Does anyone else find it kinda conceited when BMW fags refer to their cars by their platform designation instead of the...

Does anyone else find it kinda conceited when BMW fags refer to their cars by their platform designation instead of the actual model?

>yeah ive got an e36
>haha yeah the e39s are nice

Just call it what it is you fucking retard. It's not an E36, it's a 1995 328i. Why is that so difficult? Fucking idiot.

No, faggot. And technically I wasn't driving a GC8, but everybody knows I'm driving a trivial derivative of it when I call it a GC8.

That's because when i say i've got an E46 everyone knows the shape, but if I say i've got a 2006 330i wtf is that?

I know exactly what a 2006 330i is. It's a pile of shit. You don't need to mask that by saying some secret BMW club codeword like E46.

So you refer to your corolla by year, engine and trim level, or just say E-XXX?
Fucking retard, it's just easier

>replying to frogposter
this was your first mistake

getting triggered by a frogposter
wewlad

because saying e36 is easier than "1995 bmw 328i"
end yourself

It's not conceited. People do the same with other manufacturers.
Nissan's S-Chassis, each iteration of the Z, Toyota's A70 and A80, etc.

>Secret BMW Club
OP has revealed his peasant level

its a lot easier to remember E36 or E39 than the exact years they were produced

As always, frogposters and their shit threads.
People say that because an e46 323i and an e46 330i have mostly interchangeable parts, as with most bmw's of the same chassis. Meanwhile the parts of e46 and non-e46 versions of the same model are not in any way interchangeable.

What would you rather someone say?

I drive a bmw?
I drive a three series?

too vague lil nigga

op wishes he drove a bmw

>not being a part of a secret car club

do you even know what conceited means?

Its easier to tell what model by the chassis code. Not just a bmw thing btw.

>each iteration of the Z

Well not actually, people rather say 240/260/280Z rather than S30, 280ZX instead of S130 and 350Z and 370Z instead of Z33 and 34. 300ZXs have the same name so those are more often called Z31 and 32.

OP is a faggot. Are you mad that saying "G-body" is too wide and can mean like million different cars from three decades.

because if they don't use the designation then people will realize that they have an entry level cheapest of the bunch 3-series.

Next time someone in person calls their 3 series something like e36 or e39 just say, "Oh a 3 series right?"

>You don't need to mask that by saying some secret BMW club codeword like E46.

Yes but you literally do need that. 2006 330i can either mean the E46 or an E9X, so fuck off.

>Next time someone in person calls their 3 series something like e36 or e39 just say, "Oh a 3 series right?"

What did he mean by this?

e-thir-ty-six
nine-teen-nine-ty-five three-twen-ty-eight-i

which one is more annoying to say? maybe just stop being a retard and learn a simple naming convection instead of getting upset when people use the chassis codes.

Nah I think you just have autism OP. Get diagnosed and medicated, it's for your own good.

>because if they don't use the designation then people will realize that they have an entry level cheapest of the bunch 3-series.
nice projection you dumb faggot. a 330i e46 for example costs like 3k. they call them that because its' easier. kill yourself.

he has autism and doesn't know anything about the cars, so he just spergs about things he doesn't like. waaa why don't people like things i like

>Next time someone in person calls their 3 series something like e36 or e39 just say, "Oh a 3 series right?"
E39 is the chassis code for 5 series though you absolute retard, way to shoot yourself in the foot.

Do you get but flustered when Someones talking about and XJ, or what about W123? , 964's and 993's must make your asshole tingle with a hernia of epic proportions.

because the actual names are bland, longer and more confusing.

stop spering you gran autismo, it isn't just a bmw thing. It's just easier to refer to your car by its chassis code when talking to other car guys

Ok are you retarded?

EVERY SINGLE Veeky ForumsTIST calls their car or a certain car by the code cause it's easier for most car guys to know or remember what the general model is instead of trying to remember the exact specific model like an Autismo

>I got a 1995 civic si
>"I forget is that the eg or ek?"
>wtf faggit you mean you don't KNOOW!?!
>"I can't remember the years are too close"
>man! what a fag! *Henk* turns cape and runs away backwards

>TIL that most of Veeky Forums are eurocuck bimmerfags

I don't even bother OP
All BMWs that don't begin with M aren't even worth mention, and even then I would rather be talking about Porsche or Mercedes

>that don't begin with M
retard what does it have to do with chassis codes?
Wow you really do not know shit about cars

Does anyone else find it kinda conceited when corvette fags refer to their cars by their platform designation instead of the actual model?

>yeah ive got a c5
>haha yeah the c7s are nice

Just call it what it is you fucking retard. It's not a corvette, it's a 1996 zr-1. Why is that so difficult? Fucking idiot.

gm fangirls btfo

Anyone can drive a BMW. But only rich people can pay for their maintenance and repairs. It would actually be cheaper to buy 1500 dollar BMWs once a year than it would be to fix everything wrong with their God awful German engineering

>Don't call it an e36
>It's a 328i
>Reeee

Is it autism?

>literally using a phrase from reddit
Really makes me think

Only people who drive cars with no heritage are triggered by this.

I audibly keked irl
I guess it's true what they say, op is always a gigantic faggot

what about the E30 333i

implying car illiterates know what the fuck a 333i is

>tfw you join the bmw club last month but still havnt recieved your list of code words

>300ZXs have the same name so those are more often called Z31 and 32.

The BMW 3 series has been going on for like 40 years.
Same thing.
e21, e30, e36, e46, e90, f30

When someone says "I have an e30" no one thinks they have an m3. If you have a m3, you'll call your car "An E30 M3"

Industry names will get used in discussions between enthusiasts.
Do you also hate blue collar plumbers because they used the term "Jim Cap"?
No, it's not a secret club, anyone can know any of the terms. Ignorance of the terminology really just self segregates the casuals from the tru niggas. It's not the tru niggas fault you're a casual, they're not hiding their secret language.

bmw owner here.
how do i join the super sectet bmw club?
are there any special requirements?

You've got to sport an 8"er soft to get in. Chad will check the measurement with his mouth.

that isnt the same thing at all you dumb fuck. one refers to like 3 potential models, the other refers to 10

Does anyone else find it kinda conceited when Porsche fags refer to their cars by their platform designation instead of the actual model?
>yeah ive got a 993
>haha yeah the 997s are nice
Just call it what it is you fucking retard. It's not a 993, it's a 1995 911. Why is that so difficult? Fucking idiot.

I DRIVE AN XV50

that's 2012 Toyota Camry to you

imagine if camryfags called their shit codenames like XV50 XV60 wtf

just fucking name your car like every other institution in the world does... year make model

i literally spilled my caprisun

fucking LOL @ all the triggered BMW fags in this thread. it's fucking true. you use all these secret codewords when in reality the model name says it all. you drive some pile of shit non-M 3 series, so just fucking say it. if it was an M model, you'd say M3, not M E36. I wonder why?

>if it was an M model, you'd say M3, not M E36. I wonder why?
Because then you'd say E36 M3.

Does anyone else find it kinda conceited when Ford fags refer to their cars by their platform designation instead of the vin number?

>yeah ive got an falcon
>haha yeah the xr6's are nice

Just call it what it is you fucking retard. It's not an falcon, it's a JG40WT11115C. Why is that so difficult? Fucking idiot.

No more so than when JDM fags do the same shit, so not very.

E38 was the best bimmer ever. Prove me wrong.

>it's another "autist spergs over how a manufacturer actually designates numbers to its platforms as opposed to just winging it like the big 3" episode

I knew BMW owners weren't the smartest but this is a bit much.

Only the case in that retarded language tho

They don't you retard.
They say the name and the platform no.

Eg. Boxster s 987
Just like gc8 wrx and other memes.
It's a more a more succinct way of describing cars.

Off the top of your head and without looking it up, is a 1983 318i an E21 or E30?

If you didn't know that for certain, then you have your answer for why chassis codes are easier

>Does anyone else find it kinda conceited when Porsche fags refer to their cars by their platform designation instead of the actual model?
>>yeah ive got a 930
>>haha yeah the 991sare nice
>Just call it what it is you fucking retard. It's not a 997, it's a 2008 Porsche 911 Carrerra 4S. Why is that so difficult? Fucking idiot.

328i
most of that's an engine code
and the first number means almost nothing from year to year
wuck you
its shitarce auto makers using the same names over again that makes looking anything up online a pain in the ass
even when you put in the year and model the results are still fucked up by dumb cunt stores and online listings

>tfw ppl get crappy fake mini instead

>its a Porsche 9001
>normies still call it a 901

BMWfags really are the scum of the earth.
Porsche people say 911 carrera 4s to plebs, and clarify the model number afterwards if people ask.
It's logical.

I don't know a single BMW chassis code ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>live in Stuttgart
>Porsches and Daimlers are everywhere here/everyone works for one of the manufacturers directly or indirectly
>even normies know some of the chassis codes, at least the more recognizable ones
>As in W123 is the final chrome model, W124 the last boxy one, 993 and 996 was the big redesign etc

Makes sense imo

Also referring to cars by their year is a burger thing, probably goes back to the days when there was a new bodystyle almost each year

>OP this trigered by chassis numbers
hard to tell which are troll posts and which are serious but this is too funny

back at it again with the triggered eurocucksXD

>get triggered by filename, get ready to sperg
>do google image search
>turns out 'V6' is a class for almost stock touring cars in VLN

That was close.

Stop with this old baitposting. Let's say for example that you have a 1990 Nissan Sunny and a 1990 Nissan Sunny. How am I able to tell which one's an N13 and which one's a B12?

South African in the UK.
Can confirm from both countries that we don't do the model year thing either. On differences are noted when there's a facelift, but otherwise also refer to the generation or platform of a model.

I think it's a burger thing because their brains are small, like their power output after SAE net.
>oh snap.
>here, have a vagina grill.

you have to be in a secret nissan club to tell which is which

>posts le ribbit emotes xd on le Veeky Forums

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And that's what the fucking chassis coders are you triggered americuck. Same with any smart manufacturer. Like SN-95 for example. Even you know what that means and if I owned one I wouldn't say I owned a Mustang, but an SN-95 instead.

Ignorance is nothing to be proud about.

bmwfags btfo

fuck off back to plebbit faggot

Even knowing the chassis codes, all BMWs look the same.
They're vital to differentiate their snoresville lineup of cars, so thats the reason why theres so much ass blasted in this thread OP

>ARR ROOK SAME
hey look, it's another ''expert'' who thinks a brand should stray away from their original iconic design features
yeah they all have 4 wheels, a twin kidney grille and hoffmeister's kink guess they all look the same then

As a non-BMW fag, I have no idea what those platforms are and it is lost on me.

>not brand, model, year and engine

fucking BMWfags and their meaningless numbers.

>BMW too lazy/scared to try a new look
>m-muh iconic design
The truth burns hard doesn't it

BMW tried a new look in the early 00's, it ended up looking like shit (see bangle butt)
Everyone hated the ''new designs'' and attacked BMW for not sticking to tradition.
Now some random ''design expert'' on Veeky Forums claims that BMW should ''try new look'' again lmao sure.

But if someone asks what car I drive and I just say bmw they will think I'm some sort of asshole op.

If I say its a 330 they dont ask anything else.

>he isn't part of a secret car club that uses secret code words to keep their secret codes words a secret.

Do you have autism?

>ha ha jokes on you, I was just pretending to be autistic

i dont know what kind of Ewhatever mine is so i just call it a 328xi

it's cooler cause it has an X in it.

To be honest the Bangle thing was quite a startle. The early one really were just jaw-droppingly awful and nothing you ever thought you'd call a BMW. But somehow they managed to refine it enough over the years to look suitable.

I'm not sure if that's because design in general went to shit at about the same time or if it's a secret Russian brainwashing program or what.

I've owned 3 different Civics, and usually I just say the generation of the Civic. Like 5th gen Civic, 8th gen, etc. Honestly I don't even remember the super secret codewords for most the models.

Closest thing we have to a BMW thread so I'll ask here

How reliable is the E46 as a DD/commuter? I was looking at an E36 but it got sold under my nose and there's a local e46 for sale for a pretty nice deal.

Bmw is nothing to be proud of

The z3 coupe did not have the hoffmeister's kink.

Are you ?

They're pretty good, just get one that has had its routine maintenance and you'll be happy

Sure it is, a rich history of fun rwd, sport-oriented cars with wonderful inline 6 engines coupled with lovely interiors. The fact that it makes retarded autistic neckbeards butthurt is simply the icing on the cake.

the flaw in your plan is that a $1500 bmw will not last a whole year