space and I'm trying to make my UI less cluttered.

Battlegrounds sort of suck dick. My teammates just leave when they see a level 10.

Is there world pvp?

Cyrodiil, Kyne server 10/10.

Maelstrom weapons are better, but the majority of the playerbase get by with random gold CP160 weapons.

Sharp maelstrom bows and sharp maelstrom lightning staffs specifically, the rest of the weapons are usually some set piece or another.

Stamsorc or Stamblade for my first character? Pretty much only going to be used to see pve content, if that matters.

Never got to choose a server.

I'm biased but stamblades are much more satisfying to play than stamsorcs.

You'll still need to do PvP to unlock the best stam heal in the game, vigor. Just be thankful they significantly reduced the amount of AP you need to unlock it, it used to be like 5x higher.

Open world PvP is in Cyrodiil. There's 4 diff campaigns/servers you can pick, Kyne, Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil.

Kyne is for lvl 10-49. Press L to open Alliance War tab.

>stamblade, without knowing the game

only if you enjoy dieing a lot.

Already turned off my game ot head out for a bit, but do those 5 piece bonuses (+450 to destro staff abilities and +400 to shock damage) apply to lightning staff light and heavy attacks as well?

I'm uh, getting mixed messages here. So either one of you is bamboozling me or it might be that I'd be fine either way.

How do I know if my PS4 PRo is being utilized by ESO?

stamblade is squishy as fuck and relies on getting health on kills, so you better pace those adds around the boss or you're shit out of luck. the only at-will heal you get is vigor, unlocked at rank 5 in pvp.

meanwhile, a stamsorc has damage reduction always on and getting heals on crits, which you'll be doing all the time.

Oh shit that image you just posted is of a manga I was reading months ago. I completely forgot the name of it. Help a brother out? I cannot into moonrunes. I left off when they went to visit the elves.

I see. I do like the idea of melee sorceror. Tell me senpai, what skills/trees should I invest in while leveling up?

nvm I found it. Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki.

how many remixes of the Morrowind theme are in the soundtrack ?

I heard 2 or 3 so far.

What traits would you guys say are priority when doing researches? Out of all weapons and armours.

you want skills from all lines, so you need to level them all, but you'll want at least Dark Exchange from Dark Magic, Bound Armor from Daedric summoning, and Lightning Form and Surge from Storm Calling. you can morph most of these later to be more suited to stamina.

you can view all skills and morphs at en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skills