If you were forced at gunpoint to buy one of these two shitboxes, which would you buy and why?

If you were forced at gunpoint to buy one of these two shitboxes, which would you buy and why?

the sti

Both of those "shitboxes" would be a massive step up from my current actual shitbox.

I'd take the Subaru, it's better looking and awd

both are understeering pigs so get me that honda reliability

>turbo instead of vtec yo
honestly rather just get a wrx, not even an sti

I'd flip a coin cause I don't care for either

>better shifter & clutch
>adaptive dampers
>$10k less

gimme dat si

I'd take the Civic, it's more practical, better gear box, better interior, and 38mpg highway.

>better interior

lmao no

I'd take a wrx over a type r

>fake vents

give me the vapemachine

i guess i'd die because i pick neither.

The vape mobile because
>Wrong wheel drive

I'd take the bullet in the head

I'd ask for a bullet through the brain

only yokels and faggots would pick the sti over that civic

I have never driven an awd car so I could give the sti a go.

So what do you faggots drive then? Ferrari's?

SI because it didn't get imported into my 3rd world country and it would be RARE. STI is common, there's like 5 at every car meet.

STI, buying a none R Civic, ever.

Why would you take the FWD civic?

I guess maybe I'd take the Honda just to see if they're really any good. I know I'd be pleased as pie in the STi because I had an Impreza for a while and just plain like the way it moved and what it could do. But I don't think I'd ever try the Si if somebody weren't holding a gun to my head.

The WRX is the one that should be compared to the Si not the STi (that should be compared to the Type R)

I choose the Si because its built by our friendly frozen maple fags up north who i love so much.

>its built by our friendly frozen maple fags up north who i love so much
Another strike against it

>The vape mobile

The Focus isn't an option.

Why, Honda outranks subaru in almost all reliability charts. Buick too. both made in canada.

>r friendly frozen maple fags up north who i love so much.

t. Chuck Dalahniuk of Halifax

CANADIANS OUT!!!!!!

Thought all the ukrainians lived in alberta

Probably the STI because it snows here and AWD would be nice. If I lived in the desert I'd take the civic.

>Buy STI
>aftermarket hood with no scoop
>wing delete
>enjoy superior vehicle

why would you intentionally delete horsepower.

AWD or 4WD is sick to drift in the sand m8.

>tfw you live in the timeline where subaru became so complacent that the civic eventually became faster than an sti

That's going to change soon since Honda keeps incorporating more Chinese parts into their cars

And then you need a front mount. Have fun with turbo lag paired with a turbo that spools late.

>Take turn at 80mph with foot on throttle
>hurr why it unerseer

The WRX because it has so much more HP and AWD

The New Civic SI isn't that great, it makes about the same power as the 2015 one but its just got a dinky engine with a turbo to make up for it. Not a whole lot new or any reason for me to get it over the WRX

ALK really does more than you'd think it should for that even though urethane bushing will make every seam in the pavement feel like a rut. I don't know if Subaru has updated the suspension geometry over the years but there's a lot of room between
>hairdresser commuter pigfat understeer safety
and
>pleasant tossability when you want to have a bit of a jot down the ol' twisty turney

If you watch the whole video and then slow down this part. He enters the turn way too fast, he also doesn't turn enough and doesn't brake at all until again its way too late. He could have come through fine if he just braked enough. Hes clearly an inexperienced driver who doesn't know the ins and outs of his car.

I'd take the CTR.

Also IIRC you can adjust the torque output from 50/50 to as much as 70/30 to the rear/front wheels respectively. This would have helped with the turning ability to a certain extent

Yeah obviously the dude is also driving like it's a video game or something instead of setting up the chassis to attack the corner, but the platform has a well-deserved reputation for being easy to understeer in.

Friend of mine got a WRX and in the course of his first long-distance trip enjoying the thrill of pulling 130MPH+ down the highway managed to wear the front tires almost down to the the cords because he was scrubbing so hard against the understeer.

sounds like he didn't even rotate the tires (along with a slew of other shit he didn't do)

It was almost brand new at the time. Wear pattern showed a solid case of shitty "close enough" front toe out from the dealership or whoever does the alignments before sale. A tiny little bit of toe out can help liven things up but I had to wonder if he was actively fighting the front end never going where he wanted.

Subaru admittedly is years behind on their interiors but man, the civic just shat the bed on that.

Not just that but blocking the radiator with a front-mount is something boxers hate.

Thanks OP for making this thread
I get to see all these
These underage busrider meme answers is exactly why this board is garbage. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are the same person.

Civic, because it's not the subaru

guess I'll post what I've been wondering itt

I want a charger. maybe the hellcat, but that might be overkill also I'm not gonna buy new because poor so probably not
I've looked into it and I really want it. looks pretty roomy, pretty powerful, and not too pig fat. plus cops use it and I haven't heard too many problems

but I think I could achieve something similar with a meme 3k civic

is there something behind the meme or is it just a meme?

I'll take the type r since I have an Si right now and it's pretty much perfect

Chad Subaru
Virgin Si

The STI is a higher trim than the SI, so this isn't a fair comparison. Between the STI and the R, I'd pick the STI for tuning potential even though the stock R is slightly faster.

The WRX because I don't like FWD or the way the new civic looks, and because I'm a subaru nerd

what kind of windowlicker would take a civic si over a vape machine

type r i could understand but AWD is pretty appealing

I'd be dead because I have no money

Si
I fucking hate Subarus

>Buy
>Implying I can afford either car anyways

Well since I'd still have my Evo I'd go with the Civic. I could daily it and then just supercharge it and blow it up.

AWD is appealing if you live in a shithole.

this is a pretty unfair comparison, isn't the STi nearly $15k more?

WRX vs SI or STI vs Type R would be a better question. I'd take the Subaru in either case though.