How's your shitbox doing?

How's your shitbox doing?

It's the best car I've ever driven. It's only had one problem, a power window regulator.

Holding together. I just did new outer tie rod ends and will do an oil change this weekend, but it's gonna need new oil lines to the turbo and oil cooler pretty soon, and it's starting to leak power steering fluid. Can't find the leak itself and all my fluid levels are fine, so I'm not 100% sure what's going on.
Going to do cv joints over the winter, and probably motor mounts and a new flex pipe on the exhaust while I have it on the lift. After that's all done, I want to take care of the rust in the wheelwells. It's not bad yet, but I'd like to fix it before it gets out of control.

However, she's running great and driving well, and I plan on keeping her for the foreseeable future.

How about yours, user?

well the shift points from the previous owners driving are for driving mrs daisy around while my driving style is aggressive acceleration then back down to reasonable speed (I have a lot of times where I need to pull out onto busy roads or highways) so the cars been shuddering and shifting st the oddest times (not slipping or anything just shifts at odd times)

Might have to reset the ECU so it can learn how I drive instead of the previous owner

Which one? I have 5....

A-arm bushings are going bad. Squeaking like a motherfucker

Pic related. Replaced the old cut springs a month ago, before the squeak. If i had known it was going bad i would've fixed it right fucking there.

>reeeeee

- engine mounts sagging
- powersteering rack leak
- rad has a slight leak so smells like rusty coolant when hot

still soldiering on like a champ though

Either the exhaust or something else is making a rattle at low engine RPMs
The clutch release bearing or whatever the hell it's called in english is making a noise every time I press the clutch.
A ton of outstanding little niggles.

Not very well, it's in the shop getting a new head gasket atm.

Have to get a new fuel pump next week.
Goodbye paycheck.

I accidentally lit her on fire yesterday by getting brake cleaner fumes on the distributor.
She's fine though, going to fix the rear brake lines sometime this week.

I hit a bad pothole and since then I get bad rumbling noise/vibration at speed from my front right tire. At 80-90 it feels like it's rattling your brain in your skull. Here's hoping it's an easy fix.

>i've been neglecting to replace the front crank seal. i have it but need to devise a way to lock the engine before trying to remove the crank pulley.
>alignment is off, moved to a new city that has fucking potholes fucking every fucking where.
>replaced shocks, but not springs, and found that my original springs have weakened and dont seat properly

its getting colder again so its idling is not smooth anymore. Something that happens since last year.

I wonder what it could be.

>06 camry
Started making a whining noise, and would randomly stall mid-turn. Turned out it was a failing alternator, replaced it and now runs like a champ.

just got the thing as a hand me down
It's leaking oil and previous owner had paid to get the head gaskets redone.
Currently I'm at a loss because i'm such a wuss to try the starter blip method of removing the crank.
Also looking at repairing an outer CV boot today since no classes and nice weather

2002 Honda Jazz
which is a Fit renamed for EU, ask a finn what a fitta is to learn why

>electric power steering is a bit noisy
>some heat shield near the exhaust manifold rattles sometimes
>A/C could use a recharge but I never use it anyway
>That's it. Nothing wrong with it.
>Even came with a proper head unit (needs a 80€ trim piece to fit on these) and winter tires.
>I recently polished the aged headlight lenses because there was nothing to fix on it.

It's reliable, cheap to run and also very practical.

Send help

Most likely you've fucked your tyre and/or your rim. At best, the wheel needs to be balanced again.

my isn't she a dirty girl.

What a cute little car. Does your boyfriend approve?

>ask a finn what a fitta is to learn why
Swede*, Finns say "vittu".

mene?

My 05 Elantra is doing great! My great-grandmother bought it new. She barely used it and my grandparents took the keys away before long. I got it in 2012 with 12k miles on it and it only has 48k miles now! 52k miles left until it dies!

Flex pipe in my saturn is making noises once in a while, and my clutch needs replacing ive been babying it because too poor

burns and leaks oil but I think the leak may have stopped
took it for timing belt + water pump change yesterday
>paid 1k
now it runs a lot louder and makes a metallic noise so I'm probably fucked if its the lifters or the valves. It's my first car too and I blew pretty much all my money on it and it keeps sucking up more and more. I love it dearly even though its an auto and kinda slow but buyers remorse hits me like never before.

Idk what to do anymore. One of the best things to happen to me is starting to shit itself

Washed by irma still no rear suspension but it's alright and it's based of your pic related.

it's 15 years old now and while the engine itself is still in great shape, all the shit around it just seems to be breaking. it's like every other week i have to replace something. luckily there's plenty of them at the local junkyard for me to rip parts from. i just need it to last me one more year and then it can have eternal rest.

oh it also flooded a bit recently so i'm looking forward to more electrical issues down the line

went for a drive 10 min ago. No metallic sound, sounds like it usually does, pulls pretty well and no CEL so I guess its something else

Ranger shitbox is still on the road OK, just got catfish Taurus shitbox back up with new gas tank. Should be good for another 30k before trans explodes.

finally finished rebuilding the Geo Metro. Bought it as a commuter knowing it burnt oil and would need a rebuild soon. Sources online say that you can get by with rebuilding the head, replacing piston rings, bearings and a quick hone with a ball hone for a cheap fix. Burnt fuck loads of oil until one day it cracked the #3 intake valve.

Bought a rebuilt head for it and proceeded to tear it apart until i saw that the #3 cylinder ended up having bad scoring in it from when the valve shit the bed. Ended up ripping out the entire engine and sending it to the machine shop who replaced all pistons,rings, all bearings, oil pump, water pump, timing belt. Clutch was toast so i put a new one in.

At the end of the day I spent 1500 to rebuild a fucking Geo metro powertrain. At least it runs good now....

She could use a new pulley, some bushings, and maybe a power steering pump.

I haven't gotten around to seeing if its the IACV or just a dirty screen in the steering rack solenoid.

Coilpack failed.

Terrible sounding coming out of it

on it's last days

Just hit 400k. It wants death, but I keep changing oil and driving like a priest.

>window keeps coming out of its tracks
>some rattling but 90% sure it's purely the body
>brake pads are almost dieded
>engine and transmission keep working like champs after almost 240k km and 20 years of driving

Mankind is not worthy of Honda Civics

ded v_v

So now I have a new hoonbox >_>

>15 year old focus
>sub frame rotted
>other than that nothing else wrong with it
>decide to check the market, need a bigger car soon anyway
>spend half a week around the second hand car market with a a few thousand to play with
>must have lucked-out, all i saw were wrecks, poor abused cars or mayonnaise engines
>every place I went to the people selling either did not give a fuck about the condition of the car or blatantly attempting to hide major problems, like powerwashing the fucking engine 5 minutes before I arrive for example
>fuck it
>sort the subframe out and rock on with my current shitbox
>realise my shitbox is worth its weight in gold compared to what was on on the forecourt that week

Great, but I'm afraid to do the minor body work it needs from the pervious owner and I know it's only gonna get worse

But $1200 paint work on a $3500 car? Ouch.

I have a leak in my gas tank which I need to do something about. The frame is too rusted to take the tank down so I'm thinking of using jb weld. Will a certain type be better for this than others?

2003 buick century here. It's not doing so hot.
For the past couple of months I've been trying to find the source of a vacuum leak, but this motherfucker is elusive af. I've changed out the TPS, the EGR, the evap purge valve, the drivebelt and throttle body gasket all following this fucking leak. Not like I can be sure though as my car fucking screams if the slightest bit of pressure is applied to the gas, it resonates throughout the engine.
Not that any of that matters now though, just this morning I completely lost all power on my way to work and had to have it towed back to my house. So now my battery is reading at 0 volts and I guess I have an alternator issue now too? Who the fuck knows

looks like mad max

not great

Hit 200k the other day boys.

Literally me, but I also drive a Honda Civic

Nothing wrong with it.

10k miles until all value is gone boys!

409k here

100k coming up. 8 miles left. What do I win when I get there, besides a manufacturer recommended spark plug change?

Good time to wonder if you're ever going to replace the shocks. Because if you replace the shocks at 170k like I did then you might have spent a lot of ks with busted shocks and not that many ks with happy new ones.

I've replaced the fronts, they were like a bouncy house at around 93k. The springs were ready to snap. The rears are still okay I think.

what country is that

armenia

Collecting dust as a driveway ornament at this point

That's the Arkansas flag, that's not a real plate. Armenia has ARM and a red, blue, and orange horizontally striped flag.

Alright for the most part. Loose lifter. Other than that im trying to decide whether to diesel swap it, or turbocharger + cam upgrade

wow that's gay, is it legal?

Arkansas doesn't require a front license plate, so yeah it's fine, as long as you don't have a real Arkansas plate on the front that's different from your rear one.

Not good, she shudders when rolling to a stop and leaks about a quart of oil a day from what I'm assuming is the rear main seal. Going to my local salvage yard when the sticker expires in a week or so, maybe it'll live on in other shitboxes.

>ask a finn what a fitta is to learn why

Whelp, that clears up that burning question

Quickly rustproofed my shitbox today to prolong the inevitable cancer death. Gearbox also feels wonky after filling it with new oil, upshifting is fine, but downshifting to 3rd, or 2nd either goes smoothly, sometimes, or grinds like a motherfucker and needs to be forced, even when revmatching. Hopefully the cold wont make it worse. Engine is rock solid, except the occasional electrical problems, doesnt even burn oil.

Its a 15 year old diesel Astra with 420k on the odo.

Also need to flush the heater core before the winter, as its not getting any heat into the cabin. Its a pita to drive if the windshield keeps fogging up, or freezing.

>Hopefully the cold wont make it worse.
It will. You can either put better gear oil in now or make excuses that you don't want to go lie down under your car in cold shitty weather..

I’ve heard that some synth oils might be too good for old gearboxes. This might be the case here. The weight and grade are correct and I’m not going to put some other oil in there that might not change anything, or make it worse. At least for now.

>too good
wtf does that even mean?

Anyway, good luck on your gear oil journey. It can make more of a difference than you'd think, but you'd probably want to solicit the advice of people who share your transmission rather than picking another brand off the shelf to roll the dice again.

>wtf does that even mean?

Oil too slippery so the synchros wont catch.