302 CID V8

>302 CID V8
>190 HP
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""high""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" output
>0-60 in 11 seconds
>1/4 mile 18 seconds
>American engineering

No wonder everyone was on drugs in the '80s, American cars sucked hard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=FV0g5AL0u-I
youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=RI-lukE09gs
youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=d2wz6oV9sSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That was a 305 V8 you retard. And even AMerican car fans hate that engine. Using a Chevy 302 (which does exist) would've been a DRAMATIC improvement because it'd fix every problem that engine had

Every car sucked in the 80s

>190 HP
>0-60 in 11 seconds

my fucking 90hp clown car can do better

nice projection

>0-60 in 11 seconds
>1/4 mile 18 seconds

Those are like '84 305 automatic times. The newer H.O. 305s are much quicker.

305 Camaros are like v6 Mustangs

We all know this was a low point in American car history. Let's just move on.

There were better American cars in the 80s though, even made by GM.

Fiero:
>2.8l V6
>140hp
>"""""""""""""""""""High""""""""""""""""""""" output
>0-60 in 7.9 seconds
>1/4 mile in 16 seconds

Corvette:
>350 CID V8
>250hp
>0-60 in 5.6 seconds
>1/4 mile in 14 seconds

>190hp
Yeah, no...

240 HP actually, and even the 190hp e30 m3 0-60 time is 2 times faster than the camaro op posted.

>240 HP
That's for the special edition Sport Evo model which nobody has.

The base model has 190hp.

OP is full of shit.

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=FV0g5AL0u-I

Yeah and even the base model was 2 times faster than the Camaro.
The stock EVO had 220hp btw, not a special edition

See
It wasn't, and you're stupid to compare a car that cost over twice as much.

See

>you're stupid to compare a car that cost over twice as much
yeah, read to what I originally replied to man.

Where'd you get your specs, you retard? It's a 305, even the slowest v8 (1982 LG4) has an 9.4 second 0-60 and runs a 17.10. That's with the horrible emissions controls on, take off the massively restrictive pellet type catalytic converter and you get about 40 more horsepower.

If you noticed, shit got better over time. They'd just had way too strict emissions regulations put on them without giving them sufficient time to engineer something that passed AND made power. There was also the oil crisis a few years prior that brought in a lot of downsizing in displacement, car sizes, and lots of 2 barrel carbs where 4 barrels should be. The ones a few years later with fuel injection and monolithic cats made more power, as well as having wider exhaust pipes and no restrictive t-pipe going to the resonators. Mine with only the cat removed, the timing advanced a hair, and a double roller timing chain set instead of the shitty nylon cam gear, ran a 15.10. Don't forget they make 240 ft-lbs of torque down low stock, and mine isn't.

They're really not as bad as the numbers make them seem. Go drive one and come back. Mine puts a smile on my face and that's what really matters.

>pre fuel injection smog era motor is low power

What's next op? Water is wet?

its like you took Foxbody times and engine but GM output and picture

get it together famalam

but yeah American cars 70s-2010s were almost nothing but shit

Where did the turd gen touch you, OP?

You look at shit like that and understand how Japanese cars beat American cars so fucking hard in the 80s and 90s.

Everything was shit back then because of all the EPA shit. Cars in the 60 and 70s were making 400hp+ but shit hit the fan after the gas crisis. It was really only niuntil now where things improved. Be glad we are living in the 2nd golden age of Horse power because it wont last forever. The next thing to kill this era off, perhaps forever, will be electric cars or other such cuck mobiles

Foxbodies killed Turd gens back in the day kid.

I'm sure Tesla software will get cracked within 5 years if it isn't already. If it never is, hardware workarounds will be produced or even completely new computers.

>"super" cars blown out by an electric family barge in drag races
>electric cars killing off the current horsepower era
Alright kid.

>people don't realize cars were choked with catalytic converters just to pass strict emissions

Doesn't matter though, because V8s are for cucks

EVs always have the potential to be fast which is something of a silver lining. Its the one truly good thing about them. So long as the wiring and control module are up to the task you can push more current to the motor and make it produce more power. As batteries increase in capacity you could theoretically tune an EV to retain the same driving range but output more power.

Manufacturers would have to go out of their way to install motors with failsafes to stop modders from creating 1000hp sleepers with a simple 5 minute tune. If the battery can handle the drain, and the wiring can take the load without burning out, then even something like a Chevy Bolt would turn into a super car in a straight line.

>inb4 ECU checksums

>The 5.0 was a powerhouse at 140hp in an emissions- and fuel-strangled economy, with 0-60 times of 8 to 9 seconds and 17 seconds at 85mph in the quarter mile

yeh thats cool

Camaro had similar times tho

Are you retarded? Look at how many people by cars based on empeegees and comfort, than horse power, look at the cucks creaming their chastity belts over the new ceaper tesla. Will ev cara kill fun IC car? No, but the consumer will. Most of the market only cares about point a to b drives. Even if tesla and evs dont kill IC or fun cars in general, there will just be something else that will.

In a straight line which literally doesn't matter, turd gens killed foxbodies in the handling department.

>6 liter V12
>200hp
>that's if the piece of shit actually runs

Don't pretend Europe was much better. Weren't you people still using horses and carriages at that time?

Also torque. 200hp from a big V8 is different than 200hp from a high comp 4 cylinder. The V8 is much more comfy.

turd gens killed foxbodies in the handling department.
ahem

This, also people like to shit on the muh understressed meme but it really is. The veeate will run with minimal maintenance for years and years, while a higher strung smaller engine making similar power won't. My 82 turd gen hasn't even ever had the valve covers off, while my 98 scoob has had the motor apart.

HP
-60 in 11 seconds
Why do you feel the need to lie on the interweb?

false.

And this little thing in turbocharged form curbstomped both of them and got better fuel mileage too while being wrong wheel drive and having half as many cylinders. It was the original Ecoboost (after the 2.3L Lima SVO Mustang and Thunderbird of course)

which 6 liter V12 had 200hp in the 80's?
E32 750i was the first car to feature a V12 post WW2 and it had a 300hp 5.0 litre V12.

>first car
I mean first German car post WW2

The Jag 5.3 and 6 liter V12's.

They're pony cars, retard

well according to wikipedia the Jag 5.3 produced 242-282hp and the 6.0 produced 320hp

>he doesn't know about the turbo lima SVO
stop posting anytime

What does that have to do with anything?

do people think that was actually a good car

lmao

>underestimating the power of the almighty lima

Bruh, you are going to get your shit pushed in by one, one day

uhh they also came out with a 4 cylinder version cos fuel crisis that usa still not "over it"

Except prevent you from looking like a titanic homo?

pic related made about 250 with a v6 and a turbo, great for the era where EPA cucked everything.

yes basically all 305s sucked ass
3rd gens handle quite nicely through.
I beat a r35 and a 2016 c7 GS at the autocross last month.
Driver>Car

>restrictive pellet type catalytic converter and you get about 40 more horsepower
UMMM no
i have a 92 3rd gen and deleting the CAT made the car no faster
it felt the same
was louder though.

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=RI-lukE09gs
Mustang was still faster.

Yeah, because there's lots of corners at the stoplight drags.

Lol, those things aren't fast and certainly not faster than a '85+ 5.0L.

youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=d2wz6oV9sSU
See

the later 3rd gen Z28s were way faster though.
and that video shows the camaro beating the fox by 2 seconds at a track.

>EVO
>not a special edition

That's like saying an M4 GTS isn't a special edition.

this, I had a 305/t5 and it was slow but felt somewhat fast due to torques.

Plus look at all the room in one of their engine bays, its easy and cheap to swap in something decent.

>ts easy and cheap to swap in something decent.
i got a Supercharged LS3 build almost ready for my turd gen.

i'm excited to remove that 650lb 305 for an LS

Thats why every other country pulled 10 years ahead of american car companies in the 80s and 90s and why theyre just starting to come back now, shit engineering, shit design, maybe one or two gems but largely horseshit. This allowed the japs and euros to come in with cars 4x as good for the same price and take the market

>chevy 302
>iroc having a 305 in the first place
this is a bait thread lmao

OP is a fuckin faggot.

IROCs did come with a 305 and Chevy did make a 302(in the 1st gen).

That's because in 1985 they switched to monolithic type. Mine is a 1982.

>american sports cars

My 4500 lb diesel SUV with 170hp does 0-60 in 12 seconds.

my 4700 lbs diesel SUV wrecks your 4500lbs diesel SUV
mine does 0-60 in 8.0 secs

Chevy did have a 302 it was low volume as fuck and only in the first gen Z/28.

This. I have a few grand into my 89 iroc and it corners as well as my 16 Camaro SS. Granted, the iroc ride quality is shit because of all the money I poured into it, but they will both take turns at the same speed.

Rip to your 10 or 9 bolt rear.

You're gonna need a new everything because factory transmissions, driveshafts, and rearends oh hold about 450 ft/lbs of torque

He needs to find a donor 98-02 SS for its T56 and rear end. A Super T10 from an 82 might take it, but I'd want to change it anyway since it's a 4 speed with no overdrive.

Have an IRS ready for it senpai
rated at 800rwhp

i'm aware will need a whole new driveline
T56 magnum, IRS rated for the power, 1000hp drift shaft ex.

>No wonder everyone was on drugs in the '80s, American cars sucked hard

yeah no shit. its why all the good "american" cars of the 80's were actually just rebadges of jap shit.

>302

Its a fucking iroc
350 you dumb cunt

or 305 with an LG4, L69, or LB9. 350 would be an L98

my c4 corvette has 250hp but the same times as these cars.

intredasting