So I'm looking at a 2011 Subaru WRX. It looks pretty nice but the problem is it's got 120k miles on it...

So I'm looking at a 2011 Subaru WRX. It looks pretty nice but the problem is it's got 120k miles on it. So should I take a leap on this or not?

how much? don't bother unless you are willing to have a mechanic to do the following: pre- purchase inspection,compression/leakdown test,and block test.

$14000. It seems reasonable. Thanks yeah I'll have it checked also.

is it right wheel?

>14000
>It seems reasonable.
absolutely not, you're probably paying a huge premium for the hatch. 14k would get you a clean 02-07 wrx with under 100k miles, is it a dealer?

Yeah it's from a dealer. I figured an older car with the same miles would be less reliable than a newer one, I don't know though.

With slightly more miles, I meant.

They're the same for the most part, just as unreliable as the other. The older ones look better too just know buying that car may bring many problems if not checked out thoroughly, don't think dealer would offer a warranty but doesn't hurt to ask

>14k shekels for a piece of shit with 120k on the clock

my car cost less than that, is three years newer and has 45k miles

Not op but I'm looking at a 2015 wrx sti launch edition with 60k miles for $28k.
Is that reasonable?

no

Most dealers only offer an extended warranty up to 100k miles on used cars, but I don't know if they're actually good or a scam. But his dealer should at least have a 30 or 60 day warranty. So if he buys it he needs to ride it really hard and see what's wrong with it to get it fixed before his warranty is up.

Damn really?
Where do you live that you can find cheaper STIs?

Offer 24 do not look back if they decline, they'll probably call back

I probably wouldn't pay full price.
This will be my first time buying a car though so I am pretty nervous.

>I probably wouldn't pay full price
you shouldn't 24k is fair

I will offer that then.
Thanks user.

>buying a used sports car with over 100k miles

enjoy replacing everything and end up paying the full MSRP

What is a good mileage ballpark for a used car? Is it safe to assume around 10K a year is safe? I'm interested in the BRZ but I'm having trouble deciding between two 2014's, one with 68K and the other with 56K. The 56K is 1000 bucks cheaper.

anytime you buy a used sports car you're guaranteed to have engine, tranny, clutch, or brake issues from the 18-25yo kid redlining every red light and stop sign

Not engine troubles if it's a rotary, at least not due to redlining.

Meant to say that the 68K is 1000 bucks cheaper

>not due to redlining

because all of the problems are due to the engine being shit in general