Automakers: manual cars don't sell

>automakers: manual cars don't sell
>manual versions of older sports car routinely get sold at x2 the price of the automatic version
>people paying $200k+ for manual-only Singer 911s
>Focus RS out of stock everywhere

What am I missing here?

Nothing

Performance cars =/= Everyday DD.

But manual transmissions are even rarer in performance cars.

Even manuel cheap fun DDs tend toward rare and expensive on the used market.

The people who buy singers don't buy cheap manual DD
The people who buy lightly used manual 'sporty' cars don't buy brand new cheap manual DD

Think about a Hyundai i30. Its target market doesn't have a many people wanting to buy a manual

What the fuck is a Hyundai i30? Maybe that's why people aren't interested in it.

Because manufacturers don't give a shit about the used car market.
If you wanna see more manual cars, people need to buy more new ones (I'm talking the cheap DDs)

No, the real problem is the Jews. Change US Rabbinical law to tax autofags and require taking the driver's test in a manual. Make them have to wear scarlet "A" placards in the windshield.

Then see how things change. The entire problem is that the Jews want to take away personal freedom of movement.

came here to post exactly this
manufacturers don't get a cut of used car sales
the majority of people buying new cars want autos
so that's what they make

>If you wanna see more manual cars, people need to buy more new ones
This. Don't compromise on it either. I have walked off lots more than once because they didn't have the car I wanted in manual.

Why not just call first? I wouldn't even waste time going to a lot if they couldn't have what I want.

Because he has an all day bus pass, so why waste it?

Bus passes suck, though. You have to plan out what time you have to be at which stops when they're running. Why would you take a bus to a lot with shit you don't want to buy?

I do call if I want a test drive, but I've also dropped in on lots just to check out a model even if they didn't have manual. If I just want to check out a model I'm not familiar with I'll gladly look at the automatic version on the lot 10 minutes from work rather than drive 2 hours to the big dealership to see a manual version.

They come like every 5 minutes on most bus routes in my city, I use it for getting back from a night of drinking.

Good for you.

>What am I missing here?
The profit numbers

Don't care. I don't buy cars to sit in a downy pen.

I'm not buying an auto, so there's no purpose in trying one that's dialed completely differently for a retard transmission.

Are you sure?

>puts manual on every slowshit car we don't want
>a ton of their better offerings are auto only
>afraid of the tuner scene because they don't want you driving around a 20 year old supra
>"manual transmission doesnt sell"
They know exactly what theyre fucking doing

Tanking the resale/old car market

For every new car that sells 20 used cars sell that automakers don't get to see a single cent of and lose a sale too.

My tin foil hat moment is that they make cars intentionally bad for resale, every German/VAG car is great to own as a lease for 3 years but after that generally become a maintenance night-fucking-mare ESPECIALLY BMW's and the ones that don't are boring commutercars that no enthusiast would care about.

With the boring commuter cars they're sound at a mechanical level but a filled with awful electronics that age like milk and will probably break at some point and be totally unfix able for any reasonable amount of money.

In my country the i30 is only sold with a manual. Since it's an econobox, people who buy it want to squeeze the last bit of value, reliability and economy they can from it.

That's still not going to make me buy new though. Literally the only reason I gave a toyobaru the time of day was that it was cheap and 10 years newer than the miatas and RXs in its price range.

Realistically it's about cutting cost.
It's cheaper to produce a model of car that's 1 engine, 1 transmission, 1 body style.
Then you just swap out the seats, change the color of the dash, and add stupid shit like heated rear-view mirrors, and wa-la you have 3 trims with no additional engineering costs.

I watch the stock at local dealerships pretty regularly. Manual transmission cars are in and out quick, especially on models like a GTI and FRS.
I saw a dealer get sold a used, manual GTI on Wednesday, they inspected it, washed it, took some pictures, posted it on their website Thursday, and it was gone by Friday.

New car buyers don't want manuals, the people who do want manuals usually don't want and can't afford new cars.

people don't want an automatic camry to drive every day.

It doesn't have to be that way user.
t. 6MT SS

>brand new $50000 chebby
>buys groceries from walmart
you really have your financial priorities in order, cletus

It's not that I can't afford a new car. It's just that
1. New cars are full of faggotry
2. They're ridiculously expensive compared to used and I have better things to do with my dosh

Maybe the richtard lease market or something like that will be the future solution. Hell, I might even richtard lease things if the pricing structure made it make sense as like 1yr test drives of cool stuff that you want to try but don't really think you'd want to buy.

>New car buyers don't want manuals
unfortunately this is even becoming true in the UK. People financing new cars, especially German ones, aren't petrolheads and will get an automatic because it's easier/a 'luxury' option at little/no extra cost
Even my old driving instructor is looking at starting to teach in an automatic, because middle-class teenagers don't really like cars any more. They just want to get a licence and get a German whip that will look good for girls and get them about with no fuss

It was $40k with the 20% off MSRP deal they had in March. Also if you look at their parking lots there's plenty of chebby trucks that cost that much or more too. There's some good stuff there, it's not all shit.

>Make them have to wear scarlet "A" placards in the windshield.
i kiked

nowadays they are, yeah
automatics with paddle shifters are becoming the norm
it may not have spread to stuff like the WRX or Type R yet, but it's going to happen eventually

And maybe because almost nobody on Chile drives manual? I recognized those numbers. Most auto cars are imported, I've rarely seen someone with an auto car that isn't from Iquique, or isn't disabled. Hell, I've seen 12-year olds learning to drive stick on empty fields with a 2.8 Hilux.