[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Sexy Sumo edition
(Phoneposting this so sorry if it's fucked)

>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Rating

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
A2 bikes:
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Actual last thread because I'm literally too retarded to type properly

SUZUKI

Just curious but why did you buy s new sv650 when there hasn't really been major changes since its release? They still haven't fixed the oil starvation at high angles.

How do you like it though? My brother is interested in one. Between an sv650, a striple, and a shiver right now.

they fixed that even before the Gladius lol

Where did you read that? Everything I've looked at has said the opposite.

BOST PIKES

How should you shift? I have always used the clutch for every shift but I was recently told that I should only be using the clutch to take off. Which way is correct?

I work at Suzuki

You don't NEED to use the clutch but it's recommended for gearbox longevity. I clutchless upshift if I'm trying to go sanic but use the clutch for downshift and 95% of upshifts.

I hope your neck snaps.

BIKES

Should I buy a van and convert it to a camper or buy a Ural and buy a decent tent?

Just get a normal bike with panniers

Get an original mini and convert it to a camper.

>ausfag
>restricted license
>can't ride a rgv250

WHY THE FUCK CANT I RIDE A TWO STROKE 250

>post bikes
>only one bike
every fuqn time

Because you're clearly a bikey criminal and will hoon

Bitches

You used to be able to before the LAMS laws back when it was 250cc restrictions and 1 year instead of 3 years and 3 months if that makes you feel better.

Yeah thats why its such bullshit, the two stroke 250s where a great option for people on their restricted license that still wanted a fast/sporty bike

Where will gf sit?

>instead of 3 years and 3 months

Wait what? I'm still using the paper slip they sent me and I was only on the restricted motorbikes for a few months. P-plates aren't restricted, you're only not allowed to have any alcohol in your system and no passengers

P plates are restricted to a LAMS bike ya dingus.
and you are allowed to carry a pillion with P plates, just not on L plates.
try actually reading that letter properly.

btw the ktm 300exc, 500exc, kx500 and cr500 are all lams approved.

>all these communist rules
feels good to have freedom

>has freedumbs
>can't register a 2 stroke dirtbike and ride it on the road

on the back

>CONGRATULATIONS, YOU WIN 50,000$

Whats the first bike you buy

that same bike but nakeder

>getting air on a fully loaded GSA with a grill on the back while "off-roading"

HP2 enduro
I know a dealer who has one.

why would you want such a fat enduro?
it makes a KTM 690/Husky701 look slim.

Because

>6 days left until I get back to ride her again

jesus christ the wait is killing me, at least the weather is going to be nice

Thats an odd comparison to make, all the bikes are wildly different.

They are not even in the same price segment.

so you could get a bike that weighs half as much, makes half the power and doesn't handle like a turd and have money left over to maintain it.

with all the bells and whistles

>bmw
>handles like a turd

>P plates are restricted to a LAMS bike ya dingus.
Oh fucking what? You're right, that's a bit bullshit.

>Must not ride a motorcycle carrying a pillion passenger (a motorcycle and sidecar is acceptable with a passenger).
Wrong about that though.

Should we start writing letters? I know David Leyonhjelm rides motorbikes, who else could we harass?

Every bike has a "sweet spot" RPM range where shifting is smooth without using the clutch. It's normally pretty high, so if you're at WOT and banging out gears, clutchess shifts will probably be pretty smooth. Quick shifters work great and don't engage the clutch, they just momentarily cut out throttle, which is typically enough.

IMO you should use the clutch for every downshift though. I have a slipper clutch, still have to pull it in to shift down, but don't have to blip the throttle because it will slip on its own until the RPMs match. Next bike is gonna have a quick shifter with an auto blip downshift.

>being a bmw shill
bmw can't make dirtbikes this is well known.
dude gave you 50k to buy cool bikes and you pick a boring baby boomers pretend dirt bike?

I said HP2 Enduro, not 1200GSA.

Yeah they're just the ones he likes.
One of the guys on our street got a white Shiver and that's the one he really wants right now but then he'll see a striple and change his mind, then go back, etc.

1299 Panigale R

In reality I would just pay off debt.

Why?

how good are these old interceptors? thinking of picking one up but unsure if they're all time bombs of if they're bulletproof.

P I G F A T
I
G
F
A
T

Hmm maybe thats if you hold a full car license, you don't have to display P plates if you have a full car license either.

then he should testride them.

The SV is an amazing bike but comparing it to a Street Triple just ain't fair.

For you

the 500's are okay but the 1000's tend to melt their camshafts due to poor oil delivery.

Carbs are absolutely awful to work on though. Putting them in takes a metal bar, 45 minutes, and 2 people or you risk crushing a rubber boot.

Suzuki thinks it is fair, sv650 competes with the cbr650, ninja 650, fz-07, etc, they really need to step up their game.

He probably will. Wants to get one in spring 2018 whichever he decides on.

well it competes in the sense that it's several grand cheaper.

but other than that I don't see it.

Pretty much the same price as the FZ07

Makes sense why I see so much more of them on the road now.

CB500F unironically.
I would then pay debts, put down on first house, and give remainder to The Church.

out of every bike on the planet you pick one of the most boring ones

B U S A
U
S
A

I am but simple man. Like dark beer, long rides, and blowjobs.

and boring motorcycles

remember to lube early and lube often

I'm looking at another week of rain commuting to wagecuck job, I hope that's it for autumn rains and after september it'll be dry til sprin

He was just asking for your dream bike under 50k, stop being autistic

>worrying about chain life
chain only cost $110 user.

>Stop having reasons for liking things.
>I have clearly never commuted during an ice storm.

Four V-strom

nobody LIKES the cb500f, they just tolerate it

>commuted during an ice storm
Why would I do that? That's fucking stupid.

>not owning a car
this is what you get for making a motorcycle your only form of transport.
anyone who tries to defend riding in weather like that is simply too poor to afford registration and insurance on two vehicles.

how common are dropped valves?

goddamn 80's honda makes me rock hard

>Not financing one at 26.87%
>Giving it a retarded, mostly green paint job and a stretch
>Crashing that fucker at full speed into the first fucking tree that enters your field of vision

1200GSA is beyond pigfat, it is a small moon of an "offroad" bike.
The HP2 enduro is still severly overweight, even the 690 enduro could be described as chubby.

Not sure, I've never heard of one.

Ive got a pair of honda v65 engines in my garage rn.

After 84 or 85 honda released some "fixes" for the cam wear issues, but ifk if this was for the whole v4 lineup or just for the Magna and the Sabre.

Essentially they made these flat tappet cams out of pot metal and they didnt get enough oil, so i think they introduced a different oil pump or something.

Ive read on the v4 forums you can get way better cams from a custom shop.

It still didn't completely fix the problem, but it definitely improved it.

Ive seen that there are kits available that pump oil directly into the valve covers, but from my reading the biggest problem with them was mainly the shitty cams, poor heat treating and worn ones looked like they were cast iron, pitted badly

Imagine buying the bike brand new in 1984 and then it basically writing itself off within a year.

would you guys go for white or red? pretty much the same price, one is 1 year newer with more kms.

I kind of like the white more but the red is flashier.

>owning an Italian bike
>not going for maximum flash

Yeah, really tarnished Hondas reputation for a while.

Yeah thankfully they managed to redeem it with the electrical problems on the VFR and dropping valves on the RC51

A Rune, not because I really want it but because I said if I ever won the lottery I would buy one. Followed by an '86 VFR750F, and a Moto Guzzi of some flavor since after a V4, transverse v-twin is the patrician choice.

New bike, cant wait to change the bars to drag bars and repaint it.

Down payment on an arch.

BMW knows its riders are dicks. So they made the headlight look like cock and balls.

Absolutely true

With just the day-riding lights on it's even better visible.

>selling my WR450 tomorrow (likely)
>cant decide what to get next
2018 FZ07
2007 FZ6
2013 CB500f

I like the size and power of the FZ07, but its the most cost
I like the idea of the FZ6 but hate the 4cyl but its VERY cheap
I like the 2cyl of the CB500 but it lacks power

Cant decide guys

Eliminate the CB first.
Buy the Fz-07 if you
A) own a home or want to forever rent
B) have gear you like.

Otherwise get the fz6, a new jacket or helmet and keep the rest for a down payment.

FZ07>FZ6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CB500

Dirt bike to cafe racer conversion

Your thoughts? Dirt bikes seem really inexpensive compared to other motorcycles.

I own a home and have gear.
Planned on $2500 down payment. They are offering 0% financing for 12 months (i think)
Just seems dumb to put myself in debt.
But like says.
It is the best bike for what i want

Vespa

Then buy it
You will pay it off
You won't like the CB at all and the FZ6 isn't what you want

Do it faggot

fag

why do people buy bikes that aren't yamahas? unless it's an Italian superbike you can pretty much guarantee there's a yami that does the job better for less.