Does anyone here actually own their own business?

Does anyone here actually own their own business?

I own a dropshipping business
so yes

yep. entrep here. i have small business worth a couple (2) million dollars, but i wanna get bigtime!

I own a janitorial and environmental contracting firm.

I have for the last 15 years.

I do.

>own their own

There any solid resources online for getting into that? Sounds like free money for a few hours of effort per week.

im thinking about doing landscape. have truck, and have an older lady that is looking for someone to do basic shit like mulch and fertilizer. she said she had about 5 other neighbos too who wouldbe interested, and suggested i go to a gardening event with lots of old people who just need a little help here and there.

at what point is it a good idea to form a llc and move the assets to it? ill be eventually getting a different truck,lawnmower, tools,ect. i dont want to form it at first because its a chunk of change to push the paperwork and everything

>at what point is it a good idea to form a llc and move the assets to it?
generally when you have more than two partners or are paying someone else to manage the company.

got a couple guys that can help out when needed, but most of the work i think i can do myself.

what do i do if someone wants to pay with check? my bank my get a bit suspicious if im depositing checks from 20 different people a month

1. buy liability insurance, get a few million in coverage. It actually covers you for all the stuff you think an LLC does.

2. set up a business checking account. This isn't necessary if you're a sole-proprietor but it helps at tax time. Banks don't get suspicious of people doing business, they see it all the time.

im trying to avoid actually "Starting" the business until after im sure its profitable. last time i did light research it was about $500 to do the paperwork.

is there an exemption in the US for small business under a certain dollar amount like 10k?

there isn't any exemption, the state makes tons of money off folks like you that think they need an LLC when it doesn't actually do them any good.

In my area you can set up a small business for $50 (business license). The checking account costs about $125 for the checkbook and checks, you can probably find the same checks online for a lot less. The account itself doesn't cost anything at my bank. Free checking.

Insurance costs a bit, I'd estimate about $200/month for you. But only a fool would work without it.

You 'set up' a business the instant you start making money working for others. The rest is just formalities and taxes. So legally you're in business the instant you start selling. You may not be legally operating your business, but it's a business none the less.

well i just went through a website and it says i need 11 total permits or licenses lol. itll do it for me for 50 bucks tho

ill just operate illegally for a little bit then. no one fucks around with the guy cutting old people lawns for 20 bucks here and there

>11 total permits or licenses
maybe, depends on the state and city. In my area the MOST you'd ever need is a contractor's license, a sales tax license, a city business license, and insurance.

>no one fucks around with the guy cutting old people lawns for 20 bucks here and there
yeah, I don't see a lot of risk in it. The biggest danger is one of your customers or crew suing you, but honestly that's pretty rare if you do good work and don't treat people badly.

I've been in business 15 years without getting sued once. knock on wood.

he looks like a young Jim Lahey there.

Look at this. Guide to drop shipping. Doesn't require much. I want to do that too, except I don't even have enough for the legal fees.

F

The dropshipping thread.

Yeah, why????

Yes.

I do 7 figures in annual sales and have over a dozen employees.

what is it?

In sales means nothing. Tell me when it's 7 figures in profits, faggot.